Man who came late to party is killer,...

Man who came late to party is killer, jury says | The Columbus ...

There are 102 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 19, 2009, titled Man who came late to party is killer, jury says | The Columbus .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Robert J. Ruark, center, is found guilty of fatally shooting one man and wounding another one July 4, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

northside hudson hood

Defiance, OH

#37 Dec 20, 2009
Roberts Love wrote:
im good i dont care what anyone says about me i know who i am and what i am and i love robert with all my heart and robby loves me and no one will change that. keep hatin HATERS!
I dont know either of the parties personally, but why would you attack the mother of his children? Word on the street was Chad had agun and AAron had a gun to Robs little brothers head! Look up all parties involved records, and Robert is the only one iwthout a violent crime record! It haS BEEN SAID THAT bEKHON IS A NARK, with everything he has gotten away with I wouldnt doubt it. This is not about Robertts babies mom, this is about the injustice towards him! Someone protectecting his family on his moms property should not get 31 to life!
AuntieWisdom

Colorado Springs, CO

#38 Dec 21, 2009
harrysak wrote:
IS HE aMISH
Where is this Amish stuff coming from?
dumb ppl

Columbus, OH

#39 Dec 21, 2009
northside hudson hood wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know either of the parties personally, but why would you attack the mother of his children? Word on the street was Chad had agun and AAron had a gun to Robs little brothers head! Look up all parties involved records, and Robert is the only one iwthout a violent crime record! It haS BEEN SAID THAT bEKHON IS A NARK, with everything he has gotten away with I wouldnt doubt it. This is not about Robertts babies mom, this is about the injustice towards him! Someone protectecting his family on his moms property should not get 31 to life!
omg well where were all of you when he went to trial? to tell the police that might have helped him if more people would have told the real truth.. I do know that chad and aaron where both bad and did terrible things, and if you live by the sword you die by it huh? An yes robert has done things before like pulling guns on people thank god it jammed or he would have been there sooner? please be truthful, because i am from the hood and i know all the people involved and what really goes on. if everyone cared so much about robert then why didnt anyone tell him before this dont play with guns they kill and it's forever.. and as for sheri she is a hoe and she could not wait for robert to go to jail so she sleep with his friends and hell live with someone, like she said " it's been 2 yrs, i guess she put a time limit on their love huh ? Robert got a bad break and will appeal i am sure, but lets be serious if he gets out what will he have? FAMILY what a joke, guess he can be a thrid wheel or 4th or 5th.. people please get serious and tell the truth everyone involved in this were all into the wrong stuff and if you live by the streets you will die in them...
dumb ppl

Columbus, OH

#40 Dec 21, 2009
Roberts Love wrote:
right b**** i have friends and for 2 robby doesnt need to know that **** right now. im not goin to lie to him i will tell him but he doesnt need to know right now he will kill himself if he was to know right now.why u sweatin and where i get money. be a f***in woman and say who you are. i dont want u as a friend. i dont **** anyone and everyone dumba** you odnt know ****. u dont know s*** quite bein a p**** and man up and stupid b****. regardless im not fallin in love with no one and if i wanna do my thing then o well its been almost 2 years why are you sweatin me does that make your day sweatin my business. i love it. it makes my day people base their life around talkin about me and sweatin me. i love it. thanks you make my day! haha
well do your thing then girl, i mean your a woman right, then you wont mind if he knows the real truth. i really could careless about you but just thought it was time for people to know the truth about this skank, and how much she really love robert.. i am glad i made her day.. thats how dumb she is, what about you being free and your man behind bars, why didn't you just have told him NO. but you didnt you got caught up in the drama and now someone is dead and roberts is behind bars... think about that smart ass.. i will tell him maybe i will go visit him tomorrow and let him know, you did say tuesday's and saturday's right? he wont kill his self but can u live with the storm about to come? and you let this guy (jeff) beat you up in front of robert's daughter, bet he would like to know that too, your sad..
THAT BITCH U ENVY HOE

Chillicothe, OH

#41 Dec 21, 2009
Cherri lets be real quit playin yourself your not the baddest bich in the world... robbie deserves more not some fake ass bitch. Robbie does deserve to know how unfaithful you are your relationship now is based on a lie and you think by not telling him everythings going to be ok well its not. what happens when robbie gets out n u got kids wit someone else or are gonna keep goin to get abortions every time u get knocked up. haha better set up an appointment. you are something else being there physically and mentally are two different things you think because u buy phone cards or put money on his books that hes gonna forgive you. or using your daddys drug money to pay lawyers. i do how ever give you mad props for that. but it doesnt change wat you are a menace to society your no different than chad or aaron or any of their possee.. you dont deserve robbie your a joke.. do u ever sit and wonder if you couldve changed it.. i believe you coulve. at least told him not to do it instead you load up the guns and take him over there... you shdve been charged as an assecory u dont deserve the title as robbies love. by the way robbie aint gonna killhis self over you your not the only ones whos gonna be there. dont you realize no one caresabout you... all you are is robbies baby mom and you aint even that...wheres your kids??? daddy got them yet.. he raised his kids ha he still is footn the bill now hes gotta raise yours to so u can get fukd up on pills and skrew whoever.. you obviously put ur daddys bussiness out to everyone.. no its all over the internet so blame yourrself when he loses everything.. do you have any common sense.. i think ill personally make sure you get charged as an assecory.... bye whore....
***JENNIFE D.***
WTF

Columbus, OH

#42 Dec 21, 2009
Robby's mom is not a crackhead..... sounds to me like there is way more to the whole story..IMO everybody involved in the mess should have been hauled in, this is people's lives...Personally, I don't have any faith in Franklin County's court systems..Hope Robby can get another attorney for an appeal.
Friend

Columbus, OH

#43 Dec 21, 2009
I am so sorry that there are children that will now live a life without their father. If everyone loves Robby the way that you say please stop discussing things that should be dealt with in person. After all he and his family have been through these are the last things Im sure he wants to hear be it true or not. Life is very hard for everyone involved and I am truly sad for all of you. Stop fighting and bringing more sadness to an already very sad situation its christmas and these children have lost a daddy. I hope all involved keep fighting for the truth and deal with this in your own way. Just remember Robby and his feelings too!(he is most important)
dumb ppl

Columbus, OH

#44 Dec 21, 2009
THAT BITCH U ENVY HOE wrote:
Cherri lets be real quit playin yourself your not the baddest bich in the world... robbie deserves more not some fake ****. Robbie does deserve to know how unfaithful you are your relationship now is based on a lie and you think by not telling him everythings going to be ok well its not. what happens when robbie gets out n u got kids wit someone else or are gonna keep goin to get abortions every time u get knocked up. haha better set up an appointment. you are something else being there physically and mentally are two different things you think because u buy phone cards or put money on his books that hes gonna forgive you. or using your daddys drug money to pay lawyers. i do how ever give you mad props for that. but it doesnt change wat you are a menace to society your no different than chad or aaron or any of their possee.. you dont deserve robbie your a joke.. do u ever sit and wonder if you couldve changed it.. i believe you coulve. at least told him not to do it instead you load up the guns and take him over there... you shdve been charged as an assecory u dont deserve the title as robbies love. by the way robbie aint gonna killhis self over you your not the only ones whos gonna be there. dont you realize no one caresabout you... all you are is robbies baby mom and you aint even that...wheres your kids??? daddy got them yet.. he raised his kids ha he still is footn the bill now hes gotta raise yours to so u can get fukd up on pills and skrew whoever.. you obviously put ur daddys bussiness out to everyone.. no its all over the internet so blame yourrself when he loses everything.. do you have any common sense.. i think ill personally make sure you get charged as an assecory.... bye ****....
***JENNIFE D.***
Glad to see i am not alone in my views or opinions of sheri or the situation. Rob does have other people that love him too and hate seeing what this skank has done to him when he would have died for her or his kids. I personally think she should be charged to and some others that encouraged his behavior that night, rob really did protect his self but he would not of had to if sheri would not have taken him there or even screamed NO WAY ROBBIE, he would have listened to her, but she didnt did she she DROVE HIM THERE.. Sheri i hope you get all you deserve you have done so much dirt to people and hurt so many peoples lives. KARMA IS A BIT-H YOU BETTER GET READY IT'S A BUMPIE ROAD...
freedom

Columbus, OH

#45 Dec 21, 2009
First off to all these people taking stuff. Were is it any of your business what is going on in there relationship. There is no perfect relationship. To the person that is dumb ppl to me it sort of shounds like your are jelous of sheri. I think it is because you want Robby. You also sound confused because one minute you are defending Robby and then one minute your are talking stuff. Also with everything that man is going through right now. All your are thinking about is your self and how to hurt sheri. Nobody in this world no's how that man feels, not even is loved ones,because they still got there freedom. The relationship is between robby and sheri not anyone else. If you really cared and wanted to help robby you would stop the dumb sh** and do what ever it took if you liked it or not to help the man. Also sheri you no robby loves you so who cares what anyone else says. I will always be your friend. Just keep your head up you and robby,and never stop fighting for him. LOVE YOU GUYS. I will pray for him.
dumb ppl

Columbus, OH

#46 Dec 21, 2009
freedom wrote:
First off to all these people taking stuff. Were is it any of your business what is going on in there relationship. There is no perfect relationship. To the person that is dumb ppl to me it sort of shounds like your are jelous of sheri. I think it is because you want Robby. You also sound confused because one minute you are defending Robby and then one minute your are talking stuff. Also with everything that man is going through right now. All your are thinking about is your self and how to hurt sheri. Nobody in this world no's how that man feels, not even is loved ones,because they still got there freedom. The relationship is between robby and sheri not anyone else. If you really cared and wanted to help robby you would stop the dumb **** and do what ever it took if you liked it or not to help the man. Also sheri you no robby loves you so who cares what anyone else says. I will always be your friend. Just keep your head up you and robby,and never stop fighting for him. LOVE YOU GUYS. I will pray for him.
No i dont want him far from it, and i could never be jealous of sheri, she has nothing. I just feel that this shit has gone on long enough, and it seems to me i am not the only one. An i am far from being confused about robert, he did shot someone RIGHT so by society he should pay for his crimes. But there were alot of factors that were never brought to light. In fact there are people talking about his kids missing him, but is chads daughter not missing him too, but she will never get to see or hug or talk to her daddy again, so i am not confused just real about this shit it riped families and lives apart, no one is without blame in this matter. But sheri has done alot of nasty shit, and if you love and cared for her or rob you would encourage her to be honest with him. I am not the only one who knows all her business(ask her if she is pergnant again or if she was by Jeff) let's be real here people.
clark46fem

AOL

#47 Dec 21, 2009
I THINK YOU GIRLS NEED TO GET A LIFE BECAUSE FROM WHAT I SEE ON HER YOU DONT GOT A LIFE YOU ALL IN THIS GUYS AND HIS GIRLS LIFE ARE YOU JEALUOS BECAUSE HE ISNT WITH YOU I MEAN DANG WHAT DOES THERE RELATIONSHIP GOT TO DO WITH HIM GETTING 31 YEARS FOR NOT LET NO ONE HURT HIS MOM IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME YOU GIRLS DONT HAVE A LIFE OR YOU WISH YOU WAS IN THIS GIRLS SHOES BECAUSE YOU ARE JEALOUS THAT YOU ARE NOT HER
freedom

Columbus, OH

#48 Dec 21, 2009
dumb ppl wrote:
<quoted text>
No i dont want him far from it, and i could never be jealous of sheri, she has nothing. I just feel that this **** has gone on long enough, and it seems to me i am not the only one. An i am far from being confused about robert, he did shot someone RIGHT so by society he should pay for his crimes. But there were alot of factors that were never brought to light. In fact there are people talking about his kids missing him, but is chads daughter not missing him too, but she will never get to see or hug or talk to her daddy again, so i am not confused just real about this **** it riped families and lives apart, no one is without blame in this matter. But sheri has done alot of nasty ****, and if you love and cared for her or rob you would encourage her to be honest with him. I am not the only one who knows all her business(ask her if she is pergnant again or if she was by Jeff) let's be real here people.
I feel bad about all the kids in the situation. Who wouldn't. I also grew up with chad.I have known chad for 10 years and got memories with him, but that is also why I know how chad was. I have been friends with robby and sheri for 7years and robby was not a trouble maker like chad. On telling sheri to tell robby the truth. I think she should when the time is right. I also no she will, but right now robby can't handle no more stress. That man has so much on his shoulders right now, that I think it will honelsty cause him to have a nervouse break down. I honestly don't care about all her business that is her business. She also probley told you every thing because she thought you was her friend. Like I said we all made mistakes in our lifes. Nobody out here is perfect not even me and probley not you. What else I don't get is why everyone is blameing sheri for the shooting. Robby pulled the triger and sheri told him to stop he was drunke. I heard that from witness who was there that wasn't friends with either groop. When someone is drunk and puts there mind to something you can't stop them.
a old friend

Chillicothe, OH

#51 Dec 21, 2009
his true loves are his babies and everyone who knows him knows that its safe to say we his true friends will always know the truth and and will seek justice for him.and hope he can make it out safely in 31 years and will support him also. come on sherrie face it your loves only dick and you have no sympethies for the ones who lost there lifes. to say such things about being abe to see him thats not at all nice you are a selfish little bitch and carma is a bitch to who is the biggest bitch of all not you. two people lost ther lifes that night and all because of pure ignorence. my deepest sympethies to all the people who lost a freind, a father, and a love. an old fiend
AuntieWisdom

Colorado Springs, CO

#52 Dec 21, 2009
Good grief people. This is childish and ridiculous. ONE: What Sheri does is between her and Robbie, NO ONE ELSE-she ain't your baby mama, so it's none of your concern. TWO: ANYONE else telling Robbie anything that isn't their business is just trying to hurt Sheri, not help Robbie; he's already looking at a long time behind bars. Sheri is one of the only people who visits him, puts money on the books, etc. Doesn't matter what else she's doing-she's still being supportive of Robbie and that's what HE wants. THREE: If ANY of you knew Robbie, you'd know that it wouldn't have mattered WHO drove him over there; if someone wouldn't have driven him, he would have driven himself-Robbie was nothing if not determined. FOUR: Any of us that care for Robbie OR Chad, need to stop blaming other people. Robbie is responsible for his part in things, so was Chad, so is Aaron and Chris. Blaming Sheri isn't gonna bring Chad back, nor will it get Robbie out of jail any sooner. FIVE: While I do agree that Sheri's comments were a bit insensitive, everyone has been attacking her (in at least one case-literally, physically) since day one. She is young and has had her life changed forever the same as Robbie, Chad's family and everyone else involved. SIX: Of course it's sad that Chad left a child behind-all 5 children are going to grow up without a dad-Robbie's as well as Chad's. SEVEN: Do you really think Robbie went his whole life without ANYONE telling him guns were a bad thing to mess with? Seriously? Did you know Robbie? As I said, he is determined, a bit stubborn and ABOVE ALL, he's young. A lot of young people (especially ones who grow up in areas like that and with some of the stuff he dealt with) think they are untouchable. He's not the first young person to do something stupid-obviously. EIGHT: I can say with absolute certainty that Sheri was not, is not and never will be pregnant by anyone other than Robbie. NINE: If you care about Robbie so much, PAY A GOOD LAWYER TO HANDLE HIS APPEAL INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME TALKING TRASH TO SHERI ON A WEBSITE. That would be much more helpful to him AND his kids. TEN: Whoever you guys are, you don't know Robbie's ENTIRE family and not all of us are messed up. Look to yourself before you judge someone else.
Robbies moms best friend

Calabash, NC

#53 Dec 21, 2009
I can only shake my head at the comments coming out of some of you. His mom and family are seeing this. Can anyone say insensitive???
Robbie was protecting his family, no he wasn't perfect thats been established, but he has a deep love and commitment to his family.
Grow up and join reality now, the hood you refer to is Columbus Ohio. Get real.
My heart goes out to Robbies Mom, best friends always girl and keep the faith. His appeal will set him free.
Just saying

Columbus, OH

#54 Dec 21, 2009
Wow - I can't tell if this a comment board or the first issue of "Jerry Springer: The Magazine."

Y'all put the "fun" in "dysfunctional." I'd be laughing if there weren't kids involved.
Roberts Love

Columbus, OH

#55 Dec 21, 2009
i have nothin eles to say crystal, crystals sister and deletta all need to grow up. i will let robby know whats going(like he doesnt already know) but now is not the time. right he just got sentenced to 31 to life. grow up.
Dee

Columbus, OH

#56 Dec 21, 2009
Look I was just informed my name was mentioned in these comments. well 1st keep my name out of you mouth. I dont even care what you do or who you do!!sherry. An I could careless who you let know anything from what i have read on here you need to be worried about you and your problems.. An I am not asking you I am telling you leave me out of this High school bull crap..
WhySoHeartless

Coshocton, OH

#57 Dec 21, 2009
When I read these posts, I feel like I am in a high school class. GROW UP!!!!!
Roberts Love

Columbus, OH

#58 Dec 21, 2009
ok and ill a woman and apologize if you havent been talkin shit. someone told me you was. im sorry im just sayin i dont need this shit right now exspecially after finding out robby got 31 to life. thats is my love regardless what people have to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
illegals rape 14 year old girl at Rockville High 1 hr allRapistsR illegal 35
jonjedi 3 hr jonjedi 38
On the Lighter Side...... 3 hr jonjedi 3
And the Reason Trump Fired Preet is...... 3 hr jonjedi 3
Obama Tapping Melanie Trump, Terrible New Low! 3 hr jonjedi 7
Donald Trump didn't win because he's Donald Trump 3 hr jonjedi 488
Sneaky, Diversion Statements from Trump 3 hr jonjedi 3
Breaking news....... 4 hr jonjedi 80
Donald Trump Administration 4 hr jonjedi 677
Odds of Trump's impeachment 4 hr jonjedi 305

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages