Killers Among Us: Woman left work, va...

Killers Among Us: Woman left work, vanished | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 180 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 6, 2010, titled Killers Among Us: Woman left work, vanished | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Detective Jeff Stiers of the Union County sheriff's office with a flier about Patti: "If we get a tip that she's behind the oak tree, then we go look behind the oak tree." View a related video " href="/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/local_news/stories/2010/09/06/coldcase6-art-gcg9p9o4-1coldcase6-jq-5-jpg.jpg" class="lightbox"> View a related video ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#25 Sep 6, 2010
Lucky wrote:
Whats really sad is this is one of hundreds of stories like this that start in that Honda Plant. The coworkers having illicet affairs and the ruined lives. ALL is not so rosey working up there in Marysville,"Where the grass is greener".
No kidding, I hear that place is quite the passion pit.
Hmmm

Zanesville, OH

#26 Sep 6, 2010
Retired Deputy wrote:
Are U kidding me?
This one hasn't been solved yet and the stupid wife is covering for her husband that was screwing the bimbo from work ?
Sad to say but no matter the pretty picture the story is trying to paint about the woman MURDERED not missing is not at all real.
She laid the groundwork for her own death and bought into this guy's real plan for her. Makes me think his wife was in on it to get the money from the idiot.$90,000 would make the wife lie along with him and even help dispose of the body. Prove the blood and hairs where the idiot's and they are in the guy and his wife's house and lock'em both up because in the end they are both just as guilty. Life for her if she co operates and death for him ..... If she has any brains she has to know there is no limit to the time on a murder and 1 yr or 25 yrs they are still coimng to get him and her dumb arse for lying for him.
Advice to idiot wife. Get a lawyer and rollover like a trained puppy on him TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!
His wife should have killed him:)

Since: Feb 10

Columbus, OH

#27 Sep 6, 2010
I feel so sad for this family. My neice is the girl who was murdered in Florida in 2001. They arrested and convicted the guy on forensic evidence, and his murder trial was the first trial in this country to use animal DNA found on the duct tape he bound her hands, feet, and gagged her with. That SOB is in jail for life and has exhausted all of his appeals. He will get his final judgement in the end.

Charlie, you are no Christian to judge as you do. The defense attorneys for the peice of pond scum that murdered my niece attempted to paint her as a loose woman and a prostitute, on ZERO evidence other than their own made-up stories, and that she "deserved" what she got. NO ONE deserves to be murdered. What they said about her was wholly untrue, but even if it were, she did not deserve to be murdered, and especially not in the way she was killed. The jury saw through that nonsense and convicted on the truth and the science. If you wish to face your maker with a clear conscience, you should learn to leave judgement to Him.

If they found hairs from this woman's cat in that guys truck he is guilty as sin. At the very least it is irrefutable evidence that he had contact with her other than casual contact in the workplace. They will eventually get what they need to convict this guy and he'll pay for his crime under man's law, and then God's judgement.

To the family of Patti Adkins: My thoughts, prayers and sympathies are with you. Hold on to your hope and faith. The police will eventually get this guy. In the meantime, try to take solice that the police are acting responsibly in waiting to have the solid evidence they will need to ensure that this guy will not get away with his crime. God bless you all.
Wow

Zanesville, OH

#29 Sep 6, 2010
$90,000!!!

She was out of her mind!

I wouldn't date a guy who needed me to 'loan' him $90.00 (even if he looked like Johnny Depp and was hung like a horse).
ohiomom

Delaware, OH

#30 Sep 6, 2010
charlene wrote:
Charlie makes a good point. While we are all sinners and sin frequently we should not excuse sin based on Humanistic values. Many people commit adultery constantly. The missing woman was an adulterer as was her boyfriend. As are many of the people reading and writing at this website. The Bible calls people who divorce and marry others adulterers. 90K bucks is a lot of money to throw away on a dishonorable person/relationship. Did her friends and relatives approve of her behavior? The reporter excuses it by writing that the woman didn't like being alone. There were other ways of not being alone. The reporter writes as if working for TV's 48 Hours.
Why don't people read the articles before commenting....
The reporter doesn't "excuse it"...this was from her family/friends as well as the fact that no, they didn't approve of the behavior.
Now, I am in NO way approving adulterous behavior (in fact I think it's immoral) however, I do not feel this woman derserved to be killed-which is what I think happened. IMO she got herself into a relationship with a-well I am too much of a mom and a woman to state how I really feel about this guy-and he knew his time was up about coming clean about their affair and the money...he set the whole thing up to "get rid of her"...the signs are all there!! "Don't bring anything?"???? are you kidding me??? Evil...pure and simple evil.
May her family, esp her daughter find peace and may Karma find this guy! His wife is stupid for covering for him--she could be next....get the heck out of that relationship!!!
Condolences

Zanesville, OH

#31 Sep 6, 2010
Westside Professional wrote:
I feel so sad for this family. My neice is the girl who was murdered in Florida in 2001. They arrested and convicted the guy on forensic evidence, and his murder trial was the first trial in this country to use animal DNA found on the duct tape he bound her hands, feet, and gagged her with. That SOB is in jail for life and has exhausted all of his appeals. He will get his final judgement in the end.
Charlie, you are no Christian to judge as you do. The defense attorneys for the peice of pond scum that murdered my niece attempted to paint her as a loose woman and a prostitute, on ZERO evidence other than their own made-up stories, and that she "deserved" what she got. NO ONE deserves to be murdered. What they said about her was wholly untrue, but even if it were, she did not deserve to be murdered, and especially not in the way she was killed. The jury saw through that nonsense and convicted on the truth and the science. If you wish to face your maker with a clear conscience, you should learn to leave judgement to Him.
If they found hairs from this woman's cat in that guys truck he is guilty as sin. At the very least it is irrefutable evidence that he had contact with her other than casual contact in the workplace. They will eventually get what they need to convict this guy and he'll pay for his crime under man's law, and then God's judgement.
To the family of Patti Adkins: My thoughts, prayers and sympathies are with you. Hold on to your hope and faith. The police will eventually get this guy. In the meantime, try to take solice that the police are acting responsibly in waiting to have the solid evidence they will need to ensure that this guy will not get away with his crime. God bless you all.
I am so sorry for your loss.

And I think it's unconscionable when defense attornies seek to reduce the value of female victims to juries by insinuating that they're 'loose'! People are so stupid and evil to even buy into that.

I don't care if they're crack smoking hookers, that still doesn't give anyone the right to kill them.
CriminalJusProfe ssional

Columbus, OH

#32 Sep 6, 2010
Charlie you just got flagged for an inappropriate post-inappropriate to say the least. You are nothing short of a criminal mind. Your comment about a woman deserving to be abused is over the edge. The only thing "Ms" infers is that she's over 18 and most likely not married. Get a grip, but I see you are well beyond that point. Reality slipped away for you, long ago.
mjo

Portsmouth, OH

#33 Sep 6, 2010
Wow, as a Christian, I am sad. As a fellow human, I am so disheartened. The Christ I know would not approve of the judgemental behavior and words from those of you responding. I am sad for you, also. My heart is also for the family and the 16 year old daughter that may be reading this--and all of these posts. If this young woman, had been the ONLY person ever--Christ would have given His very life for only hers. That is how He loves us-warts and all. Constantly calling. No one can know the state of her soul. So we leave this in the eyes and hands of the Father. Christ call those He calls His very own- who call themselves His followers- to love others, Not what they do--but see the person He saw and loved. So spend some time reflecting. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, she, you, and I. May God comfort the hearts of the grieving, strengthen those of you who are weary, and soft those with hardened hearts. May this day bring each of you a peace and joy. For Christians--represent the Father well, follow Christ and extend His love and grace even to the least because you may be used to win others --lost, sad, lonely, hurting souls--to the Kingdom of God. Amen.
Lucky

Nashport, OH

#34 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
To MS AB
First of all your name "Ms" constitutes a feminist agenda and your assertion you would be dead, is probably an overstatement. I do not think that because I understand and pattern my life around scripture that I am insane. I consider insanity as going to a stadium/church and praising images of buckeyes and golden gophers getting drunk and then waking up in the morning with a hunger to be fed the sports page. My daily bread isn't the Columbus Dispatch sports section. I serve a living God. I will not allow a feminist who hates the bible and references my belief system as insane to have any influence on my opinions. Certainly "Ms>" as a woman you're all for my discrimination by the government based on your slander and your narrow personal realm of experience. Certainly you're for the murder of living beings if they haven't left their mother's body. And certainly you are hostile to scripture which is the role of satan who comes to steal the word of god. i said that this woman was insane and controlled by satan. She was compelled to die by an evil lust that consumed her life. In the Old testament women like this were stoned to death. She should not have laughed that off. God can't have compassion on sin as sin's role is to kill the person. Israel was not allowed to permit sin in the camp. People need to be warned of this. I will not be intimidated by you as I think you are a lowly form of heathen scum who will end up in hell for eternity and have a role in a satanic ministry calling bible believers insane. No people who practice adultery are insane. You were probably beaten because of the way you act. Didn't someone say "It takes 2 to tango"?
Chuck,You need to get a grip. Who knows what world you live in but,you are one messed up soul. If you think for one minute anyone in this day and age is going to take serious your rantings and your alarmist attitude you are nuts. Whatever your beliefs a woman was murdered and the killer is still on the streets possibly in your neighborhood stalking his next victim. Becareful with your judgmental attitude you maybe next????
Bystander

AOL

#35 Sep 6, 2010
Here is something I don't understand...the article says she gave him $90,000. If there is proof of that, how are he and his wife getting away with saying he had no connection to the woman (other than loaning her lunch money)? Is there a paper trail?
And to "Charlie".... you attempt to quote the Bible and then say hideous things about this woman. You are giving true believers a bad name. No true Christian would say those kinds of things. We are to hate the sin, not the sinner. We are called to love one another. We are all sinners saved by grace and if you don't understand that..please leave the Bible out of your nasty posts.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#36 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
To MS AB
First of all your name "Ms" constitutes a feminist agenda and your assertion you would be dead, is probably an overstatement. I do not think that because I understand and pattern my life around scripture that I am insane. I consider insanity as going to a stadium/church and praising images of buckeyes and golden gophers getting drunk and then waking up in the morning with a hunger to be fed the sports page. My daily bread isn't the Columbus Dispatch sports section. I serve a living God. I will not allow a feminist who hates the bible and references my belief system as insane to have any influence on my opinions. Certainly "Ms>" as a woman you're all for my discrimination by the government based on your slander and your narrow personal realm of experience. Certainly you're for the murder of living beings if they haven't left their mother's body. And certainly you are hostile to scripture which is the role of satan who comes to steal the word of god. i said that this woman was insane and controlled by satan. She was compelled to die by an evil lust that consumed her life. In the Old testament women like this were stoned to death. She should not have laughed that off. God can't have compassion on sin as sin's role is to kill the person. Israel was not allowed to permit sin in the camp. People need to be warned of this. I will not be intimidated by you as I think you are a lowly form of heathen scum who will end up in hell for eternity and have a role in a satanic ministry calling bible believers insane. No people who practice adultery are insane. You were probably beaten because of the way you act. Didn't someone say "It takes 2 to tango"?
Haha, you're a nut!
Lucky

Nashport, OH

#37 Sep 6, 2010
Chuck,Charlene,who ever you claim to be, Are you the boyfriend and or the boyfriends wife????????
Reader

Walbridge, OH

#38 Sep 6, 2010
Why can't they subpoena records to show if she really gave him $90K? She could have spent it on something else, or else it's proof that he's lying about having a relationship with her.

I agree with those who say the wife should get away asap.
Ms AB

United States

#40 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
To MS AB
First of all your name "Ms" constitutes a feminist agenda and your assertion you would be dead, is probably an overstatement. I do not think that because I understand and pattern my life around scripture that I am insane. I consider insanity as going to a stadium/church and praising images of buckeyes and golden gophers getting drunk and then waking up in the morning with a hunger to be fed the sports page. My daily bread isn't the Columbus Dispatch sports section. I serve a living God. I will not allow a feminist who hates the bible and references my belief system as insane to have any influence on my opinions. Certainly "Ms>" as a woman you're all for my discrimination by the government based on your slander and your narrow personal realm of experience. Certainly you're for the murder of living beings if they haven't left their mother's body. And certainly you are hostile to scripture which is the role of satan who comes to steal the word of god. i said that this woman was insane and controlled by satan. She was compelled to die by an evil lust that consumed her life. In the Old testament women like this were stoned to death. She should not have laughed that off. God can't have compassion on sin as sin's role is to kill the person. Israel was not allowed to permit sin in the camp. People need to be warned of this. I will not be intimidated by you as I think you are a lowly form of heathen scum who will end up in hell for eternity and have a role in a satanic ministry calling bible believers insane. No people who practice adultery are insane. You were probably beaten because of the way you act. Didn't someone say "It takes 2 to tango"?
Not that it is ANY of your business, but my name is Mrs. Boggs. Let us clear that up real quick. Secondly, no overstatement when it comes to the man that strangled me until I went unconscious dropping our then 7 month old on the floor. So lets clear that up as well. In addition, I do not hate the bible, or any of its 26 versions. You are quite the god aren't you Mr. Charlie??? Wow! I shall not comment any further to your words of hatred. I will pray for you instead!
Paul

Kingsport, TN

#41 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
To MS AB
First of all your name "Ms" constitutes a feminist agenda and your assertion you would be dead, is probably an overstatement. I do not think that because I understand and pattern my life around scripture that I am insane. I consider insanity as going to a stadium/church and praising images of buckeyes and golden gophers getting drunk and then waking up in the morning with a hunger to be fed the sports page. My daily bread isn't the Columbus Dispatch sports section. I serve a living God. I will not allow a feminist who hates the bible and references my belief system as insane to have any influence on my opinions. Certainly "Ms>" as a woman you're all for my discrimination by the government based on your slander and your narrow personal realm of experience. Certainly you're for the murder of living beings if they haven't left their mother's body. And certainly you are hostile to scripture which is the role of satan who comes to steal the word of god. i said that this woman was insane and controlled by satan. She was compelled to die by an evil lust that consumed her life. In the Old testament women like this were stoned to death. She should not have laughed that off. God can't have compassion on sin as sin's role is to kill the person. Israel was not allowed to permit sin in the camp. People need to be warned of this. I will not be intimidated by you as I think you are a lowly form of heathen scum who will end up in hell for eternity and have a role in a satanic ministry calling bible believers insane. No people who practice adultery are insane. You were probably beaten because of the way you act. Didn't someone say "It takes 2 to tango"?
Did Jesus tell Mary Magdelene that she was," a lowly form of scum" or did he have compassion on her? Lighten up and live in the light of love.

$90,000 and her cats hairs found on a recently purchased tonneau cover, that had been taken back off of the truck, is some strong circumstantial evidence. I hope they get the murderer. God's peace and comfort to the family.
clarence

Dublin, OH

#42 Sep 6, 2010
"May her family, esp her daughter find peace and may Karma find this guy! "
Karma? Karma is an idea that comes from the pagan belief system of Hindus/Buddhists. Are you a Hindu/Buddhist?
I thought the discussion dealt with Christian beliefs.
It is The Bible that forbids adultery.
Paul

Kingsport, TN

#44 Sep 6, 2010
Ms AB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that it is ANY of your business, but my name is Mrs. Boggs. Let us clear that up real quick. Secondly, no overstatement when it comes to the man that strangled me until I went unconscious dropping our then 7 month old on the floor. So lets clear that up as well. In addition, I do not hate the bible, or any of its 26 versions. You are quite the god aren't you Mr. Charlie??? Wow! I shall not comment any further to your words of hatred. I will pray for you instead!
God bless you, Ms AB. We the good members of the USA have been fighting "charlies" for a long time and will always.
Sam

Canal Winchester, OH

#47 Sep 6, 2010
clarence wrote:
"May her family, esp her daughter find peace and may Karma find this guy! "
Karma? Karma is an idea that comes from the pagan belief system of Hindus/Buddhists. Are you a Hindu/Buddhist?
I thought the discussion dealt with Christian beliefs.
It is The Bible that forbids adultery.
So Karma doesn't exist or is a farce in the Christian belief system? Well "thank you" I'm no longer a Christian and I'm fine with that then ... karma DOES exist - unless you have your head in the sand!! Maybe that's what is going on with Christians! When you get on here and quote bible verses you sound just like fanatical Muslim extremists - give it a rest!
Vuvuzela Jabulani

Columbus, OH

#48 Sep 6, 2010
Women are so desperate to get a man in their life.

It is really sad to watch women make fools of themselves to get a man in their life so they will be happy.
dreams

Chillicothe, OH

#49 Sep 6, 2010
Hair of the deceased can be found in the metal bed frame under the mattress in her former lovers guest bedroom and under the passenger side seat of his truck. It's attached to the bottom of the seat. It's not on the floor.
Her blood can be found in his home. It's been cleaned up but it still remains. He has relatives or close friends who have some out of the way property. He took her there but he kept something that belonged to her or was part of her. I can't see what it is, but he looks at it and thinks about her from time to time. His wife put him up to the murder not the other way around.
I do not know these people and have never seen them. The man has dark hair and his wife has blonde-ish/light brown hair. He was in love with the girlfriend. His wife was making it impossible to leave. I'm not judging in any way. I have had these dreams for years. They started about a year before this murder. They are very real. I haven't witnessed the murder but I felt that she was happy to go with him. Over come with happiness. She wasn't scared at all until it was to late. The wife taunted her for some time before anything happened. She really didn't think she would be killed until just before. I don't know what happened but it was violent. The wife had blood spatter on her face & was in a stage of complete rage. She made her husband help. I didn't see. He did exactly what he was instructed to do. He didn't ask questions. They were in a room that wasn't well lit. Maybe a cabin or cedar walls, or cement, but there were shadows behind the wife as she stood over her. The victim is sometimes bound to a chair and sometimes bound on the floor.
These are some of the worst dreams I have ever had and I can feel her joy to be leaving with him and I can feel the anger that she was caught. She also felt relief that they were caught. She was thinking as the ordeal began that this was the moment she had been waiting for. She believed he was leaving his wife. She knew the affair was wrong and felt like she had to listen to the wife and when she was done listening she would have him to herself forever. She wasn't afraid. Ashamed,embarrassed, relieved, and hopeful was how she felt about the wife being there. She didn't feel fear until there was no way for her to act and get out of the situation. She loved the man until her last breath. She hurt when she figured out he was in on the wifes plan, but she still loved him.
The dreams are intense and I don't know why I have them. It's like she tries to communicate with me but offeres no answers. I feel what she felt but I never see her during the murder. She never speaks to me or shows me anything that can help. I always feel like I'm missing something and it drives me crazy. The flashes I get are crazy. I'd love to know how accurate the detail is. The guest room has cream colored carpet and a beadspread with purple and light purple flowers.
The wife thinks they've got away with it and the husband still worries they will be caught. The fight a lot and she cleans a lot. They both watch a lot of CSI. She watches for information on how she might stay a step ahead and he watches to see what their downfall will be. He's afraid he may be a victim one day. She like the power she holds over him.
There is evidence in their home and it's evidence that can't be removed. I keep getting that they have moved or thought about moving. I keep going back to the same house though. The creame colored carpet and room are always the same in the dreams. I didn't know anyone involved but I feel like I do after years of the dreams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
July 27 is Finally Here! 10 min 404 not found 29
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 4 hr Myothernameisdpants 1,032
Face it. Republican politicians HATEcha. No hea... 4 hr Myothernameisdpants 55
America Held Hostage Day 187 6 hr No Investigation 19
older women needing spanked? 7 hr Club Ratt 67
Proof extra-terrestrials are already here on Ea... 7 hr Duke for Mayor 4
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 7 hr Concerned 308
Why are Trump's Kids so ugly? 12 hr Male 127

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages