Two die in Rt. 33 crash near Nelsonville

Two die in Rt. 33 crash near Nelsonville

There are 78 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 26, 2008, titled Two die in Rt. 33 crash near Nelsonville. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Two people were killed this afternoon in a two-vehicle crash on Rt. 33 just north of Nelsonville in Athens County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

t1t2t3

Mount Dora, FL

#21 Oct 16, 2008
it'
it's Oct.16 and no one has written anything in 6 days. This was such a tragedy for all who is concerned. They say time will heal the pain, but it will not go away. Shock still dealing with the fact that 2 people died and 3 people injured and so many unanswered quetions, hopefully soon we will find out what really happened that day. Angel,I miss you so much and so does the rest of the family, the twins 13th bd is coming up and how much you loved them and the last conversation you had with them was about what you were gonna get them. Never dreamed in a million years that you wouldn't be here. I know your at peace and no more dealing with the troubles, and heartaches that is on this earth, but you were a family oriented person and you would do anything to protect us or help us out. I wish you were here so I could say I love you so much and Mom, Dad, and the twins and the boys could say that too. We love you Angel and we miss you. I know if you could you would say I love ya'll, be happy and keep on keeping on, laugh and don't worry I'm with God. One day we will see you again in heaven and that gives us peace.

Since: Oct 08

athens

#22 Oct 16, 2008
i live of from 33 there is at least one wreck a week in the intersection where johnson rd meets 33 they really need to do something with this highway deepest sympathy to you all may god be with you at such a tragic time in you life
chelsea

Athens, OH

#23 Oct 17, 2008
hi i heard about all the boy in school but i dont know them though i just want to say ill tell my church to pray for them because them boys and the girl shouldnt of went out this way they all had a long life a head of them im really sorry about your family and love ones.i would like to hear how the boy is doing so if you could plz e-mail me at [email protected] m plz let me know.

Sutton Twp, Ohio

#24 Oct 18, 2008
dlunsford42 wrote:
I was one of the first on the scene,.
Hi Lunsford,
You are not listed on the accident report. Did you take facts from the news story and then decide to embellish them for some sick reason? Why did you write this comment?

Sutton Twp, Ohio

#25 Oct 18, 2008
dlunsford42 wrote:
...Car number two had 4 occupants, all young male around 19. Driver was alive for several minutes until EMT arrived, I lifted his head as he gasped his last breath,...
One more thing, did you ever stop to think that moving him may have killed him? If he was breathing and not bleeding profusely (he only had scratches on him) then there was no reason for him to be moved by anyone other than a medical professional.

If you were actually there, how would respond to this?

Did you also move the woman driver?

Sutton Twp, Ohio

#26 Oct 18, 2008
One more note... the police report also states that both drivers were wearing seat belts.

I'm not sure about Angela's family but for me it caused a lot of little extra grief, ie, being angry at my son. My son always wore it. He didn't do it just for me. There are many times that I was out doing work on the farm and he'd drive by, not knowing that I could see him, and he would have that seat belt on. He even wore it when he was driving on the farm.

Anyway, the seatbelt issue was a sore spot. I just wish the news media could get their facts straight.

You know, even if the accdient could not have been prevented, it does bring a little peace to the family if you know that all safty precautions were used (seatbelts, airbags).
t1t2t3

Mount Dora, FL

#27 Oct 18, 2008
This will be the first and the last thing I say on this blog, this is to Dlundsford42 and Kymberlyn please do not bring the woman my daughter her name was Angel up in your comments anymore I'm the Dad, and your really taking this too far.
t1t2t3

Mount Dora, FL

#28 Oct 18, 2008
This is the mother of Angel, I choose not to say anything really bad and do you know how hard it is to do that? I have read these blogs and kept up with them my other daughter wrote on this blog about her sister who died in an accident that could of been prevented at least in my heart I know she tried to avoid it but to no avail, do you really want to know the pain and anguish we have been going through? I am sure you do cause you lost your son Jacob and your feeling the same emptiness and shock that we are feeling but there is more anguish and heartache on us becaue it wasn't Angel's fault. Also the other occupants, I feel so badly for them and their families cause for one those boys are gonnna have to live with that for the rest of their lives, I hope they all heal and I pray for them that God will work into their lives and give them the strength to get through it. As for Kymberlyn I hope God gives you a healing heart and the strength to get through this too. No lashing out cause it is useless, what's done is done and it isn't gonna bring back Angel, Jacob, and the other occupants physcial and mental health back. Only God will heal the brokenhearted, So I give it all to him for I know he cares for me. Take Care and God Bless all the familes and those all that are involved.
betteh

