<quoted text>
Then why bother, Reader..., really?
Why bother with what?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#42 Apr 23, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Internal corporate safety departments and management with professionals, audits and training prevent 10,000% more incidents than OSHA or any other government agency.
Prevention is up to private industry...investigation is the purview of the government.
Industrial accident deaths have been falling for at least 20 years. A bigger incentive for increasing safety than government inspections (which even if violations are found, the penalties are relatively small) is the civil litigation industry.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#43 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know that the company claimed, in a report to officials prior to this event, that there plant presented no danger greater than the possibility of escaping ammonia gas.
One supposes that prior to building schools and residences next door (or vice versa), most sane communities paying attention would have in place some kind of zoning regulations, just to reduce the likelihood of a school and a generation of children potentially being wiped away.
One might also suppose that a place storing large quantities of stuff that might become combustible when doused with water would have something on file with the local fire authorities. Just so their efforts don't make things worse, dontcha know.
But, go on back to the soaps. We'll have somebody call you when all the facts are in--if we're all still around.
Just when I think you cannot get more inane...They were volunteer firefighters. LG even asked me how the Mayor could be an MD and a Medical Director of the Nursing Home. When my almost 11 yo makes more sense, something wrong with you.
Oh, regarding my soap, 1/2 hour of decompression after taking care of people, not a horrid "addiction". At least I don't look like I eat bon bons as I indulge in fictitious televsion, I love the real housewives too.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother with what?
With your empty reference to reducing abortions.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#45 Apr 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
With your empty reference to reducing abortions.
In fact, the rate has been declining, and for quite some time.

Don't expect conditions to get better if it were once again outlawed, however.

People like Mr. Gosnell once thrived in the unregulated world of illegal abortion. Women died or suffered complications with life-long implications.

Location hidden

#46 Apr 23, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Just when I think you cannot get more inane...They were volunteer firefighters. LG even asked me how the Mayor could be an MD and a Medical Director of the Nursing Home. When my almost 11 yo makes more sense, something wrong with you.
Oh, regarding my soap, 1/2 hour of decompression after taking care of people, not a horrid "addiction". At least I don't look like I eat bon bons as I indulge in fictitious televsion, I love the real housewives too.
Honey, I know RS is up on Lake Erie, but did you have a long lunch with SOMEONE today? You aren't making any sense.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Planet Earth

#47 Apr 23, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Had an adult woman not died at his hands, it is likely we never would have heard of Kermit Gosnell.
Actually even THAT didn't prompt an investigation. It was an inadvertent discovery during a pill-mill investigation.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-01-20/news/27...

Location hidden

#48 Apr 23, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, the rate has been declining, and for quite some time.
Don't expect conditions to get better if it were once again outlawed, however.
People like Mr. Gosnell once thrived in the unregulated world of illegal abortion. Women died or suffered complications with life-long implications.
No, they didn't.
That is a proven myth [i.e., lie].
I've noticed you're very much into promoting myths, and denying truths.

Abortions increased significantly -- by ~850,000/year -- during the decade after legalization via Roe v. Wade. No sane person would claim that there were 850,000 illegal abortions every year in the U.S. prior to Roe.

In fact, prior to Roe, the pro-aborts claimed that thousands of women were dying every year from back alley abortions, so abortion must be made legal.

The fact is, there were NOT thousands of deaths prior to Roe v. Wade -- it was a LIE. We now know the Roe decision, and all the subsequent suffering and deaths resulting from it, were built on a LIE.

Dr. Bernard Nathanson, who was one of the original leaders of the American pro-abortion movement and co-founder of NARAL, and who has since become pro-life, admits that he and others in the abortion rights movement intentionally fabricated the number of women who allegedly died as result of illegal abortions.

Regarding the claim by the pro-aborts, that there were 5,000 to 10,000 deaths per year from botched abortions prior to Roe v. Wade, Dr. Nathanson said, "I confess they were totally false, but in the 'morality' of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics. The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason which had to be done was permissible."

The truth is, that in 1972 -- the very year before Roe v. Wade -- only 39 abortion-related deaths were reported, by ERs and morgues, to the CDC.

