I Wonder If They Get Half As Upset At Abortionists?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2013
Dozens Gather For Memorial Service For 144 Geese Euthanized By County

DALLAS, N.C.(AP)— Dozens of people have gathered in a Gaston County park for a memorial service for 144 Canadian geese that were euthanized by county workers worried they had become a health hazard.

The service Friday night included 144 fresh-cut daisies and carnations and songs. Several people at the service discussed putting together a rescue group for geese. Several people wished the county had done something different.

The geese lived in Gaston County Park in Dallas for a decade, but county officials said the flock had grown so large that their droppings were a health hazard. So workers gathered up the birds last month and were killed with poison gas.

It wasn’t unusual. In 2012, federal officials issued euthanasia permits for nearly 25,000 Canada geese in 46 states.
http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/07/07/doze...

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 7, 2013
Very sad that the Canadian Geese had to be euthanized, for health reasons.

It's pathetic when people use abortion as a means of birth control.

Inexcusable !Deplorable. A SIN!

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Jul 7, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Dozens Gather For Memorial Service For 144 Geese Euthanized By County
DALLAS, N.C.(AP)— Dozens of people have gathered in a Gaston County park for a memorial service for 144 Canadian geese that were euthanized by county workers worried they had become a health hazard.
The service Friday night included 144 fresh-cut daisies and carnations and songs. Several people at the service discussed putting together a rescue group for geese. Several people wished the county had done something different.
The geese lived in Gaston County Park in Dallas for a decade, but county officials said the flock had grown so large that their droppings were a health hazard. So workers gathered up the birds last month and were killed with poison gas.
It wasn’t unusual. In 2012, federal officials issued euthanasia permits for nearly 25,000 Canada geese in 46 states.
http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/07/07/doze...
I can tell the foaming dimwit lefties have been here...they judge the original post off-topic. Way to go, morons.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#4 Jul 7, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell the foaming dimwit lefties have been here...they judge the original post off-topic. Way to go, morons.
That would be because...it is.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 7, 2013
Canada geese have become a nuisance. Drive in my neighborhood, you will find at least one, if not multiples, as road kill each week. They don't migrate, they are highly territorial and can be very aggressive, and they sh!+ everywhere. You can get a permit to off them in Ohio from March through August.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#6 Jul 7, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be because...it is.
woof
Exactly how is the ORIGINAL POST off topic, Eric?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 Jul 7, 2013
Babies in utero aren't human.
But geese are "persons."
They cannot kill a spook

Detroit, MI

#8 Jul 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
Canada geese have become a nuisance. Drive in my neighborhood, you will find at least one, if not multiples, as road kill each week. They don't migrate, they are highly territorial and can be very aggressive, and they sh!+ everywhere. You can get a permit to off them in Ohio from March through August.
That is because no one hunts them in the city. They are thinned out on farms regularly

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Jul 7, 2013
They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because no one hunts them in the city. They are thinned out on farms regularly
Too bad. Goose dinner!
They cannot kill a spook

Detroit, MI

#10 Jul 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad. Goose dinner!
When do you want one, smoked baked deep fried or on the grill?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#11 Jul 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
Canada geese have become a nuisance. Drive in my neighborhood, you will find at least one, if not multiples, as road kill each week. They don't migrate, they are highly territorial and can be very aggressive, and they sh!+ everywhere. You can get a permit to off them in Ohio from March through August.
Ohio hunting season for migratory Canada geese is highly restricted. IIRC hunting is only permitted near Lake Erie. "Resident" geese are allowed to be killed only if they are damaging farm crops. They are indeed a pain in the neck in most areas.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Jul 7, 2013
They cannot kill a spook wrote:
<quoted text>
When do you want one, smoked baked deep fried or on the grill?
Anyway but deep fried. I love a good roast goose, too. Any time is good! Fire up the grill, the oven, the smoker...and come over to my hood and knock off a few. We have until Aug. 31 to do it legally!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#13 Jul 7, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohio hunting season for migratory Canada geese is highly restricted. IIRC hunting is only permitted near Lake Erie. "Resident" geese are allowed to be killed only if they are damaging farm crops. They are indeed a pain in the neck in most areas.
Rowdy, this is the information I was working from:

https://ohiodnr.com/Home/wild_resourcessubhom...

ODNR doesn't state where this permit is restricted to, only states that it MAY issue permits. BUT state code mentions "property owners":

http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/1501%3A31-15-03
They cannot kill a spook

Detroit, MI

#14 Jul 7, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway but deep fried. I love a good roast goose, too. Any time is good! Fire up the grill, the oven, the smoker...and come over to my hood and knock off a few. We have until Aug. 31 to do it legally!
I will bring the big smoke wagon. Leave no evidence and it doesn't matter what the rules say.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#15 Jul 7, 2013
Yep, you are right about the property owners. If geese are damaging farm crops, they can be shot, trapped or whatever. The local game warden will have to make the determination. I have no idea why there isn't a statewide hunting season. We've got to start eating these things to thin them out. Back to the days of Christmas goose!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 1 hr d pantz 74
What makes GlitterSucks so annoying? (Nov '12) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 470
chanukah hanukkah day 2 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Should Witchcraft or Pagan Shops be 18+ ? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 10
Obscene Bumber Stickers 2 hr They cannot kill ... 8
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 2 hr bumper season 6
Coleman endorses Ginther for mayor 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 3 hr Duke for Mayor 204
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 4 hr Neutral Party 253
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:30 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:30PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:54 PM
Manziel says Browns were "a little off" on Sunday
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Cam Newton practices for first time since car accident
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down Cleveland's Game Plan vs. Carolina
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick