Arch Said to Seek Buyers for Several ...

Arch Said to Seek Buyers for Several U.S. Thermal-Coal Mines

There are 2 comments on the The Washington Post story from Apr 25, 2012, titled Arch Said to Seek Buyers for Several U.S. Thermal-Coal Mines. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Arch Coal Inc., the fourth-largest U.S. producer of the fuel, is seeking buyers for several of its thermal-coal mines in the U.S., which together may fetch $600 million or more, said people with knowledge of the matter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Coal miners wife

Winchester, KY

#1 Apr 28, 2012
It seems that the employees are always the last to know the the mine that they work in is up for sale. Some of Arch Coal mines in Ky were just bought by arch less than a year ago. God bless our miners and keep them working so they can support their families.
Unemployed coal miner

Wooton, KY

#2 Jul 8, 2012
I wish someone in authority would take a look at what is happening here in Kentucky. We do have families and I personally dont want any handouts but where is our help. Mr President where is our help. What about our little children that will have to suffer. What about our families. I am not talking about the big fine things in life I am talking about the basic needs. Clothes, food a roof over our heads. That is what it is comeing down to. We are Kentucky people and why not let us put it to a vote if we want our coal miners out of work. Yes, rules are needed but just like you said Mr President you will shut the mineing business down. Why? Our coal miners work just as hard as anyone else to support our families and most are respected, hard working men just trying to raise our children and help our community. We are no better then any other hard working American but we are being laid off, shut down and pushed aside as if we don't even matter. To all who are against us for what ever reason God bless you and I wish you happiness and health. To all of our coal miners and families lets pray together that God make a way for our leaders to see what they are doing to our families and our communities. With God all things are possible. I believe that!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arch Coal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No pay raises for Arch bosses (Jul '16) Sep 1 Augie 10
News Coal Companies Lobby For Clean Energy Subsidies (Feb '17) Feb '17 Solarman 1
Litigation? (Dec '16) Dec '16 Augie 1
News Arch Coal requests federal investigation in Wes... (May '14) May '14 Bob 1
News Miners to stage mass protest over Patriot Coal ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Brian 1
News Exclusive: U.S. senators seek probe into royalt... (Jan '13) Jan '13 au contraire 5
News UMW sues to keep benefits as Patriot shakes up ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 letemrip 2
More from around the web