big Al

Boise, ID

#161 May 13, 2009
Does anyone know how much money Cerebus lost due to the Chrysler Bankrupcy? I can't find anything about that secret company who owns LLC.
PInellasAlbWorke r

Lakeland, FL

#162 May 13, 2009
big Al wrote:
Does anyone know how much money Cerebus lost due to the Chrysler Bankrupcy? I can't find anything about that secret company who owns LLC.
If the Obama bankruptcy plan goes through the courts as is, Cerberus will lose 500 million dollars in second lien debt, that means they were second in line to get paid. A 81% equity stake that they had in the company, which they paid 7.4 billion dollars for and the Chrysler headquarters in Auburn Hills.
big Al

Boise, ID

#163 May 14, 2009
PInellasAlbWorker wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Obama bankruptcy plan goes through the courts as is, Cerberus will lose 500 million dollars in second lien debt, that means they were second in line to get paid. A 81% equity stake that they had in the company, which they paid 7.4 billion dollars for and the Chrysler headquarters in Auburn Hills.
Thanks- does your source know who is the first in line to get paid if Cerebus is 2nd in line? I wonder how much of the $7.4 B they will be able to collect.
heidlman

Phoenix, AZ

#164 May 25, 2009
they don't have 7.4 billion to lose. their investment is 500 million. the rest is debt that will get payed out first, i'd assume. pretty sure cerberus will be ok in the end. i wouldn't be suprised if they actually make out pretty good.
stock in fiat, old ceo is with cerberus now.... don't cry for them.....
Shopper

Denver, CO

#165 Jun 11, 2009
Louisville store is in the middle of a refresh.
lilricky

Winter Garden, FL

#166 Jun 13, 2009
Kissimmee, FL store will be getting a refresh/mini-remodel on June 17th, looks like the Company is starting to get back on its feet. Perhaps we'll even expand again!
DFW

Rockwall, TX

#167 Jun 13, 2009
We are expanding, new store opens in Mandeville,La. in August. Management Jobs have already been posted.
LLC is rich in cash looking for opportunities.
Albertsons sux

Atlanta, GA

#168 Jun 13, 2009
Albertsons is the worst place to work for. They treat the employees like dirt. They don't train people the way they should, then when things aren't done the way they want them done they mistreat you or fire you. They have been known to hire people just long enough for the store to get the CGT hours (Computer Guided Training) then let the people go. The hours are free labor to the store. They have supervisors that have no skills to be around people yet they keep them because they make the store money. Turn over is high. The company acts as if everyone has to put up with the way they are treated due to the economy. The sad thing is there are many single mothers that work for them and yes they have to have a job, but they don't have to be abused verbally by their bosses. They say it is an open door policy and that they investigate situations when in fact as long as it is manager or supervisor that tells their side of the story they could careless what the associate has to say. They ask about the turn over but refuse to talk to the associates. If not for the associates then they could not open the doors everyday.

If you like to be mistreated then make sure you apply for a job. I am sure you can get one long enough for the CGT hours.
worker

AOL

#169 Jun 16, 2009
Well..if you were the one to be hired for just cgt and then let go, you must be a real peach ! The store does not get any benefit by having a percentage of new employees taking cgt. Yes the 3-4 hours of cgt training is covered in a seperate labor account, but the new employee usually watches videos and fills out paperwork. Maybe they couldn't write or stay awake during training because they were up playing video games ! Other than this office training it usually is just a pain for the trainee to take time out of their schedule to waste on employees that actually passed the first written test that shouldn't have !!
heidlman

Phoenix, AZ

#170 Jun 24, 2009
any large retail outfit certainly has good and bad stores and good and bad employees and good and bad bosses. i've worked in for a few large corporations and have found fewer of the bad in the albertson's folks i've worked with/for than most of the others. don't ever want to work with/for and bad people? easy- win the lottery. i'm not going to say the problem was you. i don't know you. you don't know all of albertson's. you can't blame all of us.
man, i sound like management.... need listerine to wash my mouth out...
worker

Fort Worth, TX

#171 Jul 30, 2009
any news about more store closings in the dfw area?
crazy cake decorator

Arlington, TX

#172 Aug 18, 2009
worker wrote:
any news about more store closings in the dfw area?
Well it was announced friday that albertsons will be closing the store in hurst tx due to the highway being built over it and the store in arlington tx because it is low preforming
fla worker

Port Richey, FL

#173 Aug 21, 2009
I heard four more stores are closing. Any knowledge of a buy-out?
Matt in Florida

Bradenton, FL

#174 Aug 22, 2009
Heard the same thing today, From what I am told there was no buyout of these stores, they were just under performing stores, sales less than 250,000 a week, that did not turn a profit.
Big Al

Boise, ID

#175 Aug 25, 2009
we got word that Denver is closing 4 more stores.
worker

AOL

#176 Aug 26, 2009
5 stores and distrubution center closing. We all knew something was up when we were ordering everyday supplies from Ponca instead of Denver center. So.......... Who really has bought us out. Does anyone know who owns the the New Mexico distrubution center? Is this correct where we will be getting our loads from?
Big Al

Boise, ID

#177 Aug 26, 2009
worker wrote:
5 stores and distrubution center closing. We all knew something was up when we were ordering everyday supplies from Ponca instead of Denver center. So.......... Who really has bought us out. Does anyone know who owns the the New Mexico distrubution center? Is this correct where we will be getting our loads from?
nope- you will be getting them from the Tolleson DC
worker

AOL

#178 Aug 26, 2009
Tolleson is in Arizona? How can that be profitable for a company to hire trucks to transport loads to Colorado? We take quarter end inventories next week and I would bet money that all will be closed very soon. Maybe a small glimmer of hope for a buy-out but when Denver DC closes down in Oct. really there is no way they will be transporting our groceries from Arizona. I guess we will ride the ride and then go on! Thanks for the info.
worker

AOL

#179 Aug 26, 2009
If I estimated correctly it is approx. 13 hours from Denver to Tolleson DC. Well...I don't think that will work with refrigerated\frozen items. I understand Ponca but that was with supplies and dry goods. It looks like AZ will be still around until they close their DC.
worker

AOL

#180 Sep 1, 2009
There was to be an announcement today for warehouse(distrubution) employees. Such as buyers,jobs other than the truck drivers and warehouse workers. Any word? What do you think will become of Division office managers. They will more than likely start to be like snowbirds and head to warmer states!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Declining conditions at Albertsons in Washington (Apr '11) Sep 3 disgruntled 11
Wal-Mart to acquire both SuperValu & Albertsons (Aug '06) Apr '14 Sheri 13
What is going to happen to our albertsons 401 k... (Feb '13) Oct '13 tama kirkpatrick 3
Investor group buying Albertson's in deal (Jan '06) Sep '13 Need to know 14
Cerberus BIDS for select A&P banners (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cerberus Albertso... 1
Cerberus Thinks Supervalu Is A Super Value (Jan '13) Jun '13 turnoutthelights 5
Albertsons Sued Over Racial Discrimination (Jul '06) Jun '13 Terri 7

Albertsons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE