Comments
181 - 200 of 200 Comments Last updated Apr 5, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#183
Apr 3, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about being a glutton for punishment!!! Think about the child support obligations.
woof
pull out at last minute.

ends child support obligation.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#184
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
pull out at last minute.
ends child support obligation.
I hope in the sincerest and most honest way that folks reading this are already aware that this is not an effctive form of birth control.

For those who might not, let me assure you that this is not an effective method of birth control.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#185
Apr 3, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to not have the ability to discern that this is a Nation that is built upon the concept of religious freedom and tolerance, and individual rights, and that those concepts are central to the foundations from which all statutory law flows.
This isn't 14th Century England, idiot. We threw those fuckers of our backs, and if you haven't noticed lately, its happening again.
woof
In that time, England was pre-reformation. This country was largely founded because of Purtian differences with the Church of England, which was from 16th century England.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#186
Apr 3, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope in the sincerest and most honest way that folks reading this are already aware that this is not an effctive form of birth control.
For those who might not, let me assure you that this is not an effective method of birth control.
leaps and bounds better than after fertilizing the woman asking the taxpayer to support the mother and potential baby if she does not kill it first.

what do you care about birth control?

you just kill what you don't want.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#187
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope in the sincerest and most honest way that folks reading this are already aware that this is not an effctive form of birth control.
For those who might not, let me assure you that this is not an effective method of birth control.
I hear that the sight of you is a very effective form of birth control.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#188
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear that the sight of you is a very effective form of birth control.
Gokeefe is going to be very upset with you. That was a very mean thing to say.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#189
Apr 3, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to not have the ability to discern that this is a Nation that is built upon the concept of religious freedom and tolerance, and individual rights, and that those concepts are central to the foundations from which all statutory law flows.
This isn't 14th Century England, idiot. We threw those fuckers of our backs, and if you haven't noticed lately, its happening again.
woof
You remain way off-topic; nevertheless, your position negates your selective invocation of the Beatitudes to effect national behavior.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear that the sight of you is a very effective form of birth control.
I'm not sure that tranpsosition and her "partner" need worry about natural procreation.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#191
Apr 3, 2013
 
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
of the people, by the people, and for the people... think about what that really means.
You have the grey matter of a walnut.

When the people are the authority over themselves, without any leaders to reign in their conduct, there's a word for that: anarchy.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192
Apr 4, 2013
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
leaps and bounds better than after fertilizing the woman asking the taxpayer to support the mother and potential baby if she does not kill it first.
what do you care about birth control?
you just kill what you don't want.
I'm wonderfully interested in issues of open access to service and information, especially as it relates to healthcare and family planning.

And using effective, safe form of birth control is leaps and bounds above using a system largely based on hope and superstition and expecting results.

Making an effort to put forth the highest quality information you can collect is usually just a nice thing to do. When it comes to presenting healthcare advice doing so moves from a great, optional practice to a form of social responsibility.

Putting forth incorrect medical information as advice doesn't really serve anyone well.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#193
Apr 4, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wonderfully interested in issues of open access to service and information, especially as it relates to healthcare and family planning.
And using effective, safe form of birth control is leaps and bounds above using a system largely based on hope and superstition and expecting results.
Making an effort to put forth the highest quality information you can collect is usually just a nice thing to do. When it comes to presenting healthcare advice doing so moves from a great, optional practice to a form of social responsibility.
Putting forth incorrect medical information as advice doesn't really serve anyone well.
look how well handing out free condoms has worked to end unwanted pregnancy.

your solutions did nothing.

you leaps and bounds are in the wrong direction and moving us backwards.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#194
Apr 4, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wonderfully interested in issues of open access to service and information, especially as it relates to healthcare and family planning.
And using effective, safe form of birth control is leaps and bounds above using a system largely based on hope and superstition and expecting results.
Making an effort to put forth the highest quality information you can collect is usually just a nice thing to do. When it comes to presenting healthcare advice doing so moves from a great, optional practice to a form of social responsibility.
Putting forth incorrect medical information as advice doesn't really serve anyone well.
you Brits banning fire now parents have been convicted of burning to death 6 of their children?

I think you should ban fire. It is not safe in England for fire to be present.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195
Apr 4, 2013
 
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
look how well handing out free condoms has worked to end unwanted pregnancy.
While no doubt aiming at sarcasm, you've rather gracefully managed to be correct in this.

Looking at the rate of unintended pregnancies is environments where people have open access to safe and effective birth control, v/s environments where this access is limited has had a rather spectacular impact.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#197
Apr 4, 2013
 
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
While no doubt aiming at sarcasm, you've rather gracefully managed to be correct in this.
Looking at the rate of unintended pregnancies is environments where people have open access to safe and effective birth control, v/s environments where this access is limited has had a rather spectacular impact.
you smoking crack?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198
Apr 4, 2013
 
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the grey matter of a walnut.
When the people are the authority over themselves, without any leaders to reign in their conduct, there's a word for that: anarchy.
Anarchy is the absence of law. That's not what I'm talking about and you know it. Laws are needed to referee when what one person does causes harm to another person. Marriage between consenting adults harms no one, so there really shouldn't be ANY laws regarding it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199
Apr 4, 2013
 
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anarchy is the absence of law. That's not what I'm talking about and you know it. Laws are needed to referee when what one person does causes harm to another person. Marriage between consenting adults harms no one, so there really shouldn't be ANY laws regarding it.
Governments impose laws,doctrines, provisions, and statutes which aim to steer it's peoples into conduct which it deems good and productive (like responsible procreation and childrearing). Laws are not just there to restrict people harming each other.

When people are left to their own devices, without reliable doctrines to reign them in in their conduct, and without ethically-placed leaders to assign and enforce those doctrines, it can only degenerate to anarchy. Like, when you separate the meaning of marriage from the purpose it had since it's inception for the purpose of molly-coddling a tiny subset of the population, then too, you get anarchy. Sexual anarchy. Cultural blight.

Same-sex marriage harms me and I'm not even marrying a person of the same sex. The slippery slope it forms puts our cultural footing on an irresistable, downward gradient which leads only to a cesspool - an anything-goes realm of deviant expression, where practitioners of all other "alternative lifestyles" are greatly empowered with the official desanctification and degredation of the nuclear family. A guy in Cincinatti, in the process of being convicted on a charge relating to a long, incestuous relationship with his daughter, copped the same talking points people use to justify gay marriage: "committment" and "Consent".

Same sex marriage harms me because I have loved one's in public schools who will be taught same-sex relationships are a normal, healthy alternative when gay marriage forms the official government sanctifying of these unions. I don't want my loved ones given a positive endorsement of a demonstrably disordered, extremely unhealthy lifestyle.

Same sex marriage hurts me, because once bestowed that recognition, it will criminalize dissagreement with it in the public square. As a person of faith, I cannot affirm and endorse exemplars of such immorality. I will be dragged into costly legal battles when this standard is set.

Gay marriage hurts me, because I am part of the Body of society, and I feel the hurt when people like Lisa Miller have to resort to fleeing the country to escape the aftermath of gay marriage in order to keep her young daughter from being taken from her. A corrupt gay-sympathizer judge awarded custody of this woman's daughter to her ex-partner, who had only been with the child a year, and had no relation to her. Miller found Christ, gave up homosexuality, and left her lesbian partner behind, only for that woman to successfully sue to have Miller's biological child yanked from her arms. Gay marriage did this. This is the wide-scale legal ramifications of gay marriage.

Lisa Miller, in whatever country she's hiding out in, will be immediately arrested if found. And her motherhood will be no more, all because of the aftermath of "marriage equality".

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#200
Apr 5, 2013
 
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Governments impose laws,doctrines, provisions, and statutes which aim to steer it's peoples into conduct which it deems good and productive (like responsible procreation and childrearing).

So where is the law requiring only married couples to procreate? Where are the laws banning living "in sin"?

[QUOTE]Laws are not just there to restrict people harming each other.
They SHOULD be.
When people are left to their own devices, without reliable doctrines to reign them in in their conduct, and without ethically-placed leaders to assign and enforce those doctrines, it can only degenerate to anarchy.
So the reason you live on the "straight and narrow" is because of the law? Not because you WANT to live that way, but out of FEAR?
...
Same-sex marriage harms me
Prove it. Show legal demonstrable harm to you or violation of a legally superior right of yours.(In case you don't know what a superior right is, I'll give an example: You have the right to travel freely throughout the country, and I have the right to have my private property free of trespassers. My property rights are superior to your travel rights.)
and I'm not even marrying a person of the same sex. The slippery slope it forms puts our cultural footing on an irresistable, downward gradient which leads only to a cesspool - an anything-goes realm of deviant expression, where practitioners of all other "alternative lifestyles" are greatly empowered with the official desanctification and degredation of the nuclear family. A guy in Cincinatti, in the process of being convicted on a charge relating to a long, incestuous relationship with his daughter, copped the same talking points people use to justify gay marriage: "committment" and "Consent".
Same sex marriage harms me because I have loved one's in public schools who will be taught same-sex relationships are a normal, healthy alternative when gay marriage forms the official government sanctifying of these unions.
Seems to me that's not the gays harming anyone, but the school may be. Maybe the government shouldn't be "teaching" ANYTHING in regards to marriage.
I don't want my loved ones given a positive endorsement of a demonstrably disordered, extremely unhealthy lifestyle.
Oh, but it's OK to endorse an institution that has a 50% failure rate, and untold amounts of domestic violence... that's so much more wholesome.

On the other hand, I hear a lot of you people are homeschooling. Maybe you should try it. Then you'll have much more of the "control" over someone else that you so desperately crave.
Same sex marriage hurts me, because once bestowed that recognition, it will criminalize dissagreement with it in the public square.
Really? We haven't criminalized disagreement with hetero-marriage in the public square.
As a person of faith, I cannot affirm and endorse exemplars of such immorality.
Nobody is requiring you to affirm or endorse anything. The constitution does guarantee that the government won't force anyone's religion down our throats though.
I will be dragged into costly legal battles when this standard is set.
Who is going to drag you to court?
Gay marriage hurts me, because I am part of the Body of society, and I feel the hurt when people like Lisa Miller have to resort to fleeing the country to escape the aftermath of gay marriage in order to keep her young daughter from being taken from her.
Her daughter was taken from her because she refused to allow court ordered visitation, and failing to comply with court orders has led to MANY rulings of removal of custody from the offending parent, even among hetero couples. It's a fallacy to call this a gay-marriage issue. They were married at the time the child was born, so legally, it was both of theirs, same as if she'd been married to a man and was artificially inseminated.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#201
Apr 5, 2013
 
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Governments impose laws,doctrines, provisions, and statutes which aim to steer it's peoples into conduct which it deems good and productive (like responsible procreation and childrearing).[QUOTE]
So where is the law requiring only married couples to procreate? Where are the laws banning living "in sin"?
[QUOTE]Laws are not just there to restrict people harming each other.
They SHOULD be.
When people are left to their own devices, without reliable doctrines to reign them in in their conduct, and without ethically-placed leaders to assign and enforce those doctrines, it can only degenerate to anarchy.
So the reason you live on the "straight and narrow" is because of the law? Not because you WANT to live that way, but out of FEAR?
...
Same-sex marriage harms me
Prove it. Show legal demonstrable harm to you or violation of a legally superior right of yours.(In case you don't know what a superior right is, I'll give an example: You have the right to travel freely throughout the country, and I have the right to have my private property free of trespassers. My property rights are superior to your travel rights.)
and I'm not even marrying a person of the same sex. The slippery slope it forms puts our cultural footing on an irresistable, downward gradient which leads only to a cesspool - an anything-goes realm of deviant expression, where practitioners of all other "alternative lifestyles" are greatly empowered with the official desanctification and degredation of the nuclear family. A guy in Cincinatti, in the process of being convicted on a charge relating to a long, incestuous relationship with his daughter, copped the same talking points people use to justify gay marriage: "committment" and "Consent".
Same sex marriage harms me because I have loved one's in public schools who will be taught same-sex relationships are a normal, healthy alternative when gay marriage forms the official government sanctifying of these unions.
Seems to me that's not the gays harming anyone, but the school may be. Maybe the government shouldn't be "teaching" ANYTHING in regards to marriage.
I don't want my loved ones given a positive endorsement of a demonstrably disordered, extremely unhealthy lifestyle.
Oh, but it's OK to endorse an institution that has a 50% failure rate, and untold amounts of domestic violence... that's so much more wholesome.

On the other hand, I hear a lot of you people are homeschooling. Maybe you should try it. Then you'll have much more of the "control" over someone else that you so desperately crave.
Same sex marriage hurts me, because once bestowed that recognition, it will criminalize dissagreement with it in the public square.
Really? We haven't criminalized disagreement with hetero-marriage in the public square.
As a person of faith, I cannot affirm and endorse exemplars of such immorality.
Nobody is requiring you to affirm or endorse anything. The constitution does guarantee that the government won't force anyone's religion down our throats though.
I will be dragged into costly legal battles when this standard is set.
Who is going to drag you to court?
Gay marriage hurts me, because I am part of the Body of society, and I feel the hurt when people like Lisa Miller have to resort to fleeing the country to escape the aftermath of gay marriage in order to keep her young daughter from being taken from her.
Her daughter was taken from her because she refused to allow court ordered visitation, and failing to comply with court orders has led to MANY rulings of removal of custody from the offending parent, even among hetero couples. It's a fallacy to call this a gay-marriage issue. They were married at the time the child was born, so legally, it was both of theirs, same as if she'd been married to a man and was artificially inseminated.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203
Apr 5, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Lisa Miller belongs in jail.
woof
No doubt in your mind for leaving the homosexual lifestyle.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#205
Apr 5, 2013
 
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think you can see into my mind, Mark?
She belongs in jail for violating a court order.
woof
I'd like to write her a check.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 min d pantz 2,920
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr ino 29,386
Do You Agree With GOP Plan To Abolish Social Se... 3 hr d pantz 22
palin: americans will support impeachment if...... 5 hr Duke for Mayor 42
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 5 hr Duke for Mayor 16
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 5 hr Curmudgeon 844
Franklin County Looking At Probation Officer Co... 6 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••