AirTran to end Atlanta nonstop flights at end of Nov.

Full story: WQAD

AirTran officials confirmed Tuesday afternoon that they will discontinue their nonstop service from Quad Cities International Airport to Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport on Nov.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Aug 30, 2010
Linda Z

Wyoming, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

I think Air Tran is making a mistake. I have already flown to Atlanta and back three times this year. The flights were full. I think they need to reconsider this decision.
Pam

Grand Bay, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

I fly on AirTran a lot. Every flight I am on is full. This decision is based on something besides usership. I would be curious what that something is. Since most of my flights are to Ft Myers, I look forward to that service. AirTran has been my favorite airline for several years. I'm sad to see this service to the QC end.
Keith

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Only flown once so dont know how this works but if we already bought our tickets and our return flight goes from Atlanta to Moline what does that mean?
walkerstoo

Ottawa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

I fly AirTran 3 to 4 times a year, MLI to ATL. Each trip I use a Moline hotels stay and park service. I'd estimate every flight I'm on is in the high 90 percent full. I don't believe its low passenger levels that are causing this change. Maybe check on QCA Internats gate and fuel fees? Somebody is getting too greedy I bet. It is too bad, AirTRan had the lowest rates, no will have to pay the sky high United or almost as high Delta prices. Or just give up and quit traveling to Florida for vacation and move there.
Lora

Walkerton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Keith wrote:
Only flown once so dont know how this works but if we already bought our tickets and our return flight goes from Atlanta to Moline what does that mean?
If you're traveling after November, you need to call. Your flight will not go. I just canceled our January trip to Miami via Fort Lauderdale...got a refund but they gave me absolutely no help in finding another flight either with them or on another airline (they are not partnered with any other carriers).
ATL

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Its sickening that those official statements are always lies. Flew this route 3-4 times a year for the past 5yrs and all flights were at least 90% occupied.
Just tell the people the truth. Thats what the public deserves.
Flying high

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

They are stopping sevice to Atlanta because they do not make any money competing with Delta as the airport fees are outragous. They have not made any money in this market for a couple of years now. Guess what...when they leave Delta will triple the fares. Exactly what happened in Charleston SC. The airport should have cut a deal...now everyone will lose unless you are going to Ft. Myers or Orlando.
sharon moore

Geneseo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

i am very sad that airtran is pulling out of moline. i was very happy with airtran and always had a enjoyable flight with a better price than the other other airlines from mli. it is getting harder and harder to strech our hard earned dollars for business or personal travel. i hope they get some other line in that will compare too airtran.
Not Happy

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

I know those flights are always full. QC Airport what is your side of story?
QC Airport Rep

Peosta, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Dear Not Happy-
The airline made a business decision regaring this route. The doors of communication remain open betwen the airport and the airline.Their Orlando service 4 days/week will remain- and they are slated to add Ft. Myers service in the Winter of 2011, to serve the snowbird community that is so prevalent in the Midwest/Great lakes states. Delta still flies to/through Atlanta so we are not without ATL service. As Airtran grows, they are looking to place their aircraft in profitable cities. Unfortunatley, we were not one of them for the Atlanta route. It doesn't come down to the fullness of a single flight that a person may have experienced a time or two when they flew. I am sure their decision wasnt' made lightly after 12 years. Feel free to contact the airport further on our "contact us" form at qcairport.com and we will respond directly to you. Thanks for asking.
EricA

Moraga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Air Tran service MLI to ATL is far superior to that of Delayta. Air Tran flies B737NG while Delayta flies little fly swatter CRJ200s.
Delta sucks!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent AirTran Holdings Discussions

Search the AirTran Holdings Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Southwest: You're now free to leave the country Jul 7 ramp rat 2
Southwest Airlines to launch international flights May '14 john 22
Southwest now flying to all of AirTrana s U.S. ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 E 190 pound gorilla 1
Southwest to Offer Flights from Richmond, Norfolk (May '13) May '13 huck 3
Southwest to start flying from CLT next Sunday (Apr '13) Apr '13 whatever 1
Today only! Airfare sale from MSP; one-ways fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Angry White United Pilot 1
AirTran bailing on Westchester County Airport (May '12) May '12 flyWN 2
•••
•••