albertsons LLC
raza

Fort Worth, TX

#101 Aug 12, 2008
do you think that emmons, hays and sampson give a frogs eye about your finances? for most salaried staff this job is what they pay their kids allowance with, they make more money off of their investments than what their paycheck reads. and don't think for one second that their investments are in albertsons stock like the rest of us. money attracts money, money takes care of money, when we fold the VP's, DO's, and even the Ops. will be just fine. when the maximum amount of unemployment funds is roughly $350 dollars a week, most of us will actually get a raise when we get layed off, so don't be sad, hope that it comes soon so that we can collect our raise!
right on

AOL

#102 Aug 12, 2008
AMEN !
shopper

Louisville, CO

#103 Aug 14, 2008
Lafayette store got new green carts.
lou

Boca Raton, FL

#104 Aug 22, 2008
don't be so surprised about the big money hogs.
this is their life. they don't care about the human factor. the bottom line is to take it with you...to the grave. KARMA is the reality. you
get what you give.
worker

AOL

#105 Sep 4, 2008
It seems calm so far in Rocky mtn area. The end of the quarter was today and we all are being refreshed in improving our grosses and customer service is at an all time low. Usually some announcements hits within the first 2 weeks of the new quarter. we will see
mushroom

Sevierville, TN

#106 Sep 8, 2008
Any news about the rest of the florida div. that wasn't sold to publix? I heard they may be sold to sweetbay.
mushroom

Sevierville, TN

#107 Sep 18, 2008
I guess the big boys at Albertsons finally got their wish. we no longer need this forum. Since the company is now belly up. Sooo... everyone have a nice life. By the way, anyone have some BBs? Those that know me know why I ask for this.
Any way, hope everyone will at least be able to survive.
lilricky

Orlando, FL

#108 Oct 14, 2008
Belly up? What the heck are you talking about? We still have about 325 stores in Albertsons LLC. And no, mushroom, the florida division is still here, alive and kicking the rest of the company's butt on sales. ;P
CO Worker

Parker, CO

#109 Oct 17, 2008
"Lafayette store got new green carts."

We got these carts from Florida
CO Worker

Parker, CO

#110 Oct 17, 2008
"The division office in AZ is trying to convince us in Colorado everything is going great...But come on , we have really no division office staff ,only helpers in Denver to do their yes sir job for AZ staff. The ads are geared for Seniors and hot prices that we cannot keep up with product because of temp. outs at the warehouse. I would not be suprised if we are right along with Florida."

Worker- They cut the division staff to reduce cost after they sold the Stores in Wyoming. I do agree the Ads are more geared to the Arizona Market and they need to get a clue down there. Why don't they look at the Ads we ran last year in Colorado when sales were out of sight? We were not beat on any ads for the better part of a year until Arizona took over. The stores know left in CO are all good stores and if we are sold like they did in Florida I believe all would stay open. SuperValue(the other Albertsona) bought the stores in Wyoming and are probaly the ones who would buy us if we were sold so it wouldn't be all bad.
CO Worker

Parker, CO

#111 Oct 17, 2008
Lilricky- Larry Hansen and Wayne Denningham will turn Florida around like they did in CO. I'm sure the Stores that closed were not profitable for years. Hansen will keep sales up with great Ads which is the same thing he did here.
shopper

Denver, CO

#112 Oct 23, 2008
Noticed at the bottom of the ad that instead of 101508_SW_PG1_DEN, it reads 102208_RM_PG1_DEN. Has the Colorado stores split from Southwest?
worker

AOL

#113 Oct 23, 2008
Some are saying there should be an announcement tom.10/24.... Come on who looks at the bottom of the ad .
shopper

Denver, CO

#114 Oct 23, 2008
I work in retail (Walmart) and we get a lot of people "comping" ads. I always look at dates. It's how I stay current. But it is interesting that it goes from SW to RM. Something is going on and we'll find out soon, I guess.
worker

AOL

#115 Oct 24, 2008
I stand corrected. No announcement yet hopefully no more closures. I will keep an eye out on the ads from now on.
same oh

Oklahoma City, OK

#116 Oct 25, 2008
news around coener ans usually first of the week
herewegoagain

Naples, FL

#117 Oct 25, 2008
I heard Albertson's bought some Winn dixie's and they are up north...anybody here anything probably bs thanks!
big A

Boise, ID

#118 Oct 28, 2008
it was announce yesterday that Shane D is the new division president for Southwest division. In the past few months 3 operation folks from Denver have relocated to Phx. the marketing team is making ad verions for Denver to keep up with the pace from last yr. last yr denver sales was great unfortunately no gross profit was achieved. hang in there Denver
worker

AOL

#119 Oct 28, 2008
You are right , we are not hitting our grosses. They are extremely overflated and are basically unnattainable ! Sales are okay but we have been told in the past few years that if our stores do not make money (profit) for Albertsons, LLC we will not remain open. Do you see this threat repeating itself in the Denver area ? King's in our area are getting hit hard and we are falling flat.
shopper

Denver, CO

#120 Oct 29, 2008
Good ad this week, along with a 1 pg ad in the newspaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Declining conditions at Albertsons in Washington (Apr '11) Jul '16 NOTworthit 12
News Save Mart buys Albertson's stores (Nov '06) Jun '16 Walmart 196
Albertson's truck drivers (Jul '07) May '16 704driver 24
Albertsons pay back lawsuit (May '07) Oct '14 meisteri 6
Wal-Mart to acquire both SuperValu & Albertsons (Aug '06) Apr '14 Sheri 13
What is going to happen to our albertsons 401 k... (Feb '13) Oct '13 tama kirkpatrick 3
News Investor group buying Albertson's in deal (Jan '06) Sep '13 Need to know 14
More from around the web