Columbus students likely will eat free

Columbus students likely will eat free

There are 68 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 22, 2014, titled Columbus students likely will eat free. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Every student in Columbus City Schools would get a free lunch regardless of family income under a new federal program that the district is almost certain to participate in next school year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 22, 2014
barry just keeps handing out the freebies.

Of course, there's no cost to this program to a government that's $18 TRILLION in debt.

I always thought it was the responsibility of parents to feed their children.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#2 Mar 22, 2014
dpx55 wrote:
Of course, there's no cost to this program to a government that's $18 TRILLION in debt.
Some women "can't" feed their own children. Anymore, spreading your legs to any gentleman sausage qualifies as a disability. Besides, the Government thinks obesity is sexy.
Schmitt

Columbus, OH

#3 Mar 23, 2014
dpx55 wrote:

So free lunch to students is a problem for you? Ahh... How lucky you are to live in this country. To bitch about things like this. You should move to Russia immediately. See what starving really looks like, patriot.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 23, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
So free lunch to students is a problem for you? Ahh... How lucky you are to live in this country. To bitch about things like this. You should move to Russia immediately. See what starving really looks like, patriot.
It's not the free lunch, per se. It's much, much bigger than that. It's a society that is becoming completely dependent on the government to do the most basic of things; feeding your own kids and being self-sufficient.

The track we are on has dragged us into ruin. It can't be sustained. The "war on poverty" has failed miserably. It's way past time to wean people from the government teat.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#5 Mar 23, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't breed those kids moms so feeding them is not my responsibility. Where do you think the money to pay the interest on that chinese loan is coming from, a goose that craps gold?
Pappy

Mason, OH

#6 Mar 23, 2014
Free food stamps are readily available, so the problem is not a lack of food; the underlying problem is truancy.

The primary reason public schools offer free breakfast and lunch for kids in public schools is to entice urban kids to come to school, so that the urban public school can better meet their state quota for student attendence. The professional education bureaucrats also get another feather in their cap, claiming they feed the body as well as the mind.

Every kid they can get to show-up at public school is an added support dollar from the state.

The dumber urban dwellers generally waste their food stamps on trash foods, giving the school bureaucrats another excuse to entice kids to public schools with their dietician approved food.

Private schools don't generally feed kids because the schools operate on a shoe-string budget, and the private school parents properly feed their kids and they care if their kids are getting a good education.

Urban public school parents use public schools as a daytime baby sitter servicing their loudmouthed punk kids.
Schmitt

United States

#7 Mar 25, 2014
dpx55 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not the free lunch, per se. It's much, much bigger than that. It's a society that is becoming completely dependent on the government to do the most basic of things; feeding your own kids and being self-sufficient.

The track we are on has dragged us into ruin. It can't be sustained. The "war on poverty" has failed miserably. It's way past time to wean people from the government teat.
Bigger than feeding our kids? Everything is not a big issue. Let this one go.
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#9 Mar 25, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#10 Mar 25, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of those kids is mine.. I have no obligation to feed your kids
Schmitt

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 25, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>Not one of those kids is mine.. I have no obligation to feed your kids
Well, you can't have kids if you don't get laid. One step at a time, grasshopper...

Location hidden

#15 Mar 26, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not "let it go."

It's not the government's job to feed your kids. It's YOUR job; and when the government takes that responsibility from you, it creates an environment of helplessness and dependence on someone else to do what YOU should be doing.

That is the liberal plan and it's destroyed this country from the inside out.
Schmitt

United States

#16 Mar 26, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>I have sex with women, we understand the proper use of.birth control, unlike the.rat like leeches of which you are one
Sure ya do, sport... Sure ya do.
Schmitt

United States

#17 Mar 26, 2014
dpx55 wrote:
<quoted text>I will not "let it go."

It's not the government's job to feed your kids. It's YOUR job; and when the government takes that responsibility from you, it creates an environment of helplessness and dependence on someone else to do what YOU should be doing.

That is the liberal plan and it's destroyed this country from the inside out.
Look up the con plan "supply side economics" or "voodoo economics" and get back to me, robo con.

Since: Mar 14

Hilliard, OH

#18 Mar 26, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the con plan "supply side economics" or "voodoo economics" and get back to me, robo con.
What sort of "economics" is at work today, Johnson? It's given us 15% unemployment, runaway food prices and a debt that won't quit.
Feed your own damned kids...take your food stamp card, buy a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter, make a couple of sandwiches and send them to school with your little miscreants.
Schmitt

Columbus, OH

#19 Mar 26, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>What sort of "economics" is at work today, Johnson? It's given us 15% unemployment, runaway food prices and a debt that won't quit.
Feed your own damned kids...take your food stamp card, buy a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter, make a couple of sandwiches and send them to school with your little miscreants.
Not voodoo, sport. Not voodoo. I have no problem feeding my kids, deadbeat. I have no problem with helping others when I can. You piece of human garbage.
G

Location hidden

#20 Mar 26, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please elaborate. What does personal accountability and responsibility have to do with supply side economics?

I can't wait to hear this one.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#21 Mar 26, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend whose wife is from Russia. She is appalled at what is happening to this country, and the free lunch program for all provided by the government with the government pulling all the strings is only one example.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#22 Mar 27, 2014
Schmitt wrote:
<quoted text>
Which article do you recommend?

https://www.google.com/#q=obama+voodoo+econom...
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#23 Mar 27, 2014
Pappy wrote:
Free food stamps are readily available, so the problem is not a lack of food; the underlying problem is truancy.
The primary reason public schools offer free breakfast and lunch for kids in public schools is to entice urban kids to come to school, so that the urban public school can better meet their state quota for student attendence. The professional education bureaucrats also get another feather in their cap, claiming they feed the body as well as the mind.
Every kid they can get to show-up at public school is an added support dollar from the state.
The dumber urban dwellers generally waste their food stamps on trash foods, giving the school bureaucrats another excuse to entice kids to public schools with their dietician approved food.
Private schools don't generally feed kids because the schools operate on a shoe-string budget, and the private school parents properly feed their kids and they care if their kids are getting a good education.
Urban public school parents use public schools as a daytime baby sitter servicing their loudmouthed punk kids.
Bullseye.
Depending on the parent(s) income, it should be a monthly payment. No matter if it's $2.00 a day or a deduction from their food-stamp card. I believe it's a cheap encouragement to strive that parent to be more involved with a better push for education.

Besides, you can't give some students money everyday and expect them to take the responsibility of paying at the register. Some would use that lunch money as a bonus allowance and not eat.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#24 Mar 27, 2014
I can remember when the teacher started out the day by asking if you were present, packing lunch, paying or free tickets.
It seemed a little bit embarrassing to have to say, "Here...and FREE".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News COTA begins bus line between Downtown, Port Col... 1 hr Laughing Out Loud 1
is caitlin jenner still a man? 1 hr Mr Cumberbatch 59
California rejects John Wayne Day due to commen... 1 hr LMAO 116
News Residents on alert with mass shooting suspect a... 8 hr curiousinpodunk 174
News Rents are on the rise as Franklinton area homes... 8 hr They cannot kill ... 4
Obama "out". 9 hr d pants 15
News Hardee's announces plans for 84 locations in Ohio 11 hr VCNZX 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages