Inmates still haunt old jail, paranormal probers say | The Columbus Dispatch

Two investigators contend they have recorded voices of the dead "living" in the 1889 Licking County jail. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
icu

Sunbury, OH

#1 Feb 1, 2011
I love that building
Gadfly

Columbus, OH

#2 Feb 1, 2011
Bull.
Blank stare

United States

#3 Feb 1, 2011
Check their bags u know they have smoke!
Nerkite

Newark, OH

#4 Feb 1, 2011
No, Gadfly, I think icu really *does* love that building.
WWJD

Circleville, OH

#5 Feb 1, 2011
Bah, humbug!
Gadfly

Columbus, OH

#6 Feb 1, 2011
Nerkite wrote:
No, Gadfly, I think icu really *does* love that building.
LOL Good one!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Feb 1, 2011
Bull KaKa!!!! Just a self indulgent group feeding on each others fears and beliefs. Will never believe in the fact that the "dead" can or want to be here after they die.They never can produce any real evidence ,just speculation and personal interpretations of the data they produce....Just like Bigfoot,UFO's,LochNess's monster..........

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#8 Feb 1, 2011
Can you say"Urban Myths"...LOL!!!!!
glenx

Zanesville, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2011
The sounds they heard was Me ,I died under duress at this facility and was reincarnated as my beautiful self after I requested a new life .
If you don't believe me ,Thats normal ,but if you look under the stairwell on the third floor you will see my initials written in blood on the wall.
If you don't believe me, thats normal ,But it's as believable as these guys publicity stunt ,they must want to be on T.V.
GHOSTBUSTER

Newark, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2011
BOOOO!!!
GHOSTBUSTER

Newark, OH

#11 Feb 2, 2011
Glenx, your initials are there to, cool I thought mine were the only ones, sweet!
Twill

United States

#12 Feb 2, 2011
Instead of running your mouth about things that you absolutely know nothing about, why don't you go and investigate it yourself; or are you scared of what you might find?
tonysky

Cottage Grove, OR

#13 Feb 2, 2011
if you dont like this kind of stuff dont read it. we dont want your retarded comments here. go comment on some stupid site with other stupid people.
Stupid is as stupid does

Hilliard, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2011
I am generally entertained whenever I waste some time to watch Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters International, Paranormal State, etc., etc. on TV. But seriously, this stuff is really garbage. Given all of the "high tech" equipment, why is there no definitive evidence of claims of supernatural/paranormal goings-on. It's really no different than UFOs, bigfoot, and the Loch Ness monster. A lot of hear-say, legends, myths and the like. If you want to believe that you hear/see these EVPs and other "phenomena," then feel free.

To Twill: I'd be more than happy to accompany any of these investigators as an impartial observer.
jailbait

Mexicali, Mexico

#15 Feb 2, 2011
I ain't fraid of no ghosts! My ex though- she's rather scary ;-))
Nerkresident

Mount Ida, AR

#16 Feb 2, 2011
The building may or may not be haunted, but it still is a beautiful building, that has tons of History in Newark. I myself have been in the building and I find it spooky. Those who think this place held some hardcore criminals need to check thier facts better. Anyone who is a resident of the centeral Ohio area knows that Newark is not a big town, the crime rate is not nearly as bad as the bigger cities.
skid mark in my shorts

AOL

#17 Feb 2, 2011
Is exactly what I'd have if I saw or heard them.
Although if you think your spirit/soul goes to God/heaven, why could some lost souls still be earthbound?
Citizen

Lewis Center, OH

#18 Feb 2, 2011
All that this stuff brings to mind is what my Grandmother quoted me from the Bible. "The Dead Speaketh Not". Also, another verse which I can't quote is something to the effect that you should not try to contact "invoke" spirits as they are never good ones and can pretend to be the dead. Entertaining to read and watch but I'm with the better safe than sorry - leave it alone club.
Just one more

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 2, 2011
I can see the wheels of tourism turning. They say the old pen in Mansfield is haunted. Now we have one in Newark, within an easy drive. If we can find one more, we will have enough for a Central Ohio Haunted Prison Tour. Oh, the cash registers will be ringing...
The Cincy Kid

Hamilton, OH

#20 Feb 2, 2011
If they go back they might get slimed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The First Lady's secret diary may be viewed on... 1 hr Amy an and Mia 4
Who Do You Support 3 hr Leabrand 19
exclusive — ted cruz details ‘path to victory’ 3 hr Leabrand 6
Ikea plans to open Polaris store in 2017 3 hr t-boneSCRAMBLE 4
For all you beer lovers out there....... 4 hr t-boneSCRAMBLE 3
American Sniper - the superhero movie 5 thumbs up! 5 hr Real Tea Party 1
palin ‘seriously’ considering wh run: ‘i’m read... 6 hr Dave 44
homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" 8 hr Male 114
Rain Changes To Snow On Sunday 9 hr Andrew 26
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 10 hr Username 5,418