|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Hamilton makes it exciting to listen on the radio!!!
Other announcers just don't cut it.
BTW....had dinner with Giambi ...sat next to him......fund raiser
Common ground?
The Reds also have a pretty good broadcast team. Not a big baseball fan, but Marty Brennemann and his son (Fox not Reds) are excellent broadcasters.

Always liked Tom Hamilton as well. I think he used to be the voice of the Columbus Clippers when he was starting out.

Buuut ... if you look at the ratings baseball gets, does anybody really care anymore?

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You like sewing, canasta and cooking. You don't know shit about sports you stupid woman.
Lmao
Peabrain

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Reds also have a pretty good broadcast team. Not a big baseball fan, but Marty Brennemann and his son (Fox not Reds) are excellent broadcasters.
Always liked Tom Hamilton as well. I think he used to be the voice of the Columbus Clippers when he was starting out.
Buuut ... if you look at the ratings baseball gets, does anybody really care anymore?
That's interesting. He sure can belt it out!
There was a time when I knew the names of all the players and some stats, but not anymore.
I have so much paraphernalia from Indians I can't tell you. Still love the game though.
I also think that they have out priced themselves with season ticket holders. same with football....gouging
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I also think that they have out priced themselves with season ticket holders. same with football....gouging
True. I only go to one Ohio State game every year - I figure I'm getting gouged, but at least it's going to a good cause. I'm too cheap and obstinate to put it in the pockets of your former Jewish team owner (Lerner).

I'm thinking of dropping cable for the same reason.$5 or $6 of your bill go to Fox Sports and ESPN, and I don't like putting money in the pockets of billionaires because it gets funnelled back to the teams.

The fact that we build them free stadiums is also obscene. I know I was for buying the arena here and giving a sweetheart deal to the Blue Jackets, but that's only because everybody else does it. If nobody else gave sweetheart deals, I would tell them to stick it.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I only go to one Ohio State game every year - I figure I'm getting gouged, but at least it's going to a good cause. I'm too cheap and obstinate to put it in the pockets of your former Jewish team owner (Lerner).
I'm thinking of dropping cable for the same reason.$5 or $6 of your bill go to Fox Sports and ESPN, and I don't like putting money in the pockets of billionaires because it gets funnelled back to the teams.
The fact that we build them free stadiums is also obscene. I know I was for buying the arena here and giving a sweetheart deal to the Blue Jackets, but that's only because everybody else does it. If nobody else gave sweetheart deals, I would tell them to stick it.
I'm ready to drop cable also. Netflix for 8.00 month is a deal.....they are a season behind but that's the price you pay...
I frankly don't know how a family of four comes to the stadium and constantly eats and drinks...got to cost close to two hundred...food and drink is outrageous. People have their priorities I guess.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ready to drop cable also. Netflix for 8.00 month is a deal.....they are a season behind but that's the price you pay...
I frankly don't know how a family of four comes to the stadium and constantly eats and drinks...got to cost close to two hundred...food and drink is outrageous. People have their priorities I guess.
My late grandfather came to America in 1939 to live with an uncle in Cincinnati to work in one of his bars.(The way we ethnic guys do things, he lived in his uncle's attic for 10 years until he could save money to buy his own place.) The long and short of it was that while he lived in Cincy, he became a huge Reds fan and he used to take us to ballgames once or twice a year.(Not a huge baseball fan, but more Indians if I had to choose.)

Riverfront used to have the "Top 6" tickets that were like $3 and where all the rowdy people used to sit. Those were the most fun seats in the house.

If taxpayers have to pay for stadiums, they should be able to walk into the place for a few bucks and get to enjoy the facility just like you can walk into a movie. But that's not the way things work. The middle class spins its wheels to subsidize billionaires as well as gutter scum.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
My late grandfather came to America in 1939 to live with an uncle in Cincinnati to work in one of his bars.(The way we ethnic guys do things, he lived in his uncle's attic for 10 years until he could save money to buy his own place.) The long and short of it was that while he lived in Cincy, he became a huge Reds fan and he used to take us to ballgames once or twice a year.(Not a huge baseball fan, but more Indians if I had to choose.)
Riverfront used to have the "Top 6" tickets that were like $3 and where all the rowdy people used to sit. Those were the most fun seats in the house.
If taxpayers have to pay for stadiums, they should be able to walk into the place for a few bucks and get to enjoy the facility just like you can walk into a movie. But that's not the way things work. The middle class spins its wheels to subsidize billionaires as well as gutter scum.
That's a great memory.
Back then, family was the most important life line. Everyone helped everyone. My grandparents came from Italy at the turn of the century,1900's. I remember listening to the ball games on the radio, and how exciting it was when they scored. It was the greatest pastime of the era. I can always find my uncles in the living room glued to the radio, hooting and hollering. Lol......them were the days!!!! Every Sunday all the relatives would visit,eat, and drink wine. My grandfather played the accordion, and my uncle played the harmonica.to entertain us. My aunt still has them........Memories!!!!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

G O O O O O O
T R I B E !!!

Whooooohoooo,

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

YES!!!!
Wild card playoff .WED!
Wooooohooooo

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Soooooo excited! Gooooo Tribe!!!
This brings back memories.......

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Two days off....... the Indians have lost their momentum

Bleahl. But as they say, it's not over til the fat lady sings......

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

The fat lady sang.......
=~{

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info