State gay marriage bans face largest ...

State gay marriage bans face largest attack yet

There are 52 comments on the WKYC-TV Cleveland story from Aug 3, 2014, titled State gay marriage bans face largest attack yet. In it, WKYC-TV Cleveland reports that:

State gay marriage bans face largest attack yet The broadest attack yet on states' gay marriage bans will be Wednesday in a packed courtroom in Cincinnati.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYC-TV Cleveland.

The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#37 Aug 13, 2014
Good Reverend wrote:
Plagiarized from Regent University
Tsk, tsk. Don't you know what your god has to say about stealing, bigot boy?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#38 Aug 13, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
These are the secrets the gay community does not want the rest of us to know.
You would know.
Casual Observer

Pickerington, OH

#39 Aug 14, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know.
'Big Johnson'...
Gee I wonder what side you are on?
Casual Observer

Pickerington, OH

#40 Aug 14, 2014
See, that's another thing we straight folks despise about gays like Big Johnson. Always with the innuendos that we are secretly gay. Or that we are gay but just don't know it yet. Or why don't we try it, we will like it. Or we close our eyes & pretend we are with a woman.
All of these tricks are pulled on our young boys in order for the older gays to have sex with them. Big Johnson knows this, he does it himself.
Less than 3% of the United States are gay. The remaining 97% are not 'in the closet'. The rest of us are not interested in that lifestyle nor are we attracted to the opposite sex. Period.
Somali guy

Columbus, OH

#41 Feb 5, 2015
Islam does not accept this life style
Somali guy

Columbus, OH

#42 Feb 5, 2015
Islam says no
Somali guy

Columbus, OH

#43 Feb 5, 2015
Casual Observer wrote:
See, that's another thing we straight folks despise about gays like Big Johnson. Always with the innuendos that we are secretly gay. Or that we are gay but just don't know it yet. Or why don't we try it, we will like it. Or we close our eyes & pretend we are with a woman.
All of these tricks are pulled on our young boys in order for the older gays to have sex with them. Big Johnson knows this, he does it himself.
Less than 3% of the United States are gay. The remaining 97% are not 'in the closet'. The rest of us are not interested in that lifestyle nor are we attracted to the opposite sex. Period.
Yes.
d pantz

Taylor, MI

#44 Feb 5, 2015
Why is the government involved at all? Just stop rewarding marriage with tax and insurance benefits and watch this whole group disappear because you know thats all they care about.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#45 Feb 7, 2015
Somali guy wrote:
Islam says no
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Junior X

Columbus, OH

#46 Feb 7, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
A penguin can't fly...What's your fckin point?
Feh

Columbus, OH

#47 Feb 7, 2015
The text should read, "The fudge-packed, fudge packee packed courtroom.." And bring in the industrial foggers becaude those sodom0ites stink to hell of feces-dick.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#48 Feb 7, 2015
Junior X wrote:
<quoted text>
A penguin can't fly...What's your fckin point?
Obama can't tell the truth. What's your point?
Pam

Marysville, OH

#49 Feb 7, 2015
passing by wrote:
<quoted text>It does say that, doesn't it? Do you abide by all those rules yourself, like it says you are supposed to, or are you just wanting to tell us that you found this one in a set of rules you ignore, but thought we should know about? Why? It certainly isn't a particularly Christlike act to be going around condemning folk for sins you're only fantasizing they might be committing, especially when you were giving a finger to the rest of those rules yourself.
You're free to believe whatever you want to read into your Bible or any other holy book of choice, those rights are protected in your self, your home and in your places of worship, beyond that your rights are protected as equal to everyone else's. Your version of God may not bless same sex marriages, that's sad, but it is what y'all want to believe and such is your right. When, in the next 5-10 months, same sex marriages become an equal right in every state, your version of God still won't be required to play along. Unless your reason for denying God's blessings to a couple with a state issued marriage license to solemnize is He being against race mixing, God's good to go on denying his blessings to any couple for any other reason, the state has no interest.
You do realize the Bible was written by God Himself?
Duke for Mayor

Kent, OH

#50 Feb 7, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize the Bible was written by God Himself?
Wow.

woof
Junior X

Columbus, OH

#51 Feb 8, 2015
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>Obama can't tell the truth. What's your point?
Yet he continues to grow the economy after the Bush debacle...

Pay attention, sheep.
Junior X

Columbus, OH

#52 Feb 8, 2015
Jesus wasn't a Christian.
Junior X

Columbus, OH

#53 Feb 8, 2015
Buddha wasn't a Buddhist.
Junior X

Columbus, OH

#54 Feb 8, 2015
Muhammad wasn't a Muslim.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#55 Feb 8, 2015
Casual Observer wrote:
See, that's another thing we straight folks despise about gays like Big Johnson. Always with the innuendos that we are secretly gay. Or that we are gay but just don't know it yet. Or why don't we try it, we will like it. Or we close our eyes & pretend we are with a woman........
Less than 3% of the United States are gay. The remaining 97% are not 'in the closet'. The rest of us are not interested in that lifestyle nor are we attracted to the opposite sex. Period.
You are missing the point. It has been show time and time again that people who seem to have very very strong feelings and ideas against gay folks they have never met just aren't that straight. We can ALL point to examples of this from government, and the extreme anti-gay fringe movements.

Why in the world would ANY healthy straight male spend ANY time thinking about what some gay guy is doing, or who they might be marrying. Why invest so much energy in something that doesn't concern any heterosexual?

It's often the "lady doth protest too much" syndrome. Many people who irrationally fear and hate gay folks are reacting to their own feelings for the same gender - feelings that they hate.

Adams HE, Wright LW, Lohr BA (August 1996). "Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?". J Abnorm Psychol 105 (3): 440–5. doi:10.1037/0021-843X.105.3.44 0. PMID 8772014.Summarized in an American Psychological Association press release, August 1996: "New Study Links Homophobia with Homosexual Arousal"
Pam

Marysville, OH

#56 Feb 8, 2015
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing the point. It has been show time and time again that people who seem to have very very strong feelings and ideas against gay folks they have never met just aren't that straight. We can ALL point to examples of this from government, and the extreme anti-gay fringe movements.
Why in the world would ANY healthy straight male spend ANY time thinking about what some gay guy is doing, or who they might be marrying. Why invest so much energy in something that doesn't concern any heterosexual?
It's often the "lady doth protest too much" syndrome. Many people who irrationally fear and hate gay folks are reacting to their own feelings for the same gender - feelings that they hate.
Adams HE, Wright LW, Lohr BA (August 1996). "Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal?". J Abnorm Psychol 105 (3): 440–5. doi:10.1037/0021-843X.105.3.44 0. PMID 8772014.Summarized in an American Psychological Association press release, August 1996: "New Study Links Homophobia with Homosexual Arousal"
In Genesis, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1st Amendment Violation, ACLU Only Group With B... 3 min every troll here ... 4
Deconstruction of the Administrative State 21 min Duke for Mayor 15
Keeps pushing and pushing.... 25 min BizzyBee 239
message for the 66 million who voted Hillary 37 min d pants 1
Kate Stienlie 1 hr Duke for Mayor 41
High Crimes and Misdemeanors 2 hr Duke for Mayor 154
Who is the Biggest Liar? 2 hr jonjedi 134
Demonic activity at Trump Rally 10 hr BizzyBee 60

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages