First Prev
of 12
Next Last
happilyeverafter

Mission Viejo, CA

#1 Jun 5, 2006
What the hell does the LLC mean? That Albertson's still exists? Just under a new name? So they can screw more employees? Joe has to be turning in his grave!
Destiny

AOL

#2 Jun 5, 2006
LLC limited liability company
What is a Limited Liability Company?
A limited liability company (LLC):
is a type of business ownership combining several features of corporation and partnership structures
is not a corporation or a partnership
may be called a limited liability corporation, the correct terminology is limited liability company
owners are called members not partners or shareholders
number of members are unlimited and may be individuals, corporations, or other LLC's
Destiny

AOL

#3 Jun 5, 2006
Here's a hot rumor for Florida people.

Rumor has it 20 stores will be told they are closing tomorrow, including all the Super Savers. What have you heard?
Michael

Norfolk, VA

#4 Jun 6, 2006
Destiny wrote:
Rumor has it 20 stores will be told they are closing tomorrow, including all the Super Savers. What have you heard?
Destiny- please call me at sarasota newspaper, mike pollick
area code is 941
prefix is 361

last four is 4874
lettuceman

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2006
its true got news today . we are gone between now and august 5 store 4420
The begining of the end

AOL

#6 Jun 6, 2006
lettuceman wrote:
its true got news today . we are gone between now and august 5 store 4420
Yes two stores in Brevard County were told today. I am probably riding it out till the end and getting my 12 weeks severance pay, plus four months insurance.

As I intend to remain an Albertsons employee I decline to speak with any media. Unless you have a class action law suit going against Larry!

Yes closing is August 5, "at the latest."
future unemployed

Chandler, AZ

#7 Jun 6, 2006
well they did it they closed 9 stores in the arizona market.Thanks Larry YOU SCREW UP
future unemployed

Chandler, AZ

#8 Jun 6, 2006
Well they did it The new LLC closed 9 stores in the Arizona market. Thank Larry, YOU SCREW UP!!!!
The begining of the end

AOL

#9 Jun 6, 2006
future unemployed wrote:
Well they did it The new LLC closed 9 stores in the Arizona market. Thank Larry, YOU SCREW UP!!!!
Wow he's so pisssed he had to say it twice!
You gotta have a sense of humor-or a large supply of valium.
Mel

Tucson, AZ

#10 Jun 6, 2006
future unemployed wrote:

Which stores are closing in arizona?
tolleson distro dude

Tempe, AZ

#11 Jun 7, 2006
I work at the distribution center in Tolleson Az. and everyday we bring in less and less product. Our racks are bare. What do you think that means?
Destiny

AOL

#12 Jun 7, 2006
tolleson distro dude wrote:
I work at the distribution center in Tolleson Az. and everyday we bring in less and less product. Our racks are bare. What do you think that means?
Hmmm. Are you part of SuperValue now or LLC?
I know the retail stores that are closing have already been hit. Are there stores you service that have been told they are closing? However, many people I know do not want to try for a transfer because they are afraid this is only the first wave of closings.

I doubt the LLC wants to close every store-if you read up on Cerberus they really do want to turn their projects into a profitable company. They are going to need cut spending in various ways. I am surprised they are going to spend $ on uniforms. Just give out aprons and hats. I would also expect a freeze on wages for up to two years. Sounds crappy but hey, you still have a job and insurance. If you start over somewhere else you start at the bottom.

Anyway I have never worked for a DC so I can't say what to look for. Our clues were sending our SD away, and over the the next three days it was eerily silent. No phone calls or emails. Our old SD wanted us to send some of our people to "help out" over there. We were told there was a hiring freeze but when we called a more profitable store asking if they were hiring they said yes. I won't even tell you the other tricks we had up our sleeves.

We tried to tell ourselves we were just being paranoid, as we have had scares in the past. But the more clues we uncovered the more we knew it was happening. When the conference call was announced it was like being punched in the stomach. When the Big Boys rolled up at five minutes till (as predicted) it removed the last tiny hope we had-that maybe we'd be changed to SuperSaver or some new discount store.

I don't want to frighten you-as I said we have had a few scares ourselves in the past five or six years. We wasted many hours worrying over nothing. This time instead of just rumors we saw things we had not seen before. Then again, we are used to the Albertsons way. LLC will have their own way of doing things now.
ALLEN

United States

#13 Jun 7, 2006
GOT OUR NOTICE OF CLOSURE YESTERDAY,06.06.06-HOW TELLING! SEVERAL STORES IN THE SAN JOSE AREA WILL BE SHUTTERED.STR 7160 WILL BE ONE OF THEM. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE FREAKOUT!
peters

Walnut Creek, CA

#14 Jun 7, 2006
no surprise ... we have so many div office people ... it is no wonder the san jose stores lose money and have to close
unlucky employee

Tucson, AZ

#15 Jun 9, 2006
I've sign up contract with Albertsons,incorp. Now it changed to LLC. Are they the same name and company? They said I can't get out of contract since they're same name just different owner. Is that true?
OfficeWorker

Boise, ID

#16 Jun 9, 2006
I would think that you would need to talk to a lawyer about that. Normally when a company buys another company the also buy the contracts that the previous owners had in force. Some contracts will have a change of control clause in them which would let one or both parties out of the contract, each contract is unique and there might be other way out, if that is what you want. Most state Bar Associations have an ‘ask a lawyer night’ each month; where you can get free advice from a lawyer. You might search for the Arizona State Bar Association to see when and where they hold their meetings and try to get on the schedule.

I am not a lawyer, so you need to talk with one if you want to find a way out. I have had to get out of contracts before and it takes some considerable knowledge of the laws of the state where you are under contract to know what your rights are.
Cail distro

Tucson, AZ

#17 Jun 9, 2006
tolleson distro dude wrote:
Tolleson,
AZ distrubution center is going to be closed down. Cali distribution center is going to supply your store, Sorry! We are hiring because of this!!!!!
judy

AOL

#18 Jun 9, 2006
Destiny wrote:
I work at an Albertsons in Florida and it is closing August 5th, and other stores closing in Florida will close by mid August.
Mr Costco

United States

#19 Jun 9, 2006
happilyeverafter wrote:
What the hell does the LLC mean? That Albertson's still exists? Just under a new name? So they can screw more employees? Joe has to be turning in his grave!

LLC means: Liars, Losers, & Crooks
old timer

Clinton, OK

#20 Jun 14, 2006
Does anyone have any info on the closing of the Ponca City OK distribution center?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Albertsons pay back lawsuit (May '07) Oct '14 meisteri 6
Declining conditions at Albertsons in Washington (Apr '11) Sep '14 disgruntled 11
Wal-Mart to acquire both SuperValu & Albertsons (Aug '06) Apr '14 Sheri 13
What is going to happen to our albertsons 401 k... (Feb '13) Oct '13 tama kirkpatrick 3
News Investor group buying Albertson's in deal (Jan '06) Sep '13 Need to know 14
Cerberus BIDS for select A&P banners (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cerberus Albertso... 1
News Cerberus Thinks Supervalu Is A Super Value (Jan '13) Jun '13 turnoutthelights 5
More from around the web