AirTran lands at LVIA

AirTran lands at LVIA

There are 24 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 9, 2009, titled AirTran lands at LVIA. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS What: AirTran Airways will offer round-trip, nonstop flights from Lehigh Valley International Airport to Orlando and Fort Lauderdale , starting June 25.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NoCrap

Bethlehem, PA

#23 Apr 9, 2009
Good stuff!
Honky Lips wrote:
By the way LVI is in
Livingstone, Zambie, South Africa.
ABE is that Rinky-Dink,teeny-weeny, Micky Mouse airstrip along airport road near Rt-22.
Saying ABE is LVI won't make it true.
you tag your bag "LVI", it's going to Africa.
You tag your bag "ABE" ,It'll go to Allentown.
Bring me low fares

Lincoln, NE

#24 Apr 10, 2009
Next to landing Southwest Airlines, this is as good as it gets. The Lehigh Valley is the envy of many cities around the U.S.today who would give anything to land any type of new service, especially low .service like AirTran in these tough economic times. Hats off to the person or persons at LNAA who were able to make this happen.
Scott

Port Murray, NJ

#25 Apr 10, 2009
comment wrote:
What I am hoping for next...
Friday and Sunday roundtrips.
1. Montreal
2. Bermuda
3. Bahamas
4. Iceland
Daily/or Weekend Only
1. Jacksonville, FL
2. Savannah/Hilton Head, SC
3. Raleigh/Triangle Park, NC
4. Nashville, TN
5. Indianapolis, IN
6. Memphis, TN
7. Las Vegas, NV
8. Dallas, TX
9. Houston, TX
10. San Antonio, TX
11. St. Louis, MO
12. Minneapolis, MN
13. San Diego, CA
14. San Francisco/Oakland, CA
15. San Jose, CA
From your list I think the best bets would be; Montreal, Las Vegas, Houston & Minneapolis.

The last two being hubs for Delta/Northwest & Continental with more access to Mid West and Far West regionals.

I would love to see flights to LA & SF, but not sure of the size requirements for such a long flight works for ABE.

Have they ever explored offering direct flights to San Juan, PR? Obviously there is a strong population base in the area, not to mention that you can connect to any other number of Carribean destinations from there.
Average Joe

Whitehall, PA

#26 Apr 10, 2009
This is actually very good news. Air Tran is solid. I share Comment's enthusiasm. If we can finally get this airport up to par, it will help further define this area. In this new global community, we will require differentiation to compete. I do NOT want to be NYC bedroom community. An airport that serves the greater eastern PA REGION is a start. The next step is to attract 21st century PRODUCTIVE jobs. No offense to LVH (they are great), but it pains me that a hospital system is the largest employer in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AirTran Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now departing: AirTran Airways flies off into t... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Peoples Distress ... 2
News Southwest: You're now free to leave the country (Jul '14) Jul '14 ramp rat 2
News Southwest Airlines to launch international flights (May '14) May '14 john 22
News Southwest now flying to all of AirTrana s U.S. ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 E 190 pound gorilla 1
News Southwest to Offer Flights from Richmond, Norfolk (May '13) May '13 huck 3
News Southwest to start flying from CLT next Sunday (Apr '13) Apr '13 whatever 1
News Today only! Airfare sale from MSP; one-ways fro... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Angry White Unite... 1
More from around the web