Busch Gardens landscaper cuts 130 local jobs after 30-year contract ends

Full story: WTKR

One Source Landscape & Golf Services will lay off 253 employees on Dec. 31 after Busch Gardens begins doing its own landscaping and grounds work at the beginning of the new year, officials with both firms said Thursday.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2009
linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

The perfect landscaping was my main reason for going, what a shame
Kim Ballou

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Oh I hope that the layed-off employees from One Source will consider applying for the positions that have come available at the parks because the landscaping there has been top of the line. I would like to say that I am saddened that One Source will not be in charge of this service any longer. The landscaping there is the best my family has ever seen and we have been to very prestigous Botanical Gardens and other parks as well but nothing has ever come close to what we have seen at the parks in Williamsburg,VA and Tampa,FLA. We hope that the standard will remain at this top level as they seem to be saying that it will.
Hoping for the best,
Kim
lil757

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

It's the sign of the times.*sigh*

I just hope the landscapers who apply for those direct jobs get paid for what they are worth.
Mark

Williamsburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

The new owners are doing exactly what might have been expected. This is business. Period. They are going to cut costs to pay for the parks. The next item for the quality to go down and prices raised is the food. Busch Gardens always had food that was a step above usual park eating.

Augie Busch had a personal interest and devotion to this area and this park. That is now gone. Ask anyone who had the pleasure to meet this man and they will tell you he was obsessed with quality.

Thank you Mr. Busch for all that you did and all the good times. We will miss you very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent ABM Industries Discussions

Search the ABM Industries Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ABM buys Air Serv (Oct '12) Oct '12 Dick Mourdock 2
Raids Drive Illegal Immigrants Into Underground... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Cricket 23 95
Janitorsa daytime hours are picking up at offic... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Susan H 2
General Cleaner (Sep '10) Sep '10 Shawn Fowler 1
Janitorial firm to pay $5.8M in harassment suit (Sep '10) Sep '10 BOHICA 1
MPR report says 1,200 undocumented janitors fir... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Missy 1
1,250 Twin Cities janitors reportedly fired ove... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Peter 109
•••
•••