The life of Billy Milligan | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Feb. 14: William Stanley Morrison is born in Miami. 1960 Jan. 18: Billy's father, John Morrison, kills himself.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jan 18, 2013
Vicki

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

I have been facinated with MPD/DID for some time. My father used to work at Millcreek Psychiatric Center in Hamilton Ohio as well as Pauline Warfield Lewis Center also in Hamilton Ohio. I,ve seen a young lady in group therapy and she was the only one in the group. Now I help care for a friend who has MPD. It's a bit tough but i've learned to identify which personality is out. I treat them all as equals. She has 18 personalities that I know of at this point. Tomy is the only male and he is 11 yrs old. He was the first one created and is smart and strong. There are 6 children total and 12 adults. My friend has had a terrible childhood. Noone deserves what she has gone through. Nobody! I now have her going to doctors that understand MPD..if they have no clue about it, I have no use for them. This is about my friend and her only. I have nothing to gain from this but a good friend. I've kept up with Billy Milligan for quite sometime now. It facinates me how the mind works and what it can do to protect us in its own way. I have Billy's book, Minds of Billy Milligan and ive been trying to find The Crowded Room. From what i understand from some of the doctors is that they don't fuse them together anymore. I realized each and everyone are ceated for a reason. Thanks Vicki
David Foraker

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

I attandend Lancaster High school with Billy. Billy is a great artist and conman. Alway looking for an edge. As far as different personalities i'm skeptical. I think he's a good actor.
jimmy

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

F. Billy Milligan.---TWICE!
jimmy

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Judged:

Vicki wrote:
I have been facinated with MPD/DID for some time. My father used to work at Millcreek Psychiatric Center in Hamilton Ohio as well as Pauline Warfield Lewis Center also in Hamilton Ohio. I,ve seen a young lady in group therapy and she was the only one in the group. Now I help care for a friend who has MPD. It's a bit tough but i've learned to identify which personality is out. I treat them all as equals. She has 18 personalities that I know of at this point. Tomy is the only male and he is 11 yrs old. He was the first one created and is smart and strong. There are 6 children total and 12 adults. My friend has had a terrible childhood. Noone deserves what she has gone through. Nobody! I now have her going to doctors that understand MPD..if they have no clue about it, I have no use for them. This is about my friend and her only. I have nothing to gain from this but a good friend. I've kept up with Billy Milligan for quite sometime now. It facinates me how the mind works and what it can do to protect us in its own way. I have Billy's book, Minds of Billy Milligan and ive been trying to find The Crowded Room. From what i understand from some of the doctors is that they don't fuse them together anymore. I realized each and everyone are ceated for a reason. Thanks Vicki
Yeah everyone is created for a reason. Some are specially created to commit sly, clever and horrible crimes against the good people.
ray

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Judged:

jimmy wrote:
F. Billy Milligan.---TWICE!
Yeah really, help him, study him, try to cure him, but keep him off our streets.
jimmy

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

How much longer
bdh

Keego Harbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Read the book Jimmy before you type again. Jackass
Chris

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

No body likes billy. Nobody wants to know bout billy. And noboby is going to waste their time readi bout Billy. Billy can go to hell.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

bdh wrote:
Read the book Jimmy before you type again. Jackass
Whys Jimmy got to be a Jackass.You don't have to read the book. This man clearly don't belong running around free.Clearly dear your are definding a monster.That pretty much makes you a dumb ass.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

Chris wrote:
No body likes billy. Nobody wants to know bout billy. And noboby is going to waste their time readi bout Billy. Billy can go to hell.
Aman Chris ! But you forgot to post
----------> and rot there!
Chris

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Put up a picture of Billy.
Donna Seth

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

While taking a graduate course in abnormal psychology, I had the chance to watched a filmed treatment session of Billy Milligan. At the beginning, I wasn't sure wat I thought of the dx of multiple personality. After watching him for a half hour during which time he presented three personalities, I found myself convinced of the dx. At this point in his treatment, it was able for the pschologist to call out a personality by name. It was the Russian, and he seemed unsured of where he was or who those in the room were and anxiously scanned the room. Facial expressions chanced as did body language. He actually looked bigger. Later in like I became an adjudicator for social security, researced and judged DD claims. It was seeing Billy though only on film that firmly convinced me of the existance of this disorder..Most of the claims I allowed were based on the anxiety it produces and the inability to work with others and to keep a acceptable schedule.
Alice

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Donna Seth wrote:
While taking a graduate course in abnormal psychology, I had the chance to watched a filmed treatment session of Billy Milligan. At the beginning, I wasn't sure wat I thought of the dx of multiple personality. After watching him for a half hour during which time he presented three personalities, I found myself convinced of the dx. At this point in his treatment, it was able for the pschologist to call out a personality by name. It was the Russian, and he seemed unsured of where he was or who those in the room were and anxiously scanned the room. Facial expressions chanced as did body language. He actually looked bigger. Later in like I became an adjudicator for social security, researced and judged DD claims. It was seeing Billy though only on film that firmly convinced me of the existance of this disorder..Most of the claims I allowed were based on the anxiety it produces and the inability to work with others and to keep a acceptable schedule.
do you have any idea how i could get my hands on this video? I've been so drawn in by the book i'm extremely eager to know more about this mad and any info regarding him!
Tony

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Will someone please tell me a little about Billy. I recall the name but, I grew up in another area of the country. I can't recall much other than his name.

Did he write the books?
Meee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Tony wrote:
Will someone please tell me a little about Billy. I recall the name but, I grew up in another area of the country. I can't recall much other than his name.
Did he write the books?
He grew up in cville, has,I believe, 35 personalities. Some are small children, some adults that have raped woman, one is a contortionist. It is a very interesting book. I too would love to see this video.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Exposing The Exposers: Repeat Offenders Can Be ... 37 min Oliver Canterberry 4
Ex-police officer expected to plead guilty in c... (Dec '12) 46 min Child please 8
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 53 min Canton 29,469
tmpbitl 3 hr bosco 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 3 hr Norm DePlume 2,227
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 4 hr d pantz 94
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 4 hr d pantz 51
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search