Bennett Smith gate stories from the v...
Honest Abe

Columbus, OH

#61 Sep 7, 2013
I would like to add this was alleged affair. I did not personally witness this.
Melody

Columbus, OH

#62 Sep 8, 2013
Some of the things you people have said has appalled me, especially those of you who are not members of this church. You are all so quick to judge. Where is your christianity. Bennett is a wonderful Pastor, probably one of only Pastor you will every meet in your life that you know is real.
We as a congregation should have a voice in this as if we want our leader gone or not. Who is going to hear our voice? I am not a paid employee or one of Bennetts children, I am a 25 year member who when I was going thru tuff times in my life my Pastor was their for me. Bennetts forceful resignation, should be from chuch members, not members of the board who come once a year. Bennett is a good man who has faults, like we all do. It is not our place to judge him, he apoloziged and is getting help and should be able to lead the church that he has built over the last 20 years. TCAP members, let's do something and stand up for our Pastor. He who is without sin, cast the first stone. If any members would like to address the board, and get our voice heard, please email me at [email protected]
Interested

United States

#63 Sep 8, 2013
Why was Jen the finance woman fired?
question

Columbus, OH

#64 Sep 9, 2013
Melody wrote:
Some of the things you people have said has appalled me, especially those of you who are not members of this church. You are all so quick to judge. Where is your christianity. Bennett is a wonderful Pastor, probably one of only Pastor you will every meet in your life that you know is real.
We as a congregation should have a voice in this as if we want our leader gone or not. Who is going to hear our voice? I am not a paid employee or one of Bennetts children, I am a 25 year member who when I was going thru tuff times in my life my Pastor was their for me. Bennetts forceful resignation, should be from chuch members, not members of the board who come once a year. Bennett is a good man who has faults, like we all do. It is not our place to judge him, he apoloziged and is getting help and should be able to lead the church that he has built over the last 20 years. TCAP members, let's do something and stand up for our Pastor. He who is without sin, cast the first stone. If any members would like to address the board, and get our voice heard, please email me at [email protected]
1
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa/view.as...
according to this restraining order, Does this mean that Lynn and Melody should not enter 1250 Gemini Place if they are acting on behalf of the defendant? Are the people representing him permitted to still attend services? I'm not on any side. Really, I want to know because if I have kids that attend, I don't want this controversy, I was happy with Sundays decision and am in support of their reasoning. I would like to just move on, the more fighting goes on the more diversion happens in our church. Please, lets just move forward and not lose any more members of the church then we already have over this. I feel like if he loved the church, he would move on and accept this. We can still support the Smith family in other ways.
Melody

Columbus, OH

#65 Sep 9, 2013
I am not acting on behalf of anyone, I am giving my opinion. We do not know all the details, and I just think that we should not judge. I support my church, but I also support my Pastor. Does the restraining order say I can not voice my opinion. We need remember that we need to be in the Grace of God, and let our answers come from him.
question

Columbus, OH

#66 Sep 9, 2013
Melody wrote:
I am not acting on behalf of anyone, I am giving my opinion. We do not know all the details, and I just think that we should not judge. I support my church, but I also support my Pastor. Does the restraining order say I can not voice my opinion. We need remember that we need to be in the Grace of God, and let our answers come from him.
/
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa/view.as...
/
maybe you didnt read this? please support the best interest of the church.
Melody

Columbus, OH

#67 Sep 9, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
/
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa/view.as...
/
maybe you didnt read this? please support the best interest of the church.
I will support the best interest of the church. I just wanted to give my opinion, which I feel I am entitled to. We should all be spending some time on our knees for our church.
question

Columbus, OH

#68 Sep 10, 2013
You opinion was quite judgmental! Asking us where our Christianity is? To me his being real seems more like an excuse to do what he wants. He can be forgiven but it by no means says he should be left in power. There are consequences to bad behavior. What is appalling is that he fired 7 people leaving families without an income. What is appalling is the allegations from all different directions. What is appalling is that anyone would still defend him. Go back and read each page and then understand it is more than likely that not all was put into it and some has still been kept behind closed doors. No one is quick to judge, it is 10 years of rotten fruit this family has caused in the lives of many innocent families. What is appalling is that it took this many years for the board to step in. What is appalling is that someone would attack the victims because they dare stand up for what is right, what is appalling is when someone makes such and ignorant opinion and tries to rally support without knowing anything but the defendant's very vague and inaccurate confession, What is appalling, is that a man would pick himself, wife, and 3 of his close friends that all live in different states scattered across the country to make up a board- what is more appalling is these men have to leave their home church to deal with this because he is trying to retract his resignation. What is appalling is the accusations of him trying to transfer large sums of money, what is appalling is an upstanding man of the church who has volunteered his time and put his life into this church was allegedly threatened by this man, What is appalling is the more than one accusations from separate occasions of public intoxication, What is appalling is the claims of abuse from his own staff, Maybe next time your entitlement of your opinion should go a little bit deeper with the facts.
sad

Denver, CO

#69 Sep 10, 2013
Unfortunately the post above is accurate. Matthew 7:17-20 says "Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

Galatians 6:7 says "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows"

I pray that those who see and hear of what has been going on at the Church at Polaris for years are not turned away from Christ and the good news of the gospel.
Please pray God's will be done at The Church at Polaris and God's name is glorified and no longer brought to shame on the news or in the courts.
Melody

Columbus, OH

#70 Sep 10, 2013
question wrote:
You opinion was quite judgmental! Asking us where our Christianity is? To me his being real seems more like an excuse to do what he wants. He can be forgiven but it by no means says he should be left in power. There are consequences to bad behavior. What is appalling is that he fired 7 people leaving families without an income. What is appalling is the allegations from all different directions. What is appalling is that anyone would still defend him. Go back and read each page and then understand it is more than likely that not all was put into it and some has still been kept behind closed doors. No one is quick to judge, it is 10 years of rotten fruit this family has caused in the lives of many innocent families. What is appalling is that it took this many years for the board to step in. What is appalling is that someone would attack the victims because they dare stand up for what is right, what is appalling is when someone makes such and ignorant opinion and tries to rally support without knowing anything but the defendant's very vague and inaccurate confession, What is appalling, is that a man would pick himself, wife, and 3 of his close friends that all live in different states scattered across the country to make up a board- what is more appalling is these men have to leave their home church to deal with this because he is trying to retract his resignation. What is appalling is the accusations of him trying to transfer large sums of money, what is appalling is an upstanding man of the church who has volunteered his time and put his life into this church was allegedly threatened by this man, What is appalling is the more than one accusations from separate occasions of public intoxication, What is appalling is the claims of abuse from his own staff, Maybe next time your entitlement of your opinion should go a little bit deeper with the facts.
You are right Please first let me say I did not mean to judge. Let me apoligize if I affended you or anyone else. I do not know all the facts, and was hearing only one side of the story. Iguess I did not want to beleive these allegations were true. If you would like, I would like to get together with you and let's pray for our church, the congregation that we can heal from this, and our leaders. I pray that God will bless our church and make it whole again.
Revelation

United States

#71 Sep 13, 2013
Anything new or just all the crazy rumors flying?
Revelation

United States

#72 Sep 13, 2013
Seriously. What is going in over there? We are hearing from people going back 15 years or better from all different likes of people. How did this go on for so long?
Warrior

Fort Wayne, IN

#73 Sep 14, 2013
Praying for Tcap.... Prayers for smith family to be restored to what God has called for them even if that is no longer at TCap.... Prayers that all involved are on their face before God. Prayers that Bennett gets help from Godly counsel that he can receive from who aren't involved in this mess... prayers that the church members keep their hearts right am look for reconciliation. The callings of God are without repentance. Bennett is still Gods anointed regardless of what has occurred... Prayers for the board to be lead by God and not their emotions during this difficult time.... Prayers for the church family to allow God to lead them and not participate in gossip... For all to believe that of we humble ourselves and pray an turn from our ways that God will HEAL OUR LAND!
Truth

United States

#74 Sep 14, 2013
Maybe we should pray for their salvation.
question

Columbus, OH

#75 Sep 15, 2013
Warrior wrote:
Praying for Tcap.... Prayers for smith family to be restored to what God has called for them even if that is no longer at TCap.... Prayers that all involved are on their face before God. Prayers that Bennett gets help from Godly counsel that he can receive from who aren't involved in this mess... prayers that the church members keep their hearts right am look for reconciliation. The callings of God are without repentance. Bennett is still Gods anointed regardless of what has occurred... Prayers for the board to be lead by God and not their emotions during this difficult time.... Prayers for the church family to allow God to lead them and not participate in gossip... For all to believe that of we humble ourselves and pray an turn from our ways that God will HEAL OUR LAND!
If you are going to throw words like anointed, it is best to have clear understanding of what that means, anyone can speak Gods word and it not be returned void. This by no means that person is anointed! Maybe Andy Stanley is anointed because my understanding is those are the messages given on Sunday morning. If you do not believe me the staff. God's word is anointed, not necessarily the one speaking it. Here is scripture that should speak loudly for those who continue to hide behind "those without sin, Cast the first stone" God does not intend for someone to produce bad fruit, miss use his (God's) money. He never indicated that living in sin is being authentic and real. For those that have stayed and turned a blinds eye, pray for mercy because the Lord does not condone that either. Check your hearts, repent yourselves, and speak Truth!
.
Ephesians 5
New International Version (NIV)
5 1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. 14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
question

Columbus, OH

#76 Sep 15, 2013
11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. 14 This is why it is said:
.
.We are required to expose fruitless deeds of darkness. It is one thing to fall into sin and another to revel in it. It has been the same accusation from almost every staff person of a course of a decade or better
toddRhoadescom

Columbus, OH

#77 Sep 16, 2013
Tomzspot September 7, 2013 at 2:30 pm The criteria has never changed. 1 Peter 5:2,3 for starters.“being examples to the flock”. I Tim 3 and Titus 1 lay out the criteria for any church leader or Elder, which a Pastor is one. Remember, I’m not saying there isn’t repentance. There is.(although with the way this is going, I don’t know.) Repentance puts us back in right standing with God. But doesn’t restore us to pastor-ship. And real repentance means “turning and not doing that which you did in the first place. To start doing the opposite.” The real issue is that Bennett never did qualify to be a shepherd. The tendencies that he is exhibiting now, he has exhibited before he was a Pastor and all during his Youth Pastor and Senior Pastor days. If you read the above statements they all testify of a heart that is not changed. He may talk the talk, but his actions are not pastoral. Now I don’t believe everything I read but I can agree with the statements above because I knew Bennett. My wife was also hurt by him. There are countless people that he has hurt in some way. And it wasn’t just because of differences of opinion. Many left the church because of his un-scriptural leading of the people and conduct unbecoming of a pastor.None of these things that I have read in the Court documents surprise me… none of them! It is just the same thing over and over.Here is the document: http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa/view.as... The only outcome that is best for TCAP is for him to resign “officially” again. If he continues to lead the church will be a dictatorship. If he really loved his congregation and TCAP as he says he does, he would do what is best for them.Pray for TCAP. This could be the end.
http://toddrhoades.com/pastor-and-son-charged...
looks like lots of people on other blogs are commenting as well. How has this gone on for so long?
Warrior

Fort Wayne, IN

#78 Sep 16, 2013
Even if you don't like what bennet had done or is doing.... All I am saying is that he is still called of God. Just because he may have done things that were immoral or dishonest.... Whatever you say he has done.... He is still called by God. Period and we as believers are called to pray for him. Thanks for your response and yes I have read those scriptures and yes he has been exposed. However grace and mercy are awesome things. This doesn't mean he needs to be restored to TCap but it does means he needs to be restored to what God has called him to do. All I am saying is regardless of the situation we should be praying for him and his family.... Praying for the church to heal....
praying

Columbus, OH

#79 Sep 17, 2013
Many are praying for all involved and for the Church I have known for a large portion of my life, but please do not act like the Smith's are the vicitms. They finally just got caught.
Warrior

Fort Wayne, IN

#80 Sep 20, 2013
Not saying the smiths are victims by any means.... But regardless of their actions.... They are still our brothers and sisters in Christ.... Just sayin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 12 min Astonished and Co... 1,213
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 7
Are you a motorcycle guy looking for female mot... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Laura Krutko either has low self esteem or low ... 3 hr landscapedude 1
News Papa John's To Pay Funeral Expenses Of Slain De... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Muslims beat woman for wearing bikini French ou... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 72
Robert Krutko's new nickname, TURDKO CRAPKO OR ... 4 hr landscapedude 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages