Airline passengers could get a nasty ...

Airline passengers could get a nasty 1-2-3 punch

There are 8 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Airline passengers could get a nasty 1-2-3 punch. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Corporate travel and ticket sales of premium seats are down. Overall demand is weak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Dr James Sadler

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jun 11, 2009
The free ride is over I see. Airlines will consolidate in the next twelve months and fares will increase. Time to get the Grayhound passengers back on the bus where they belong and make flying only for the upper middle class and wealthy This is the only way the airline industry will survive
Nurse Rachet

Sicklerville, NJ

#2 Jun 11, 2009
Dr James Sadler wrote:
The free ride is over I see. Airlines will consolidate in the next twelve months and fares will increase. Time to get the Grayhound passengers back on the bus where they belong and make flying only for the upper middle class and wealthy This is the only way the airline industry will survive
That may be very astute of you Dr. to point this out.

What's your take on the poor delusional employees that say their jobs are great, we're working hard to make the biggest airline the best? I believe with your observation of the airline industry these poor saps will be needing lots and lots of therapy especially after they are thrown to the curb.

One thing I must point out is that there will no longer be a middle class therefore only the wealthy will be flying thus causing even more capacity cuts.

We are going to have more than one flying over the coo coo nest.
Dr James Sadler

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jun 11, 2009
The poor delusional employees that you are talking about choose to wake up every morning to go to thier place of employment. If you are not happy with your job, leave. No one forces anyone to stay at thier chosen places of employment. God gave us all free will to do whatever we choose. The company does not owe anyone a job. Is it societies fault that they didnt go to college and earn a degree and better themselves? Or if they have a degree and cannot use it because they are either too lazy or do not have what it takes to make it in thier chosen field? The fact of the matter is that it has never in the history of aviation been so cheap to fly compared to the average wage. In the 80's you could never fly from coast to coast for under $200 and you shouldnt be able to now. With the cost of fuel and labor nearly four times what it was 20 years ago that was impossible and it should be now as well. Now pass the suture please
Nurse Rachet

Sicklerville, NJ

#4 Jun 12, 2009
Well Doc, I feel another pandemic is about to emerge.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you that no one is forced to stay in a job, leave if you are unhappy, blah, blah, blah. In these times you don't get to stay in you job whether you like it or not. There are plenty of degrees out there with no job or a chance to obtain one.

Doc the times are a changing and the one's that think their jobs are secure are living in la la land.
DeShonda

Houston, TX

#5 Jun 12, 2009
Dr James Sadler wrote:
The poor delusional employees that you are talking about choose to wake up every morning to go to thier place of employment. If you are not happy with your job, leave. No one forces anyone to stay at thier chosen places of employment. God gave us all free will to do whatever we choose. The company does not owe anyone a job. Is it societies fault that they didnt go to college and earn a degree and better themselves? Or if they have a degree and cannot use it because they are either too lazy or do not have what it takes to make it in thier chosen field? The fact of the matter is that it has never in the history of aviation been so cheap to fly compared to the average wage. In the 80's you could never fly from coast to coast for under $200 and you shouldnt be able to now. With the cost of fuel and labor nearly four times what it was 20 years ago that was impossible and it should be now as well. Now pass the suture please
Who the HELL are you calling delushional, you stuck up mutha-fracking privilaged a$$hole? I got four babies to feed a mortgage and an Escalade with 'mo miles on it than 'yo ma'ma! I can barely afford my fake Fendi bags and designer clothes and you gonna preach ta me tha I gotta go get ANOTHER job? You gonna pay my bills 'fo me while I am trainning? You gonna pay my bills when I can't make as much as I did at my old job?
After the LAST eight years under the tyranny of your precious Bush, I can BARELY make ends meet. Get REAL and pull your over privilaged head outta yo a$$ and join the real world!
Mrs Hermissillo Brunch

Titusville, FL

#6 Jun 12, 2009
DeShonda wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the HELL are you calling delushional, you stuck up mutha-fracking privilaged a$$hole? I got four babies to feed a mortgage and an Escalade with 'mo miles on it than 'yo ma'ma! I can barely afford my fake Fendi bags and designer clothes and you gonna preach ta me tha I gotta go get ANOTHER job? You gonna pay my bills 'fo me while I am trainning? You gonna pay my bills when I can't make as much as I did at my old job?
After the LAST eight years under the tyranny of your precious Bush, I can BARELY make ends meet. Get REAL and pull your over privilaged head outta yo a$$ and join the real world!
LOL!! Wonderful Post.
Alas, all too typical of the same lunatics that voted for "Change" and will be hurt badly by their Massah's policies.
Dr James Sadler

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jun 12, 2009
DeShonda wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the HELL are you calling delushional, you stuck up mutha-fracking privilaged **** hole? I got four babies to feed a mortgage and an Escalade with 'mo miles on it than 'yo ma'ma! I can barely afford my fake Fendi bags and designer clothes and you gonna preach ta me tha I gotta go get ANOTHER job? You gonna pay my bills 'fo me while I am trainning? You gonna pay my bills when I can't make as much as I did at my old job?
After the LAST eight years under the tyranny of your precious Bush, I can BARELY make ends meet. Get REAL and pull your over privilaged head outta yo **** and join the real world!
And what college did you attend? Your grammar truly is impressive. You must be the queen of the projects. This girl is the poster child for staying in school and using birth control
Hermosa Chick

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Jun 12, 2009
DeShonda wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the HELL are you calling delushional, you stuck up mutha-fracking privilaged **** hole? I got four babies to feed a mortgage and an Escalade with 'mo miles on it than 'yo ma'ma! I can barely afford my fake Fendi bags and designer clothes and you gonna preach ta me tha I gotta go get ANOTHER job? You gonna pay my bills 'fo me while I am trainning? You gonna pay my bills when I can't make as much as I did at my old job?
After the LAST eight years under the tyranny of your precious Bush, I can BARELY make ends meet. Get REAL and pull your over privilaged head outta yo **** and join the real world!
This woman sounds like a real winner. Probably works at Wal Mart or Waffle House. And its our fault that you can barely feed your children? You are the last person who should have a child let alone four. Get an education, get rid of that Escalade, and please dont have any more children!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AirTran Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now departing: AirTran Airways flies off into t... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Peoples Distress ... 2
News Southwest: You're now free to leave the country (Jul '14) Jul '14 ramp rat 2
News Southwest Airlines to launch international flights (May '14) May '14 john 22
News Southwest now flying to all of AirTrana s U.S. ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 E 190 pound gorilla 1
News Southwest to Offer Flights from Richmond, Norfolk (May '13) May '13 huck 3
News Southwest to start flying from CLT next Sunday (Apr '13) Apr '13 whatever 1
News Today only! Airfare sale from MSP; one-ways fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Angry White Unite... 1
More from around the web