Psalm 139:13-14

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my motherís womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
jeff

Searcy, AR

#49 Apr 23, 2013
Martil Law is Awsome!
jeff

Searcy, AR

#50 Apr 23, 2013
Martial Law

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Columbus, OH

#51 Apr 24, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I know RS is up on Lake Erie, but did you have a long lunch with SOMEONE today? You aren't making any sense.
Not your honey, dearie. And to answer your question, nope.

Location hidden

#52 Apr 24, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't.
That is a proven myth [i.e., lie].
I've noticed you're very much into promoting myths, and denying truths.
Abortions increased significantly -- by ~850,000/year -- during the decade after legalization via Roe v. Wade. No sane person would claim that there were 850,000 illegal abortions every year in the U.S. prior to Roe.
In fact, prior to Roe, the pro-aborts claimed that thousands of women were dying every year from back alley abortions, so abortion must be made legal.
The fact is, there were NOT thousands of deaths prior to Roe v. Wade -- it was a LIE. We now know the Roe decision, and all the subsequent suffering and deaths resulting from it, were built on a LIE.
Dr. Bernard Nathanson, who was one of the original leaders of the American pro-abortion movement and co-founder of NARAL, and who has since become pro-life, admits that he and others in the abortion rights movement intentionally fabricated the number of women who allegedly died as result of illegal abortions.
Regarding the claim by the pro-aborts, that there were 5,000 to 10,000 deaths per year from botched abortions prior to Roe v. Wade, Dr. Nathanson said, "I confess they were totally false, but in the 'morality' of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics. The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason which had to be done was permissible."
The truth is, that in 1972 -- the very year before Roe v. Wade -- only 39 abortion-related deaths were reported, by ERs and morgues, to the CDC.
Psalm 139:13-14
"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my motherís womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."
Who was tracking the data on illegal abortions, or deaths and other health implications prior to Roe? What was the method of data collection?

We do know that the number of abortions has been in steady decline in recent years, after an initial period of increase following Roe v Wade. We also know that abstinence-only sex education has been associated with greater, rather than lesser rates of things like teen pregnancy, abortion and so forth when compared to comprehensive sex education that includes things like contraception information.

The anti-sex right, however has fought these things with a vengence--including their own truth-altering campaigns suggesting that third graders are being given condoms and lessons on how to use them, the lie-that-won't-die about "fisting kits," and on and on.

I don't think you can claim the high road on this one--in either intent (if you actually support such things as responsible sexual behavior that does not lead to pregnancy, abortion or even your basic rutting like rabbits), in outcomes or in basic truth-telling.

Location hidden

#53 Apr 24, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was tracking the data on illegal abortions, or deaths and other health implications prior to Roe? What was the method of data collection?
We do know that the number of abortions has been in steady decline in recent years, after an initial period of increase following Roe v Wade. We also know that abstinence-only sex education has been associated with greater, rather than lesser rates of things like teen pregnancy, abortion and so forth when compared to comprehensive sex education that includes things like contraception information.
The anti-sex right, however has fought these things with a vengence--including their own truth-altering campaigns suggesting that third graders are being given condoms and lessons on how to use them, the lie-that-won't-die about "fisting kits," and on and on.
I don't think you can claim the high road on this one--in either intent (if you actually support such things as responsible sexual behavior that does not lead to pregnancy, abortion or even your basic rutting like rabbits), in outcomes or in basic truth-telling.
Those figures came from the CDC.
But, it wouldn't matter if your Goddess Sophia herself told you.

As a "Christian," you remain thoroughly committed to abortion on demand and, further, do not believe that human beings have the ability to control their own behaviors.

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time attending church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans are Fun 27 min free pIzza 4 U 173
Bill Cosby (Democrat) Guilty 44 min They cannot kill ... 6
News Four accused of trafficking slave labor at egg ... 50 min They cannot kill ... 18
White House Republican hopefuls want curbs on ... 1 hr Big Johnson 6
For Cat Lovers Only! 1 hr They cannot kill ... 25
Flying Spaghetti Monster Headin to Little Rock ... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Poll Who Do You Support For President 6 hr d pantz 149
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages