xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20287 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. In your mind, something is only "racial" if it's an insult. Of course, any educated person understands that the word "racial" is not an insult, it is an adjective that is defined as being "of, relating to, or based on a race." By definition, "half breed" is a racial term (as are "Asian" and "Caucasian.") It has no meaning outside of a racial context.
Now, it's quite possible that you are sincere and just uneducated about the meaning of words. But I suspect that you do understand that "half breed" is a racial epithet, but you don't want to be seen as a bigot, so you are being deliberately obtuse.
By the way, I'm always amused by your constant use of the insult "DumBama." By every measure, he is your intellectual superior. You are like a flabby weakling telling everyone how puny the Olympic athlete is. Obama has an undergraduate degree from Columbia University and Doctorate of Law from Harvard University. He's written several best selling books. He has traveled the world.
You drive a truck.
Yes he has traveled the world. And just look at how much it cost taxpayers:

Obama Africa Trip To Cost Up To $100 Million: Report
The Huffington Post | By Nick Wing
Posted: 06/14/2013 10:33 am EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/obam...

I love how you leftists think education makes one person better than another. It's been a staple of the Democrat party for decades. Bush is stupid, Reagan was dumb, Ford is a klutz and so on.

I call DumBama dumb because you need more than an education to be brilliant. You need common sense. In fact, the country would be in much better shape today if we had a President who had more common sense over education.

Yeah I'm a truck driver. I'm probably the only person on Topix that has a common mans job. Everybody else (particularly liberals) seem to be doing so much better than I am. On blogs, I've met published authors, scientists, doctors, college professors, CEO's company owners. Me? I'm the only truck driver here. LOL!

It's not that I have disdain for education the way you have for working people, it's just that in many cases, the more one learns, the less logic they possess. I guess this is why liberals are so void of common sense. There are people who have both education and common sense, but those are Republicans.

But hey....... why listen to me? After all, I'm only a truck driver, and what can a truck driver with common sense know over a Harvard graduate?

For one, I know that you can't put people back to work when you give them incentives to not work. I know you can't get the economy in the right direction when the federal government took over one-sixth of that economy. I know you can't get out of debt by spending more money. I know that when you promote irresponsibility, you end up with more irresponsible people. I know how to pronounce corpsman. I know we only have 50 states in our country, and I also know you can't save more oil by inflating your car tires than you can drilling for it.
Jimmy John

Middletown, OH

#20288 Sep 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he has traveled the world. And just look at how much it cost taxpayers:
Obama Africa Trip To Cost Up To $100 Million: Report
The Huffington Post | By Nick Wing
Posted: 06/14/2013 10:33 am EDT
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/14/obam...
I love how you leftists think education makes one person better than another. It's been a staple of the Democrat party for decades. Bush is stupid, Reagan was dumb, Ford is a klutz and so on.
I call DumBama dumb because you need more than an education to be brilliant. You need common sense. In fact, the country would be in much better shape today if we had a President who had more common sense over education.
Yeah I'm a truck driver. I'm probably the only person on Topix that has a common mans job. Everybody else (particularly liberals) seem to be doing so much better than I am. On blogs, I've met published authors, scientists, doctors, college professors, CEO's company owners. Me? I'm the only truck driver here. LOL!
It's not that I have disdain for education the way you have for working people, it's just that in many cases, the more one learns, the less logic they possess. I guess this is why liberals are so void of common sense. There are people who have both education and common sense, but those are Republicans.
But hey....... why listen to me? After all, I'm only a truck driver, and what can a truck driver with common sense know over a Harvard graduate?
For one, I know that you can't put people back to work when you give them incentives to not work. I know you can't get the economy in the right direction when the federal government took over one-sixth of that economy. I know you can't get out of debt by spending more money. I know that when you promote irresponsibility, you end up with more irresponsible people. I know how to pronounce corpsman. I know we only have 50 states in our country, and I also know you can't save more oil by inflating your car tires than you can drilling for it.
Does an education really make someone better than another? I don't think so. I went to school with someone who had a very high IQ, but this person could not tie his shoes. If you look at our congress, courts or police you see some real dumb people. What is the psychology behind all of them?
That's what makes the world go around.
Think About It !
Pops

Newport, KY

#20289 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

By the way, I'm always amused by your constant use of the insult "DumBama." By every measure, he is your intellectual superior. You are like a flabby weakling telling everyone how puny the Olympic athlete is. Obama has an undergraduate degree from Columbia University and Doctorate of Law from Harvard University. He's written several best selling books. He has traveled the world.
You drive a truck.
...."by EVERY MEASURE, he is your intellectual superior."
What a misstatement! Education & intelligence are not truly interchangeable terms.
In my opinion he is one of the dumbest "educated" people that I have ever been exposed to.
There are many people that have photographic memory or total recall that can 'fly' through schooling but would have trouble changing batteries in anything without 1st being shown how.
Obama likely couldn't manage a check book since he clearly hasn't balanced a budget that he PROMISED to do in his 1st 3 years, cut the deficit in 1/2 in his 1st term & we ALL see how that has come about.
I will concede that there are other things that Obama is better at than me, such as lying, denying, blaming others, wasting money, being arrogant except when in the presence of monarchs to which he bows when international agreements state that ALL heads of states are equals. So are their representatives or Maggie Thatcher, Golda Mier, Condi Rice & Hillary Clinton could not have functioned in many countries where women are subservient.
Obama & his indoctrinated minions just keep passing the kool-ade & the insecure, non-thinking voters that have unwarranted self esteem.
The media is out to make money 1st, often by deciding what is news, not actually reporting the news.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20290 Sep 7, 2013
Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
Does an education really make someone better than another? I don't think so. I went to school with someone who had a very high IQ, but this person could not tie his shoes. If you look at our congress, courts or police you see some real dumb people. What is the psychology behind all of them?
That's what makes the world go around.
Think About It !
Exactly. My late uncle was a very smart guy. All A's in college and his military training was a plus. He ended up dying as a janitor with not a dime to his name. First the drinking, then the gambling, and he finally did odd jobs until he landed the full time janitor job.

In my field of work, we have our share of college graduates. They were smart enough to go through college, but not smart enough to choose a career where there was a lot of employment. That's what I mean when I point out the difference between logic and education. You can't teach logic in school. You either have it or you don't. And what I've found from experience is that college boys make terrible truck drivers. Truck driving involves some education, but to be good at it, it mostly requires common sense.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20291 Sep 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. My late uncle was a very smart guy. All A's in college and his military training was a plus. He ended up dying as a janitor with not a dime to his name. First the drinking, then the gambling, and he finally did odd jobs until he landed the full time janitor job.
In my field of work, we have our share of college graduates. They were smart enough to go through college, but not smart enough to choose a career where there was a lot of employment. That's what I mean when I point out the difference between logic and education. You can't teach logic in school. You either have it or you don't. And what I've found from experience is that college boys make terrible truck drivers. Truck driving involves some education, but to be good at it, it mostly requires common sense.
I wonder how many of those super intelligent and super educated college graduates could pass the written CDL test, let alone the driving part. As when I pass a church or a semi, I always say a small prayer of thank you. It's a realistic indication of how well the economy is doing by the amount of trucks on the road. Thank God for truck drivers. Thank God for many other supposed blue collar workers also. It amuses me when the snot nose college grads make snotty comments and insults against the very people that made our once great country once great.
Some huge and popular corporations are now requiring tests instead of GPA and degrees when considering hiring someone. Harvard and the like, have let their primarily liberal professors, doom this country. Most don't even know the difference between a solvent and an acid, wet sanding or dry sanding. They are mostly a bunch of "whack em pack em" unidentifiable genders.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20292 Sep 7, 2013
Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
Does an education really make someone better than another? I don't think so.
When you are seriously ill, do you go to a medical doctor that has lots of "book learning", or do you go to an uneducated person who has lots of "common sense"?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20293 Sep 7, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many of those super intelligent and super educated college graduates could pass the written CDL test, let alone the driving part. As when I pass a church or a semi, I always say a small prayer of thank you. It's a realistic indication of how well the economy is doing by the amount of trucks on the road. Thank God for truck drivers. Thank God for many other supposed blue collar workers also. It amuses me when the snot nose college grads make snotty comments and insults against the very people that made our once great country once great.
Some huge and popular corporations are now requiring tests instead of GPA and degrees when considering hiring someone. Harvard and the like, have let their primarily liberal professors, doom this country. Most don't even know the difference between a solvent and an acid, wet sanding or dry sanding. They are mostly a bunch of "whack em pack em" unidentifiable genders.
On behalf of all truck drivers, I thank you for your prayers. We need them because truck driving is one of the ten most deadliest jobs in America.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/20...

Your comment reminds me of my nephew. He graduated with a Masters and has a great job. But he couldn't hammer two boards together if his life depended on it. LOL! He's a great kid and we're more like friends than relatives, so I raz him about it all the time.

Certain people are geared towards certain things I guess. Like my father, I couldn't stand to work inside. I've done it a few times and hated it. The only job I liked working inside was when I was teaching music at the music store. I enjoyed that although it was only part-time.

I found the same thing with teaching. For some reason or another, the students who were obsessed with sports had no ability to play a musical instrument. They tried, and I know when a student is practicing because his strings would be out of tune by the next lesson. They simply didn't have what it took no matter how much I tried to teach them. When my boss sent me a new student and he came into the studio with sports gear on talking about the Indians or Browns, I knew that kid stood no chance at ever being a musician.

On that note (no pun intended), I couldn't tell you about one football play or basketball move. It just doesn't interest me. I guess that's why I'm on Topix discussing politics.
citizen

Mount Gilead, OH

#20294 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are seriously ill, do you go to a medical doctor that has lots of "book learning", or do you go to an uneducated person who has lots of "common sense"?
. Hey now- I think your spot on in judging POP's on his kool aid opinion of Obama! Everyone should have respect for our President regardless of their politics! I feel his color is a major fault for many, so they use the Fox News "kool aid", as a sheep follower opinion! POP's is the type that waits for the polls to decide, before he votes, IF, he even votes! Most truck drivers don't, they just jaw! Obama is probably the best educated president the country has had! Opinion's are like butts, everyone has one!
Jimmy John

Middletown, OH

#20295 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you brought the subject up. I could tell you a bunch about medical doctors but will save you all the details. I chose one with common sense.

If you would like to talk about the government or the congress or judges or prosecutors or the law I will be glad to join in.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20296 Sep 7, 2013
Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
Does an education really make someone better than another?
Let me ask you again: when you are sick, do you go to someone who was educated in medical school? Do you think that education made them a better doctor?

You are able to read my words because someone taught you to read. Did that education make you a better person?

Or do you really think that all education is pointless?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20297 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you again: when you are sick, do you go to someone who was educated in medical school? Do you think that education made them a better doctor?
You are able to read my words because someone taught you to read. Did that education make you a better person?
Since I kicked this conversation off, I'll quote myself here:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you leftists think education makes one person better than another.
Jimmy John

Middletown, OH

#20298 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is weird how you think or believe that an education makes a better person. I disagree; it is the person who makes a better person not his education. There a good doctors, carpenters, teachers, etc and there are those that are bad: just like there are bad truck drivers (no pun intended).

I had more education after school than while in school. So that education to me was pointless.
NLVR

United States

#20299 Sep 7, 2013
Jimmy John wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you brought the subject up. I could tell you a bunch about medical doctors but will save you all the details. I chose one with common sense.
If you would like to talk about the government or the congress or judges or prosecutors or the law I will be glad to join in.
I will just be glad when Kasich is no longer part of our lives and we can get on with our own.
Jimmy John

Middletown, OH

#20300 Sep 7, 2013
NLVR wrote:
<quoted text>
I will just be glad when Kasich is no longer part of our lives and we can get on with our own.
There were prevous post about Kasich and the money he made from companys. He hasn't done anything for the people of Ohio.
Jimmy John

Middletown, OH

#20301 Sep 7, 2013
Here is some interesting reading as Danny Bubp wants to be a judge in Brown County, Ohio.
www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/ROD/docs/pdf/0/2013... - 57k - 2013-01-28

We don't need him. Wonder what other government office he is going to have while being a judge.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20302 Sep 7, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
IF they don't need to write a prescription, I would go to the one with common sense.
Personally I have been to 3 PHD/MD's for an issue of which they have about 25-30% agreement as to condition & treatment which leaves a lot of space for disagreement.
Personally, I have 2 sisters that are RN's & some of these doctors that they talk about should be sued, fired & cooked over a charcoal grill, BUT they got their M.D.'s which means a lot, on paper.
I have had a DOCTOR in an O.R. that diagnosed a hand injury as a 'sprain' & treated me with an Ace Bandage for 6 weeks but the injury was in fact a BROKEN BONE that NEVER healed being treated as a sprain & is still broken to this day which has lead to very avoidable arthritis.
So from MY experience, YOU & your argument can kiss my butt.
The primary reason to go to a "medical doctor" with 'book learning' is procedure/insurance reasons.
Claude

Mount Gilead, OH

#20303 Sep 7, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>IF they don't need to write a prescription, I would go to the one with common sense.
Personally I have been to 3 PHD/MD's for an issue of which they have about 25-30% agreement as to condition & treatment which leaves a lot of space for disagreement.
Personally, I have 2 sisters that are RN's & some of these doctors that they talk about should be sued, fired & cooked over a charcoal grill, BUT they got their M.D.'s which means a lot, on paper.
I have had a DOCTOR in an O.R. that diagnosed a hand injury as a 'sprain' & treated me with an Ace Bandage for 6 weeks but the injury was in fact a BROKEN BONE that NEVER healed being treated as a sprain & is still broken to this day which has lead to very avoidable arthritis.
So from MY experience, YOU & your argument can kiss my butt.
The primary reason to go to a "medical doctor" with 'book learning' is procedure/insurance reasons.
. Ever think you needed to take up knitting? You don't have any luck on here! As someone else said" opinions are like butts", everyone has one!
Pops

Newport, KY

#20304 Sep 7, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>. Hey now- I think your spot on in judging POP's on his kool aid opinion of Obama! Everyone should have respect for our President regardless of their politics! I feel his color is a major fault for many, so they use the Fox News "kool aid", as a sheep follower opinion! POP's is the type that waits for the polls to decide, before he votes, IF, he even votes! Most truck drivers don't, they just jaw! Obama is probably the best educated president the country has had! Opinion's are like butts, everyone has one!
1st, I respect the office of president of the United States. Next; that does NOT mean that the person in that office deserves that respect that the position warrants.
2nd Being a president is what the kool ade drinkers rely on. That does NOT mean that the pres is NOT a brain or jackass.
In our current situation, the person occupying the office of president is a total jackass. Many zoo's in the world would love his DNA to perpetuate the species.
Personally, that species can become extinct & we would ALL be better off.
To briefly clarify...Obama is a witless, butt kissing, them or us idiot. With IDIOT being the key word
Pops

Newport, KY

#20305 Sep 7, 2013
Claude wrote:
<quoted text>. Ever think you needed to take up knitting? You don't have any luck on here! As someone else said" opinions are like butts", everyone has one!
Interesting. The reverse would be true too which would include YOU. Interesting....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20306 Sep 7, 2013
NLVR wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like less jobs, higher unemployment rate than the rest of the country, an 8 billion dollar debt? Is that what you consider "get on with our own?"

Sorry, but I like the way things are going now in Ohio. A smaller unemployment rate than the rest of the country, slimmed down spending and thus, an eliminated debt, more companies and corporations considering out state for new business, and current businesses deciding to stay in Ohio rather than leave for higher grounds.

But why would we want that--right? Let's go back to the way things were before Kasich.

Debt means no money. Debt likely means stressed credit. Debt means failure. Why any fool would elect failure over success is really beyond my ability to understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 49 min Rita 2,728
SeriousLady, BizzyBee, Catman Rowdy , everybody... 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 25
impeachment 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 58
benghazi! 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 10
BizzyBee Catman Gokeefe et al 4 hr Big Johnson 80
5 MILLION NEW WORKERS - Omg! 5 hr Matthew 22 21 8
Man Shot Multiple Times In North Columbus Alley 6 hr astonished by ign... 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 13 hr Male 4,553
Columbus Dating
Find my Match