Man who came late to party is killer, jury says | The Columbus ...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Robert J. Ruark, center, is found guilty of fatally shooting one man and wounding another one July 4, 2008.
Comments
1 - 20 of 102 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Big Hank

United States

#2 Dec 19, 2009
Nope - just stupid and drunk.
my peeps

United States

#3 Dec 19, 2009
the whole story sounds sketchy.....
AJG

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 19, 2009
Look at the title of this article. What is this, a murder mystery from murder she wrote.
Bodacious Babe

Lewis Center, OH

#5 Dec 19, 2009
Christopher Cicero is the lawyer that alledgedly "worshipped" Judge
O'Neal in all of that kinky sex stuff. If the right judge were presiding over the trial, his client would've been acquitted. Different instructions would've been to the jury.
Ben Potts

United States

#7 Dec 19, 2009
Mr Chris Cicero, is a loving and caring person if you know him. His law practice is of the highest and I regret that uncalled comment by Babe. To know Chris is to love Chris and his ways.
clark46fem

AOL

#8 Dec 19, 2009
I dont think know one should get that many years for someone who is trying to make sure his family is safe what if it was you and someone was trying to hurt your mom what would you do let them kill her or hurt her hell NO YOU WOULDNT YOU WOULD DO THE SAME THING THIS YOUNG MAN DID SAVE HIS MOM FROM GETTING HURT OR KILLED
jjarrett01

Columbus, OH

#9 Dec 19, 2009
WOW seriously racer93 you have to be kidding me. 31 years is LIFE and worse than the electric chair, and if ya checked up Ohio doesnt use the electric chair DUH!!! If the man was properly defended right maybe than everyone else would understand what happened. If someone steps on your property with an attempt to harm you and your family, what would you do to protect them? Hopefully you would!!
Haha chad

Marysville, OH

#10 Dec 19, 2009
Chad wolford deserved to die! If Robert hadn't killed him, chad wouldve shot his house up or something of that nature. Chad was doing he invasions at gun point. I know because he tried to rob me. Took three shots at me even. It was a great day when I heard that he had been killed.
Sandy P

AOL

#11 Dec 19, 2009
Sad, Sad, Sad world when you have to use a gun.....That was someone's Child and Brother and Father...
Mike

Hamilton, OH

#12 Dec 19, 2009
Bet he had a CCP...

That pesky gun at the scene again...
Bodacious Babe

Lewis Center, OH

#14 Dec 20, 2009
Ben Potts wrote:
Mr Chris Cicero, is a loving and caring person if you know him. His law practice is of the highest and I regret that uncalled comment by Babe. To know Chris is to love Chris and his ways.
I think that Judge O'Neal just might agree with that.
Bodacious Babe

Lewis Center, OH

#15 Dec 20, 2009
Haha chad wrote:
Chad wolford deserved to die! If Robert hadn't killed him, chad wouldve shot his house up or something of that nature. Chad was doing he invasions at gun point. I know because he tried to rob me. Took three shots at me even. It was a great day when I heard that he had been killed.
Your post was rated "mean" by one person. I would agree with that if it were referring to Chad Wolford, but you & I know it isn't. He broke into the home of a friend of mine and was met by the owners of the home. Thank God his gun jammed or else he'd be dead now. If Wolford didn't go looking for trouble, he wouldn't have found it. But the streets are a whole lot safer with him dead. It's a damn shame that someone is going to jail for dispensing justice.
freedom

Columbus, OH

#17 Dec 20, 2009
The paper said chad was shot at gun point. Aaron said Robert was on his porch shooting. Well what I get from the article is it sounds like Chad had to be walking up to Robert with the gun he had. I believe if someone is coming at you with a gun. Expecialy toward your house and if you have family there. You should be able to defend who you love and suppose to protect. Also the guy starr was shot and they say Robert wasn't the shooter. Well so who is being punished for shooting star? I also wonder if it was one of his own friends.
lil b

Fort White, FL

#22 Dec 20, 2009
damn this is all F***** up that man was protectin his family an got 31 ta life, this is too stupid, for real for real all tha people that got shot that night deserved it robbie was doing tha neighberhood a favor.
an old friend

Chillicothe, OH

#23 Dec 20, 2009
sometimes things dont always go the way they should we all know who the ignorient ones in the situation are that know there shit and have done there investigating knew what to say to get the jury's fullest sympethy. robbie would have never pulled the trigger if someone would not have threatend his life and the lives of his family with deadlyt force. two people lost there lifes because of the ignorence of others. the justice system has been coruptted with money and drugs which causes people to lose there way to wonder away from the truth. how can any one say that this was not a self-defense case. it is what it is. But only upon the law requirements of ohio. ain't that a joke. He did not know that he had killed anyone he just thought he had shot them in the leg. all he knew was that his mom had to live there with his sister and brother. and enough was enough they would have killed him and gotten away with it. to them he was nothing when to the ones that he loves and loves him he was everything. the kindest hearted father that only wanted his kids. was and is done so wrong by th one who is supposed to be a woman and enough to save his life. god knows the truth but what good is that doing any of us now except to eat at our souls and to make whores relize the dont know what they got till its gone.
an old friend

Chillicothe, OH

#24 Dec 20, 2009
lil b, no one was there to tell the jury that in his defense
AuntieWisdom

Colorado Springs, CO

#26 Dec 20, 2009
Even someone reading this article with no personal knowledge of the case can see it was a screw-job. Not only was/is Robbie a family man who loves his kids above all else, but he was doing what the constitution gives EVERY American the right to do: Protect life and limb of family. The article says both that Wolford was shot at close range...and that Robbie shot him from the porch? Which is it? If both are true, then as someone already said, Chad had to have been coming after Robbie. This article, as well as previous dispatch articles on this case, are very obviously skewed against Robbie.(look them up) Really? He was able to shoot 3 drug dealers in a row without anyone else doing anything? C'mon, people. Get real. As for the judge's comment about this not being Dodge City...the body count being too high...wanting the violence to stop for Robbie?! WTF?! 1: Columbus is worse than old Dodge City; they had a semblance of law and justice-Columbus doesn't. 2: One dead drug dealer is too high a body count? 3: They have to stop Robbie's violence? Cuz he's done this before? NO HE HAS NOT, yet Wolford was about to go on trial for having done it at least twice already. I will never say anyone deserves to die. Both Robbie and Chad's kids are now going without their fathers, but the justice system should protect people like Robbie and his family from people like Chad Wolford; not the other way around. The article also doesn't mention the witness intimidation that was done against Robbie's children's MOTHER; including ramming her car and shooting at her. It also doesn't mention the bullet holes in Robbie's mom's house or tree...guess he did that himself, right? Give me a break. Everyone who loves Robbie will fight for the truth to come out and he will eventually be home with his kids.
dumb ppl

Reynoldsburg, OH

#32 Dec 20, 2009
Roberts Love wrote:
no doesnt make me mad it just shows how much od a p**** you are haha
OH okay but cant say anything i have said is a lie can you? see i do know you.. are you the one who got the kids taken? god i could catch you in lies all day proably why you didn't help robert in court, his lawyer was right, your dumb. so are you still living off your dad selling his drugs, because you dont have a job, how do you pay the bills or make it lol. just accept it he would have been better off with you out of his life, but he loves you why? know one knows but he is not dumb and he knows your a who-e how could he not.. dont you ever tell him about JEFF? sheri you have done alot of shit to people and i guess it's karma to bad it happened to the wrong person. you should get some balls and tell him the truth not like he is going to hurt but he never did that either but you lied on him and said he did... so i would hate to be you what a mess you have created for yourself and your kids, oh if you dont work or sell drugs how can you afford 250 dollars worth of clothes for you baby? as everyone can tell no one likes sheri she makes no friends she fu-ks them all over even her man...
Roberts Love

Columbus, OH

#33 Dec 20, 2009
im good i dont care what anyone says about me i know who i am and what i am and i love robert with all my heart and robby loves me and no one will change that. keep hatin HATERS!
dumb ppl

Reynoldsburg, OH

#34 Dec 20, 2009
Roberts Love wrote:
im good i dont care what anyone says about me i know who i am and what i am and i love robert with all my heart and robby loves me and no one will change that. keep hatin HATERS!
told you no one is hating on you just reveiling the true fake and liar you are.. well i have wasted enough time with this skank.. i hope robert appeals and at least gets a lesser sentence, will the fake messed up people in his FAMILY he may never get out.. robert i hope that you get to tell the truth and maybe this time everybody will tell the truth????? good luck my dude ... disappear fake ass bitc.. still cant denie the truth i have stated on here notice that.. please tell robert that she is cheating on him and has been ask jeff or k.k., hope his family is reading this and let's him know the truth about her..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 9 min Esther Smith Kimpton 2,287
Where are all the original legacy posters? 15 min Duke for Mayor 103
welfare nation 17 min Duke for Mayor 9
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 34 min d pantz 263
RIP Joan Rivers 38 min BizzyBee 16
Obama visits his "birth" state. 44 min d pantz 1
We can't afford a war in Syria 50 min d pantz 1
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000