Appeals court hints at tossing part o...

Appeals court hints at tossing part of Arizona law

There are 8 comments on the KOMOradio story from Nov 1, 2010, titled Appeals court hints at tossing part of Arizona law. In it, KOMOradio reports that:

A protester against Arizona's controversial immigration bill waves both the Mexican and U.S. flags during a march on the State Capitol Wednesday, May 5, 2010, in Phoenix.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOMOradio.

Glasnos

El Paso, TX

#1 Nov 1, 2010
It is going to the Supreme court ... where the liberal lower courts will be overturned. How can the federal government justify it's statement that the fate of the illegal maid is "up to California" and stand before a court and say immigration enforcement is solely the pervue of the federal government? The federal government can't abdicate it's jursidication at it's whim.
Conflict of Interest

Wailuku, HI

#2 Nov 1, 2010
No! It can't be true! Parts of the law may be tossed! OMG! Brewer and her Republican cohorts with ties to the privately run prison industry stand to lose millions.
Captain

Ann Arbor, MI

#4 Nov 1, 2010
This is just the middle part of the book. Actually, it's not to the middle yet-it's after the part where you just get to know the characters and then the "real" action begins.

All the different Classes and Races are being set-up. Civility still in place...watch what happens when the safety rug gets pulled out. When it is work or starve type situation...

Ahhh, that's when the action begins.

France is rioting in the streets over raising the retirement age from 60 to 62!(it used to be 65).
Greece - rioting over reducing very generous benefits.

No, I'm not 'an end of the world' doomsayer.
I am a realist.

Remember what happened in New Orleans after just 2 days of the safety net being pulled?
They KNEW it was coming too.
Remember.
Kenyan Klown

Bronx, NY

#5 Nov 1, 2010
We need to rid ourselves of the bankers government.
http://dumpdc.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/the-en...
Mothra

Apache Junction, AZ

#6 Nov 1, 2010
Politico reports the opposite from the hearing:

Judges may OK parts of Ariz. immigration law

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/445...
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Nov 2, 2010
Bank robbery is a federal crime, if Arizona police see a bank robber are they to leave them alone until federal law officers find him. Ridiculous, the federal government won't do their job and does not want to let anyone else do it for them. Kudos Arizona for trying.

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#9 Nov 2, 2010
Captain wrote:
This is just the middle part of the book. Actually, it's not to the middle yet-it's after the part where you just get to know the characters and then the "real" action begins.
All the different Classes and Races are being set-up. Civility still in place...watch what happens when the safety rug gets pulled out. When it is work or starve type situation...
Ahhh, that's when the action begins.
France is rioting in the streets over raising the retirement age from 60 to 62!(it used to be 65).
Greece - rioting over reducing very generous benefits.
No, I'm not 'an end of the world' doomsayer.
I am a realist.
Remember what happened in New Orleans after just 2 days of the safety net being pulled?
They KNEW it was coming too.
Remember.
Here's what I believe is happening in France and Greece. They have realized (where the American people have not) that a class war is going on in the world. The gap between the rich and the working class is widening by the day. The top 2% continues to whatever it can to amass every single dime possible, while the working class continues to get less and less.

If the Americans had any brains whatsoever they would recognize the same thing is happening here. As the working class continues to be thrown under the train, the 2 percenters are literally manipulating the economy of the entire country. But we're so busy name-calling and race baiting that we can't see who are real enemy is. I'll give the Europeans one thing. At least they'll stand up on their hind legs and make the demands necessary for the changes their politicians won't make.
scout

United States

#10 Nov 2, 2010
translation: Our Marxist Court System once again presses it's subversive oppressive presense upon real Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

A.P. Pharma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Associated Press Writer (Jul '10) Jul '10 Holder Smolder 1
News APNewsBreak: Thousands of donations total $500K... (Jul '10) Jul '10 LOL 2
News 524 Guard Soldiers Headed To Arizona-Mexico Border (Jun '10) Jun '10 AmberDru 6
News Arizona Gov. Wants Immigration Lawsuit Dismissed (Jun '10) Jun '10 alan 4
News Chambliss on Defense After Bailout Vote (Oct '08) Nov '08 old hammer head 8
News Reid: Federal prosecutor to look into polygamy ... (May '08) May '08 DUCK 1
News Student Sees Problems With H.S. Text -- Local A... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Robert 2
More from around the web