Are you in favor of a ban on assault style rifles?

Created by American Patriot on Jan 12, 2013

365 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Sep 10

Columbus, OH

#94 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What war are you anticipating?
Please explain the sorts of criminal scenarios that you envision that would require individual ownership of assault weapons for protection.
Um, maybe someone will break in to steal his sativa/indica stash.
hey hey now

Columbus, OH

#95 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What war are you anticipating?
Please explain the sorts of criminal scenarios that you envision that would require individual ownership of assault weapons for protection.
Well,sh^t for brains, ask Reginald Denny. And another thing, your wrong notions do not trump a Constitutional right.
Adif understanding

United States

#96 Jan 14, 2013
hey hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Well,sh^t for brains, ask Reginald Denny. And another thing, your wrong notions do not trump a Constitutional right.
You don't have to go that far. Someone intent on killing you with a knife is enough to justify an assault riffle.

I simply do not understand these people who claim violence is bad but insist those bent on killing someone (taking a human life) deserves a fighting chance. Perhaps if they though there would be no chance, they wouldn't act at all on the compulsion to kill people. Who is it that think they know how much self defense capability another person should be allowed to possess? I mean seriously, do they know for certain that the person breaking into your home at 3 in the morning is alone? or do they not care that there may be 3 or 4 of them and they won't all go down on the first shot?
WiseAmerican

Elyria, OH

#97 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
Hey Latifah, where are the black leaders in black communities downplaying the violence in those areas? Better yet, what are YOU doing other than posting here if in fact you are black!?
Let's talk single parents, domestic violence and a whole slew of crap that infects that area!
That's right, you have a right to call folks names and you don't do squat!
Can I get a witness!?
The black leaders have either been killed in the 70's by Hoover's COINTELPRO, or in prison for life on a robbery charge or trumped up murder beef. These suit wearing pseudo intellectuals, have never been 10 blocks of a Windsor Terrence or near east urban 'Hood '.
Besides, with 80% female headed households in those areas, a real man is not going to be tolerated by the cops or the hardheaded teens who think they're gangsters. First thing that need to be done is confiscating all the stolen guns from these black youth. That, will cut the crime rate considerably.
WiseAmerican

Elyria, OH

#98 Jan 14, 2013
hey hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Well,sh^t for brains, ask Reginald Denny. And another thing, your wrong notions do not trump a Constitutional right.
Unless Denny had a means of escape ,had he fired a gun, the neighborhood thugs would've chased him down after his bullets were used up. That area of L.A. is loaded with at least 10 different Crip gang sets.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#99 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
For instance, I have long suspect that you are really a wealthy woman in a mansion, surrounded by Afghan hounds.
LOL.
Reader made a funny. That's worth a laugh.
Interesting fact: The Afghan hound is the least intelligent dog.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.
Beezer DeLuxe

Cantonment, FL

#100 Jan 14, 2013
I'm in favor of a ban on crazy style people.

Columbus, OH

#101 Jan 14, 2013
Beezer DeLuxe wrote:
I'm in favor of a ban on crazy style people.
Let's start with you.
Robert

Lees Summit, MO

#102 Jan 14, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns with that magazine size have been around since before the 1920s.
The original Colt AR-15s were around back then, they originally had 20 rounders.
There were some FALs imported from Belgium and in the late 70s the HK41 (HK91) showed up.
There were also Valmets from Finland, based off of the AK system.
I wasn't around back then, but there are a lot of designs that went extinct because of HW Bush's 1989 import ban.
Now what was really cool from back then was the American-180.
Prior to 1986, you could acquire new machine guns through the NFA rules. You still can get the old ones, but they cost piles of cash.
The cheapest are Mac-10s at 4K.
You can still get short barrelled rifles and shotguns, along with silencers (a misnomer, the correct term is suppressor) after filling out Form 4, the signoff of the sheriff/chief (which they must legally sign off on if you are not legally barred from owning) and sending 200 bucks for the tax stamp and FBI background check.
AR 15's back in the 20's? Really? How about 1963!
Robert

Lees Summit, MO

#103 Jan 14, 2013
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, maybe someone will break in to steal his sativa/indica stash.
Maybe instead of one person that break's in it is 4 committing a home invasion. Assault rifle would come in handy. I would rather have a Colt Sporter vs. a six shooter. At least with a 30 or 50 round magazine you could do like the Air Marshals do - shoot until they stop moving!!!

Columbus, OH

#104 Jan 14, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe instead of one person that break's in it is 4 committing a home invasion. Assault rifle would come in handy. I would rather have a Colt Sporter vs. a six shooter. At least with a 30 or 50 round magazine you could do like the Air Marshals do - shoot until they stop moving!!!
I was joking about the sativa/indica guy, sort of.

I'm in favor of what the Swedes, I believe do. Mandatory possession of firearms in the home for both home defense and national defense. We have not reached the evolutionary step that will allow us to be without means of death. Until such time, I like the idea of the innocent being armed and well trained.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#105 Jan 14, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it will be 12 martians driving a herd of cattle. Better just blow the whole house up. Just build in a total self-destruct button with a remote you can carry in your pocket.

Columbus, OH

#106 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it will be 12 martians driving a herd of cattle. Better just blow the whole house up. Just build in a total self-destruct button with a remote you can carry in your pocket.
Home invasion robberies do occur and more frequently than we are told. Unfortunately that necessitates the need for protection. Although in nearly every case where there was a weapon or weapons in the home, the invaders usually get them.

Sativa/indica, I suspect, is just trying to guard his grow.

Location hidden

#107 Jan 14, 2013
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
Home invasion robberies do occur and more frequently than we are told. Unfortunately that necessitates the need for protection. Although in nearly every case where there was a weapon or weapons in the home, the invaders usually get them.
Sativa/indica, I suspect, is just trying to guard his grow.
Interesting, I've been thinking about the Zimmerman case. George, and some of his neighbors, seem to think that they had solid information that the "rash" of break-ins were all, or mostly all, carried out by young black men. No mention of whether any were armed.

Can't say that burglars are never armed. Certainly some must be. But folks who do B&Es are certainly more concerned with getting in and out quickly, with as much stuff as possible.

One of my personal arguments against getting and keeping a gun in the house has always been the likelihood of it being used AGAINST us, in addition to the inherent dangers of accidents and so forth. But, I wonder in how many cases a gun is even truly helpful in the case of a break-in.

Columbus, OH

#110 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, I've been thinking about the Zimmerman case. George, and some of his neighbors, seem to think that they had solid information that the "rash" of break-ins were all, or mostly all, carried out by young black men. No mention of whether any were armed.
Can't say that burglars are never armed. Certainly some must be. But folks who do B&Es are certainly more concerned with getting in and out quickly, with as much stuff as possible.
One of my personal arguments against getting and keeping a gun in the house has always been the likelihood of it being used AGAINST us, in addition to the inherent dangers of accidents and so forth. But, I wonder in how many cases a gun is even truly helpful in the case of a break-in.
Once again we get to theoretical vs. reality.

Theoretically a well armed, well trained home should be able to protect itself in such an emergency. The truth is, there is a very low percentage of people who actually possess the mental ability to stay calm, rational and on the ball.

Most of the loudmouth gun nuts on here would shoot themselves or their family, if they could even get to the weapon, in the case of an emergency.

I've had a bit of arms training and live fire exercises, I'm pretty confident I could get through nearly any situation calmly. I'm guessing less than 15-20% of the population could or would.

Columbus, OH

#114 Jan 14, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Swiss, the Swedes do not issue arms to the general population, only to the National Guard equivalent that is part-time and stores some at home or in the local armory.
Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was a European country that started with 'sw'

The rural Swedes are pretty heavily armed but it's mostly for hunting purposes.

Columbus, OH

#115 Jan 14, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the NRA's "Armed Citizen"
"hot burglaries" are not common in this country, due to the risk of being shot. Most are carried out when the burglar knows that no one is around, usually when on vacation.
Alarm systems are surprisingly easy to disable. Large dogs are training dependent, and are autonomous, which firearms are not.
Taking only the information provided by the NRA on a gun related issue is the equivalent to only listening to the Shell Answer Man on the question of fossil fuel and the environment.
Adif understanding

United States

#117 Jan 15, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Unless Denny had a means of escape ,had he fired a gun, the neighborhood thugs would've chased him down after his bullets were used up. That area of L.A. is loaded with at least 10 different Crip gang sets.
I remember watching video of the korean markets where the looters and rioters were headed to and when they saw the shop owners on the roof with guns, the entire mob turned away leaving them untouched. The gangs didn't attack the guy, idiots pissed at someone else entirely did.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#118 Jan 15, 2013
Latifah wrote:
Yes.
Who needs a Machine Gun?
Unstable and angry White Males like Adam Lanza and John Holmes are using them to kill people in theatres and schools.
There are too many guns on the streets and too many young men are being killed on a daily basis in gang violence (Windsor Terrace Posse) in the area where I grew up.
if enough are killed....the problem solves itself.

maybe pallets of ammo need dropped off on street corners in the hood to expedite the process?

Location hidden

#120 Jan 15, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the Remington Model 8
Score 0 for reading comprehension, another fine product of the public schools!
Were you educated privately?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A band named Victim from around 2000-2001 (Jun '10) 5 min Victims lead sing... 24
News Rolling Stones announce stadium tour, Columbus ... 6 min Better Call Saul 4
MRSA Cure: 1000 Year Old Anglo Saxon Potion 15 min Brice N Livingston 6
Crossville, TN Topix moderators are deleting Co... 23 min They cannot kill ... 17
Titanic Movie 1 hr One Oh Six IQ 2
Black Nebraska senator compares police to ISIS 1 hr One Oh Six IQ 36
Lib Hissyfit after Baker Refuses G8y Wedding Ca... (Jul '12) 2 hr Poofs 218
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]