Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

UarntRelevant wrote:
<quoted text>
How DARE corporations ride on the backs of the working man by hiding their money offshore and not paying taxes. REAL Americans know who to blame and guess what, mouth boy. It ain't the poor and powerless in this nation.
So tell us, since your kind always gleefully drops to his knees for it's agenda, how long have you personally been one of the top 1% earners in this country? Yah, though so.
If corporations hide their money offshore they're doing a favor to US consumers who buy their products by not charging them the embedded tax in the cost of their products. I would buy a product form that company before one with the higher cost every time.

The tax revenue squandering politician is the only one gettin his throat cut in the deal.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If people in rural areas want telephone service, cable television, internet and so on, they know how they can get it. Why should people in populated areas support anything because people in rural areas don't have it? If they want modern devices and technology and can't get it where they are at, they can move anytime they desire.
I feel the same way about people that live along rivers that flood at least once every ten years. Why should taxpayers bail them out? You want to live by a river, then when the river destroys your belongings or home enough times, you'll move the hell out of there.
"I cannot lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison Annals of Congress, 1794
Sry XXX I have to disagree to a degree although I agree on the surface.
To agree with you totally means that we would have NO Book Mobiles, NO clinic vehicles dispatched from University Hospitals, maybe not even any roads or traffic control devices in rural areas since that tax base by itself would not contribute proportionally to those things that would benefit ALL of society for such a small amount per person. These 'free' phones usually are limited to 250 minutes per month. Not exactly a luxury.
However I do strongly resent those that can do better but find the freebee's if they underachieve, lack effort, lay back, & suck on the government programs. Unfortunately, there are too many administrators of those programs that are former ACORN like workers.
And YES! anyone that lives in a flood plain took/takes their chances by their own CHOICE. And I refuse to contribute to cabal/satellite if I have a choice or if I don't have a choice.
I am compassionate enough that I have given to the "winter care fund" on my utility bill but that is a choice & not a requirement.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Sry XXX I have to disagree to a degree although I agree on the surface.
To agree with you totally means that we would have NO Book Mobiles, NO clinic vehicles dispatched from University Hospitals, maybe not even any roads or traffic control devices in rural areas since that tax base by itself would not contribute proportionally to those things that would benefit ALL of society for such a small amount per person. These 'free' phones usually are limited to 250 minutes per month. Not exactly a luxury.
However I do strongly resent those that can do better but find the freebee's if they underachieve, lack effort, lay back, & suck on the government programs. Unfortunately, there are too many administrators of those programs that are former ACORN like workers.
And YES! anyone that lives in a flood plain took/takes their chances by their own CHOICE. And I refuse to contribute to cabal/satellite if I have a choice or if I don't have a choice.
I am compassionate enough that I have given to the "winter care fund" on my utility bill but that is a choice & not a requirement.
Exactly.

I have a coworker that lives near the airport. He has lived there for many years and even raised his family there.

The airport decided to put in a new runway several years ago. Now the planes that use that runway take different air routes which is over his home; not that planes didn't fly over his home anyway.

I don't know which government it was, but the government decided to respond to the complaints about the airplanes. They sent workers to his house, installed all brand new windows and doors, insulation, central air so that he could close his new windows and doors and not hear the airplanes.

If noise from airplanes bothered you, WTF did you move by the airport?

I wrote this before but I'll reiterate in the event you missed it:

I'm a full time truck driver and have to use my phone for communications with my employer from time to time. I'm also a landlord which requires me to use my phone to contact workers, my father when he is working on the apartments or grounds, the bank, my tenants, the insurance company and so on.

My cell phone plan is 500 anytime minutes per month, and I can't recall anytime where I used half of that. Mind you, my cell phone is my only phone.

So the question is, if a busy guy like me doesn't need 250 minutes a month, why does a lowlife who doesn't work?

Obviously these government phone plans are not a necessity, but a luxury. They are not using those minutes to look for jobs, contact emergency services, staying in contact with an ill family member. We are forced to pay for these plans and phones for recreational use. I'm against that. Do you know what it would take to get a cell phone with a 250 per month minute plan each month? About a half of a days work at McDonalds. And most of their restaurants are always looking for any kind of help.
Dog 3

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

JustSayNo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, clown. Obama told your fringe group to stick your obstructionist bullsh1t up your sour grape losing side @ss while America cheered.(Also see 30% Tea Party approval rating)
if George bush. Wouldn't have ran this country in the ground. Trying to get back at everybody that try hurting his dad , and listen to somebody. Besides war lords. Chaney and Rumsfeld. This country wouldn't be broke and suffering. I done two tours of Iraq. I seen what was happening over there, money be thrown away by the handfuls Just to bribe religious leaders not to kill each other, letting Iraq people pimp out Iraq people for 5 bucks a day. When they paid the pimp Iraq civilian 10,000 a day to work them. It was all a joke. Besides my buddies getting killed for nothing . By being put in a no win situation. So , u republicans can't talk all this shit about Obama And all your talking is coming out of the side of your ass. If you want to blame somebody. Blame bush. Obama has been trying to clean that dudes mess up from day 1. And it will take. 4 more years. After Obama To even see. If we can ever get back to the days. We had money in the bank in this country.( bill Clinton ). Surplus. And bush. Went through it like it was play money.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Dog 3 wrote:
<quoted text> if George bush. Wouldn't have ran this country in the ground. Trying to get back at everybody that try hurting his dad , and listen to somebody. Besides war lords. Chaney and Rumsfeld. This country wouldn't be broke and suffering. I done two tours of Iraq. I seen what was happening over there, money be thrown away by the handfuls Just to bribe religious leaders not to kill each other, letting Iraq people pimp out Iraq people for 5 bucks a day. When they paid the pimp Iraq civilian 10,000 a day to work them. It was all a joke. Besides my buddies getting killed for nothing . By being put in a no win situation. So , u republicans can't talk all this shit about Obama And all your talking is coming out of the side of your ass. If you want to blame somebody. Blame bush. Obama has been trying to clean that dudes mess up from day 1. And it will take. 4 more years. After Obama To even see. If we can ever get back to the days. We had money in the bank in this country.( bill Clinton ). Surplus. And bush. Went through it like it was play money.
WO WO WO! "YOU REPUBLICANS"!?!? Rather closed minded there. In the 10 plus years that WE have been in Iraq & Afghanistan BOTH parties have been in control of the funding with little or NO difference so do not be partisan about who is to blame. Just another example of the TWO parties NOT being that different.
Obama has NOT closed Gitmo, has NOT ended Afghanistan, did NOT end the Iraqi war sooner than was already scheduled.
So please do not single out Geo W Bush or Repubs since there was & is plenty of reasponsability to go around, even today.
Thanx for your tours of Iraq. I have a son that served Afghanistan
President McCain

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>WO WO WO! "YOU REPUBLICANS"!?!? Rather closed minded there. In the 10 plus years that WE have been in Iraq & Afghanistan BOTH parties have been in control of the funding with little or NO difference so do not be partisan about who is to blame. Just another example of the TWO parties NOT being that different.
Obama has NOT closed Gitmo, has NOT ended Afghanistan, did NOT end the Iraqi war sooner than was already scheduled.
So please do not single out Geo W Bush or Repubs since there was & is plenty of reasponsability to go around, even today.
Thanx for your tours of Iraq. I have a son that served Afghanistan
You Republicans sure like to talk a lot about personal responsibility, until it comes time to actually take some yourselves...
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

I have a coworker that lives near the airport. He has lived there for many years and even raised his family there.
The airport decided to put in a new runway several years ago. Now the planes that use that runway take different air routes which is over his home; not that planes didn't fly over his home anyway.
I don't know which government it was, but the government decided to respond to the complaints about the airplanes. They sent workers to his house, installed all brand new windows and doors, insulation, central air so that he could close his new windows and doors and not hear the airplanes.
If noise from airplanes bothered you, WTF did you move by the airport?
I wrote this before but I'll reiterate in the event you missed it:
I'm a full time truck driver and have to use my phone for communications with my employer from time to time. I'm also a landlord which requires me to use my phone to contact workers, my father when he is working on the apartments or grounds, the bank, my tenants, the insurance company and so on.
Obviously these government phone plans are not a necessity, but a luxury. They are not using those minutes to look for jobs, contact emergency services, staying in contact with an ill family member. We are forced to pay for these plans and phones for recreational use. I'm against that. Do you know what it would take to get a cell phone with a 250 per month minute plan each month? About a half of a days work at McDonalds. And most of their restaurants are always looking for any kind of help.
Cynical? I have an unlimited plan & probably do not use 200 talk minutes per month plus unlimited texting. I spend $35 per month which is not a bad deal.
IF someone is hunting for a job, they could use 100's of minutes per month after month. At least WE aren't paying for their internet too which may be next.
LOOK, I have too many in-laws that are as useful as running shoes on a snail so I know the routine. They even tell each other as to which case worker to see or avoid & how to fill out forms. They collectively work the system. That's my problem & your problem, too little over site as to who is entitled to what.
I am very glad that they are in-laws & not blood.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

President McCain wrote:
<quoted text>You Republicans sure like to talk a lot about personal responsibility, until it comes time to actually take some yourselves...
Excuse me for not making clear that I am NOT a repub & have NEVER registered as a Republican & I will excuse YOU for being an intellectual protazoan.
OPEN your mind. NO picture is only 2 sided.
President McCain

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me for not making clear that I am NOT a repub & have NEVER registered as a Republican & I will excuse YOU for being an intellectual protazoan.
OPEN your mind. NO picture is only 2 sided.
Let's see, goofy victim mentality, check. Unfounded sense of moral superiority, check. Inability to spell relatively simple words, check.
Are you sure you're not a Republican?!?
Fact Time

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Federal Government which I figure here soon they will be taxing everyones income and 100% and will be redristrubing it equally and we can thank the Republicans for the 16th amendment.
No, no. In the real world, you got a tax break and taxes were at the lowest they had been in 50 years when the Tea Baggers were crying "Taxed Enough Already". Don't you remember? The internet does and will forever...you know. The doom of the GOP.
Barrock Obama

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Fact Time wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. In the real world, you got a tax break and taxes were at the lowest they had been in 50 years when the Tea Baggers were crying "Taxed Enough Already". Don't you remember? The internet does and will forever...you know. The doom of the GOP.
We're gonna take everyone's money and divide it evenly between everybody. That sounds fair. Yeah.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Which lawsuit are you referring to?
Those sites you get your 'news' from doesn't report when they lose lawsuits against them for slander, libel and just outright getting caught at their favorite pastime spreading made up lies.
Stammering Bush

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Barrock Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
We're gonna take everyone's money and divide it evenly between everybody. That sounds fair. Yeah.
No, that would not be fair at all. Good thing it's just a paranoid, greed driven fantasy, created by the very wealthy, to make corporate fetch boys like yourself comply to an agenda that doesn't include you.

Now fair would be making these offshore tax dodging corporations and multi-millionaires pay their share instead of hard working, tax paying middle class men like myself carrying the entire nation on our backs.
No Brenner

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Time for a major wake up call: We will have Sara Marie Brenner re-running or Powell City council and land developer/parking lot mobster Vincent Marginello running for Liberty Township thrustee <===not a typo!!! Add Peggy Guzzo to the mix and we are so S C R E W E D.
Point #1: You should never have a trustee who is also a land developer. Thatís a major conflict of interest there.
Point #2: Sara Marie Brenner is so close to Vince Marginello they wear the same underwear. They both backed the contracting of law enforcement to Delaware County Sheriff and where against the Fire Levy that nearly shut down Liberty Township Fire department. Having VM as Liberty Township Trustee and SMB reelected councilwoman is just not logical.
Point #3: Ask each of them about community involvement. SMB will probably say that serving as councilwoman is serving the community. Ask her about her failure to pay federal payroll taxes (a convictable felony). Ask SMB about her F rating with the BBB. Now ask VM about how he helps Powell. Ask him about his parking lot fetish. Ask him if he is a member of the Powell Chamber and how he kicked out the Powell Farmerís Market use of his lot after he agreed to let them use it.
Itís time people do their research on candidates and quit this bullshit shot gun voting. Be aware; understand the dynamics of your community. Challenge all candidates. Get out of your SUV and think about Powellís future.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Stammering Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would not be fair at all. Good thing it's just a paranoid, greed driven fantasy, created by the very wealthy, to make corporate fetch boys like yourself comply to an agenda that doesn't include you.
Now fair would be making these offshore tax dodging corporations and multi-millionaires pay their share instead of hard working, tax paying middle class men like myself carrying the entire nation on our backs.
The federal tax revenue pie chart is less than 12% made up of corporate taxes.

When you tax a corporation more that's the first expense passed on to consumers as embedded taxes. It only makes corporations the tax collector. The individual consumer is ALWAYS the one who gets stabbed in the neck. And workers lose their jobs.

When people want to tax corporations more thats only incentive for them to take jobs and leave the country.

With the pie chart only 12% corp taxes, why not just lower corp taxes to zero and suck in corporations from around the world and make it so everyone who wants a job can have one? If and when there becomes a shortage of workers look at what wages did in N.Dakota recently.
lsfein

Malvern, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

The facts are that jobs increased under Kaisich. The Ohio economy improved under Kaisich. He is simply better for our state.
Open wide Fact time

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
The federal tax revenue pie chart is less than 12% made up of corporate taxes.
When you tax a corporation more that's the first expense passed on to consumers as embedded taxes. It only makes corporations the tax collector. The individual consumer is ALWAYS the one who gets stabbed in the neck. And workers lose their jobs.
When people want to tax corporations more thats only incentive for them to take jobs and leave the country.
With the pie chart only 12% corp taxes, why not just lower corp taxes to zero and suck in corporations from around the world and make it so everyone who wants a job can have one? If and when there becomes a shortage of workers look at what wages did in N.Dakota recently.
Blah blah blah, the poor little CEO sob story you have been trained so well to parrot. Take your pie chart and apply it to how the "job creators" wealth and bonuses have grown exponentially while the average household income has flat lined. Let's see a pie chart of the huge and growing gap between the haves and the have nots. Let's see some graphics on how long our nation has been an underpaid temp workforce for decades before Obama was president and how many of the same corporations that cry about health insurance haven't even been paying for it because it is covered by the temp hiring service. Those treasonous companies fled America in search of cheap labor as a direct result of their ever growing greed and it had nothing to do with this free loading American work force you Tea Baggers dream about so much. I have seen with my own eyes co-workers cutting off fingers, being burnt with molten steel as their asbestos fire suits were burning, people being burnt with acid, stuff pansy @ssed trust fund boys like you couldn't even imagine. Don't tell me or any working man in these parts about your corporate fetch boy Tea Bagger "job creators have it so rough" bullsh1t because American workers and voters have made it very clear to you and your 30% approval rating that they aren't buying it.
get Yours

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

healthcare.gov 1-800-318-2596
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how. People that live in rural areas live there for a reason. They don't like or need modern conveniences. They don't like city water, sewers, highways and so on.
As a boy, I lived on a farm. We lived there because we farmed the land, not because we didn't appreciate modern conveniences. We didn't have running water. That meant we had to use an outhouse. A bath meant we had to get water from the well, and heat it on our wood burning stove. Did we like it? No.

Without the roads we wouldn't have been able to get our crops to market.(Thank that crazy liberal Eisenhower for the interstate system, which now provides your livelihood.)

We were very grateful for electricity and the telephone (neither of which we could have afforded if we had to string our own lines.) When there were emergencies, the telephone was often a life saver(literally.) I'm glad that the folks in government back then didn't share your ideas about rural life.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

So the question is, if a busy guy like me doesn't need 250 minutes a month, why does a lowlife who doesn't work?
Because they are looking for work, and need a way for potential employers to contact them? Maybe to arrange for child care while they work? Or need to report a fire or call for an ambulance? Or to check in on a sick relative?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously these government phone plans are not a necessity, but a luxury. They are not using those minutes to look for jobs, contact emergency services, staying in contact with an ill family member.
It must be wonderful to have your psychic powers!(And very helpful to justify what you already believe.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 31 min datgirl 2,697
Exposing The Exposers: Repeat Offenders Can Be ... 43 min The Clam Whisperer 3
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 1 hr d pantz 32
Give Zimmerman a break already! 1 hr d pantz 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 2,935
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ant 2,222
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 1 hr d pantz 86
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 8 hr Logan 845
•••