Airline executives get millions of do...

Airline executives get millions of dollars in mergers

There are 11 comments on the Cleveland.com story from Mar 6, 2011, titled Airline executives get millions of dollars in mergers. In it, Cleveland.com reports that:

U.S. airline executives who have guided their companies through the last three giant mergers stand to collect tens of millions of dollars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cleveland.com.

AllStarjets

East Sandwich, MA

#1 Mar 6, 2011
So was this a surprise? Look what Wilson and Checchi got when buying NWA a decade ago, and they never ran an airline in their life. What makes Dick Anderson, Tilton, Fornaro, or Allen a good choice for running an airline, they dont teach that in school, and therefore they dont deserve sky-high pay, unless they have a track record of making an airline profitable from earlier jobs (Note: No airlines are profitable)
RWG

Dillsboro, IN

#2 Mar 6, 2011
And they deserve every penney.
Sassy Sally

Boston, MA

#3 Mar 7, 2011
That's a whole lot of cheddar and whole lot of poop the employees will be holding when these unethical people exit stage left.
HLIP

Mckinney, TX

#4 Mar 7, 2011
Sassy Sally wrote:
That's a whole lot of cheddar and whole lot of poop the employees will be holding when these unethical people exit stage left.
They earned that chaddar! Give them the benefit of all doubt. Just look at what, and who, they had to tolerate. That alone justifies the cheddar without any mention of the success achieved.
OldCapt

UK

#5 Mar 7, 2011
And so wonderful to know that these are the very same people who will receive 90% of the tax cuts which just passed for another two years. I'm sure they will invite us ALL for a ride in their new 90 meter yacht!
Buffy

Richwood, OH

#6 Mar 7, 2011
HLIP wrote:
<quoted text>
They earned that chaddar! Give them the benefit of all doubt. Just look at what, and who, they had to tolerate. That alone justifies the cheddar without any mention of the success achieved.
As usual the OLD [email protected], aka Brown Sugar sides with BIG money and over-paid, self inflated, arrogant airline management! Just like Rush, Glenn, Pat, and the old F*CK STICK named Brown Sugar...and JUST as useless! Giggles!
stve

Plymouth, MN

#7 Mar 11, 2011
SWA MAKES MONEY
ex-hp

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 12, 2011
Thye make millions while employess qualify for food stamps..nice.
Donna Jensen

Birmingham, AL

#9 Mar 16, 2011
HLIP wrote:
<quoted text>
Here piggy, piggy, piggy......
doofy

Fort Washington, MD

#10 Mar 18, 2011
I still liked the free cupcake i got from UAL/CAL! i WANT to say thankyou to my supervisor. The cupcake was very good, I like chocolate.
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

#11 Mar 20, 2011
That's free enterprise...the rich get richer, the poor get cupcackes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AirTran Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now departing: AirTran Airways flies off into t... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Peoples Distress ... 2
News Southwest: You're now free to leave the country (Jul '14) Jul '14 ramp rat 2
News Southwest Airlines to launch international flights (May '14) May '14 john 22
News Southwest now flying to all of AirTrana s U.S. ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 E 190 pound gorilla 1
News Southwest to Offer Flights from Richmond, Norfolk (May '13) May '13 huck 3
News Southwest to start flying from CLT next Sunday (Apr '13) Apr '13 whatever 1
News Today only! Airfare sale from MSP; one-ways fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Angry White Unite... 1
More from around the web