AOL

#29 Oct 20, 2008
Dear Chelsea, The family of Rod Hynd appreciate all of the prayers that are being sent. Rod was transfered to an extended care center in Chardon, Oh. The treatment in Columbus was top notch. He is with us today for the dedication of those people at Grant Memorial. We are deeply indebted to them. Rod is improving everyday. He is saying words, even with the trake in. He is alert and moving around. The swelling is still going down but he is returning to us slowly. He loves playing with his Dad's blackberry. He is such a game player, it's exciting to watch him look and get his picture up. They say his recovery will take up to 2-5 years, because of his injury. But your prayers and others are seeing him throug. Praise the Lord!! The other 2 boys are home recovering. They come to see Rod often. We truly appreciate your writing. I'll keep everyone interested updated on his condition when things happen. Thank you all!
chelsea wrote:
hi i heard about all the boy in school but i dont know them though i just want to say ill tell my church to pray for them because them boys and the girl shouldnt of went out this way they all had a long life a head of them im really sorry about your family and love ones.i would like to hear how the boy is doing so if you could plz e-mail me at [email protected] m plz let me know.
brandy

AOL

#30 Oct 21, 2008
dlunsford42 wrote:
I was one of the first on the scene, The woman driver of car one age late 30 early 40 was dead on impact. She was traveling toward Nelsonville Car number two had 4 occupants, all young male around 19. Driver was alive for several minutes until EMT arrived, I lifted his head as he gasped his last breath, He was twisted and contourqed like the metal car around him. Pasenger in front of car #2 seemed ok. but passenger in back on passenger side was very bad off. EMT felt he would not make it for med flight to arrive. I helped pull him from the wreckage, he was convulsing and bleeding from every oraface. Was very hard to watch, felt helpless. If anyone knows names or what hospital the boy went to please let me know.
the girl from florida her name was angel she was 23 im a good friend of hers.
betteh

AOL

#31 Oct 24, 2008
Dear Beth, Thank you for your prayers. Rodney has improved greatly. He is now responsive, following simple commands, doing some talking, is in physical therapy daily. He mouthed to me 'I love you too' over the weekend. We are so blessed for the all of this. He was talking to Shawn on the phone and receiving visitors daily. It's still a long way to come back. Can't use his left side yet, but that will come. They have had him up standing, throwing beanbags and such. Next will be for a speech therapist to do their thing. Everyday seems to bring little steps. His trake is out. I'll try & see how I can get Kyms note on here. Again, thanks for all the prayers. They are truly felt by everyone.

Bette
Beth wrote:
Betteh, how is Rodney doing? Wanted to let you all know that I am still praying for all of you. You say he is unresponsive. Maybe that is for the best now to let the brain heal. I will keep praying for you all. I would be interested in reading Kymberlyn's article if you can print it here. You all take care.

Sutton Twp, Ohio

#32 Oct 24, 2008
To Angel's parents,

I apologize if my note to dlundsford upset you. I waited so long to find out what happened and until I learned that, all I could picture was that mans description of my son in the car. It tore me to pieces to find out that he wasn't even there and his graphic details of my son was a fabrication.

Hurting you was the furthest thing that I wanted to do. Every day I remember that this nightmare began with my son and that car. I would never intentionally bring you more grief. I am sorry that it turned out that way.

You won't see me here again. My family has caused enough harm. Feel free to continue reading these blogs daily. I hope it brings you peace. I wish you well.
Beth

Dublin, OH

#33 Nov 1, 2008
Betteh, that is great! I am thrilled that Rodney is doing so well. Praise to our God and Father! I was talking to my son Steven and he said one of the other boys that was in the car will be back next quarter. I am grateful for that. Please keep me posted, Betteh, about how Rod is doing with his therapies. I think that Rod is a great Testament to the Love of Christ to hear how He is healing your grandson daily, momently. To see him mouth "I love you too" must have been so wonderful! Thank you for sharing that with me. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to stay in touch.
betteh

AOL

#34 Nov 6, 2008
Beth, Thank you for your very kind words. Rodney is facing another set back, which drs. told us would happen. He's getting an infection from that part of his skull placed in his abdomem. So far, don't know what treatment will be given him. Haven't seen him in 3 weeks. In Georgia, daughter had open heart surgery & not doing well at all. Rod's daddy came down to see her with her other brothers before surgery. She was mad that he left his son to be with her. We've become a very closer family in a very short time. We do Praise our Lord. The kids haven't been belivers for years, but I think their minds are getting changed, even our son-in-law. Your prayers are also asked for Sherry. My husband & I feel very confident all will be well with both children. We feel peace and the presence of Jesus. Thank you so very much for all your concern and your very kinds words. Maybe when we get back to Ohio, we'll be able to meet. Love, Bette
Beth wrote:
Betteh, that is great! I am thrilled that Rodney is doing so well. Praise to our God and Father! I was talking to my son Steven and he said one of the other boys that was in the car will be back next quarter. I am grateful for that. Please keep me posted, Betteh, about how Rod is doing with his therapies. I think that Rod is a great Testament to the Love of Christ to hear how He is healing your grandson daily, momently. To see him mouth "I love you too" must have been so wonderful! Thank you for sharing that with me. Please email me at [email protected] if you would like to stay in touch.
Beth

Dublin, OH

#35 Nov 9, 2008
Bette, absolutely, I would love to meet you all! I cannot imagine how you can possibly withstand any more grief. Now your daughter is ill? God be with you all. There is a Reason for all of this, we can be sure, but many times that is little consolation. I certainly pray that Rod's infection is brief and that he gains strength to fight this infection. I will definitely pray specifically for that. You can be sure Christ is calling every one of your kids to Himself and that He is receiving them unto Himself, even as we speak. I love to hear of individuals coming to Christ, for the first time or once again. We all have been there. Steve and I are praying for his Dad's return to Himself. He left his family almost 4 years ago and estranged himself from Steve and Stephanie (my daughter). Please add him to your prayers. Thanks. In the meantime, know Rod and all of your family are in our daily prayers. You take care. Email when you can.
betteh

AOL

#36 Nov 10, 2008
Dear Beth,

Parise God, Beth. Everything is going well with our daughter. Still in the hospital as of 11/10. Had surgery last monday, should have been home on Fri, but had complications. Doing extreamly wonderful today. God is blessing us all. Our boys are each praying for each other, texting them with their encouragements, and love. Maybe this is just what they needed to see the power of Jesus actually working in their lives. All have been brought up with the church from kids, but like plenty of kids, see no need for church, religion or God. We've keep talking to them, because adult children have their own concepts. This just might be for them to come back. Thank you for your prayers. I'll let you know when we'll be back in Ohio. e-mail address [email protected] Rodney is still improving each day. Grandpa called his on his dad's phone and he answered, "hello, papa". He saw his picture on the phone. What a thrill Papa had. I'll be in touch.
As ever, Betteh
Beth wrote:
Bette, absolutely, I would love to meet you all! I cannot imagine how you can possibly withstand any more grief. Now your daughter is ill? God be with you all. There is a Reason for all of this, we can be sure, but many times that is little consolation. I certainly pray that Rod's infection is brief and that he gains strength to fight this infection. I will definitely pray specifically for that. You can be sure Christ is calling every one of your kids to Himself and that He is receiving them unto Himself, even as we speak. I love to hear of individuals coming to Christ, for the first time or once again. We all have been there. Steve and I are praying for his Dad's return to Himself. He left his family almost 4 years ago and estranged himself from Steve and Stephanie (my daughter). Please add him to your prayers. Thanks. In the meantime, know Rod and all of your family are in our daily prayers. You take care. Email when you can.
brandy

AOL

#37 Nov 12, 2008
how am i able to find out what really happen during this
betteh

AOL

#38 Nov 15, 2008
Brandy, I'm sure that the Nelsonville Police have a report on file. Don't know for sure, but it seems to me that it should be public.
brandy wrote:
how am i able to find out what really happen during this
tGbtg42

Mount Dora, FL

#39 Nov 18, 2008
Brandy,
If you have an e-mail address post it and I will get in touch with you. I would like to speak to you. Thanks.
Beth

Dublin, OH

#40 Nov 22, 2008
Bette, I wanted to see how your daughter is doing as well as Rodney. I pray that the holidays are bright for you and yours and that the Lord continues to Bless you all individually. Again, my email is [email protected] so please let me know how all are doing. For all the families and friends that lost loved ones, our prayers go out to each one of you. May you all find Peace. God Bless you all.
Beth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 22 min d pants 122
Number 121 - A Thanksgiving Day Drive-by 23 min They cannot kill ... 2
Worst Looters are REPUBLICANS running our Gover... 29 min d pants 66
When Will Men Come Forward? 1 hr Escondido 20
A message to Wesley Goodman.... 1 hr Karma 1
A Liberal Thanksgiving 1 hr Escondido 14
Malia Obama Draped All Over British Aristocrat ... 1 hr Greedy Lying Repu... 36

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance