Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 923)

Showing posts 18,441 - 18,460 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwwww you didn't get a mom and pop trust fund? That's too darn bad. Suck it up buttercup. Youll be getting all them there feeebies that you voted for your whole life soon enough... just keep hoping for hope and change.....and click yer heals together.... ROFLMAO
And you keep bragging about high moral standards??? You're like a hemophiliac that wants to take up fencing.
I see. So when I claimed you were just another free ride, silver spoon who hasn't worked an honest day in his life, I nailed it right on the head. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if you don't mind, I would rather get my advice from someone who isn't just another sweater vest, country club boy and who can appreciate EARNING everything they own. Oh, and be sure to pay those taxes. Pay them real pretty like. You leeches on society have to pay the piper someday.
Michelle

Fostoria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Strickland

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Oopsie Fact Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So when I claimed you were just another free ride, silver spoon who hasn't worked an honest day in his life, I nailed it right on the head. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if you don't mind, I would rather get my advice from someone who isn't just another sweater vest, country club boy and who can appreciate EARNING everything they own. Oh, and be sure to pay those taxes. Pay them real pretty like. You leeches on society have to pay the piper someday.
You've never worked a days worth of work in your life.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Oopsie Fact Time wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the most twisted thinking people in the world or you are good at acting like it. Either way you earn 5 stars in either category.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Oopsie Fact Time wrote:
In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress.
Wonder who in Congress keeps stopping those freebies being handed out to big oil companies? Up to $52 billion in free ride hand-outs?
Here let me get out of the way of the Conservative rage over this obvious free loading scheme. Cue the crickets...
Using a very broad definition applied by Oil Change International, the term “subsidies” refers to:“any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers, or lowers the price paid by consumers.” So based upon the first of these criteria, let’s assume that the president is referring to three types of oil and gas company tax “loopholes”: 1) an oil depletion allowance; 2) expensing drilling costs; and 3), a credit for taxes paid to foreign nations during foreign operations (a foreign tax credit). Yet in one form or another, these same advantages are extended to other industries as well, and often with more generous benefits.

The oil and gas extraction and refining has already been singled out to receive even fewer tax breaks than other industries. Whereas Section 199 of the “American Job Creation Act of 2004” provides a 9% deduction from net income for businesses engaged in “qualified production activities”, oil and gas was penalized and limited to a 6% deduction. Passed with strong bipartisan congressional support, the intent was to provide a competitive advantage to domestic companies engaged in product manufacturing, sales, leasing or licensing, and production-related software activities.

Many manufacturing industries, including farm equipment, appliances and pharmaceuticals take advantage of the full Section 199 deduction. Even highly profitable companies like Microsoft and Apple get those breaks, as do some foreign companies that operate factories in the U.S.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/07...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"One major tax break for energy companies is a nearly century-old benefit letting them deduct "intangible drilling costs" (IDC) immediately rather than over time.
Most of the IDC is for the labor costs of drilling a well.
Legislation drafted by Democratic Senator Robert Menendez would limit this break, among others. Ending it completely would raise $14 billion over a decade, according to the White House."
"Many tax experts across the political spectrum said the IDC is a clear exception made for oil."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/26/us-...
Oil depletion allowances, the first category, principally apply to small independent producers, with similar benefits available for all mineral extraction, timber industries, etc., allowing them to pass the depletion on to individual investors. Large integrated corporations haven’t been eligible for these since the mid-1970s. Expensing indirect drilling costs involves writing off expenses in the year incurred rather than capitalizing them and writing them off over several years. Closing this “loophole” would only change the timing of taking the expense, not the total amounts of the so-called “subsidy”.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/07...
MARY

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

HERE'S SMALLEST MAN IN THE WORLD

READ HERE

http://goo.gl/aF5phj
You dishonored your Oath

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

John Kasich are you going to fill the vacancy of judge in Logan County that Michael L. Brady refused by not filing his bond? He not only has violated the Ohio Constitution and Statutes but Federal 5 USC 2906!

Or are you going to keep sweeping this under the rug because it is a Republican county and praying nobody cares??

Our forefathers would be ashamed I am sure....
Wth

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

You people must be really bored
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Wth wrote:
Fire calling the kettle black?????
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil depletion allowances...
"Intangible drilling costs" (IDC) deductions are different from oil depletion allowances, and available to all oil companies, not just small ones.

"Intangible Drilling Costs: These costs include everything but the actual drilling equipment. Labor, chemicals, mud, grease and other miscellaneous items necessary for drilling are considered intangible. These expenses generally constitute 65-80% of the total cost of drilling a well and are 100% deductible in the year incurred."
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/07/oil-t...
Plain and Simple

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Fire calling the kettle black?????
I could be mistaken but I have always heard, "pot calling the kettle black". I think that that makes more sense.
But if you ask Canton, what do either of us know? roflmao
Plain and Simple

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Wth wrote:
No more bored than you for you even posting.
Start something that you think is 'exciting & stimulating' & see what comments you get.
PopsIsTheWeasel

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Plain and Simple wrote:
<quoted text>I could be mistaken but I have always heard, "pot calling the kettle black". I think that that makes more sense.
Gee Pops. After all that whining you did about me changing my screen name, here you are. So let's recap. You cried about name calling, followed by me posting several examples of you calling others names. Then you got caught posting Tea Bagger propaganda from an email newsletter and denied it, followed by you claiming that it was all just a big misunderstanding, and that you weren't lying (again), but didn't word it properly. Now you change your screen name. So you are a hypocrite and a proven liar (again). You are GOP to the bone, no matter how much you lie about that too.
YourPappyBuiltTh at

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never worked a days worth of work in your life.
You should stop on by the steel foundry where I worked and share your opinions with them. Be sure to bring about a 100 people because your little momma's boy @ss wouldn't make it out the door.
YourPappyBuiltTh at

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Neat little fact about the agenda you guys suck off every time you vote...

If the minimum wage had grown at the same rate as the wages for the top 1%, it would be $28.34

Keep on voting against your own agenda, idiots.
yep123

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

?
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Plain and Simple wrote:
<quoted text>I could be mistaken but I have always heard, "pot calling the kettle black". I think that that makes more sense.
Actually both of those are legit. I just used the one that came to mind. LOL!
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Intangible drilling costs" (IDC) deductions are different from oil depletion allowances, and available to all oil companies, not just small ones.
"Intangible Drilling Costs: These costs include everything but the actual drilling equipment. Labor, chemicals, mud, grease and other miscellaneous items necessary for drilling are considered intangible. These expenses generally constitute 65-80% of the total cost of drilling a well and are 100% deductible in the year incurred."
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/07/oil-t...
The point is it wouldn't solve anything. They would just write if off throughout seven years instead of one.

The secondary point is that oil and gasoline companies are not getting all these tax breaks as the leftists would have you believe. They are not that much different than any other company that gets tax deductions. Leftists hate oil and that's why they started the myth of these supposed breaks. Yes, those write-offs do save them billions, but that's because nearly everybody in the world uses oil so their write-offs amount to billions.

It's just like the Wal-Mart myth. Wal-Mart is a great place to work and offers you the best chance at advancement. It's just that they are the largest store in the country and are not union. That's what Democrats don't like about them. K-Mart, Target and all the other competing stores pay their lower skilled employees the same.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

YourPappyBuiltThat wrote:
Neat little fact about the agenda you guys suck off every time you vote...
If the minimum wage had grown at the same rate as the wages for the top 1%, it would be $28.34
Keep on voting against your own agenda, idiots.
Yes it would. And your Big-Mac combo would be $13.95--not $5.95. Your car wash would be $15.00 and not $8.00. Your T-bone steak at the store would be $23.00 and not $11.00. Your $8.00 screwdriver at the hardware store would be $20.00.

Wait a minute! How did China get all our jobs again? Oh yeah, that's right, they make things cheaper thanks to our unions here.

Keep voting against your countries agenda, idiot. When will you libs learn that money doesn't appear out of thin air because you want it to?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,441 - 18,460 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What kind of God drowns 300 kids? 11 min OMG Those Poor Kids 17
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 56 min tranpsosition 34
Monte Woods (Mar '13) 1 hr momma1971 3
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 6 hr killa_the_compassionate 194
non religious requesting prayer 7 hr xyz 2
Hillary's fate? 7 hr xyz 8
Many Voters Say Obama Lies 7 hr xyz 17
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 8 hr Agree 1,986
•••