of 5
Next Last

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#81 Feb 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily--so far as I can tell, it's a private religious institution.
My only hesitation would be if he was hired to do something exclusive of religion (he was listed as an administrator).
I believe he was the vice principal. That would entail setting an example.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#82 Feb 12, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>They've done it to themselves:
Any Catholic politician who casts a vote with the intention of legalizing abortion, or of protecting laws allowing abortion, or of widening access to abortion, commits a mortal sin.
When such a vote indicates that the Catholic politician believes that abortion is not always gravely immoral, such a politician incurs a sentence of automatic excommunication, under canons 751 and 1364, because of heresy.
When such a vote is intended to have the effect of making abortion legal, or more easily obtainable, or more widely available, such a politician incurs a sentence of automatic excommunication, under canon 1398, as someone who is attempting to provide substantial or essential means for women to obtain abortions. Catholic politicians who pass laws which legalize, protect, or widen access to abortion, are providing essential assistance to women who want to obtain abortions.
It is not sufficient for Catholic politicians to claim that they are “personally opposed” to abortion. If any Catholic politician favors legalized abortion, despite a claim of personal opposition, such a politician commits a mortal sin by promoting abortion and by voting in favor of abortion.
The same is true for any Catholic who casts any vote with the intention of legalizing abortion, or of protecting laws allowing abortion, or of widening access to abortion. Such a voter commits a mortal sin and incurs a sentence of automatic excommunication for two reasons. First, they are committing the sin of heresy by believing that abortion should be legal and available. Second, they are committing the grievous sin of providing women with substantial or essential assistance in obtaining abortions, by attempting to legalize or broaden access to abortion.
http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/articl...
Ahhh, Pope Conte.

Hilliard, OH

#83 Feb 12, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, Pope Conte.
What part of "Canon Law" eludes you, little girl?
WiseAmerican

Perrysville, OH

#84 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>How do they know who they are unless they've come out publicly?
BTW, anyone who has had an abortion, performed one or assisted in one is automatically excommunicated.
Everyone except the molesters.

Hilliard, OH

#85 Feb 12, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone except the molesters.
Who number fewer than molesters in Protestant churches and public schools.
They'll all pay in the end.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#86 Feb 13, 2013
<quoted text>What part of "Canon Law" eludes you, little girl?
The part that actually means something. It seems that "Canon Law" only applies to who the old men say it applies too and certainly not to them.

But that's fine. We all know that Pope Cleavon knows the meaning of everything better than anyone.
Adif understanding

United States

#87 Feb 13, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The part that actually means something. It seems that "Canon Law" only applies to who the old men say it applies too and certainly not to them.
But that's fine. We all know that Pope Cleavon knows the meaning of everything better than anyone.
If he is a pope, he is infallible when it comes to cannon and scripture interpretation as far as the church is concerned. You giving him that label doesn't have the effect you think it has when you're crying about the things you are.

But by all means, argue from absurdity, it is sort of funny to watch.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#88 Feb 13, 2013
Adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>If he is a pope, he is infallible when it comes to cannon and scripture interpretation as far as the church is concerned. You giving him that label doesn't have the effect you think it has when you're crying about the things you are.
But by all means, argue from absurdity, it is sort of funny to watch.
That would be the point of the sarcasm, Costanza.
Adif understanding

United States

#89 Feb 13, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the point of the sarcasm, Costanza.
I don't see sarcasm in it though. Oh well, maybe you can explain it. Or maybe we could admit I don't care enough to be worried about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America needs Jesus Christ and the Word of God 7 min Reality Speaks 82
Bibibop 8 min Catman Dave 3
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 11 min Jeremiah Wright 5,796
Virus Alert 14 min Catman Dave 28
Bibi 15 min Inconvenient Truth 24
What ails the black family? Hard realities! 56 min BizzyBee 240
gop House Releases Hostage, Approves Funding Fo... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 24
North Korea 18 hr Duke has fleas 71
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]