Is it legal to use a sump pump to water your grass?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 35 Comments Last updated Aug 30, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Waterworld

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Is it legal to water your grass from a drainage ditch that runs along your property line (no it doesn't run thru the yard)?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 28, 2013
 
Waterworld wrote:
Is it legal to water your grass from a drainage ditch that runs along your property line (no it doesn't run thru the yard)?
Call the city/county. It doesn't cost anything to ask.
Waterworld

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the city/county. It doesn't cost anything to ask.
I just did, thanks. Shame we have to pay to use city water while others use a sump pump & water from a drainage ditch to water their lawn for free.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Waterworld wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did, thanks. Shame we have to pay to use city water while others use a sump pump & water from a drainage ditch to water their lawn for free.
If I was closer to the creek, you can bet I'd do it LOL.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was closer to the creek, you can bet I'd do it LOL.
Install a cistern and catch and store all of the rainwater that's falling on impervious surfaces,(driveways,roofs).

woof
buzzbuzz

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Install a cistern and catch and store all of the rainwater that's falling on impervious surfaces,(driveways,roofs).
woof
And breed mosquitos in the process.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

buzzbuzz wrote:
<quoted text>
And breed mosquitos in the process.
I have a natural wetlands between my house and the creek. Its already mosquito hell around here.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 28, 2013
 
buzzbuzz wrote:
<quoted text>
And breed mosquitos in the process.
install an energy efficient aerator in the cistern, keep the contents moving, no problem.

woof
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Install a cistern and catch and store all of the rainwater that's falling on impervious surfaces,(driveways,roofs).
woof
Sure thing thar, Jed.
Why not rain dance?
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 28, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
install an energy efficient aerator in the cistern, keep the contents moving, no problem.
woof
Unless he/she is mowing the grass to the dirt, it shouldn't be that brown/burnt. We're not in a drought.
Nitwites

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Some people have no clue what this forum was posted about!
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nitwites wrote:
Some people have no clue what this forum was posted about!
Nitwites = priceless

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 29, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
install an energy efficient aerator in the cistern, keep the contents moving, no problem.
woof
Covering the cistern also helps
Nali

Marabella, Trinidad and Tobago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nalini Varma Persaud

Hello Everyone,
My name is Nalini Persaud and I am conducting a survey in order to complete the research portion of my dissertation for my masters at Birkbeck, University of London. Where I am currently pursuing a degree in International Marketing. I would need a total of 250 responses and would be extremely grateful if you guys and girls could do my survey.
The survey is fairly straight forward and requires little prior knowledge and should only take about 5-8 minutes to complete. If you have any questions regarding the research or the survey or if you have any feedback at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. All responses will be used for academic purposes only and will remain strictly confidential; and anonymous. To complete this survey please follow the link below.

https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/...
Nitwites

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Nitwites = priceless
Can you say your a nitwit? Your like George. lol

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Nitwites wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say your a nitwit? Your like George. lol
Hello, LIG.
Get lost again.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

Nitwites wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say your a nitwit? Your like George. lol
Yes. You're a nitwit.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Waterworld wrote:
Is it legal to water your grass from a drainage ditch that runs along your property line (no it doesn't run thru the yard)?
Who would complain ? Do you have an environmental terrorist for a Neighbor?
Walt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was closer to the creek, you can bet I'd do it LOL.
you're up a creek George! Your crippled wobbly ass can only see grass at the nursing home...
Walt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 29, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a natural wetlands between my house and the creek. Its already mosquito hell around here.
George you lying SOB!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 21 min Pops 29,149
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 49 min kip 2,696
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 50 min d pantz 83
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 1 hr Buckeye at Birth 8
Family Says Murder-Suicide Victim Was Trying To... 2 hr Prince Harming 2
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 2 hr Flacid Phallis 9
Are PEDOphiles Born That Way 3 hr sidekick 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••