Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

... 14 people died in West, Texas, a number more were injured and a big part of a small town was destroyed.

I don't think that there is any conspiracy that this event was eclipsed by larger events, but here we are now.

Apparently the fertilizer plant that blew was storing something 130-140 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that it took to blow up the Murrow building. I haven't heard any (concrete) allegations of intent behind this explosion--but it does appear as though a number of systems failed, or were willfully gotten around.

Apparently there is some history with this kind of thing in Texas, but there are also federal agencies who had roles to play. Didn't help that the company submitted paperwork claiming no dangers on site.

Just thinking about some of the kinds of things that happen when we shrink government--in its regulatory role--down.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
... 14 people died in West, Texas, a number more were injured and a big part of a small town was destroyed.
I don't think that there is any conspiracy that this event was eclipsed by larger events, but here we are now.
Apparently the fertilizer plant that blew was storing something 130-140 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that it took to blow up the Murrow building. I haven't heard any (concrete) allegations of intent behind this explosion--but it does appear as though a number of systems failed, or were willfully gotten around.
Apparently there is some history with this kind of thing in Texas, but there are also federal agencies who had roles to play. Didn't help that the company submitted paperwork claiming no dangers on site.
Just thinking about some of the kinds of things that happen when we shrink government--in its regulatory role--down.
20,742 Islamic terror attacks since 9/11/01.

Worse things happen when we ignore the threat of Islam.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
14 dead and Reader cries not for them but about fewer government employees...
BTW, OKC's federal building was the MURRAH building, not "Murrow."
Good night and good luck, indeed.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
20,742 Islamic terror attacks since 9/11/01.
Worse things happen when we ignore the threat of Islam.
In American from 2000 through 2010 we experienced:

3,033 deaths from terroist attacks;
60,394 workplace deaths; and
335,609 firearms deaths.

Interesting what perspective does for ya' isn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>14 dead and Reader cries not for them but about fewer government employees...
BTW, OKC's federal building was the MURRAH building, not "Murrow."
Good night and good luck, indeed.
Those 14 deaths (not to mention the other injuries and damages) look like they were preventable.

Some of see regulation of such risks as a very legitimate role for government.

Apparently you do not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Some of US see regulation . . .

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Those 14 deaths (not to mention the other injuries and damages) look like they were preventable.
Apparently you do not.
Internal corporate safety departments and management with professionals, audits and training prevent 10,000% more incidents than OSHA or any other government agency.
Prevention is up to private industry...investigation is the purview of the government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do not.
Government fails daily to enforce existing regulations.
The majority of Americans admit our government is incompetent.
Did you think you were breaking new ground...or just deflecting from the latest Islamic terror attack on U.S. soil ?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Internal corporate safety departments and management with professionals, audits and training prevent 10,000% more incidents than OSHA or any other government agency.
Prevention is up to private industry...investigation is the purview of the government.
Because, of course, private industry would never choose to sacrifice a few meaningless lives here and there to save a couple bucks.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, of course, private industry would never choose to sacrifice a few meaningless lives here and there to save a couple bucks.
You mean like local governments do all the time with fire and police cuts?
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:

And Dr. Gosnell killed 7 babies born (by "snipping their spinal cord) as late as 7 months along - and one woman patient. While the authorities looked the other way so as not to upset the pro-abortion fans like Reader.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
And Dr. Gosnell killed 7 babies born (by "snipping their spinal cord) as late as 7 months along - and one woman patient. While the authorities looked the other way so as not to upset the pro-abortion fans like Reader.
That's a pretty hefty charge, there, fella--about the authorities.

You got anything to back it up?

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pretty hefty charge, there, fella--about the authorities.
You got anything to back it up?
Uh, yeah...

Kermit Gosnell Abortion Clinic Was Not Inspected For 17 Years

According to the grand jury report [2][PDF] released this week by Philadelphia prosecutors, Pennsylvania health officials deliberately chose not to enforce laws to ensure that abortion clinics provide the same level of care as other medical service providers.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/23/kerm...

You leftists are VILE.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

You can read all about it in todays USA today or any number of articles in the WSJ over the last week. You sure have a great ability to plead ignorance when it suits you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
You can read all about it in todays USA today or any number of articles in the WSJ over the last week. You sure have a great ability to plead ignorance when it suits you.
I don't know a single pro-choice individual who does not want abortion to be SAFE, LEGAL and RARE.

To blatently state that inspections were cut out to please some pro-choice preference is an ugly misrepresentation.

I do not know how it is that conditions in the State of Pennsylvania reached what they were. It is certainly true that there are those in the anti-abortion crowd currently manipulating regulation and inspection for an end run around a woman's right to choose--doing such things as arbitrarily increasing square footage requirements, requiring doctors to read scripted and medically untrue warnings (abortions lead to breast cancer, for example), requiring invasive and medically un-necessary procedures prior to abortion, waiting times and the like. Maybe there was a point in time, 19 years ago or so, when inspections were being used as a means of harassment and an over-reaction brought us here.

But, in the wake of last week's events, it is becoming very tiresome to see so many simple minds willing to make light of death and dying with their little side-lines dances claiming that their side are the only ones who REALLY care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a single pro-choice individual who does not want abortion to be SAFE, LEGAL and RARE.
To blatently state that inspections were cut out to please some pro-choice preference is an ugly misrepresentation.
I do not know how it is that conditions in the State of Pennsylvania reached what they were. It is certainly true that there are those in the anti-abortion crowd currently manipulating regulation and inspection for an end run around a woman's right to choose--doing such things as arbitrarily increasing square footage requirements, requiring doctors to read scripted and medically untrue warnings (abortions lead to breast cancer, for example), requiring invasive and medically un-necessary procedures prior to abortion, waiting times and the like. Maybe there was a point in time, 19 years ago or so, when inspections were being used as a means of harassment and an over-reaction brought us here.
But, in the wake of last week's events, it is becoming very tiresome to see so many simple minds willing to make light of death and dying with their little side-lines dances claiming that their side are the only ones who REALLY care.
1+ MILLION abortions per year =/= RARE

Nevermind the fact that the figures does not include stats from California, Delaware, Maryland, and New Hampshire.

http://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abor...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
...it is becoming very tiresome to see so many simple minds willing to make light of death and dying with their little side-lines dances claiming that their side are the only ones who REALLY care.
...said the rabid, "Christian," pro-abort.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>

VILE LIAR.

According to the grand jury report [2][PDF] released this week by Philadelphia prosecutors, Pennsylvania health officials deliberately chose not to enforce laws to ensure that abortion clinics provide the same level of care as other medical service providers.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/23/kerm ...

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh my, now Reader is starting a thread on this story.
Her concern about tragic events, sans anything to do with Trayvon, are only commented on when it suits her beliefs. If her concern was well founded, this thread would have been started last week.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
Oh my, now Reader is starting a thread on this story.
Her concern about tragic events, sans anything to do with Trayvon, are only commented on when it suits her beliefs. If her concern was well founded, this thread would have been started last week.
Great point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hey sidelick 2 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr They cannot kill a Spook 29,010
Ann Coulter: "White Guilt Has Produced Mistake ... (Sep '12) 2 hr They cannot kill a Spook 37
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 2 hr They cannot kill a Spook 2
Columbus Police Hunting For Suspects Following ... 3 hr They cannot kill a Spook 4
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 3 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 35
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 3 hr They cannot kill a Spook 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••