Two die in Rt. 33 crash near Nelsonville

Sep 26, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Two people were killed this afternoon in a two-vehicle crash on Rt. 33 just north of Nelsonville in Athens County.

Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
dlunsford42

Mount Vernon, OH

#1 Sep 26, 2008
I was one of the first on the scene, The woman driver of car one age late 30 early 40 was dead on impact. She was traveling toward Nelsonville Car number two had 4 occupants, all young male around 19. Driver was alive for several minutes until EMT arrived, I lifted his head as he gasped his last breath, He was twisted and contourqed like the metal car around him. Pasenger in front of car #2 seemed ok. but passenger in back on passenger side was very bad off. EMT felt he would not make it for med flight to arrive. I helped pull him from the wreckage, he was convulsing and bleeding from every oraface. Was very hard to watch, felt helpless. If anyone knows names or what hospital the boy went to please let me know.
betteh

AOL

#2 Sep 27, 2008
One of the young men is our grandson, just started Hocking College last week. Last I heard, he's in critical condition with sever head injuries, brain bleed. thank you for being there for all.
scaliss05

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 27, 2008
ya that was my cousin my cousin 19 yrs old
dlunsford42 wrote:
I was one of the first on the scene, The woman driver of car one age late 30 early 40 was dead on impact. She was traveling toward Nelsonville Car number two had 4 occupants, all young male around 19. Driver was alive for several minutes until EMT arrived, I lifted his head as he gasped his last breath, He was twisted and contourqed like the metal car around him. Pasenger in front of car #2 seemed ok. but passenger in back on passenger side was very bad off. EMT felt he would not make it for med flight to arrive. I helped pull him from the wreckage, he was convulsing and bleeding from every oraface. Was very hard to watch, felt helpless. If anyone knows names or what hospital the boy went to please let me know.
scaliss05

Cleveland, OH

#4 Sep 27, 2008
my cousin was the boy who passed away his name was jacob
mars21c

Esperance, NY

#5 Sep 27, 2008
The woman in car one was an emplyee of my son. She was 23 years old. Her family lives in Florida
Amber

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Sep 27, 2008
Jake was my cousin too. I feel so deal with this type of heart ache. They're all so young, just starting their lives.. I thank the person for being there at the first response. Would like to know more about Jake the driver, if he said anything... If he seem coheirent, if he was in any pain.. Thank you...
Amber
if u can help me e-mail me... navy_shortie@yahoo.com
scaliss05 wrote:
my cousin was the boy who passed away his name was jacob
scaliss05

Cleveland, OH

#7 Sep 27, 2008
i agree i would like to know more if possible...this is killing me
Kayla

Chardon, OH

#8 Sep 27, 2008
Amber wrote:
Jake was my cousin too. I feel so deal with this type of heart ache. They're all so young, just starting their lives.. I thank the person for being there at the first response. Would like to know more about Jake the driver, if he said anything... If he seem coheirent, if he was in any pain.. Thank you...
Amber
if u can help me e-mail me... navy_shortie@yahoo.com
<quoted text>
Hi my name is Kayla Webb, Jacob was my cousin too. I miss him so much i wish we could get him back!!
t1t2t3

Kissimmee, FL

#9 Sep 28, 2008
just wanted to say that was my sister her name was angela d. kelton and she was 23 years old. it hurts to say that someone my family loves dearly is gone. she was going home to virginia. she was very sweet, charming and outgoing. she had a smile that was so beautiful that it could make anyone feel more happy. i loved her and soo did my family. R.I.P. ANGEL YOU WILL BE MISSED if any one has any imformation please feel free to write soo.
betteh

AOL

#10 Sep 29, 2008
The three other boys, including my grandson, Rod, is getting along. We've got out prayer people out there praying constaintly for each and everyone. There's prayers from Florida, Virginia, Las Vegas, Colorado Springs, Georgia and the families on Ohio. We're heading back to be with Rod's Dad and Mom. Drs. say it will be weeks of rehab. They got his brain bleed under control & the swelling is down. He's moving all 4 of his limbs, which is a blessing. But, there's other surgeries to come through first. Reading these and other articles, we see such a tradgic accident. If the youth of today would only would only follow the laws of the road. No, take that back. If everyone would just follow the rules, these things would be less & less. Accidents will happen. We can only be aware that it can happen to us also.
t1t2t3

Kissimmee, FL

#11 Sep 29, 2008
i would really like to know what really happened that day please let me know.
Beth

