Are you in favor of a ban on assault style rifles?

Created by American Patriot on Jan 12, 2013

364 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#143 Jan 15, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson lll wrote:
<quoted text>
I will too! I'm the REAL King Troll here!
You're soon to be an ex-troll.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#145 Jan 15, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
They are criminals because they are lazy. Lazy doesn't always equal stupid.
I didn't say they were stupid, just not that smart. That's why the prisons are full.

Most B&Es take place when no one is home.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#146 Jan 15, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me that you are not that smart. Take the house with no gun. Bring your own and you have total control. Just because you think they are not smart does not mean they don't think ahead moron!

If criminals thought ahead, they wouldn't be criminals.
Spookhere F trolls

Detroit, MI

#147 Jan 15, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say they were stupid, just not that smart. That's why the prisons are full.
Home invasions or B&E with hostages is on the rise.

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#148 Jan 15, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me that you are not that smart. Take the house with no gun. Bring your own and you have total control. Just because you think they are not smart does not mean they don't think ahead moron!
As I stated earlier, having a gun in the home doesn't equate to properly using it in such a situation. There are very few on here who actually could. The biggest talkers would be the first to hide under the covers and send their wife or kids to go check on things.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2013/jan/09/3/home...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#149 Jan 15, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
If criminals thought ahead, they wouldn't be criminals.
If they commit the offense when no one is home, doesn't that mean they thought ahead?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#150 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
More people are home because they lost their jobs or had their hours cut.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#151 Jan 15, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
If they commit the offense when no one is home, doesn't that mean they thought ahead?
Thinking just past your nose isn't the same as thinking of the ultimate consequences of your actions.

Does that REALLY have to be spelled out?

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Location hidden

#152 Jan 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Agreed, but they are still a tiny percentage of total B&Es.

Most thefts are for drug money. Sooner or later the perp is gonna sell his gun for more drug money. And a true thief won't take a gun with him unless it's an extraordinary situation. He will certainly steal one if he's got a buyer or thinks he will. But the true thief will very rarely use one on the job, and won't get hooked on drugs.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#153 Jan 15, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking just past your nose isn't the same as thinking of the ultimate consequences of your actions.
Does that REALLY have to be spelled out?
Then what was your point?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#157 Jan 16, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you establish that "hot burglaries" are deterred by the risk of being shot?
There are many risks associated with entering a home when there are people inside. Getting shot is only one. There is also the risk of being seen and identified, or simply being interrupted before the objective (theft) can be carried out.\
There are many good reasons (from a thief's point of view) to avoid entering homes with people in them--armed or not.
you are one stupid woman.

humans climb obstacles everyday to achieve something.

confronting the obstacle of a door that is not yours; and knowing it is a very good possibility if you open that door your head is blown off, stops more crime than anything else.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#159 Jan 16, 2013
Kosmik wrote:
Not in favor of weapons bans, rather people bans. There should be intense emotional and psychological scrutiny before one should be permitted to own or have access to a weapon.
Stalin was able to get people he accused of opposing the state to confess and beg for their execution, the jews running the American media apparently have done the same thing on a grand scale with the American population, These people hate you and your family and everything you stand for and that is why they want to disarm you and that is the only reason they want to disarm you. see you tube the rise of political correctness or how nations die.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#161 Jan 16, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you are one stupid woman.
humans climb obstacles everyday to achieve something.
confronting the obstacle of a door that is not yours; and knowing it is a very good possibility if you open that door your head is blown off, stops more crime than anything else.
Good reason not to break into houses when people are home.

Location hidden

#162 Jan 16, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dealing with a person who thinks that an insurrection is impossible in the US, but denies the obvious fact that 12 years later the Taliban are not defeated.
I don't think insurrection is impossible.

Just extremely unlikely. The conditions aren't here. And all you folks who seem to think insurrection will just happen, and you can just show up waving your weapon in victory are incredibly naive.

And frankly, in good position to be fleeced by folks who make their money selling weapons.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#163 Jan 16, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think insurrection is impossible.
Just extremely unlikely. The conditions aren't here. And all you folks who seem to think insurrection will just happen, and you can just show up waving your weapon in victory are incredibly naive.
And frankly, in good position to be fleeced by folks who make their money selling weapons.
It's Uncle Sam who is fleecing us.
No firearm is ever a bad investment.

Columbus, OH

#164 Jan 16, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Most instructors don't recommend that you clear out a house by yourself when there are intruders. You are recommended to gather all residents in one room and call 911, that way you are in a defensive position which is tactically superior.
Precisely, that's not what all the wannabe tough guys are stating.

Columbus, OH

#165 Jan 16, 2013
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>Stalin was able to get people he accused of opposing the state to confess and beg for their execution, the jews running the American media apparently have done the same thing on a grand scale with the American population, These people hate you and your family and everything you stand for and that is why they want to disarm you and that is the only reason they want to disarm you. see you tube the rise of political correctness or how nations die.
Still spouting the little Shrubs lies and mixing it in with cold war rhetoric.

Oww, I'm terrified.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#167 Jan 16, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurrection, quite plainly, has already begun. The people that sent white powder and alleged death threats to Journal News employees, and hacked into their computers, have commmitted multiple felonies that would lead to decades in the federal pen.
And they won the political battle, the data is now off limits in NY.
I don't think people will wave around weapons, that isn't how guerilla warfare works. The "partisan sniper" is what will happen.
What is a "partisan sniper?"

Location hidden

#168 Jan 16, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurrection, quite plainly, has already begun. The people that sent white powder and alleged death threats to Journal News employees, and hacked into their computers, have commmitted multiple felonies that would lead to decades in the federal pen.
And they won the political battle, the data is now off limits in NY.
I don't think people will wave around weapons, that isn't how guerilla warfare works. The "partisan sniper" is what will happen.
You may recall that people sent white powder to a variety of people, for a variety of reasons following 9-11. I wouldn't call that an insurrection, though.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#169 Jan 16, 2013
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, that's not what all the wannabe tough guys are stating.
Defense is where toughness lies, who has said otherwise?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
happy thanksgiving everyone! 19 min BizzyBee 6
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 33 min Black Rhino 376
Ferguson Protest 1 hr Neutral Party 6
Protest Tomorrow Night 2 hr Neutral Party 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Neutral Party 4,628
Wilson 's "injuries" 3 hr Neutral Party 32
About 200 march peacefully in Columbus to prote... 8 hr Oliver Canterbury 5
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 19 hr Cosgrove 2,522
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:03 pm PST

ESPN 2:03PM
RB Jackson to Whitner: Don't talk down to Bills