Joe Biden

Paul Ryan

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
notlocal

AOL

#1 Oct 12, 2012
So, Joe pretty much has blocked Obama fron going in 'aggressive' next Tuesday.

Laughing, 82 interruptions Joe.
Tim

Wellington, OH

#2 Oct 12, 2012
Angry Joe is not a guy who is your friend, he is the annoying neighbor that is always throwing their dog crap on your grass.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#3 Oct 12, 2012
I like Joe Biden, but he didn't do himself or Barry any favors last night.

I was talking about the debates with the office pinko today. I think they both said an equal amount of things I found distasteful.

I give Biden credit for calling Ryan out on sending troops to Libya and when he would and wouldn't send troops. People are tired of war. The whole "protect Israel" propaganda isn't going to work this time around.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#4 Oct 12, 2012
WHOA!

UPDATE: Lanny Davis: Ryan Hit Home Run in Debate Against Biden.

http://nalert.blogspot.com/2012/10/lanny-davi...
Tim

Wellington, OH

#5 Oct 12, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
I was talking about the debates with the office pinko today. I think they both said an equal amount of things I found distasteful.
I give Biden credit for calling Ryan out on sending troops to Libya and when he would and wouldn't send troops. People are tired of war. The whole "protect Israel" propaganda isn't going to work this time around.
Your hatred for Jews truly knows no bounds?
Have fun burning for being a Brotherhood tool, dhimmi
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#6 Oct 12, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hatred for Jews truly knows no bounds?
Have fun burning for being a Brotherhood tool, dhimmi
I don't like war. I especially don't like spending money on war. Let other people solve their own problems - and let them spend their own money doing it. It's none of our damn business.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 12, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
You have an office pinko?

And here I thought you were a one-man show.

Or are you confirming what many already believe--you are schizophrenic?
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#8 Oct 12, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an office pinko?
And here I thought you were a one-man show.
Or are you confirming what many already believe--you are schizophrenic?
Yes, I work for myself and I am a single employee. But I am in a building with a few other attorneys. It's called office-sharing, which is very common in the legal business.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10 Oct 12, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I work for myself and I am a single employee. But I am in a building with a few other attorneys. It's called office-sharing, which is very common in the legal business.
Oh.

I thought you worked in your garage.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: Virtual. It's the way to go. When I was on my own and in my previous job, all virtual. Damn good money, no overhead other than the electric bill and internet bill. Worked in my jammies some mornings (if no video Skyping).

Seriously. I don't understand the office overhead any longer. The days of boutique offices/associated overhead are gone in my world. I'd go back if I could. Waste? All for an "address?"

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#14 Oct 12, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint: Virtual. It's the way to go. When I was on my own and in my previous job, all virtual. Damn good money, no overhead other than the electric bill and internet bill. Worked in my jammies some mornings (if no video Skyping).
Seriously. I don't understand the office overhead any longer. The days of boutique offices/associated overhead are gone in my world. I'd go back if I could. Waste? All for an "address?"
If clients insist on face to face, here's a solution:
http://www.regus.com/

But Bob is right about attorneys sharing space. Mine does, in Dublin. He's no slouch either. I've been a client for 12 years.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 12, 2012
notice the censoring occurring?

posts 11 & 12 are missing.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#16 Oct 12, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you; but when you have clients that visit you on a regular basis, almost daily, then a professional office is necessary.

If you were hiring an Attorney, would you prefer one that turned the guest room in their house into an office, or the one with a professional office and a receptionist, file clerk, para legal, on staff?

office sharing; and sharing expenses of employees in my opinion is very smart; and compresses cost for all involved including clients. i applaud Bobby for being resourceful.

I have the virtual office at home; but also rent space from my largest client where 2 employees of mine work all the time. They streamline shipments; place orders; and follow up from place of order to product hitting the dock.

My client loves that his employees don't have to perform those functions; and the added value our company delivers keeps competitors knocking on the door; and not sitting across the desk of my client.

food for thought.

I am supposed to be on the road working with new and other clients; and spend 1 day a week at what we call the home office.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 12, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>If clients insist on face to face, here's a solution:
http://www.regus.com/
But Bob is right about attorneys sharing space. Mine does, in Dublin. He's no slouch either. I've been a client for 12 years.
It's no longer an issue for me. Since I've hitched on with the DoD, I can't do virtual. Little thing called security access issues.

I think my point was I don't think a brick and mortar address much matters any longer for a lot of folks. Not sure if I can claim that for attorneys, but since I work in the technical communications arena, my perspective may be skewed. If I wasn't working directly with the DoD, I could easily (and have in the past) get away without physical presence or bricks and mortar.(Seriously, there are joys found in waking up at 7:30, puting on a pot of coffee, brushing your teeth and combing your hair, and remaining in your pajamas to have a teleconference in your home office at 8:00 am lol... no rush hour, and there's Topix when you're waiting for that next phone call or Skype beep...)

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 12, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you; but when you have clients that visit you on a regular basis, almost daily, then a professional office is necessary.
If you were hiring an Attorney, would you prefer one that turned the guest room in their house into an office, or the one with a professional office and a receptionist, file clerk, para legal, on staff?
office sharing; and sharing expenses of employees in my opinion is very smart; and compresses cost for all involved including clients. i applaud Bobby for being resourceful.
I have the virtual office at home; but also rent space from my largest client where 2 employees of mine work all the time. They streamline shipments; place orders; and follow up from place of order to product hitting the dock.
My client loves that his employees don't have to perform those functions; and the added value our company delivers keeps competitors knocking on the door; and not sitting across the desk of my client.
food for thought.
I am supposed to be on the road working with new and other clients; and spend 1 day a week at what we call the home office.
Interesting thoughts.

My attorney? I have to laugh. She's like me. I hired her during my divorce and she's handled a mess out of that plus a few other issues. She and I often met at Panera, but I knew her because she (get this, outrageously ironic) was my instructor at Capital and we kept in touch over time. She worked part-time out of a shared office, part-time out of her house. This was 10 years ago. Found that I hired her ironic simply because 1) we have SAME birthdate and 2) I sat in her contracts-for-beginners class. She beat the sheet out of me in that class, tough class for me (I have no legal mind), but I respected the hell out of her.

That said, I think relationships matter much more than address or bricks and mortar.

In my world, service is the issue. I go to my customers/clients, or rather, I did as a consultant. I now work DoD, so therefore I go to THEM.

Maybe I am skewed. But I believe one of the biggest roads to success is providing service. So that is one reason in my world (tech comm), I use the ADVANTAGE of visiting/travelling, getting into THEIR world, understanding THEIR problems. My location should mean little to the buyer. That's how I view my attorney relationship.

Comments?

Cleavon Little

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#20 Oct 12, 2012
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no longer an issue for me. Since I've hitched on with the DoD, I can't do virtual. Little thing called security access issues.
I think my point was I don't think a brick and mortar address much matters any longer for a lot of folks. Not sure if I can claim that for attorneys, but since I work in the technical communications arena, my perspective may be skewed. If I wasn't working directly with the DoD, I could easily (and have in the past) get away without physical presence or bricks and mortar.(Seriously, there are joys found in waking up at 7:30, puting on a pot of coffee, brushing your teeth and combing your hair, and remaining in your pajamas to have a teleconference in your home office at 8:00 am lol... no rush hour, and there's Topix when you're waiting for that next phone call or Skype beep...)
Attorneys need the face to face. It's as much of an..."emotional" thing as it is business. My lawyer has a motto: "You're the voice of emotion, I'm the voice of reason, logic and law." He's always been right.
notlocal

AOL

#21 Oct 12, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like war. I especially don't like spending money on war. Let other people solve their own problems - and let them spend their own money doing it. It's none of our damn business.
War and the poor will always be among us. I don't like it either, but it's a fact.

The USS Cole was bombed 22 years ago today.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#22 Oct 12, 2012
All good points, but I'll give you a couple of others to chew on ...

I toyed with the idea of turning my family room into my home office, and still plan to. I sh^tcanned the idea of turning it into my only office for several reasons.

1. First, my two cohorts I pay rent to more than return the favor with referrals.

2. I've been with my two "partners" (so to speak) going on 8 years now and we have a good flow with each other, which is hard to find, especially among people as arrogant as attorneys.

3. My rent is cheap and for all anybody knows, I have a real staff in place.

4. It's good to have some place to get away to that is your designated place to "work".

5. I don't really want any clients coming to my house.
notlocal

AOL

#23 Oct 12, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Attorneys need the face to face. It's as much of an..."emotional" thing as it is business. My lawyer has a motto: "You're the voice of emotion, I'm the voice of reason, logic and law." He's always been right.
How the heck do you conduct a deposition without an office and conference room? And real estate closings?

Plus there is the face to face contact that most attorney's prefer (they read your body language), and most clients. And the privacy. You just feel more comfortable saying some things in you lawyer's office with the door closed.

Shared office space and a shared receptionist is smart.

LOL, Yeah my attorney has to rein me in from time to time. And he has always been right in the end. Quess that's why he has the license.

I deal with so many attorney's in my work and no problem, but when it comes to my personal stuff, I can get stubborn. And I use different attorneys for different things.
gone on the offensive

Rochester, MN

#24 Oct 12, 2012
Obama/ Biden/ Hillary = domestic terrorism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire Jeffrey Sessions: dis is aggiN whiteTrash 5 min Trump Rules USA 1
America Held Hostage Day 187 7 min Duke for Mayor 11
July 27 is Finally Here! 12 min Duke for Mayor 12
News Russian hospital stay harrowing for central Ohi... 1 hr Hot farts 5
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 1 hr Male 127
Face it. Republican politicians HATEcha. No hea... 2 hr Reality 54
News Ohio can seek Foxconn project without being tra... 2 hr Smarty Jones 5
Clintons linked to Russia $500,000 3 hr Reality 78
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 5 hr Reality 612
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) Tue Another CLGI Member 307

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages