Killers Among Us: Woman left work, vanished | The Columbus Dispatch

Detective Jeff Stiers of the Union County sheriff's office with a flier about Patti: "If we get a tip that she's behind the oak tree, then we go look behind the oak tree." View a related video " href="/wwwexportcontent/sites/dispatch/local_news/stories/2010/09/06/coldcase6-art-gcg9p9o4-1coldcase6-jq-5-jpg.jpg" class="lightbox"> View a related video ... Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Shirley

Toledo, OH

#1 Sep 6, 2010
Wait. She gave the "boyfriend" 90 grand out of her retirement account and he says they had nothing going on? Even gave her lunch money now and then? That's all bull. This guy is dirty and he's going to pay sooner or later.
USAF in Germany

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#2 Sep 6, 2010
WTF is his name, someone must know?
Leo

Marysville, OH

#4 Sep 6, 2010
Marysville law enforcement could not catch a cold
Mrs B

Findlay, OH

#5 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
The wages of sin is death. She should have picked up a bible at some point and known that she could end up dead. I'll cry for someone who wasn't a homewrecker. Oh ya and let's prejudice the public with the statement that some stupid veterinarian can make the assertion that some cat hair definitely belongs to someone's cat. More voodoo evidence presented as scientific evidence that a "stupid as a box of rocks" union county jury is going to believe which is falsely presented as a scientific fact when it's mere speculation.
While I don't agree with her behavior, I do not believe she deserves to die. Hopefully, Charlie, you have never done anything wrong. Shame on you for judging. Better pick up your own Bible and read it. Yours is a very mean comment.

Judged:

22

11

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mojo

United States

#6 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
The wages of sin is death. She should have picked up a bible at some point and known that she could end up dead. I'll cry for someone who wasn't a homewrecker. Oh ya and let's prejudice the public with the statement that some stupid veterinarian can make the assertion that some cat hair definitely belongs to someone's cat. More voodoo evidence presented as scientific evidence that a
"stupid as a box of rocks" union county jury
is going to believe which is falsely presented
as a scientific fact when it's mere
speculation.
Oh yes, matching hair samples is stupid and pointless but reading the Bible would have changed this girl's path in life. Would that be the same Bible that Jim jones read when he poisoned the Kool aid? And adultery is a sin that Warrants death?
Maybe you should live in in Iran so you can take part in the stoning of adulterers.
Retired Deputy

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Sep 6, 2010
Are U kidding me?
This one hasn't been solved yet and the stupid wife is covering for her husband that was screwing the bimbo from work ?
Sad to say but no matter the pretty picture the story is trying to paint about the woman MURDERED not missing is not at all real.
She laid the groundwork for her own death and bought into this guy's real plan for her. Makes me think his wife was in on it to get the money from the idiot.$90,000 would make the wife lie along with him and even help dispose of the body. Prove the blood and hairs where the idiot's and they are in the guy and his wife's house and lock'em both up because in the end they are both just as guilty. Life for her if she co operates and death for him ..... If she has any brains she has to know there is no limit to the time on a murder and 1 yr or 25 yrs they are still coimng to get him and her dumb arse for lying for him.
Advice to idiot wife. Get a lawyer and rollover like a trained puppy on him TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!
charlene

Dublin, OH

#8 Sep 6, 2010
Charlie makes a good point. While we are all sinners and sin frequently we should not excuse sin based on Humanistic values. Many people commit adultery constantly. The missing woman was an adulterer as was her boyfriend. As are many of the people reading and writing at this website. The Bible calls people who divorce and marry others adulterers. 90K bucks is a lot of money to throw away on a dishonorable person/relationship. Did her friends and relatives approve of her behavior? The reporter excuses it by writing that the woman didn't like being alone. There were other ways of not being alone. The reporter writes as if working for TV's 48 Hours.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#9 Sep 6, 2010
Obviously she was both stupid and conniving, to give that guy money so he would leave his wife.
King C-zar

Jeffersonville, OH

#10 Sep 6, 2010
Mrs B wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't agree with her behavior, I do not believe she deserves to die. Hopefully, Charlie, you have never done anything wrong. Shame on you for judging. Better pick up your own Bible and read it. Yours is a very mean comment.
Charlie is the ex-boyfriend. Probably was made by his wife to kill her.
King C-zar

Jeffersonville, OH

#11 Sep 6, 2010
charlene wrote:
Charlie makes a good point. While we are all sinners and sin frequently we should not excuse sin based on Humanistic values. Many people commit adultery constantly. The missing woman was an adulterer as was her boyfriend. As are many of the people reading and writing at this website. The Bible calls people who divorce and marry others adulterers. 90K bucks is a lot of money to throw away on a dishonorable person/relationship. Did her friends and relatives approve of her behavior? The reporter excuses it by writing that the woman didn't like being alone. There were other ways of not being alone. The reporter writes as if working for TV's 48 Hours.
Charlene=Charlie
Michelle

Granville, OH

#12 Sep 6, 2010
She disappears the night she is to go away with the coworker??? Come on he is involved. He has to be. He told her not to bring anything of her own with her and he had someone with him he supporsedly had to drop off and she had to hide in the bed of the truck??? They are lying..
Bubba

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Sep 6, 2010
She actually dug her own grave. Take NOTHING with you? We can buy wahtever we need when we get there?......... She fell for that ??????????
This guy planned and executed a MURDER plan and his wife was in on it.
AND this "victim" if her family knew about her screwing a married man it wasn't her first rodeo doing so. They were used to her being the hobag at work and around town.
Ms AB

United States

#15 Sep 6, 2010
Retired Deputy wrote:
Are U kidding me?
This one hasn't been solved yet and the stupid wife is covering for her husband that was screwing the bimbo from work ?
Sad to say but no matter the pretty picture the story is trying to paint about the woman MURDERED not missing is not at all real.
She laid the groundwork for her own death and bought into this guy's real plan for her. Makes me think his wife was in on it to get the money from the idiot.$90,000 would make the wife lie along with him and even help dispose of the body. Prove the blood and hairs where the idiot's and they are in the guy and his wife's house and lock'em both up because in the end they are both just as guilty. Life for her if she co operates and death for him ..... If she has any brains she has to know there is no limit to the time on a murder and 1 yr or 25 yrs they are still coimng to get him and her dumb arse for lying for him.
Advice to idiot wife. Get a lawyer and rollover like a trained puppy on him TOMORROW !!!!!!!!!!
I don't recommend speaking ill of the deceased. Voodoo, or not, do you ever feel the hair stand up on the back of your neck? And that goes to all of you who seem to walk on water. Love is blind. Yes she made a mistake that may have cost her her life. "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."
CriminalJusProfe ssional

Westerville, OH

#16 Sep 6, 2010
Oh that trash killled her alright...I pray they get the evidence they need to make him pay for it. Prosecutors should ask for the death penalty.
How his wife sleeps next to him every night is beyond repulsive...
CriminalJusProfe ssional

Westerville, OH

#17 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are a stupid heathen who has never been inspired by anything but crime drama on the boob tube. You should realize that you are far afield if you are cheating and that you are being controlled by satan whose plan is to steal, kill and destroy. Draining your bank accounts for an affair should be a warning. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Sorry stupid heathen but if you can read this verse then go to the bank and take out money while swooping by to get some lingerie on your way to an illicit vacation with someone's husband, you DESERVE TO DIE!
"Deserve to die?" You are one sick man. No one deserves to be killed and last time I checked, it takes TWO to tango.
mroseb

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Sep 6, 2010
Who are we to judge anyone? Only God has that right! She may have made some mistakes,,,believing in love. But she didn't deserve to die! There are murderers and child molesters in prison who gets to live,yet CHARLIE you believe she gets to die? God will judge YOU!
Ms AB

United States

#20 Sep 6, 2010
charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are a stupid heathen who has never been inspired by anything but crime drama on the boob tube. You should realize that you are far afield if you are cheating and that you are being controlled by satan whose plan is to steal, kill and destroy. Draining your bank accounts for an affair should be a warning. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Sorry stupid heathen but if you can read this verse then go to the bank and take out money while swooping by to get some lingerie on your way to an illicit vacation with someone's husband, you DESERVE TO DIE!
I can't believe I walk this earth with people like you, Charlie. 11 years ago I was seriously abused by my husband, now ex OF COURSE! But certain religions state that unless my husband "put me out" for another woman, I had no right to leave him. I would have been dead now if I would have followed my own religious beliefs at the time. So, we can set here and preach the bible and JUDGE Patty Adkins for having an affair with a married man, but you are judging a person. You are not God. What are you thinking? Saying she deserves to die??? Seriously? You are gross. She has a 16 year old daughter and I hope her daughter is smart enough to know people like you are insane.
Lucky

United States

#22 Sep 6, 2010
What a tangled web,the sad part of this story is the family of the dead woman. They are left to grieve their mother/daughter and someone,most likely her lover,knows exactly what happened. Whats really sad is this is one of hundreds of stories like this that start in that Honda Plant. The coworkers having illicet affairs and the ruined lives. ALL is not so rosey working up there in Marysville,"Where the grass is greener".
CriminalJusProfe ssional

Westerville, OH

#23 Sep 6, 2010
Charlie, get help for your viciousness...or slap yourself silly until you overcome your "I am God" complex.

And "retired deputy", your lack of professionalism and impartial judgment make me glad you are no longer in a position of service.
Hmmm

Columbus, OH

#24 Sep 6, 2010
They surely killed her. I'll bet both the boyfriend and his wife were in on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
COPS lives MATTER 2 hr Neutral Party 183
2 magical days until Christmas 2 hr Neutral Party 70
Gas Prices Dip Below $2 A Gallon Across Central... 4 hr d pantz 2
Who do you side with in New York and why? 4 hr d pantz 18
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 328
Everyone have a good Christmas? 7 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Joe Cocker is dead. 8 hr d pantz 67
Merry Christmas everybody 11 hr Duke for Mayor 35
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore