First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#62 May 17, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have some fairly concrete principles about what I expect from people, to try and keep discourse as fair as possible in an environment where not everyone may have the access to or ability to process further education.
As a general rule I expect someone wishing to engage with a topic to have the same rough level of subject knowledge and fluency level with the medium of exchange as someone with half a high school education. This is only, of course, if you're talking to other adults who are native speakers of the language used and not suffering from conditions that limit their ability.
For example, if someone wanted to talk about art in English, at a party. Assuming no handicaps, I would expect them to have the same level of knowledge about art and a command of the English language that a 10th grader would be required to demonstrate to move into the next level of their studies.
Do you recognize the term, "insufferable bore"?

Since: Dec 13

Akron, OH

#63 May 18, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have some fairly concrete principles about what I expect from people, to try and keep discourse as fair as possible in an environment where not everyone may have the access to or ability to process further education.
As a general rule I expect someone wishing to engage with a topic to have the same rough level of subject knowledge and fluency level with the medium of exchange as someone with half a high school education. This is only, of course, if you're talking to other adults who are native speakers of the language used and not suffering from conditions that limit their ability.
For example, if someone wanted to talk about art in English, at a party. Assuming no handicaps, I would expect them to have the same level of knowledge about art and a command of the English language that a 10th grader would be required to demonstrate to move into the next level of their studies.
It was real hard on you being a fat, ugly girl in high school huh.

Don't you think it's time to grow up and get over it?

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#64 May 19, 2014
I see the MENSA convention is back in town.

Carry on, mental giants.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#65 May 19, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
Carry on, mental giants.
I saw a circus train the other day I should have posted it that day so you could catch it
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#66 May 22, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
Carry on, mental giants.
And only you and one other pathetic tooli know vame here for it....
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#67 May 22, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not astounded at general stupidity, I don't think.
Just the rather stubborn and repeated stupidity of individuals with the resources to address their failings.
I suppose I'll never really understand the drive to bury your head in the sand and yell inanities ever louder, when fact checking and having an informed, adult conversation would take less time and energy. It's not so much that you're stupid, but that you pour so much time and energy into it when fixing it is so much easier.
you're not free of human error... but thanks for all the "help"... I know now that science terms dont necessarily have a literal meaning. Just like litigation. Wow.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#68 May 22, 2014
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
Carry on, mental giants.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_y...

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#69 May 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> you're not free of human error... but thanks for all the "help"... I know now that science terms dont necessarily have a literal meaning. Just like litigation. Wow.
And you know to check and see that you know what you're talking about before calling everyone else stupid and morons, I hope.

The reason you're seeing so much push back on being so spectacularly wrong isn't just that you're missing information people would expect to see from an educated adult, it's also that you're hostile and dismissive of those with a better grasp of the material.

If you want people to be nicer to you when you make a mistake, try being less snippy at smarter people. Or everyone.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#70 May 23, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know to check and see that you know what you're talking about before calling everyone else stupid and morons, I hope.
The reason you're seeing so much push back on being so spectacularly wrong isn't just that you're missing information people would expect to see from an educated adult, it's also that you're hostile and dismissive of those with a better grasp of the material.
If you want people to be nicer to you when you make a mistake, try being less snippy at smarter people. Or everyone.
you are a hoot......you think you are so smart..........what is funny is how easy it is to run circles around you.

you are not smarter.....you only think you are.

someday when you grow up you may increase your intelligence with experience.....for now you are wind with a stench.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#71 May 23, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a hoot......you think you are so smart..........what is funny is how easy it is to run circles around you.
you are not smarter.....you only think you are.
someday when you grow up you may increase your intelligence with experience.....for now you are wind with a stench.
If her hygiene is as bad around her other orifices are as bad as her oral hygiene stench is not a strong enough descriptor.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#72 May 23, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
If her hygiene is as bad around her other orifices are as bad as her oral hygiene stench is not a strong enough descriptor.
Best
Sentence
Ever.
egghead

Hilliard, OH

#73 May 23, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Best
Sentence
Ever.
Are you a shut in? Need home care?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 33 min Vic 231
The Roosevelts: An Intimate History 37 min They cannot kill ... 17
Pet and animal reports 1 hr They cannot kill ... 14
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 1 hr starlite473 935
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Canton 31,055
Study to give details of economic impact of ref... 2 hr Columbus Becoming... 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 3,334
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 11 hr Sue 2,434
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info