Kenton, OH

#12 Oct 1, 2008
Betteh, I want you to know that I am praying for your grandson Rod, and for the other two boys as well as your families. As for Jacob's family and Angela's family, I want you to know that I am praying for you all as well. I cannot imagine the pain that you all are feeling right now, but I want you to know that I am there to lift you all up daily before the Lord and He will take care of each of you moment by moment. Take care and God Bless.
Beth

Kenton, OH

#13 Oct 1, 2008
I forgot to add that my son is also a student at Hocking Tech and is a couple of the boy's Room/Dorm advisor there.
betteh

AOL

#14 Oct 1, 2008
Thanks for being there for all the boys. Two of the boys are doing well. They are in a step-up unit for trauma. Our grandson, Rodney, is going to be a long hall. He has been responding to stimulation in all 4 limbs, but looks like the left side might be a problem. The drs. & nurses on the third floor keep repeating it will be small baby steps back. It will probably take weeks, probably more. Keep them in your prayers. Again, thank you for being there.
dlunsford42 wrote:
Friend Of Angel

Rockford, IL

#15 Oct 2, 2008
I need to know more about Angel, the woman in car one. She was my dear friend. I need to know what happened. Please email me at corbynnme@yahoo.com.
dlunsford42 wrote:
Please contact me 4 Angel

Santee, CA

#16 Oct 2, 2008
My name is Meghan, Angel was a friend of a lifetime. We laughed so much together and we cried so much together. She is irreplacable. I will be praying for everyones family who was affected by this tragedy.
P.S. Tiffany if you read this please please contact me at secaur22@yahoo.com
Kymberlyn

Mayville, NY

#17 Oct 2, 2008
Dlunsford42, please help me.
dlunsford42 wrote:
I was one of the first on the scene, The woman driver of car one age late 30 early 40 was dead on impact. She was traveling toward Nelsonville Car number two had 4 occupants, all young male around 19. Driver was alive for several minutes until EMT arrived, I lifted his head as he gasped his last breath, He was twisted and contourqed like the metal car around him..
Please, this is his mother, did he (the boy driver) say anything? Please email me - kymberlyn at pangaiafarm dot come.

Since: Oct 08

Rutland, OH

#18 Oct 2, 2008
t1t2t3 wrote:
just wanted to say that was my sister her name was angela d. kelton and she was 23 years old..
Hello,
I am Jacob's mother. He was the driver. I don't know what to say to you or your family. My son would never harm any living thing let alone another person.

If you have read all the same news articles that I have read then I am sure you are wondering if he was impaired. Please let me assure you that he was not. His class ended at noon, he had lunch in the dorm then sat in the student area for a while. The accident was only 20 minutes later. Please wait for the toxicology and final investigation to end before making any judgements. I know my son would never have put himself in a position to possibly harm himself or anyone.

I know that none of this will change what has happened to your family but I hope that you will find it in your heart to see that this was truely an accident. We do not know why our loved ones were taken from us.

Please, if you would like to talk privately please email me at kymberlyn@pangaiafarm.com. I would love to have the opportunity to apologize in a way just a little more personal. Perhaps, we can both learn more about the accident if we can compare what we are hearing about it.

Mean while, please accept my mose sincere apology for what has happened and please send our condolences to your family.

Kymberlyn Tattrie-Weber, Ripley, NY
betteh

AOL

#19 Oct 6, 2008
to Kymberlyn in Ripley, NY
I am Rodney's grandmother in Columbus. The boys, Jon included, has been upgraded to fair, which is good news. But, there's going to be lots of healing to be done. Rodney has suffered a serious brain injury. He's still not responsive but moving his right side. His eyes are open and he turns his head, but no verbal communications as yet. Thank you for your article in another paper. It was very nice of you to write, since we hadn't know things you spoke of. We're keeping you and all of Jacobs family in our prayers. We pray for your continued healing. We'll be in touch.
Beth

Kenton, OH

#20 Oct 10, 2008
Betteh, how is Rodney doing? Wanted to let you all know that I am still praying for all of you. You say he is unresponsive. Maybe that is for the best now to let the brain heal. I will keep praying for you all. I would be interested in reading Kymberlyn's article if you can print it here. You all take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do racists hate Obama so much ? 11 min Hoodies Skittles ... 7
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 min too sly 30,505
RIP Joan Rivers 17 min Hoodies Skittles ... 17
Racist 58 min Duke for Mayor 3
Big Johnson 59 min MamaJohnson 2
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 15
welfare nation 1 hr Duke for Mayor 16
Where are all the original legacy posters? 2 hr Catman Dave 108
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Tofte 2,291
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••