Comments
18,441 - 18,460 of 30,617 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Pops

Newport, KY

#20346 Sep 9, 2013
I have no dependents & at this time I make/earn a gross of $22k a year from a small company that has 31 employees counting the owners.
They offer insurance but because of the size of the company, premiums amount to 30% or so of my NET pay even tho I work about 7-8 hrs of overtime every week. Count in the deductables & co-pays it amounts to 1/2 of my net pay. That does NOT leave me money for groceries, car insurance, rent, gasoline etc but seems to put me above the 'assistance' income level.
So why should I give a diddley about Obama Care?
It doesn't include me. In fact it seems that I am blocked out.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20347 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
I have no dependents & at this time I make/earn a gross of $22k a year from a small company that has 31 employees counting the owners.
That's tough. You really aren't "poor" (in the technical poverty sense) but that's not much to live on. You are lucky you don't have any dependents.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20348 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
I was disappointed when Obama gave up so easily on the idea of universal health care. Everyone needs access to health care. Individual insurance is quickly becoming unaffordable for people like you. Is there a fix? If you lived in Canada, you wouldn't have this worry.

The Republican alternative seems to be that uninsured people like you will not get treatment unless you can fork over the cash. I hope you are healthy.
Coffee

Waverly, OH

#20349 Sep 10, 2013
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20350 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>' read my lips' was GHWB.*** There are WAY more than 350 pieces of 'deadwood' in congress & you pretty much used a good name for them.*** Numerous sessions of Congress VOTED for the war in Iraq or it would never have been funded & pursued.*** As far as 'mission accomplished', didn't Obama quite recently state that (paraphrasing) Al Quida has been centrally destroyed & are no longer a threat?*** The so called 'Halliburton payola' as you call it, was NOT controlled by Bush or Cheney or Condi or Collin or any other one person. Congress controls the money, remember?
What are you trying to say about any of these others seeming points ?
Lastly, why & when did I become a truck driver? And why do you use 'truck driver' in a denigrating way? Just curious about that.
That's a funny, Congress controls the money, remember. Yet you and you're far right ilk blame Obama for everything and anything that happens in the world when he can't get any co-operation at all from the House. Oh yeah, they're consistent at keeping this country held hostage while pointing the finger at Obama, while not doing there jobs while fund raising year round and showing up for six months a year and naming post offices but not much else.
Frank

Mount Gilead, OH

#20351 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
They offer insurance but because of the size of the company, premiums amount to 30% or so of my NET pay even tho I work about 7-8 hrs of overtime every week. Count in the deductables & co-pays it amounts to 1/2 of my net pay. That does NOT leave me money for groceries, car insurance, rent, gasoline etc but seems to put me above the 'assistance' income level.
. Insurance has been about $6000 a year for decades- either you have not had it , somebody else has paid it or your on welfare-again! Sounds like at your age, you have realized you have to have it! Get another job, or get on what you hate, "Welfare"!! Everyone with your life results needs custom health care and housing! Don't you think?? You got time for a job- your on this forum 24-7!!! Just saying!
Sharpee

Chillicothe, OH

#20352 Sep 10, 2013
RODGER MOORE as govenur and Jack Eaveson as vice govenur
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20353 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
Could you explain exactly what the Obama Care that you don't give diddly about is? I don't know diddly about it and neither does anyone I know. I do know that there is not one idea or decision that Obama has made that I agree with. I'm so sick of his stuttering speeches, that while I like to keep informed (thus the reason I asked you the question} I've made plans to meet with friends at 6:00 pm. for dinner.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20354 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You omitted a brand new tax, the tax on Tanning Beds. Take a guess which income group(s) use Tanning Beds.
So Obama not only raised a tax (tobacco) he created a whole new one.
I'm sure the tobacco tax and the tanning tax doesn't affect Obama at all. I wonder who buys his menthols?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20356 Sep 10, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the tobacco tax and the tanning tax doesn't affect Obama at all. I wonder who buys his menthols?
Probably stocks up overseas when he's on one of his 100 million dollar taxpayer vacations. LOL!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20357 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
No, even at your income, you will be forced to buy health insurance or pay the so-called tax. The tax will increase every year so don't get too used to the smaller tax now.

Supposedly, they will use your income on a sliding-scale to determine how much the federal government will pay into your premium costs. I don't know what that calculation is though.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20358 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>How in the world could someone, anyone, judge this post; Spam, disagree & or clueless when it only ask questions & for information.
This previous post gives NO opinions or tries to make a point but is 'judged' as Spam, Clueless & Disagree!?!?
How can one disagree with a question? How can one find a question as 'Spam' or 'Clueless'???
Close minded bias is ALL OVER those judgements. How sad that there are so many closed minded, blinders on minds out there.
So Sad!
I entirely agree with you. You asked a very polite innocuous question. I feel badly that you are even concerned or affected by the stupid little judgey things.When a decent intelligent person posts a thoughtful question, the devils will come out to conquer and divide and confuse and misinterpret.
Governor for himself

Logan, OH

#20359 Sep 10, 2013
I don't support a governor who approves of a judge who does this... Can governor Kasich did.

This Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus to the Ohio Supreme Court filed 12.12.12 outlines the crimes that have been committed on Clair and Ann Miller and petitions to release 80 year old Dad out of the incarceration he was abducted into on 9.12.12 by agents of Bellefontaine, Logan County Ohio corporation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/awvrj7mln30h9iy/1%2...

The Ohio Supreme Courtís answer denying this Writ therefore they condone MURDER, ELDER ABUSE and THEFT of THE PEOPLEíS ESTATES. This was the answer sent in response. Who are these people?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i55ruf68frbvm1/2%2...

People should know the government is your domestic enemy. The only interests they have are their own.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20360 Sep 10, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you explain exactly what the Obama Care that you don't give diddly about is? I don't know diddly about it and neither does anyone I know. I do know that there is not one idea or decision that Obama has made that I agree with. I'm so sick of his stuttering speeches, that while I like to keep informed (thus the reason I asked you the question} I've made plans to meet with friends at 6:00 pm. for dinner.
Mostly, I just flat out don't trust the government to run about anything, especially some thing so big! Obama can't even let the law run it's course & has by decree extended portions of it illegally! Why the Congress or Senate hasn't taken action on this.
And then the IRS is supposed to oversee it!
Just another reason not to trust them.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20361 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Mostly, I just flat out don't trust the government to run about anything, especially some thing so big! Obama can't even let the law run it's course & has by decree extended portions of it illegally! Why the Congress or Senate hasn't taken action on this.
And then the IRS is supposed to oversee it!
Just another reason not to trust them.
That reminds me of a true story.

I was at our post office in a long line. There was only one postal worker trying to service all of us. A black lady behind me said "This is ridiculous. Don't they have the brains to bring somebody else out here to move this line along???"

I turneed around and said "Just think, these are the same people who will be running our healthcare in this country." She just gave me a dirty look. LOL! ObamaPhones.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20362 Sep 10, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I entirely agree with you. You asked a very polite innocuous question. I feel badly that you are even concerned or affected by the stupid little judgey things.When a decent intelligent person posts a thoughtful question, the devils will come out to conquer and divide and confuse and misinterpret.
I am truly not concerned. Just totally mystified & somewhat curious as to the mind set & thought processes (or lack there of) of such people.
Their 'judgements' in such cases can carry no validity.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20363 Sep 10, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>. Insurance has been about $6000 a year for decades- either you have not had it , somebody else has paid it or your on welfare-again! Sounds like at your age, you have realized you have to have it! Get another job, or get on what you hate, "Welfare"!! Everyone with your life results needs custom health care and housing! Don't you think?? You got time for a job- your on this forum 24-7!!! Just saying!
You make so many ASSUMPTIONS, accusations, exaggerations, & baseless statements that there can be no good reply to simple meanness.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20364 Sep 10, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's tough. You really aren't "poor" (in the technical poverty sense) but that's not much to live on. You are lucky you don't have any dependents.
I HAD dependents not long ago. TOO many money sucking in-laws. I got smart (a little too late) & finally kicked their asse$ out. lol
lol

Wellston, OH

#20365 Sep 10, 2013
lol
WaterWalkingJewi shZombie

Canton, OH

#20366 Sep 11, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pops. Remember when you were crying over me calling the GOP racists? You claimed it was unfounded in any way whatsoever? I'm guessing you are just too out of touch to realize the comments above made by sloppy Annie are racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are all the original legacy posters? 10 min Anonymous of Indy 207
Joan Rivers pranked by Johnny Carson 26 min 25 characters long 1
Is Roger Goodell ruining the NFL? (Dec '12) 46 min tyler adams 24
Is Obuma the BiGGEST FRAUD EVER? 1 hr Check Facts 4
The Michael Brown Case 1 hr appleman 59
Arctic Ice Cap Grows Same Year Al Gore Predicte... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 2
The non-troll discussion thread. 1 hr Duke for Mayor 19
Second American Journalist beheaded 2 hr Duke for Mayor 24
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 3 hr Liar liar 2,312
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info