albertsons LLC
big al

Boise, ID

#181 Sep 2, 2009
worker wrote:
There was to be an announcement today for warehouse(distrubution) employees. Such as buyers,jobs other than the truck drivers and warehouse workers. Any word? What do you think will become of Division office managers. They will more than likely start to be like snowbirds and head to warmer states!
i have not heard about any announcement as of today. just hearing rumors that a selected few backstage people will migrage south. knock on wood not someone who were part of the problem in denver
worker

AOL

#182 Sep 2, 2009
big al wrote:
<quoted text>
i have not heard about any announcement as of today. just hearing rumors that a selected few backstage people will migrage south. knock on wood not someone who were part of the problem in denver
It will be the best of the bunch! There are some that can do no wrong. Do you believe also that Rocky mtn. Division will be closed as of Oct.22 ?
big al

Boise, ID

#183 Sep 3, 2009
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be the best of the bunch! There are some that can do no wrong. Do you believe also that Rocky mtn. Division will be closed as of Oct.22 ?
the Denver procurement piece will be done by Tolleson. my understanding is the ops and DM will still be managing the stores. the DC and the staff there will be given some sort of severance.
worker

AOL

#184 Sep 4, 2009
So,I am sorry if this sounds dumb. Is the "procurement" an acquisition of the division? Do you know of any time line other than Oct.?
In Disbeliev

AOL

#185 Sep 5, 2009
Anyone hearing that the Washington and Oregon Divisions have been sold?
heidlman

Phoenix, AZ

#186 Sep 5, 2009
those are owned by supervalue, not alberton's llc... but i wouldn't be suprised. don't think supervalue is doing too good. not that anyone is doing great right now. but who would buy?
In Disbeliev

AOL

#187 Sep 7, 2009
Well the rumors seem to be Albertsons LLC and Kroger.
heidlman

Phoenix, AZ

#188 Sep 7, 2009
llc has no way to distribute up there unless there are dc's involved in a sale. i think kroeger owns fred meyer? used to live up there and they didn't then but someone said they do now. kroeger would be my bet.
In Disbeliev

AOL

#189 Sep 8, 2009
Our distribution center is in Portland Oregon so it probably would be involved
big al

Boise, ID

#190 Sep 11, 2009
worker wrote:
So,I am sorry if this sounds dumb. Is the "procurement" an acquisition of the division? Do you know of any time line other than Oct.?
Procurement is just a term used to describe the buying of products and having them in the whse. All of Denver stores will be ordering from Tolleson by the end of Oct. For the stores things will be fairly transparent.
AAA

AOL

#191 Sep 16, 2009
The news isn't even including Albertsons with the union vote anymore Only Kings & Safeway in Colorado.
Shopper

Denver, CO

#192 Sep 26, 2009
Broadway & Alameda store getting remodel.
Trucker Joe

Melbourne, FL

#193 Oct 20, 2009
Sedano's supermarket from Miami to buy 3 albertsons in orlando?
DFW Employee

Spring, TX

#194 Oct 20, 2009
Albertsons is opening a Newstore in the TCU area to replace the older store currently in TCU
colorado workers

Colorado Springs, CO

#195 Dec 16, 2009
12/15/09 8.9 million lawsuit settlement to former Denver Distrubution Center employees. This is a done deal.Albertsons LLC said they inherited this and they out of the goodness of their heart just decided to give over the money to these several hundred employees. Please , if they weren't guilty they wouldn't have given a penny! I am concerned that this may be the nail in the coffin for us left in Colorado.
Texas

Rockwall, TX

#196 Dec 17, 2009
You reap what you sow. Certainly the company did not promote these practices, however it does seem some supervision was involved. It is up to the workers in mass to police themselves to prevent these type incidents from occuring. I doubt it will be the end of the division, and the DC is already history, but either way. you brought it on yourselves.

Also, these things didn't just start when the LLC took over, but it became their problem once they closed the deal for the division.
same oh

United States

#197 Dec 17, 2009
llc didn't take any hit off this. supervalue took all the outstanding law suits before the company was split.
big al

Boise, ID

#198 Dec 23, 2009
does anyone know if this lawsuit named names? the whse manager from Denver is now running the dc in Tolleson.
colorado workers

Colorado Springs, CO

#199 Dec 30, 2009
No names were mentioned, it stated 179 workers were involved. Current and former employees. You may check into Denver Post on their report.
colorado workers

Colorado Springs, CO

#200 Jan 10, 2010
3 Denver stores to close. They were told on Friday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Save Mart buys Albertson's stores (Nov '06) Jun 8 Walmart 196
Albertson's truck drivers (Jul '07) May '16 704driver 24
Albertsons pay back lawsuit (May '07) Oct '14 meisteri 6
Declining conditions at Albertsons in Washington (Apr '11) Sep '14 disgruntled 11
Wal-Mart to acquire both SuperValu & Albertsons (Aug '06) Apr '14 Sheri 13
What is going to happen to our albertsons 401 k... (Feb '13) Oct '13 tama kirkpatrick 3
News Investor group buying Albertson's in deal (Jan '06) Sep '13 Need to know 14
More from around the web