Man shoots 2 Ameren workers, kills himself

Feb 27, 2009 Full story: KMOV-TV Saint Louis 18

An unidentified man in his early 30s shot and injured two AmerenUE utility workers Friday in Jackson, Mo., before turning the gun on himself.

Full Story
curious

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 28, 2009
Does anyone know where Mr. Hemingway worked? Maybe he lost his job and snapped? Just speculation.
Observer

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Feb 28, 2009
That was my first guess on the situation too. My prayers go out to everyone involved in this sad tragedy.
pisd off

Cedar Hill, MO

#3 Feb 28, 2009
he comes from a very strange family

“Got Logic?”

Since: Nov 08

Perryville

#4 Feb 28, 2009
They're not strange, they're actually pretty nice people...
Betty Davis Eyes

Cape Girardeau, MO

#5 Feb 28, 2009
pisd off wrote:
he comes from a very strange family
do u know the family?

“Got Logic?”

Since: Nov 08

Perryville

#6 Feb 28, 2009
I do
Pissed also

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Feb 28, 2009
i know the family also he was a strange duck always was even in school. Look at all his pictures everyone is smiling and normal and he will be the one on the side of the photo, looking weird. If he was going to off himself why try and take two or three more with him?? Same family in ste. Gen offed himself, is this a family trait??
Solarman

Banning, CA

#8 Feb 28, 2009
"Humphreys did not know the workers' names and said Ameren didn't want their names released."

I can't help wondering,if this is a stupid HIPPA thing,or did the employees themselves opt out? It seems to dehumanize the whole event.

“Every Dog Has It's Day!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Feb 28, 2009
I went to school with both his parents, and they were both very nice people. I knew the fathers brother's also. One (which I was good friends with) died in a accident on the mississippi river. The younger one sadly also committed suicide. Just pray for all the families involved.
Lookie Cookie

United States

#10 Mar 8, 2009
LilDiamond: my gal friend was married to Ernie.. OMG, the life she had with him, it's been years and i still feel soooo bad for her.
Just wondering

Fredericktown, MO

#11 Mar 13, 2009
Solarman wrote:
"Humphreys did not know the workers' names and said Ameren didn't want their names released."
I can't help wondering,if this is a stupid HIPPA thing,or did the employees themselves opt out? It seems to dehumanize the whole event.
Have they ever released the names of the AmerenUE Utility workers that were shot and how are they doing?
Ladadeda

El Segundo, CA

#12 Mar 14, 2009
like you really care - goosip monger
To Ladadeda

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Mar 15, 2009
People are concerned about the AmerenUE workers that were shot. You don't need to be calling people names and getting your panties in a wad over it. Also, you need to learn to spell, it would make you comment a little more convincing.
virgil norrington

Omaha, NE

#14 Mar 15, 2009
Pissed also wrote:
i know the family also he was a strange duck always was even in school. Look at all his pictures everyone is smiling and normal and he will be the one on the side of the photo, looking weird. If he was going to off himself why try and take two or three more with him?? Same family in ste. Gen offed himself, is this a family trait??
exactly what does a strange duck look like? Does it stare off in the distance, does it fly backwards, if you put it's brains in a fleas ass, would they rattle? just wondering.
virgil norrington

Omaha, NE

#15 Mar 15, 2009
To Ladadeda wrote:
People are concerned about the AmerenUE workers that were shot. You don't need to be calling people names and getting your panties in a wad over it. Also, you need to learn to spell, it would make you comment a little more convincing.
i think it was a play on words, like in silly goose?
Ladadeda

El Segundo, CA

#16 Mar 17, 2009
To Ladadeda wrote:
People are concerned about the AmerenUE workers that were shot. You don't need to be calling people names and getting your panties in a wad over it. Also, you need to learn to spell, it would make you comment a little more convincing.
Byte Me Fool!
ang

United States

#17 Mar 18, 2009
I just now found some of things stupid comments.Imagine if this was your child,brother,or cousin. Would you want such comments posted. everyone is not the same i this world if they where then it would be a boring place. Take a good look there is something wrong with everyone in this world. I feel for the family not knowing why. My heart goes to everyone in this situation. Lets not judge someone intil you have honstley judged yourself and i bet your not perfect. Thanks to the people who stood up for the family,
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 21, 2009
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Have they ever released the names of the AmerenUE Utility workers that were shot and how are they doing?


I know one of them and he is doing alot better. Just started back to work. Taking it slow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ameren Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 injured in accident at central Mo. nuclear plant (Apr '13) Apr '13 kevan 1
Ameren asks judge to toss lawsuit over boy who ... (Jun '07) Dec '12 cousin 2
Massive Blackout Continues in St. Louis (Jul '06) Feb '12 homeboy 3
Ameren donates $50,000 to Heat-Up St. Louis (Nov '11) Nov '11 ROBERT 1
Lake properties (Oct '11) Oct '11 Carol Fenton 1
One Dead In Motorcycle Accident In North St. Louis (Sep '10) Sep '10 Big J 45
Ameren UE Promises $5 Million in Energy Assistance (Aug '10) Aug '10 angie 8

Ameren People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE