State gay marriage bans face largest ...

State gay marriage bans face largest attack yet

There are 52 comments on the WKYC-TV Cleveland story from Aug 3, 2014, titled State gay marriage bans face largest attack yet. In it, WKYC-TV Cleveland reports that:

State gay marriage bans face largest attack yet The broadest attack yet on states' gay marriage bans will be Wednesday in a packed courtroom in Cincinnati.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYC-TV Cleveland.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
passing by

Salina, KS

#3 Aug 4, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
No matter what men say, God says gay marriage is wrong per my Bible, "Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with woman kind,. It is an abomination"
It does say that, doesn't it? Do you abide by all those rules yourself, like it says you are supposed to, or are you just wanting to tell us that you found this one in a set of rules you ignore, but thought we should know about? Why? It certainly isn't a particularly Christlike act to be going around condemning folk for sins you're only fantasizing they might be committing, especially when you were giving a finger to the rest of those rules yourself.

You're free to believe whatever you want to read into your Bible or any other holy book of choice, those rights are protected in your self, your home and in your places of worship, beyond that your rights are protected as equal to everyone else's. Your version of God may not bless same sex marriages, that's sad, but it is what y'all want to believe and such is your right. When, in the next 5-10 months, same sex marriages become an equal right in every state, your version of God still won't be required to play along. Unless your reason for denying God's blessings to a couple with a state issued marriage license to solemnize is He being against race mixing, God's good to go on denying his blessings to any couple for any other reason, the state has no interest.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#4 Aug 8, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
No matter what men say, God says gay marriage is wrong per my Bible, "Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with woman kind,. It is an abomination"
I agree Oliver. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#5 Aug 8, 2014
passing by wrote:
<quoted text>It does say that, doesn't it? Do you abide by all those rules yourself, like it says you are supposed to, or are you just wanting to tell us that you found this one in a set of rules you ignore, but thought we should know about? Why? It certainly isn't a particularly Christlike act to be going around condemning folk for sins you're only fantasizing they might be committing, especially when you were giving a finger to the rest of those rules yourself.
You're free to believe whatever you want to read into your Bible or any other holy book of choice, those rights are protected in your self, your home and in your places of worship, beyond that your rights are protected as equal to everyone else's. Your version of God may not bless same sex marriages, that's sad, but it is what y'all want to believe and such is your right. When, in the next 5-10 months, same sex marriages become an equal right in every state, your version of God still won't be required to play along. Unless your reason for denying God's blessings to a couple with a state issued marriage license to solemnize is He being against race mixing, God's good to go on denying his blessings to any couple for any other reason, the state has no interest.
You liberals just can't handle the concept of God and natural law. What Oliver says is right, even if you liberals want to live in Sodom and Gomorrah which was destroyed by God himself.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#6 Aug 8, 2014
passing by wrote:
<quoted text>It does say that, doesn't it? Do you abide by all those rules yourself, like it says you are supposed to, or are you just wanting to tell us that you found this one in a set of rules you ignore, but thought we should know about? Why? It certainly isn't a particularly Christlike act to be going around condemning folk for sins you're only fantasizing they might be committing, especially when you were giving a finger to the rest of those rules yourself.
You're free to believe whatever you want to read into your Bible or any other holy book of choice, those rights are protected in your self, your home and in your places of worship, beyond that your rights are protected as equal to everyone else's. Your version of God may not bless same sex marriages, that's sad, but it is what y'all want to believe and such is your right. When, in the next 5-10 months, same sex marriages become an equal right in every state, your version of God still won't be required to play along. Unless your reason for denying God's blessings to a couple with a state issued marriage license to solemnize is He being against race mixing, God's good to go on denying his blessings to any couple for any other reason, the state has no interest.
Those are things (homosexuality) that God condemns and punishes people for in Leviticus and the Book of Romans as well. You liberals just don't get it do you?
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#7 Aug 8, 2014
Trouble with gays is they are insane or stupid or.both. God made the perfect penis receptacle, the Vagina.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8 Aug 8, 2014
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Oliver. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
Blasphemy!

God made us all!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#9 Aug 8, 2014
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals just can't handle the concept of God and natural law. What Oliver says is right, even if you liberals want to live in Sodom and Gomorrah which was destroyed by God himself.
You are very confused.

Many liberals are indeed Christian, which is logical since Jesus was liberal as well. And since marriage isn't natural - it's man made - I doubt "natural law" applies.

As to the Sodom story, there is no mention of gay folks. Adding it in recent translations just doesn't cut it.

Try again.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Aug 8, 2014
Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are things (homosexuality) that God condemns and punishes people for in Leviticus and the Book of Romans as well. You liberals just don't get it do you?
Now, you can't used Leviticus unless YOU follow all the Holiness Code for ancient Hebrew priests yourself, and reading Romans out of context to condemn those God created as gay is just silly.

What sort of crazy god would create creatures that can ONLY be attracted to the same gender, and then condemn them for this harmless natural trait that HE blessed them with?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Aug 8, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
Trouble with gays is they are insane or stupid or.both. God made the perfect penis receptacle, the Vagina.
The why do straight males regularly stick theirs into other orifices?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20 Aug 8, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
.....
Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination Leviticus 18:22
This is the basis of Judeo-Christian civilization, morality, stability and justice. To depart from this foundation leads to chaos like you see in 3rd world nations, ghettos and other areas where darkness rules.
You are kidding, right?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#21 Aug 8, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou shalt not kill Exodus 20:13
Thou shalt not commit adultery Exodus 20:14
Thou shalt not steal Exodus 20:15
Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination Leviticus 18:22
This is the basis of Judeo-Christian civilization, morality, stability and justice. To depart from this foundation leads to chaos like you see in 3rd world nations, ghettos and other areas where darkness rules.
You know you can't quote the Holiness Code for ancient Hebrew priests unless you follow all of it yourself, right?

Please explain, in detail, how each law and prohibition is reflected in your life.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#22 Aug 8, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was Pam. "Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven." Genesis 19:24
Notice that this judgment was directly from GOD and did not come from man or a group of men. This judgment was directly out of heaven. Nothing could more clearly show God's opinion of those who choose to defy God in this manner.
First, you would have to prove that every male in the town, down to the last child, could only be attracted to the same gender, and this was the cause of it all. Good luck with that.

The Bible doesn't even suggest it, much less say it clearly.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#23 Aug 8, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why so many of them - homosexual males - fall victim to aids Autoimmune deficiency disorder which is directly tied to homosexual acts / exchange of body fluids ) between males.
The Bible is clear.
GOD has spoken.
And yet, world wide, the VAST majority of those with AIDS are heterosexual. Whole populations have been decimated, and millions of orphans created.

What do you suppose God is saying to you, and those starving children?
d pantz

Taylor, MI

#30 Aug 9, 2014
Gotta love the gay bible thumpers.
Casual Observer

Pickerington, OH

#31 Aug 11, 2014
When 2 gay men get married it is for the sole purpose of obtaining benefits. Most if not almost all of these men have HIV/AIDS. They need the health benefits & insurance in order to get the prescriptions which they take advantage of. They fake symptoms & pains then get the pills to sell for a huge profit to the druggies. They then take these monies & purchase young boys to have sex with. Gay men who are married combine their resources to obtain boys to have deviant sex with. They double-team these boys & pull every scam & trick imaginable to have their way with them.

In the end the young boys have contracted HIV/AIDS & the cycle starts all over again. These are the secrets the gay community does not want the rest of us to know.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#32 Aug 13, 2014
God never said one thing about gay marriage.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#33 Aug 13, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
No matter what men say, God says yap yap yap blah blah blah...
Newsflash: America ain't no theocracy, bub, so your church doesn't get to rule our state. Deal with it, bigot boy.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#34 Aug 13, 2014
Pam wrote:
Fundie rightists like me just can't handle the concept of separation of church and state and equality under the law. What Oliver says is dead wrong, even if we fundie rightists want to live in a Christian theocracy which was thoroughly rejected by our Founding Fathers.
Fixed that for you. You're welcome.
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#35 Aug 13, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why so many of them - homosexual males - fall victim to aids Autoimmune deficiency disorder yap yap yap blah blah blah...
Well, since lesbians have the world's lowest transmission and infection rates for AIDS and all other STDs, I guess that makes them the chosen ones! LOLAY, bigot boy!
The Troll Stopper

Blacksburg, VA

#36 Aug 13, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
Trouble with gay-bashers is they are insane or stupid or.both. Whatever my god says is irrelevant since America isn't a theocracy.
Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God Help Us. Drumpf Is Clueless, And Impeachab... 1 min Duke for Mayor 1
Liberal War on Christians and Christmas Continu... 6 min 1 and 1 and 1 is 3 6
Congratulations Columbus Bishop Hartley Hawks! 8 min 1 and 1 and 1 is 3 1
144 Companies in 25 Different Countries 24 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 163
Major Windfall For TOPIX WEALTHY 💲 ... 28 min rowdy01 6
Trump TOUR 50 min Reality Speaks 8
Columbus OH has the 2nd largest Somali populati... 1 hr UTrashy 20
Trump the Crook/Liar 1 hr Reality Speaks 188
News Anti-Trump protesters march to Ohio Statehouse 1 hr Duke for Mayor 62

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages