Are you in favor of a ban on assault style rifles?

Created by American Patriot on Jan 12, 2013

364 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#74 Jan 14, 2013
Latifah wrote:
<quoted text>
Move where?
Into a White racist neighborhood where there are people like you, Babs, Glitter, Spook and Hugh 3 that hate me? I'm better off around my home girls and folks I know. There are many good people living at Windsor Terrace. Besides I still need Section 8 help so my options are limited if I like to be around people that look like me.
Fight the good fight, L. I hope that you are on an upward pathway and will one day no longer need Section 8. I also hope that you are able to maintain your viewpoint of attempting to improve neighborhood conditions rather than fleeing from them.

Location hidden

#75 Jan 14, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Because you ask for it with the attitude that you have.I will think of you today when I go shopping and buy all of the good food for me and the kitties that I WORKED hard for instead of holding out my hand and demanding more freebies like you do.Have fun today getting walked on at your job because you refuse to carry your own weight which you admitted that you have plenty of.I will eat a big fat steak tonight just for you.Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!.
Dave, I don't think that there is a need to be mean. Latifah could well be experiencing what she describes. There are certainly plenty of folks who post here who see a heavy black woman and automatically think "lazy" (or entitled, freeloading, shiftless, slutty, immoral--and a whole lot of other things). Why would you believe that the rest of the world is any different?

I personally hope that Latifah can rack up enough experience in her job to be able to have some better options. Not every white man in a position of authority is an idiot. But some are. And when someone is on the bottom, they typically have few options for movement.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#76 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What war are you anticipating?
Please explain the sorts of criminal scenarios that you envision that would require individual ownership of assault weapons for protection.
For the same reasons the police need them, since they can't be everywhere at once.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#77 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I don't think that there is a need to be mean. Latifah could well be experiencing what she describes. There are certainly plenty of folks who post here who see a heavy black woman and automatically think "lazy" (or entitled, freeloading, shiftless, slutty, immoral--and a whole lot of other things). Why would you believe that the rest of the world is any different?
I personally hope that Latifah can rack up enough experience in her job to be able to have some better options. Not every white man in a position of authority is an idiot. But some are. And when someone is on the bottom, they typically have few options for movement.
I understand,but if I was late for work and took too much time on my breaks,I would be fired.When she changes her poor me attitude,then maybe things will change for her.No employer in the world will deal with an attitude like hers for one minute.
Latifah

Springboro, OH

#78 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Fight the good fight, L. I hope that you are on an upward pathway and will one day no longer need Section 8. I also hope that you are able to maintain your viewpoint of attempting to improve neighborhood conditions rather than fleeing from them.
Thank you for your kind words Reader.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#79 Jan 14, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>...No employer in the world -- EXCEPT FOR LOCAL, STATE & FEDERAL GOVERNMENT -- will deal with an attitude like hers for one minute.
All better.

Location hidden

#80 Jan 14, 2013
Latifah wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words Reader.
Maybe Reader can hook you up with a taxpayer-funded job for life.
Spookhere F trolls

Detroit, MI

#81 Jan 14, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
All better.
Welcome back.

Location hidden

#82 Jan 14, 2013
Spookhere F trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back.
Thanks.
VADoc

United States

#83 Jan 14, 2013
Wow if laitfah acts at her job even close to how she acts on here it's no wonder she doesn't get along with her boss.

Maybe your boss is racist. What have you done about it? I know affirmative action has so many employers so frightened of law suits that they investigate even the most ridiculous claims. I'm guessing there is no racism and you simply are a sub par employee and it's easier to play the race card than admit that you could perform better.

Reminds me of a secretary at a hospital I once worked at. She was of color and a little overweight. She was moved to 3 different offices over a period of 3 years. She was always late for work. Took over an hour for lunch each day instead of the normal 30 allowed. She also took several breaks a day instead of the normal 15 minute break every 4 hours. She was also rude to other staff and patients. She also thought surfing online was much easier than doing her job scheduling and checking in patients.

Each time she got wrote up she ranted and raved about the supervisor being racist. They finally stuck her with a black supervisor. Guess what she still performed sub par and was fired. She threatened to sue the hospital and called the elderly black lady who was her a supervisor an "uncle time house n word" in front of a room full of patients and staff.

“Hey, Sarge!”

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#84 Jan 14, 2013
VADoc wrote:
Wow if laitfah acts at her job even close to how she acts on here it's no wonder she doesn't get along with her boss.

Maybe your boss is racist. What have you done about it? I know affirmative action has so many employers so frightened of law suits that they investigate even the most ridiculous claims. I'm guessing there is no racism and you simply are a sub par employee and it's easier to play the race card than admit that you could perform better.

Reminds me of a secretary at a hospital I once worked at. She was of color and a little overweight. She was moved to 3 different offices over a period of 3 years. She was always late for work. Took over an hour for lunch each day instead of the normal 30 allowed. She also took several breaks a day instead of the normal 15 minute break every 4 hours. She was also rude to other staff and patients. She also thought surfing online was much easier than doing her job scheduling and checking in patients.

Each time she got wrote up she ranted and raved about the supervisor being racist. They finally stuck her with a black supervisor. Guess what she still performed sub par and was fired. She threatened to sue the hospital and called the elderly black lady who was her a supervisor an "uncle time house n word" in front of a room full of patients and staff.
I am sure you meant, "Uncle Tom".
Typical...
Babs

Valley City, OH

#85 Jan 14, 2013
VADoc wrote:
Which just went to show who the true racist was.

Location hidden

#86 Jan 14, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>I understand,but if I was late for work and took too much time on my breaks,I would be fired.When she changes her poor me attitude,then maybe things will change for her.No employer in the world will deal with an attitude like hers for one minute.
I don't know, Dave. Pretty hard to know how she presents herself at work. We know that there are a whole bunch of well-educated professional white men who post here who would have some real employment issues if they acted at work the way that they act here.

And we know even less about her boss. He could easily be a jerk who plays favorites. We have certainly all known them.

Rather than beating up on Latifah for things we really don't know, I would rather leave it at "suck it up, it gets better."

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#87 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, Dave. Pretty hard to know how she presents herself at work. We know that there are a whole bunch of well-educated professional white men who post here who would have some real employment issues if they acted at work the way that they act here.
And we know even less about her boss. He could easily be a jerk who plays favorites. We have certainly all known them.
Rather than beating up on Latifah for things we really don't know, I would rather leave it at "suck it up, it gets better."
And what we know even less is if this person is even for real or even black.She, or it could be playing us like a fiddle.You know the Topix game by now.Probably half of the posters on here are nothing close to what they say they are.It's just a game,something to pass the time,right?

Location hidden

#88 Jan 14, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>And what we know even less is if this person is even for real or even black.She, or it could be playing us like a fiddle.You know the Topix game by now.Probably half of the posters on here are nothing close to what they say they are.It's just a game,something to pass the time,right?
Yeah.

For instance, I have long suspect that you are really a wealthy woman in a mansion, surrounded by Afghan hounds.

LOL.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#89 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
For instance, I have long suspect that you are really a wealthy woman in a mansion, surrounded by Afghan hounds.
LOL.
Now that there was funny!.No,I'm just Dave enjoying my winter vacation with my 7 cats and all of these movies that I cant stop buying.I think it's a "late life crisis",and I'm going down memory lane.

“Equip 2 Conceal”

Since: Dec 12

Tampa, FL

#90 Jan 14, 2013

“Hey, Sarge!”

Since: Dec 10

The Milky Way

#91 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.

LOL.
Catman is not a woman!
However, I think Latifah is a man. You know me Reader. I think something is amiss...

Location hidden

#92 Jan 14, 2013
Boomer7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catman is not a woman!
However, I think Latifah is a man. You know me Reader. I think something is amiss...
Frankly, I am skeptical of anyone who posts with a name like Latifah. Generally it's some white man doing a vaudeville act. But, it this case, either it's someone being deliberately subtle, or someone genuine.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#93 Jan 14, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, I am skeptical of anyone who posts with a name like Latifah. Generally it's some white man doing a vaudeville act. But, it this case, either it's someone being deliberately subtle, or someone genuine.
I thought it was you ... regardless, I also suspected it as being a fake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola in America 3 hr Oliver Canterbury 10
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 3 hr Oliver Canterbury 36
Woman Behind Columbus Ebola Hoax Faces $2,800 Bill 4 hr Oliver Canterbury 4
Lawyer booked on charges he stole from guardian... 5 hr Silna 17
President Ebola 5 hr Duke for Mayor 658
Good morning BizzyBee and friends 5 hr They cannot kill ... 18
destiny Gilliam/benbrook 6 hr justagirl 15
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs