Investor group buying Albertson's in ...

Investor group buying Albertson's in deal

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Sun story from Jan 23, 2006, titled Investor group buying Albertson's in deal. In it, The Morning Sun reports that:

An investment group led by grocer Supervalu Inc. and drugstore chain CVS Corp. said Monday it will buy Albertson's Inc., the nation's second biggest traditional grocery store chain, for $9.7 billion in cash and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Sun.

Richard Loptien

Redmond, WA

#1 Jan 23, 2006
We would like to know about our pension benifits from Albertsons I left Albertsons after 32 years and waiting 1 more year to start drawing benifits. I was in the company retirement plan and not the union.
employee from Boise

Pascagoula, MS

#2 Jan 23, 2006
Richard Loptien wrote:
We would like to know about our pension benifits from Albertsons I left Albertsons after 32 years and waiting 1 more year to start drawing benifits. I was in the company retirement plan and not the union.
I'd like to find out also. I've been working in Boise for 18 years.
My Albertsons

AOL

#3 Jan 21, 2007
Richard Loptien wrote:
Did you ever find out the answer to this question? I've been in Albertson's for 23 years and in a union
store for 26 years. Does anyone know how the severance/benefits work on this?
FormerAlbertsons Employee

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2007
I would try to call Benefits or HR for answers to this. I know ASRE(w/Fidelity) is still around, and even if your pension has nothing to do with them; they might be able to direct you to someone who would know.
florida

Oviedo, FL

#5 Mar 10, 2007
My mother, an Albertson's employee for 25 years, just received a letter from Supervalue stating that she still has accumulated earnings from the prior pension plan, and for some reason Supervalue is administering the plan.Albertson's used to offer a pension plan to employees before the 401(k) program. They, like many companies, switched over to a 401(k) plan to mitigate their own risk. When the 401(k) plan was established, for some reason everyone assumed that the pension plan benefits had been transferred into the 401(k) plan in a lump sum amount. That had been my mom's understanding until she got the letter a week or so ago. The letter basically stated she had benefits she would receive at retirement age - but if she loses the letter she's basically SOL.
Concerned employee

Winter Springs, FL

#7 Aug 13, 2007
Concerned Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter received the same letter. She sent it back opting for the check of the lump sum. It has been already almost a month abd she got no response or check. Unfortunatelly, she did not make copy of the letter before sending and we were not able so far to find a phone number to contact.
Could you help us? Did your Mom received the check? Is there a phone number in her form?
Would appreciate your help...Thanks so much.
Review
Mitch

Oswego, IL

#8 Jan 18, 2010
I worked for Jewel foods form stock clerk from 1982 till 1992 and would like to find out if IM entitled to any type of pension? Would anyone know who I could contact or talk to. Thanks
car

United States

#9 Jun 2, 2010
Wade Gustafson

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Oct 16, 2011
hope it helps wrote:
<quoted text>call supervalue- they took over the pension when company was broken up.
Supervalu did not buy all of the Albertson's stores.
hope it helps

United States

#14 Oct 17, 2011
bought all in florida- and they took all of the old company's outstanding libilities
Concerned Sis

Wichita Falls, TX

#15 Dec 3, 2011
Cerebus, not Supervalu, purchased the stores in Texas. Any information about this company honoring pension plans, etc?
hope it helps

United States

#16 Dec 5, 2011
supervalu still carries the pension. i am drawing it already. they took all liabilities the old albertson had. also payed the law suit against the old albertson in denver even thou all the stores were bought by cerebus. and the pension is a liability.
brian

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Aug 26, 2013
i found info with supervalue, 18009699688.
go to pension option.
i worked for albertsons so they are looking up my info and we will see
Need to know

Pensacola, FL

#18 Sep 25, 2013
brian wrote:
i found info with supervalue, 18009699688.
go to pension option.
i worked for albertsons so they are looking up my info and we will see
Did you ever get this settled with them? I had 10 years and have the letter stating I will get a monthly check from them but that was in 1997. Just wondering if they are paying...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Declining conditions at Albertsons in Washington (Apr '11) Jul 3 NOTworthit 12
News Save Mart buys Albertson's stores (Nov '06) Jun '16 Walmart 196
Albertson's truck drivers (Jul '07) May '16 704driver 24
Albertsons pay back lawsuit (May '07) Oct '14 meisteri 6
Wal-Mart to acquire both SuperValu & Albertsons (Aug '06) Apr '14 Sheri 13
What is going to happen to our albertsons 401 k... (Feb '13) Oct '13 tama kirkpatrick 3
Cerberus BIDS for select A&P banners (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cerberus Albertso... 1
More from around the web