Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#1 Mar 13, 2013
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/whit...

Yes, it is real.

Only the Akron dogs could deny what the left is really about.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 13, 2013
This is so sad. I guess you will be sobbing all day now.

Ivy League-ISIS

#3 Mar 13, 2013
What is it with the University of Colorado

http://collegeinsurrection.com/2013/03/bill-o...

Seems the herp and derp has migrated from California.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#4 Mar 13, 2013
How absolutely horrific that in America, people gather together to discuss anything that they wish to discuss.

I'm simply mortified at the prospect of such gatherings taking place.

What on earth will people do next?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#5 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
What is it with the University of Colorado
http://collegeinsurrection.com/2013/03/bill-o...
Seems the herp and derp has migrated from California.

woof

Ivy League-ISIS

#6 Mar 13, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
How absolutely horrific that in America, people gather together to discuss anything that they wish to discuss.
woof
This is a taxpayer funded gathering. I don't like that, if the taxpayers were funding a Klan rally you would be crapping bricks.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/d greenfield/white-privilege-con ference-proposes-government-gu aranteed-jobs-and-reperations/ ?utm_source=rss&utm_medium =rss&utm_campaign=white-pr ivilege-conference-proposes-go vernment-guaranteed-jobs-and-r eperations
Yes, it is real.
Only the Akron dogs could deny what the left is really about.
David Horowitz is a fall-off-the-edge-of-the-earth righty--despite having been raised in a family of actual communists and starting out as a lefty.

Just pointing out that it doesn't take someone left of center to disagree with him.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 13, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
woof
Particularly interesting that David Horowitz stands in opposition--since he claims to be a big believer in academic freedom.

Location hidden

#9 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a taxpayer funded gathering. I don't like that, if the taxpayers were funding a Klan rally you would be crapping bricks.
White privilege is a concept well-recognized in the sociology of the United States.

Now, there may be all kinds of disagreement about why that is and what, if anything, could or should be done about it. But to deny the opportunity to air research and opinions on the topic would be foolhardy and fly in the face of academic freedom, something David Horowitz (the man behind your article) claims to be an ardent supporter of.

Ivy League-ISIS

#10 Mar 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
David Horowitz is a fall-off-the-edge-of-the-earth righty--despite having been raised in a family of actual communists and starting out as a lefty.
Just pointing out that it doesn't take someone left of center to disagree with him.
He doesn't like Grover Norquist.

Ivy League-ISIS

#11 Mar 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Particularly interesting that David Horowitz stands in opposition--since he claims to be a big believer in academic freedom.
Horowitz didn't write the first link, Greenfield did.

Ivy League-ISIS

#12 Mar 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
White privilege is a concept well-recognized in the sociology of the United States.
Now, there may be all kinds of disagreement about why that is and what, if anything, could or should be done about it. But to deny the opportunity to air research and opinions on the topic would be foolhardy and fly in the face of academic freedom, something David Horowitz (the man behind your article) claims to be an ardent supporter of.
If I created the theory of "black self-loathing" or even asked for the study of "anti-white racism" I would be locked out of the highly leftist sociology field.

The airing of "privilege" is inherently anti-white, therefore I demand that it lose its taxpayer funding.

Location hidden

#13 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Horowitz didn't write the first link, Greenfield did.
OK--Horowitz published it.

Ivy League-ISIS

#14 Mar 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
OK--Horowitz published it.
Academic freedom as a concept doesn't extend to the use of tax dollars to promote open racial animosity.

Like how the courts upheld the Arizona ethnic studies defunding at the high school level.

Because identity politics is only wrong when its whites like me doing it...

Location hidden

#15 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
If I created the theory of "black self-loathing" or even asked for the study of "anti-white racism" I would be locked out of the highly leftist sociology field.
The airing of "privilege" is inherently anti-white, therefore I demand that it lose its taxpayer funding.
First, there are colleges of sociology that would likely welcome your thesis.

Second, the theory of "black self-loathing" is not new, and it has been studied within the context of American racism.

But the reality of bringing any new theory into any field is that there is an accepted order to any research--and it always starts with taking account of the existing literature. If certain ideas have taken precedence, then the research will have to take account of them in some form or fashion in order to move forward.

In order to establish your new theory of anti-white racism, you would have to begin with accepted theories of racism that have to do with power and structure--and then you would have to develop a basis for rejecting those understandings. In short, you would have to establish a basis for redefining racism away from social structures maintained by the sharing of power and privilege to whatever it is that you believe racism to be about.

I think that your problem (again) is that you want the revolution to be televised and brought to you without any struggle.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#16 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Academic freedom as a concept doesn't extend to the use of tax dollars to promote open racial animosity.
Like how the courts upheld the Arizona ethnic studies defunding at the high school level.
Because identity politics is only wrong when its whites like me doing it...
Thats not the agenda. Go look at the website you hack.

woof

Ivy League-ISIS

#17 Mar 13, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not the agenda. Go look at the website you hack.
woof
"Anyone who invokes a claim of White Privilege is already a racist. Holding a conference on the topic of why some people are evil based on the color of their skin with the backing of the University of Denver and Goddard College is like a Klan rally being held at MIT."

Location hidden

#18 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anyone who invokes a claim of White Privilege is already a racist. Holding a conference on the topic of why some people are evil based on the color of their skin with the backing of the University of Denver and Goddard College is like a Klan rally being held at MIT."
Would that be a direct quote from the people actually holding the conference, or just some knee-jerk response to the notion of discussing openly the reality that whites and blacks as demographic groups differ markedly on virtually every marker of well-being and/or achievement in our country?

Ivy League-ISIS

#19 Mar 13, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be a direct quote from the people actually holding the conference, or just some knee-jerk response to the notion of discussing openly the reality that whites and blacks as demographic groups differ markedly on virtually every marker of well-being and/or achievement in our country?
That quote is direct from Greenfield.

If you say that I've got an invisible privilege, I take that as an active threat to my existence. It's pushing kulak territory.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#20 Mar 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
That quote is direct from Greenfield.
If you say that I've got an invisible privilege, I take that as an active threat to my existence. It's pushing kulak territory.
You once had privilege.

You're obviously too stupid to have put it to good use, and now you're pissed off and blaming at anybody and everybody who doesn't look like you.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 8 min White cop 4,833
I found Mr Tea 12 min White cop 8
Parsley urgently appeals for cash | The Columbu... (Dec '09) 1 hr Joyce 393
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 1 hr Joyce 759
Hand outs 2 hr observer 8
COPS lives MATTER 2 hr Reality Speaks 40
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 3 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web