Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18459 Apr 15, 2013
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> and the "reality" of your job moving over seas is what? 9bama signed two trade deals like nafta that allow stake holders (corporattions) meet in secret without congress ( our elected officials) participating. Kinda like when he decides to attack more middle eastren countries with the un and congress doesn't have a say.
But you're right about global warming and the un. I have ruined the planet with my 4 cylinder and should be made a slave because of that.lol!
Sorry you lost your job, I lost mine last week but I already landed another.
You mean attacking middle eastern countries like when Obama took out the number one terrorist in the world or do you mean like when GW and the Christian right gleefully sent our American soldiers off to die in a meaningless war, and lied to Congress about WMDs so Cheney's Halliburton could make billions in no bid contracts?
ComeOutOfYourCav es

Canton, OH

#18460 Apr 15, 2013
Funny how "scientific" you guys suddenly become when trying to disprove global warming. Now let's hear you explain why you fight so hard for the exact same message the energy industry spent millions of dollars on in propaganda against global warming. Here's a hint, people in church were making bold statements on global weather patterns a decade before Gore said a word about it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was going on at the exact same time the oil billionaire Koch brothers who directly fund the Tea Party were spending millions to get people to not believe in climate change. Funny how you guys are still buying it, even after the oil billionaires did a complete turn around and now claim that global warming exists and it is most certainly caused by man. Just shows how clueless you guys really are.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#18461 Apr 15, 2013
ComeOutOfYourCaves wrote:
<quoted text>
That Copernicus guy's views are really old also. Yet the earth still revolves around the sun. Funny. He was called a kook and was thrown in prison by the church for his scientific findings. That just proves that there has always been a group of nutballs who think they know better than science. Luckily, our country is leaving relics like that in the past. So when you morons start talking about "the end is near", in your case, you nailed it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Coperni...

Copernicus was never imprisoned by the Church, that was Galileo.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#18462 Apr 15, 2013
ComeOutOfYourCaves wrote:
Funny how "scientific" you guys suddenly become when trying to disprove global warming. Now let's hear you explain why you fight so hard for the exact same message the energy industry spent millions of dollars on in propaganda against global warming. Here's a hint, people in church were making bold statements on global weather patterns a decade before Gore said a word about it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was going on at the exact same time the oil billionaire Koch brothers who directly fund the Tea Party were spending millions to get people to not believe in climate change. Funny how you guys are still buying it, even after the oil billionaires did a complete turn around and now claim that global warming exists and it is most certainly caused by man. Just shows how clueless you guys really are.
http://www.climatedepot.com/2009/10/06/dont-m...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#18463 Apr 15, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
Although there were claims of "global cooling" in the 1970s, there was never a scientific consensus that it was happening. In fact, it was a minority viewpoint, even then.

"In the 1970s, there was increasing awareness that estimates of global temperatures showed cooling since 1945. Of those scientific papers considering climate trends over the 21st century, only 10% inclined towards future cooling, while most papers predicted future warming."

"In response to such reports, the World Meteorological Organization issued a warning in June 1976 that a very significant warming of global climate was probable."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling#c...
hottiejfiwfgufgf g

Englewood, OH

#18464 Apr 15, 2013
fiuf938r28fr0ry0
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18465 Apr 15, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text> Brilliant minds think alike, hey?:-)
I think I know you. Your Topix name looks familiar. ;-D
Anonymous

Upper Sandusky, OH

#18466 Apr 15, 2013
Give me kasick!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#18467 Apr 15, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the current statements of all the above organizations. If you believe differently, please give me a link to any of those organizations that have changed their views.
<quoted text>
A quote from YOUR article:
"Although he believes in global warming, Hoerling said greenhouse gas concentrations weren't behind the heat wave in the Midwest region.
"I'm an advocate of global warming because science tells me that greenhouse gases have warmed the planet by about 1 degree Celsius in the last 100 years. So there's no question about that," he said."
You tell em, Old Guy. The non believers are still mouth breathin' and knuckle draggin'.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#18468 Apr 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I know you. Your Topix name looks familiar. ;-D
How are you buddy?
what the hel-

United States

#18470 Apr 15, 2013
Why is this crap still on here when its 2013? I don't care if your a demarcate or a Republican you should be able to understand its over now so for God sake delete this dam* post. THANK YOU!
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#18471 Apr 16, 2013
ComeOutOfYourCaves wrote:
Funny how "scientific" you guys suddenly become when trying to disprove global warming. Now let's hear you explain why you fight so hard for the exact same message the energy industry spent millions of dollars on in propaganda against global warming. Here's a hint, people in church were making bold statements on global weather patterns a decade before Gore said a word about it. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that it was going on at the exact same time the oil billionaire Koch brothers who directly fund the Tea Party were spending millions to get people to not believe in climate change. Funny how you guys are still buying it, even after the oil billionaires did a complete turn around and now claim that global warming exists and it is most certainly caused by man. Just shows how clueless you guys really are.
Have you been reading TASS? I'll bet you were born in the USSR?
PoopDpants

Canton, OH

#18473 Apr 16, 2013
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> and the "reality" of your job moving over seas is what? 9bama signed two trade deals like nafta that allow stake holders (corporattions) meet in secret without congress ( our elected officials) participating. Kinda like when he decides to attack more middle eastren countries with the un and congress doesn't have a say.
But you're right about global warming and the un. I have ruined the planet with my 4 cylinder and should be made a slave because of that.lol!
Sorry you lost your job, I lost mine last week but I already landed another.
Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha! You tried to blame the companie's poor choices on Obama. Seeing Bush was president then, what a stretch. Just admit it. You guys don't like black people.

“ +IAN, AMERICAN, OHIOAN, BELLE”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18475 Apr 16, 2013
GameBoyAdvanced wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, this American born, taxpaying, Christian schooled, Eagle Scout, who worked for Newt Gingrich is the poster boy for all things American. Now other than you being another gunshow gloryh0le kook seeing commies hiding behind every tree, what else are you absolutely clueless about? It's funny how everyone who is smart enough to see past lame rightwing propaganda like the new Red Scare 2.0, is a "Liberal". The truth is, I know much more about the hoops you mindlessly jump through than you do and I can tell you from working behind the scenes, the GOP conservatives are a bunch of deviants who think they know what's best for everyone. We'll let the elections sum up what REAL Americans think of that.
Now if you are done with your fantasies of everyone being a commie, shouldn't you "patriots" get back to turning on your own country because you lost and that mean old black man is in your white house? Or what most voting Americans like to call....treason.
Well that's quite a "speel," but pardon me for asking: "Isn't Newt a "rightwinger?" I am a "rightwinger," & I feel Newt is one of us.
Doesn't Newt oppose abortion, favor traditional marriage, strong on defense, a fiscal conservative, a strict constitutionalist, & strongly "pro-American?

As for Eagle Scouts, I have had "some" experience. I took a group of Eagles to DC for a week. I have never heard such fowl language in all my life, not even fron FLIPPER-FLOPPER here on TOPIX.
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#18476 Apr 16, 2013
GameBoyAdvanced wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, this American born, taxpaying, Christian schooled, Eagle Scout, who worked for Newt Gingrich is the poster boy for all things American. Now other than you being another gunshow gloryh0le kook seeing commies hiding behind every tree, what else are you absolutely clueless about? It's funny how everyone who is smart enough to see past lame rightwing propaganda like the new Red Scare 2.0, is a "Liberal". The truth is, I know much more about the hoops you mindlessly jump through than you do and I can tell you from working behind the scenes, the GOP conservatives are a bunch of deviants who think they know what's best for everyone. We'll let the elections sum up what REAL Americans think of that.
Now if you are done with your fantasies of everyone being a commie, shouldn't you "patriots" get back to turning on your own country because you lost and that mean old black man is in your white house? Or what most voting Americans like to call....treason.
Really, I earned my Eagle in 1961. I know of no Eagle young or old that would buy into global warming. CO2 is a byproduct of heat and not the other way around. Climate change has little or nothing to do with mankind; we haven't been on Earth that long. We are able to react to climate, but we cannot change the climate.
I have much mistrust in your comments, not.
free hot wings and beer

Lafayette, OH

#18477 Apr 16, 2013
i attained EAGLE @ age 13 and i can tell you: sweet callista gingrich would make the best 1ST Lady in americhin' history......Baby!

vote early
vote no (again)

~no charge
The South Lost

Canton, OH

#18478 Apr 16, 2013
DON W SOUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's quite a "speel," but pardon me for asking: "Isn't Newt a "rightwinger?" I am a "rightwinger," & I feel Newt is one of us.
Doesn't Newt oppose abortion, favor traditional marriage, strong on defense, a fiscal conservative, a strict constitutionalist, & strongly "pro-American?
As for Eagle Scouts, I have had "some" experience. I took a group of Eagles to DC for a week. I have never heard such fowl language in all my life, not even fron FLIPPER-FLOPPER here on TOPIX.
Yep. Newt is a tool of the Koch brothers. The Koch brother oil billionaires were the ones who helped Newt with his contract with America. He's been in the pocket of the energy industry for a very long time. So is Palin, Romney, Bachmann, Perry...all directly paid by the same oil billionaires who spent millions to refute global warming and who fund the Tea Party. As far as me working for them. It was to pay the bills. That was back when I didn't care about either side. I'm not a Liberal. I'm just smart enough to realize that a whole bunch of old, white, wealthy Christians got taken for a ride by the energy industry and the Bush administration and I had a backstage pass while it was happening. On your Eagle Scout comment...go f@ck yourself.
The South Lost

Canton, OH

#18479 Apr 16, 2013
The energy industry cashing in on the religious right is the reason why people in church were making bold statements about global weather patterns, with no Biblical founding, a decade before Gore said a word about it. Pure propaganda. Millions of dollars spent to convince religious people that fossil fuels can do no wrong, provided by the same people who have kept us chained to the middle east. Unless of course you believe that abortion or gay marriage has anything to do with what the GOP stands for. Purely a religious carrot on a stick...and oh how you bought it.

A quote from the Sec. of Interior under Ronald Reagan. In charge of our environment in the United States.

"We don't need to protect the environment,. The second coming is at hand." James Watt.

Outspoken anti-environmentalist, oil man, right wing Christian Conservative. Now about that war in Iraq...
GBA

Saint Marys, OH

#18481 Apr 16, 2013
free hot wings and beer wrote:
i attained EAGLE @ age 13 and i can tell you: sweet callista gingrich would make the best 1ST Lady in americhin' history......Baby!
vote early
vote no (again)
~no charge
Two years, eh? I'll bet your Daddy make your pinewood derby car too.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18483 Apr 16, 2013
The South Lost wrote:
The energy industry cashing in on the religious right is the reason why people in church were making bold statements about global weather patterns, with no Biblical founding, a decade before Gore said a word about it. Pure propaganda. Millions of dollars spent to convince religious people that fossil fuels can do no wrong, provided by the same people who have kept us chained to the middle east. Unless of course you believe that abortion or gay marriage has anything to do with what the GOP stands for. Purely a religious carrot on a stick...and oh how you bought it.
A quote from the Sec. of Interior under Ronald Reagan. In charge of our environment in the United States.
"We don't need to protect the environment,. The second coming is at hand." James Watt.
Outspoken anti-environmentalist, oil man, right wing Christian Conservative. Now about that war in Iraq...
I really have no idea where you dreamt up this notion that religions are promoting anything when it comes to climate. They don't even talk about it. While it's been some time since I last attended church, I still have many family members that do, and they claim you don't know what you're talking about. But if you still want to live in that bubble, why don't you show us all this money the church is getting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Trump/Palin 2016? 58 min Just Saying 49
Dead Clown Walking 2 hr Pale Rider 44
Migrants causing havoc in Europe 2 hr tranpsosition 38
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 5 hr anthony 2,824
The Biggest Liar On Topix 6 hr RS is white trash 16
News Steampunk In Columbus 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Charlie Browns best friend Linus dies at 90. 8 hr They cannot kill ... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages