Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
Just hope he's adequately screened for weapons.
Would you have said the same thing about Alec Baldwin if he had been invited to the Capitol when Henry Hyde was in Congress?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You were married while you were in college?
Every Catholic is a virgin at the time of their marriage...just ask Madonna or any Kennedy./sarc

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
While the devil turned yours down?
Somebody pee in your fair trade coffee today?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Every Catholic is a virgin at the time of their marriage...just ask Madonna or any Kennedy./sarc
I have a good friend who is a kindergarten teacher at a Catholic school in Indy. She lives with a guy but she's a virgin. I believe her!

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a good friend who is a kindergarten teacher at a Catholic school in Indy. She lives with a guy but she's a virgin. I believe her!
Is she hot?(Seeing that Bob's not here to say it...)

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>Is she hot?(Seeing that Bob's not here to say it...)
Nahhhhhh, not really. Nice gal but not a hottie. Sorry.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Every Catholic is a virgin at the time of their marriage...just ask Madonna or any Kennedy./sarc
You anti-Catholic bigot.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You anti-Catholic bigot.
Do you call blacks who use a certain word, racists?
BTW, Madonna and the Kennedys are about as "Catholic" as Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Do you call blacks who use a certain word, racists?
BTW, Madonna and the Kennedys are about as "Catholic" as Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.
Now you get to choose who is Catholic and who isn't? You seem to be usurping someone's authority.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you get to choose who is Catholic and who isn't? You seem to be usurping someone's authority.
Those who support abortion cannot be rightly referred to as Catholic.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>Those who support abortion cannot be rightly referred to as Catholic.
So sayeth Pope Douchebag I.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So sayeth Pope Douchebag I.
So sayeth the Church, moron.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>So sayeth the Church, moron.
When did they excommunicate all pro-choice Catholics?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they know who they are unless they've come out publicly?
BTW, anyone who has had an abortion, performed one or assisted in one is automatically excommunicated.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
George was just explaining to me the other day that hardly anyone ever gets excommunicated.

I did see that some guy who worked for a Catholic school got fired for supporting gay marriage on his website.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
George was just explaining to me the other day that hardly anyone ever gets excommunicated.
I did see that some guy who worked for a Catholic school got fired for supporting gay marriage on his website.
And I suppose you disagree with his termination, never mind that he signed a code of conduct every year and violated it.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Any Catholic who obstinately denies that abortion is always gravely immoral, commits the sin of heresy and incurs an automatic sentence of excommunication.

Canon Law and Church Teaching

Canon 1398:“A person who procures a completed abortion incurs a latae sententiae excommunication.”

Canon 751:“Heresy is the obstinate denial or obstinate doubt after the reception of baptism of some truth which is to be believed by divine and Catholic faith; apostasy is the total repudiation of the Christian faith; schism is the refusal of submission to the Supreme Pontiff or of communion with the members of the Church subject to him.”

Canon 1364 §1:“an apostate from the faith, a heretic, or a schismatic incurs a latae sententiae excommunication.”

The phrase “latae sententiae” means a judgment or sentence which is 'wide'(latae) or widely applied; it refers to a type of excommunication which is automatic. Such a sentence of excommunication is incurred “by the very commission of the offense,”(CCC 2272) and does not require the future particular judgment of a case by competent authority.

Apostasy, heresy, and schism are all offences which incur a sentence of excommunication automatically. Heresy is the obstinate denial of any truth of the Catholic faith, on a matter of faith or morals, which has been definitively taught by the Magisterium. The Magisterium has repeatedly and definitively taught that abortion is always gravely immoral.(CCC 2270 to 2275)
http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/articl...
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>How do they know who they are unless they've come out publicly?
BTW, anyone who has had an abortion, performed one or assisted in one is automatically excommunicated.
More than a few have come out publicly. Has the Church excommunicated the Kennedys or Joe Biden?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>And I suppose you disagree with his termination, never mind that he signed a code of conduct every year and violated it.
Not necessarily--so far as I can tell, it's a private religious institution.

My only hesitation would be if he was hired to do something exclusive of religion (he was listed as an administrator).

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
More than a few have come out publicly. Has the Church excommunicated the Kennedys or Joe Biden?
They've done it to themselves:

Any Catholic politician who casts a vote with the intention of legalizing abortion, or of protecting laws allowing abortion, or of widening access to abortion, commits a mortal sin.

When such a vote indicates that the Catholic politician believes that abortion is not always gravely immoral, such a politician incurs a sentence of automatic excommunication, under canons 751 and 1364, because of heresy.

When such a vote is intended to have the effect of making abortion legal, or more easily obtainable, or more widely available, such a politician incurs a sentence of automatic excommunication, under canon 1398, as someone who is attempting to provide substantial or essential means for women to obtain abortions. Catholic politicians who pass laws which legalize, protect, or widen access to abortion, are providing essential assistance to women who want to obtain abortions.

It is not sufficient for Catholic politicians to claim that they are “personally opposed” to abortion. If any Catholic politician favors legalized abortion, despite a claim of personal opposition, such a politician commits a mortal sin by promoting abortion and by voting in favor of abortion.

The same is true for any Catholic who casts any vote with the intention of legalizing abortion, or of protecting laws allowing abortion, or of widening access to abortion. Such a voter commits a mortal sin and incurs a sentence of automatic excommunication for two reasons. First, they are committing the sin of heresy by believing that abortion should be legal and available. Second, they are committing the grievous sin of providing women with substantial or essential assistance in obtaining abortions, by attempting to legalize or broaden access to abortion.
http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/articl...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 33 min d pantz 29,175
blaze aka daydream aka smiles aka Rachael Jarvis 5 hr foster 7
Judge rules that 18-year-old is competent to st... 7 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 7 hr Duke for Mayor 10
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 8 hr Neutral Party 2,901
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 8 hr Mother Goooz 11
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 8 hr Neutral Party 30
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 11 hr d pantz 85
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••