God Bless the Dalai Lama

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Dec 8, 2013
Dharamsala (India)(AFP)- The Dalai Lama, who has twice since 2009 been denied a visa for South Africa, is not planning to attend his fellow Nobel laureate Nelson Mandela's funeral, his spokesman said Sunday.

"He has no plans to go," spokesman Tenzin Takhla told AFP in the northern Indian hilltop town of Dharamsala where the Tibetan spiritual leader is headquartered.

Takhla did not say why the Dalai Lama would not attend Mandela's national memorial service on Tuesday or the December 15 burial at his boyhood home of Qunu.

But the Dalai Lama was controversially denied a visa to South Africa in 2011 after being invited to give a lecture as part of celebrations for the 80th birthday of Mandela's fellow anti-apartheid campaigner Desmond Tutu.

It was the second time that Pretoria had denied the Dalai Lama entry after refusing him a visa in 2009.
http://news.yahoo.com/dalai-lama-not-attend-m...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#2 Dec 8, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
Dharamsala (India)(AFP)- The Dalai Lama, who has twice since 2009 been denied a visa for South Africa, is not planning to attend his fellow Nobel laureate Nelson Mandela's funeral, his spokesman said Sunday.
"He has no plans to go," spokesman Tenzin Takhla told AFP in the northern Indian hilltop town of Dharamsala where the Tibetan spiritual leader is headquartered.
Takhla did not say why the Dalai Lama would not attend Mandela's national memorial service on Tuesday or the December 15 burial at his boyhood home of Qunu.
But the Dalai Lama was controversially denied a visa to South Africa in 2011 after being invited to give a lecture as part of celebrations for the 80th birthday of Mandela's fellow anti-apartheid campaigner Desmond Tutu.
It was the second time that Pretoria had denied the Dalai Lama entry after refusing him a visa in 2009.
http://news.yahoo.com/dalai-lama-not-attend-m...
Yes. God Bless him.

New Delhi, India, 6 December 2013 – In a letter to the family of Nelson Mandela, His Holiness the Dalai Lama expressed his deep sadness on learning of the passing away of Nelson Mandela. His Holiness wrote:“In his death the world has lost a great leader, whose steadfast and unflinching determination played a key role in securing peace and reconciliation during South Africa’s transition from apartheid rule. Under his leadership South Africa was transformed through peaceful means, in the spirit of reconciliation.”

His Holiness said that he will personally miss a dear friend, who he had hoped to meet again and for whom he had great admiration and respect. In his letter, His Holiness continued,“He was a man of courage, principle and unquestionable integrity, a great human being, someone of whom we can truly say,“He lived a meaningful life.” I pray for him and offer my heartfelt condolences to you, the members of your family and the entire people of South Africa.”

Finally, His Holiness expressed that although Nelson Mandela had physically departed, his spirit will go on. He expressed that the best tribute we can pay to him is to do whatever we can to contribute to honoring the oneness of humanity and working for peace and reconciliation as he did.

http://www.dalailama.com/news/post/1049-his-h...

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Dec 8, 2013
Nothing says, "I care," like e-mail and a press release.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5 Dec 8, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
Nothing says, "I care," like e-mail and a press release.
...written by a staff writer.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#6 Dec 9, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
...written by a staff writer.
If only the Dalai Lama possessed the sincerity, grace, and intelligence displayed by you and Nate the world would be a better place.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#7 Dec 9, 2013
Buddhists have this fantastic ability to separate the spiritual from the physical. In doing so, the Dalai Lama can give him godspeed and still disagree with his political aspirations.
Unlike him, any criticism of the god Obama's political aspirations, dealings and motions is automatically, if the person is white, racism!
The reason for all the accusations of any criticism of their DC god's politics being construed as RACISM is not only keep the division of the races alive and well in the US but to further the chasm of racism to suit their political needs and aims.
Blacks will get, eventually, their own Liberia on the North American continent. I would it had been 100 years ago and whites would have had a 100 years of peace and prosperity.
the third world country of Detroit would be in their country, not attached to us like the leech they are now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 4,780
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 2 hr So What 325
chanukah hanukkah day 2 4 hr Free Pizza 4 U 5
Boko Haram kidnaps 172 MORE women and girls!!! 4 hr what_me_worry_ 2
Afghanistan's dirty little secret 4 hr what_me_worry_ 3
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 4 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 28
Another Epic Obama Accomplishment 4 hr They cannot kill ... 13
Public Flogging 7 hr Support 14
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 7 hr Dusty Rhodes 261
Columbus Dating