Abercrombie sued over firing of Musli...

Abercrombie sued over firing of Muslim woman who wore head scarves | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 78 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 27, 2011, titled Abercrombie sued over firing of Muslim woman who wore head scarves | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Abercrombie & Fitch faces a lawsuit alleging that it fired a Muslim employee at one of its Hollister stores for wearing a head scarf.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

arsxsn

Columbus, OH

#36 Jun 27, 2011
abercrombie sucks, they havent had a new design in 10 years
Helpful

Columbus, OH

#37 Jun 27, 2011
I tried to paste the actual article but the chicken livered Dispatch blocked it. You have to wonder what they are afraid of. Wexner? Mikey Coleman? What a rag. It is down on the section of political news if you want to read it before they censor some more news.
blackacre

Columbus, OH

#38 Jun 27, 2011
The ignorance and narrow-mindedness shown by a majority of these posters is really scary. Makes me want to double my contribution to the ACLU!
Helpful

Columbus, OH

#39 Jun 27, 2011
Apparently the censor fell asleep and it finally showed up- both times.
get a clue pepper

Blacklick, OH

#40 Jun 27, 2011
Was a proud American wrote:
<quoted text>Whats the matter ? Don't like the truth? I'm tired of pressing " 1 " for english ! As for the white folk comment ? I have no problem with race, What I do have a problem with is the fact of suing for the stupidest things. This is America If you dont like get the F out ! Do you realize why the muslim world hates us so much? It is because our Goverment pushing Christianity on them & they didnt want it! We dont want Allah here either! Well maybe you do!
I can see you're not going to assimilate. Better practice your evasive skills.
Filthy Vermin

Mount Hope, OH

#42 Jun 27, 2011
[QUOTE who="Helpful...Try and drive your Toyota onto the parking lot at a Ford or GM plant. Try drinking your Pepsi at a Coke bottling plant. Try wearing A&F stuff at the local Mosque. Political correctness running a[mok] again.[/QUOTE]

You got that part [partially] right.

She should have obtained a job that reflects her religious beliefs instead of attempting to impose hers on her employer.
Hooked on Fonics

Lewis Center, OH

#43 Jun 27, 2011
Hi, I'm the moderator of the Dispatch. I take down comments that aren't even remotely offensive.
What the heck

Columbus, OH

#44 Jun 27, 2011
Helpful wrote:
For those of you that didn't get to read the story.
Try and drive your Toyota onto the parking lot at a Ford or GM plant. Try drinking your Pepsi at a Coke bottling plant. Try wearing A&F stuff at the local Mosque. Political correctness running amuck again.
How do you compare a woman's CHOICE to be modest in public to a Pepsi and a Toyota??? Don't worry, there will always be slutty white trash shoving their tits in your face...don't worry, it's ok...
Was a proud American

Bellevue, OH

#45 Jun 27, 2011
get a clue pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see you're not going to assimilate. Better practice your evasive skills.
I'm done now. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person!
U get a kloo

Columbus, OH

#46 Jun 27, 2011
get a clue pepper wrote:
<quoted text>
She is an American citizen, born in New York. Get a clue!
And I say GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM: New York...
An Ace Album

Columbus, OH

#47 Jun 27, 2011
This is a first. The Dispatch took down the story but left up the comments.
deb

United States

#49 Jun 27, 2011
This is the U.S.A.. This is not the Muslim world. If they want to live here, they need to learn ot be Americans not Muslims.
Religion Kills

Columbus, OH

#50 Jun 27, 2011
deb wrote:
This is the U.S.A.. This is not the Muslim world. If they want to live here, they need to learn ot be Americans not Muslims.
And not Christians either.
HATER

United States

#51 Jun 27, 2011
Most workplaces have a dress code. Leave your stupid religion at home and follow the dress code. If not, you're insubordinate and deserve to be fired.
tip

Mount Hope, OH

#52 Jun 27, 2011
Religion Kills wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when the next homicide bomber screams, "Praise be to Jesus!" as he incinerates thousands of American civilians.
Religion Kills

Columbus, OH

#53 Jun 27, 2011
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when the next homicide bomber screams, "Praise be to Jesus!" as he incinerates thousands of American civilians.
So what you are saying that the girl in the article should be allowed to wear her scarf if she doesn't bomb anyone?

How broad is that brush you paint with?
Not very proud now

Grove City, OH

#54 Jun 27, 2011
I didn't realize just how racist against Muslims people are in Columbus.

She was wearing something on her head for her religion. She wasn't pushing her religion on anyone. BTW, America is built on people of various different cultures who came here for a better life. If you don't support religious freedom for ALL, then go back to YOUR country, or go rot in a sewer (preferably the second of the two).
tip

Mount Hope, OH

#55 Jun 27, 2011
Religion Kills wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying that the girl in the article should be allowed to wear her scarf if she doesn't bomb anyone?
How broad is that brush you paint with?
Exhibit A:
Religion Kills wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Religion Kills

Columbus, OH

#56 Jun 27, 2011
tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Exhibit A:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I see sarcasm is not your strong suit...
Thumper

Portsmouth, OH

#57 Jun 27, 2011
It was a mistake ever allowing her kind to come to this country. It used to be that immigrants assimilated into their new country. Now it is just the opposite. Honestly, what good has this population done for Columbus? They consume far more resources than they contribute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flynn Pleads Guilty 4 min Chris 675
News Amid calls for peace, more violence 5 min lol 2
Confirmed: Another Arkancide 1 hr GlitterSucks 22
ROY Moore wants Slavery Days back to Make Ameri... 1 hr GlitterSucks 37
Glitter Family Poop Forum (Jan '12) 1 hr GlitterSucks 232
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 1 hr jrockjesus 308
News Phony ride-share driver accused of sex assault 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
What Has Happened To America? 1 hr Reality Speaks 84
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! (Jun '17) 16 hr Enter Username 1,568
News Horse, rider die after collision with car | The... (Nov '09) 17 hr 404 not found 227

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages