Thomas Scutillo

Midland, OH

#18403 Apr 10, 2013
since the days of walking out of a 2 desk school with open enrollment .....VOUCHERS are a parent best friend
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#18407 Apr 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Teachers & counselors 7 most principals appreciated my involvement with my sons & the fact that I was a single custodial parent/dad.
I got understanding, cooperation & good information in return. It does work.
1 son is a fine mechanic, 1 has been in the Navy for nearly 10 yrs now & 1 is going to college working towards a Phd.
It wasn't easy being out numbered by 3 rambunctious boys, there was no one to to teach me or classes to go to. I was a work in progress myself...still am really.
Just curious...how could anyone legitimately 'judge' this post as incendiary or racy as was just done? Just curious
18WheelsOfIgnora nce

Canton, OH

#18409 Apr 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Get rid of the unions and that will straighten out most of the problems with our public servants. The thing is teaching is one of the greatest jobs to have and that's why there are way more teachers than there are jobs. Everybody wants to be a teacher.
In a non-union atmosphere, the teachers would cry for more money and benefits and the school would tell them that if you don't like it, leave. That's what goes on in the public sector every day. You don't like it here, then we'll find somebody that will be more than happy to take your place.
While people are losing jobs and the family income is shrinking, these teachers want only more. Unions have no place in the public sector.
Strange how a working man like yourself can be so gung-ho about taking away unions and worker's rights, yet not a peep about CEOs running companies into the ground while giving themselves fat bonuses. Just like with your disbelief in global warming, your keepers have trained you well. Now jump through the hoop for the millionaires, little tea bagger.

Hey neat. Just read an article where over a million people a year die from air pollution in China. It's because they are not really regulated. You know, like what Bush did. Wonder if lung related illness is on the rise here in the US?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18410 Apr 11, 2013
18WheelsOfIgnorance wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange how a working man like yourself can be so gung-ho about taking away unions and worker's rights, yet not a peep about CEOs running companies into the ground while giving themselves fat bonuses. Just like with your disbelief in global warming, your keepers have trained you well. Now jump through the hoop for the millionaires, little tea bagger.
Hey neat. Just read an article where over a million people a year die from air pollution in China. It's because they are not really regulated. You know, like what Bush did. Wonder if lung related illness is on the rise here in the US?
Yes, I know, liberals are on this constant strive to make us all immortal. Nobody should die of anything, and if they do, then government must do something about it.

I'm surprised you don't like GW. After all, under him, they lowered sulfur in diesel fuel which made it much more expensive. So now when your household goods and food cost a little more, thank GW. Next time you go to the grocery store, see if you can buy a 100 watt incandescent light bulb. You can't? And why not? That's right, it was under GW that those bulbs were made illegal to sell today, and in the coming years, all wattage of incandescent bulbs will no longer be for sale in this country.

There is nothing strange about my stance on unions. I can't tell you how many customers we lost because of them. Unions would hold their ground for pay increases or benefits, and the companies had no choice but to move down south or out of the country entirely just to get away from them. The less manufacturing in this area, the less work for me. The more of our customers that close shop, the less work for me. Why would I have any good opinion about unions?

Of course, that's not the only reason I hate unions. After all, I pay property tax and a lot of it. Over half of the money I pay in property taxes goes to the schools. Several years ago, they built all new schools because Strickland made us an offer our city Democrats couldn't refuse: we come up with half of the money for all new schools and the state will put us in more debt by matching our half.

We built the new schools and my property tax had the largest increase since I've lived here. One of the reasons it was so expensive is because the unions sued our city because they wanted to hire the lowest bidders to build our schools. According to state law, if we use state money, we have to use union companies and labor or pay prevailing wage. That cost us a bundle, and I'm paying for it.
18WheelsOfIgnora nce

Canton, OH

#18412 Apr 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know, liberals are on this constant strive to make us all immortal. Nobody should die of anything, and if they do, then government must do something about it.
I'm surprised you don't like GW. After all, under him, they lowered sulfur in diesel fuel which made it much more expensive. So now when your household goods and food cost a little more, thank GW. Next time you go to the grocery store, see if you can buy a 100 watt incandescent light bulb. You can't? And why not? That's right, it was under GW that those bulbs were made illegal to sell today, and in the coming years, all wattage of incandescent bulbs will no longer be for sale in this country.
There is nothing strange about my stance on unions. I can't tell you how many customers we lost because of them. Unions would hold their ground for pay increases or benefits, and the companies had no choice but to move down south or out of the country entirely just to get away from them. The less manufacturing in this area, the less work for me. The more of our customers that close shop, the less work for me. Why would I have any good opinion about unions?
Of course, that's not the only reason I hate unions. After all, I pay property tax and a lot of it. Over half of the money I pay in property taxes goes to the schools. Several years ago, they built all new schools because Strickland made us an offer our city Democrats couldn't refuse: we come up with half of the money for all new schools and the state will put us in more debt by matching our half.
We built the new schools and my property tax had the largest increase since I've lived here. One of the reasons it was so expensive is because the unions sued our city because they wanted to hire the lowest bidders to build our schools. According to state law, if we use state money, we have to use union companies and labor or pay prevailing wage. That cost us a bundle, and I'm paying for it.
"...the companies had no choice but to move down south..."

Wonder how much the owner of that company was making when he "had no choice"? The bottom line is when one looks at the pay increase over the last 20 years of the common working man, compared to what the CEOs give themselves, it is abundantly clear that their greed is the reason these companies do anything. We have flatlined while buddies of yours like GW opened the gates on the middleclass in favor of corporations. Also, GW was the one who deregulated the energy industry causing massive damage to the gulf coast due to BPs lax regulations.

You seem like a trained seal to me, barking back whatever bossman tells you to. Thinking what they have taught you to think. Believing the crap they slapped onto the side of a conservative Christian message which you folks gulped down hook, line and sinker. You keep believing that you are on the side of the poor little corporate CEOs. You keep singing the woes of their lavish lifestyles while chumps like yourself smile when tossed a plate of sh!t and preach to hard working taxpayers like myself that we should feel lucky to have it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18413 Apr 11, 2013
18WheelsOfIgnorance wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the companies had no choice but to move down south..."
Wonder how much the owner of that company was making when he "had no choice"? The bottom line is when one looks at the pay increase over the last 20 years of the common working man, compared to what the CEOs give themselves, it is abundantly clear that their greed is the reason these companies do anything. We have flatlined while buddies of yours like GW opened the gates on the middleclass in favor of corporations. Also, GW was the one who deregulated the energy industry causing massive damage to the gulf coast due to BPs lax regulations.
You seem like a trained seal to me, barking back whatever bossman tells you to. Thinking what they have taught you to think. Believing the crap they slapped onto the side of a conservative Christian message which you folks gulped down hook, line and sinker. You keep believing that you are on the side of the poor little corporate CEOs. You keep singing the woes of their lavish lifestyles while chumps like yourself smile when tossed a plate of sh!t and preach to hard working taxpayers like myself that we should feel lucky to have it.
CEO's are paid just like your entertainment friends. This is because they do a job very few of us can do. Also, CEO's (like actors and actresses) are paid on contract. Their contract pay is based on past performances. They have a reputation for turning companies around from great losses or producing more profit of successful companies. And if you don't want to pay them the millions they ask for, no problem, your competition will, and then that very same CEO will put your business under.

But like quarter backs who can't throw for a year or so, a star pitcher that has a terrible ERA the next year, or even the famous actor that acted in a flop movie, these people still get the money they were contracted for. CEO's no different.

You can't blame CEO's for the money you make either. It's the American consumer that's responsible. We won't support a floor sweeper making $22.00 per hour. We will sooner buy our products from Chinese or Indian companies. Every company would like to pay their employees more, but when they pay them more, they have to charge more for their product. When unions force them to pay employes more than their worth, the company faces more competition from overseas companies, and then has to relocate to stay alive. It's either that or join their former employees in the unemployment line.

You liberals don't understand business. You don't want to. Liberals only think of themselves and nobody else. They can never put the shoe on the other foot.
xxxrayted

Ironton, OH

#18414 Apr 11, 2013
I need some xxx rated movies. Please give me your email if you want to sell, give or trade.
Tazzie

France

#18415 Apr 12, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
CEO's are paid just like your entertainment friends. This is because they do a job very few of us can do. Also, CEO's (like actors and actresses) are paid on contract. Their contract pay is based on past performances. They have a reputation for turning companies around from great losses or producing more profit of successful companies. And if you don't want to pay them the millions they ask for, no problem, your competition will, and then that very same CEO will put your business under.
But like quarter backs who can't throw for a year or so, a star pitcher that has a terrible ERA the next year, or even the famous actor that acted in a flop movie, these people still get the money they were contracted for. CEO's no different.
You can't blame CEO's for the money you make either. It's the American consumer that's responsible. We won't support a floor sweeper making $22.00 per hour. We will sooner buy our products from Chinese or Indian companies. Every company would like to pay their employees more, but when they pay them more, they have to charge more for their product. When unions force them to pay employes more than their worth, the company faces more competition from overseas companies, and then has to relocate to stay alive. It's either that or join their former employees in the unemployment line.
You liberals don't understand business. You don't want to. Liberals only think of themselves and nobody else. They can never put the shoe on the other foot.

Every company would like to pay their employee more !!!
what planet are you on ?
It's the selfish greedy companies that have contributed to this financial mess we are in and to be honest known of the above candidates are fit to wipe my azz let alone be in charge of the the great state of Ohio. they are like all politicans money and power they don't give a monkeys about the man on the street. they are all crooks who are only interested in fame and feathering their own nest.
Muddin58

Portsmouth, OH

#18416 Apr 12, 2013
Me!! Lol
PoorLittleRichBo ys

Canton, OH

#18417 Apr 12, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a company b1tch and I have no respect for you as a man.
PoorLittleRichBo ys

Canton, OH

#18418 Apr 12, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, repeat what the bossman told you. What about companies that worked for years until some "superstar" CEO bought it out and ran it into the ground? Oh, and I'm sure the companies moved their jobs to China because they didn't want to pay a floor sweeper $22 and hour...yah, right. I'm sure it's not because they don't want to be regulated or pay a decent wage. That couldn't possibly be it...right? What color is the sky on your planet? Ours is blue.

You are a fool. A blind, meek little company fetch boy. Get your nose out of bossman's @ss once and awhile and perhaps you'd see what a sniveling tool you are.
Bass Fisher

Cincinnati, OH

#18419 Apr 12, 2013
Kasich is a liar. He helped Bill Clinton pass NAFTA and expand GATT. Those two acts are what killed our economy the past 15 years. Ohio was a large manufacturing state and we have lost most of it. People complain about CEO of companies. If the CEO is looking out for the best interest of his/her company they will take operations overseas. There are lower wages fewer regs, and lower corporate taxes just to name a few. I am against foreign crap. After Bill Clinton pushed NAFTA through with people like Kasich's help, we have un-safe Mexican trucks on our highways with drivers working for as little as $4 per hour. China and Japan bring their crap in here with little or no tariff on finished goods yet finished American manufactured products face up to 65% tariff going into Japan and China.
poundsand

Miamisburg, OH

#18420 Apr 12, 2013
You class envy union goons crack me up. Having been a member of a couple of unions in my lifetime, I can speak from experience that in todayís world, they are more useless then tits on a boar hog and Iíve often believed that their greed has destroyed American Manufacturing.

It was Ross Perot who warned you union idiots about NAFTA but being the good little democrat puppets you are, you let Clinton begin the exporting of U.S. manufacturing jobs and it continues today.

Whine and moan about CEO's and republicans all you want. You only have your greedy union leaders to blame.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18421 Apr 12, 2013
PoorLittleRichBoys wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, repeat what the bossman told you. What about companies that worked for years until some "superstar" CEO bought it out and ran it into the ground? Oh, and I'm sure the companies moved their jobs to China because they didn't want to pay a floor sweeper $22 and hour...yah, right. I'm sure it's not because they don't want to be regulated or pay a decent wage. That couldn't possibly be it...right? What color is the sky on your planet? Ours is blue.
You are a fool. A blind, meek little company fetch boy. Get your nose out of bossman's @ss once and awhile and perhaps you'd see what a sniveling tool you are.
Sorry, I have no real "bossman" because I work for a small company with less than 15 employees. My employer could care less about what I think of CEO's or major corporations.

You are correct, businesses don't want to be regulated and yes, they do move when those regulations get too cumbersome. That's why DumBama created hundreds of new regulations on businesses and we are experiencing the result of that which is hovering around 8% unemployment for over four years.

No American business wants to move out of the US. They have to--and not for profit either. You haven't talked to any of these business people but I have. I spoke with owners and supervisors during their debate of whether to move down south or our of the country. Between taxes, regulations, workman's compensation insurance and yes, unions, it's impossible to produce sellable products.

It's the straw that broke the camels back in most cases. And let me tell you something Mr. Global Warming, you have plenty of straws on that camels back yourself, but you would never look in the mirror and partially blame yourself. Instead, blame some CEO whom you never met and who's job you don't understand.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#18425 Apr 12, 2013
To most of the last 5 posters (except Canton who wouldn't agree that the sun is bright & night is dark); Most 'greedy CEO's" answer to board members & stock holders. Who are some of those stock holders? Obama, Bush, Buffet, Soros, You & me if you have a 401K or a Roth or whatever. You & I don't vote directly but the Fund Management Companies vote for the collective clients whose funds that they do manage.
The financial problems have to be spread around. Unions helped greatly to ruin GM, Chrysler, Hostess & others.
Then do not forget AIG, Enron, numerous banks & too many others to remember that made financial screw ups & thefts rippled around the world & back.
Then there's the politicians around the world that promised too much & the citizens that expected too much.
Yep, ther's plenty of sources of blame.
PoorLittleRichBo ys

Canton, OH

#18430 Apr 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I have no real "bossman" because I work for a small company with less than 15 employees. My employer could care less about what I think of CEO's or major corporations.
You are correct, businesses don't want to be regulated and yes, they do move when those regulations get too cumbersome. That's why DumBama created hundreds of new regulations on businesses and we are experiencing the result of that which is hovering around 8% unemployment for over four years.
No American business wants to move out of the US. They have to--and not for profit either. You haven't talked to any of these business people but I have. I spoke with owners and supervisors during their debate of whether to move down south or our of the country. Between taxes, regulations, workman's compensation insurance and yes, unions, it's impossible to produce sellable products.
It's the straw that broke the camels back in most cases. And let me tell you something Mr. Global Warming, you have plenty of straws on that camels back yourself, but you would never look in the mirror and partially blame yourself. Instead, blame some CEO whom you never met and who's job you don't understand.
Mr.Global Warming. That's funny. How kookie of me to go with the scientists who predicted out planet was getting warmer, directly followed by the hottest decade in recorded weather history. Now do tell, truck driver smarter than NASA. Tell us all about how the earth is flat.

When propaganda gulping idiots like you make fun of me for seeing with my own eyes that the climate is undoubtedly changing, you all seem like a bunch of chimps who are laughing at me because I'm the only one who hasn't smeared himself with his own feces. That's just how freaking stupid you tea bagging, boss man suck @sses seem to me. Since I have never worked in a union shop and seeing how my taxes have paid for the roads, police and fire departments that the bloated rich use daily, while they hide their money offshore to avoid paying their share, your straw that broke the camels back comments are about as ignorant6 as your religion and political views. Now side that up with the fact that I have worked a hundred times harder in my life that some fat, greasy lump sitting in a truck driver seat and you've got yourself an @sswhooping, son. Bye bye has been. Your whole country has left you and yours long in the past.
d pantz

Chicago, IL

#18431 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Mr.Global Warming. That's funny. How kookie of me to go with the scientists who predicted out planet was getting warmer, directly followed by the hottest decade in recorded weather history. Now do tell, truck driver smarter than NASA. Tell us all about how the earth is flat.
When propaganda gulping idiots like you make fun of me for seeing with my own eyes that the climate is undoubtedly changing, you all seem like a bunch of chimps who are laughing at me because I'm the only one who hasn't smeared himself with his own feces. That's just how freaking stupid you tea bagging, boss man suck @sses seem to me. Since I have never worked in a union shop and seeing how my taxes have paid for the roads, police and fire departments that the bloated rich use daily, while they hide their money offshore to avoid paying their share, your straw that broke the camels back comments are about as ignorant6 as your religion and political views. Now side that up with the fact that I have worked a hundred times harder in my life that some fat, greasy lump sitting in a truck driver seat and you've got yourself an @sswhooping, son. Bye bye has been. Your whole country has left you and yours long in the past.
please tell us more about the nasa research! http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/...
Oh that's right. They totally debunk the "scientists" data from the UN model.

Now I don't like to argue the science really. UN agenda 21 is what I like to argue with leftists about. So millions of people should lose their rights because I drive my toyota tercel to work every day?? While corporations are hardly regulated at all?
d pantz

Chicago, IL

#18432 Apr 14, 2013
Btw its alredy cooler than it was last year. How?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18433 Apr 14, 2013
<quoted text>
What left me are the jobs just as they left you. And if you are so blind as to not see how this global warming hoax increased the costs to our business through taxes, increased utility costs, transportation costs, equipment costs, regulation costs, then all I can say is keep your head in the sand and pretend you and yours are not at least partially responsible.

This is not making fun of you. This is telling you how you did your part by supporting something that has not and will never be proven--man made global warming.

Now if you are working so much harder than I am, then why don't you try truck driving for a change? We have plenty of jobs available you know. Take the months to go through the training. Then work for lower wages until you get the experience. Then get a better paying job while spending all day driving through our miserable global warming winters while trying to pilot a 70,000 lbs vehicle through snow storms, across icy bridges and roads without getting in an accident. Oh, and going out for a beer with your friends? Forget about it. Part of being a professional driver means you are under CDL regulations whether you drive your personal car or a tractor-trailer. Police can hold you to DUI standards of a truck which means two beers, and you are legally drunk. And once convicted of a DUI in your car, you lose your job and career. Same holds true if you get too many points or accidents in your car. Insurance companies that provide coverage for trucks will not cover you. You're fired.

Oh, and those road that the "bloated rich" use daily? Those bloated rich paid way more towards those roads in one year than you will in a lifetime. Speaking of the bloated rich, did you read that DumBama only paid 18% in taxes last year? Why, that's only 2.5% more than Romney paid.
d pantz

Chicago, IL

#18434 Apr 14, 2013
I wonder if poor little bich boy knows obama broke his promise to cut corporate tax loopholes and added a bunch of new ones? I wonder if he knows our taxes were raised and the corporate tax rate was untouched? Another broken obama campaign promise. Yeah, that's really making the "rich" pay their fair share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 4,780
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 1 hr So What 325
chanukah hanukkah day 2 3 hr Free Pizza 4 U 5
Boko Haram kidnaps 172 MORE women and girls!!! 4 hr what_me_worry_ 2
Afghanistan's dirty little secret 4 hr what_me_worry_ 3
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 4 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 28
Another Epic Obama Accomplishment 4 hr They cannot kill ... 13
Public Flogging 6 hr Support 14
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 6 hr Dusty Rhodes 261
Columbus Dating