But...science said so.....

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#1 May 14, 2014
measles and mumps we're supposed to be completely eliminated the year 2000 according to doctors and scientists. Oops, there's an epidemic and they say that children that were vaccinated are still in danger. Man, science sure changes it's story a lot...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 May 14, 2014
d pantz wrote:
measles and mumps we're supposed to be completely eliminated the year 2000 according to doctors and scientists. Oops, there's an epidemic and they say that children that were vaccinated are still in danger. Man, science sure changes it's story a lot...
You cry more than -tip-.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#3 May 14, 2014
Quick! Somebody make up a bs dataset that links polar vortex to viruses...
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#4 May 14, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You cry more than -tip-.
By pointing out facts? Guilty as charged there, BJ...
yeah baby yeah

Columbus, OH

#5 May 14, 2014
But measels and mumps are down in the third world sh^tholes where these parasites came from...
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#6 May 14, 2014
so the so-called educated people the scientists to the doctors should know that and not made such an asinine statement. And sick kids do tend to make me upset, science is a real a******.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#7 May 14, 2014
About as valid as the global warming crap we are told about. Now to make you really take notice they call it climate change when really it is the liberal agenda.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#8 May 14, 2014
Why the left is quick hold science as gospel regarding global warming yet they can't answer the question why when by all scientific accounts a fetus is a living being and allow that baby to be killed while in the womb.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#9 May 14, 2014
Ahhh science. Its only useful until those pesky facts prove a little something called human error...aka "reality"..
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#10 May 14, 2014
Neutral Party wrote:
Why the left is quick hold science as gospel regarding global warming yet they can't answer the question why when by all scientific accounts a fetus is a living being and allow that baby to be killed while in the womb.
Because our science is based more on doctrine than facts. Stop calling us "liberals", we aren't worthy of that title...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#11 May 14, 2014
Folks, there's no homo gene. None. Nada.
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#12 May 14, 2014
d pantz wrote:
You really should read a bit.

http://www.cdc.gov/mumps/outbreaks.html

woof
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#13 May 15, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should read a bit.
http://www.cdc.gov/mumps/outbreaks.html
woof
Yes douchy. Thats exaxtly what Im talking about. Don't you know what "eradicated" means?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#14 May 15, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Yes douchy. Thats exaxtly what Im talking about. Don't you know what "eradicated" means?
Just because you think something, or think you remember something, doesn't make it true. What are you relying on for your typically off target statements about this?

By the way, the return of outbreaks of these diseases is being rather consistently blamed on anti-vaccination people. You know, the ones who mock science.
George

Hilliard, OH

#15 May 15, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you think something, or think you remember something, doesn't make it true. What are you relying on for your typically off target statements about this?
By the way, the return of outbreaks of these diseases is being rather consistently blamed on anti-vaccination people. You know, the ones who mock science.
With the exception of groups like the Amish, anti-vaccine morons are almost always leftists. Do you think Jenny McCarthy and Alicia Silverstone are Tea Party voters?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16 May 15, 2014
d pantz wrote:
You've confused elimination with eradication.

The first the scientific term used to indicate the removal of a pathogen from a set area, population or group which can lead to eradication or can be rolled back when and if a pathogen reenters that population.

The second is the scientific term used to indicate the wholesale removal of a pathogen as a potential cause for disease.

As always, happy to help.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#17 May 15, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>With the exception of groups like the Amish, anti-vaccine morons are almost always leftists. Do you think Jenny McCarthy and Alicia Silverstone are Tea Party voters?
I don't know how they vote nor is it in anyway germane to this discussion.
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#18 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Agsin i know this. In the year 2000 the medical community stated measles and mumps had been eradicated. You know thats supposed to mean, don't you?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#19 May 15, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Agsin i know this. In the year 2000 the medical community stated measles and mumps had been eradicated. You know thats supposed to mean, don't you?
This might surprise you, but "Some dude on the internet who calls himself d pantz said so" isn't the most reliable of sources.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#20 May 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Again i know this. In the year 2000 the medical community stated measles and mumps had been eradicated. You know thats supposed to mean, don't you? It means they stopped it at the root... think of it like a weed. You can chop away at the top of it and it will come back but if you uproot it...... IT'S GONE!
Blame whatever you want they were still wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans are Fun 18 min Pope Che Reagan C... 68
FIND LINDA and PAMMY! 1 hr Doc 6
A Tennessee store put up a "no gays allowed" si... 2 hr d pantz 62
Dance Club 3 hr Pam 24
drugs in my apartments 3 hr Pam 57
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 3 hr Pam 94
Be Free 5 hr Sofa-King Free 3
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE