Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17371 Jan 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, it's still Bush's fault.
I remember the warnings Republicans gave before the housing crisis. They were demonized by being called racist and uncaring about the poor. Then there was Bush's SS reform. Shot down like a kite flying in the sky. When Gingrich and the Republicans introduced Welfare Reform, it was said Republicans wanted to get even with the poor. Same thing when Gingrich introduced block grants for welfare and school lunches. The Democrats said Republicans wanted kids to starve.
Moving forward, we introduced Medicare reform. That led to commercials about granny getting pushed over the cliff in a wheelchair. Boehner fought hard to cut spending, and now the Republicans lost power not to mention seats in the Senate.
How can the Republicans do the right and proper thing if people and the liberal media won't support them? It's not possible. Don't blame Republican politicians for not doing the right thing, blame ignorant voters and the media instead.
like I tell those on the US politics forum when they blame Bush & the Republicans I tell them I blame the Democrats too for not offering better choices other than just Gore & Kerry and gave no better choice but Bush. Speaking of the housing crisis in April 2001 that is when the Bush Administration first red flagged Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac about trouble with the GSE but then was advocating for affordable housing in May 2002.

Home Ownership and President Bush



and then in October 2002 G.W. Bush gave another speech saying "we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want."

George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

and all G.W. Bush did was continue on with the Clinton home ownership policy.

and then speaking of Social Security Reform in chapter 11 of the book the main reason why Social Security reformed died was because of the option of allowing individuals to Privatize their Social Security Taxes and the foreseen biggest problem by the Federal Government was the lost tax revenue that the Federal Government would lose since the tax money would be no longer collected by the US Treasury which was the main reason that Social Security privatization died and besides the Federal Government was trying collect as much tax revenue as Federal Government could get its hands on because the Federal Deficit that was growing under Bush.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17372 Jan 21, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>like I tell those on the US politics forum when they blame Bush & the Republicans I tell them I blame the Democrats too for not offering better choices other than just Gore & Kerry and gave no better choice but Bush. Speaking of the housing crisis in April 2001 that is when the Bush Administration first red flagged Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac about trouble with the GSE but then was advocating for affordable housing in May 2002.
Home Ownership and President Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QYvtvcBKgIQXX
and then in October 2002 G.W. Bush gave another speech saying "we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want."
George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
and all G.W. Bush did was continue on with the Clinton home ownership policy.
and then speaking of Social Security Reform in chapter 11 of the book the main reason why Social Security reformed died was because of the option of allowing individuals to Privatize their Social Security Taxes and the foreseen biggest problem by the Federal Government was the lost tax revenue that the Federal Government would lose since the tax money would be no longer collected by the US Treasury which was the main reason that Social Security privatization died and besides the Federal Government was trying collect as much tax revenue as Federal Government could get its hands on because the Federal Deficit that was growing under Bush.
Absolutely incorrect. The reason it died was because of scare tactics by the Democrats. Think about it: Bush said his plan would allow only 1 to 3% of your SS contributions to go into a private fund. That would drain SS so that nobody could get it???? Plus it was optional.

The larger point is that politicians (both left and right) do whatever it takes to please the people even if it leads to our demise. A more educated public would prevent that. But the problem is that more Americans know more about their favorite American Idol than they do their Congressman, Senator or President. So politicians do whatever it takes to keep themselves or party in power.

It's like the Wal-Mart debate. Wal-Mart only gives people what they want. That's why they are number one in the country. Same holds true with politicians. They give people what they want. Screw the ramifications of their decisions.

GW and the Republicans found themselves in a disadvantage of public opinion. If you can't beat them--join them.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#17373 Jan 21, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>like I tell those on the US politics forum when they blame Bush & the Republicans I tell them I blame the Democrats too for not offering better choices other than just Gore & Kerry and gave no better choice but Bush. Speaking of the housing crisis in April 2001 that is when the Bush Administration first red flagged Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac about trouble with the GSE but then was advocating for affordable housing in May 2002.
Home Ownership and President Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QYvtvcBKgIQXX
and then in October 2002 G.W. Bush gave another speech saying "we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want."
George Bush: we want everybody in America to own their own home. That's what we want.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
and all G.W. Bush did was continue on with the Clinton home ownership policy.
and then speaking of Social Security Reform in chapter 11 of the book the main reason why Social Security reformed died was because of the option of allowing individuals to Privatize their Social Security Taxes and the foreseen biggest problem by the Federal Government was the lost tax revenue that the Federal Government would lose since the tax money would be no longer collected by the US Treasury which was the main reason that Social Security privatization died and besides the Federal Government was trying collect as much tax revenue as Federal Government could get its hands on because the Federal Deficit that was growing under Bush.
Show us the youtubes where GW warned of the collapse due to the Clinton policies of loaning money with food stamps for collateral...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17374 Jan 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely incorrect. The reason it died was because of scare tactics by the Democrats. Think about it: Bush said his plan would allow only 1 to 3% of your SS contributions to go into a private fund. That would drain SS so that nobody could get it???? Plus it was optional.
The larger point is that politicians (both left and right) do whatever it takes to please the people even if it leads to our demise. A more educated public would prevent that. But the problem is that more Americans know more about their favorite American Idol than they do their Congressman, Senator or President. So politicians do whatever it takes to keep themselves or party in power.
It's like the Wal-Mart debate. Wal-Mart only gives people what they want. That's why they are number one in the country. Same holds true with politicians. They give people what they want. Screw the ramifications of their decisions.
GW and the Republicans found themselves in a disadvantage of public opinion. If you can't beat them--join them.
no thats the real reason Bruce Bartlett explains because its lost revenue for the current entitlement society and if you allow the ones currently paying Social Security taxes and let them take their money and privatize their Social Security tax money the Recipents currently on the entitlement system are done because Social Security is based on a Ponzi Scheme which I think it needs to end because of SCOTUS case of Flemming vs Nestor stating that there is no Property right regardless of an individuals contribution since it is based on a tax as stated the SCOTUS case of Helvering v. Davis(1937) the Social Security tax is treated as any other tax there for is not earmarked.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17375 Jan 21, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the youtubes where GW warned of the collapse due to the Clinton policies of loaning money with food stamps for collateral...
Setting the Record Straight: Six Years of Unheeded Warnings for GSE Reform Starting in April 2001.

ĽApril: The Administration's FY02 budget declares that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is "a potential problem," because "financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity." (2002 Budget Analytic Perspectives, pg. 142)

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17376 Jan 21, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
and then speaking of Social Security Reform in chapter 11 of the book the main reason why Social Security reformed died was because of the option of allowing individuals to Privatize their Social Security Taxes and the foreseen biggest problem by the Federal Government was the lost tax revenue that the Federal Government would lose since the tax money would be no longer collected by the US Treasury which was the main reason that Social Security privatization died and besides the Federal Government was trying collect as much tax revenue as Federal Government could get its hands on because the Federal Deficit that was growing under Bush.
Again, an example of OUR reps under performing.The biggest problem is that BOTH parties tapped the SS fund by 'borrowing' from it.
Social Security would still be totally viable IF the I.O.U.'s didn't exist for money "borrowed" from it. S.S. is NOT an entitlement program since specific payroll taxes were deducted for it & then were stolen to balance the federal budget at times. Which the senate has not even brought to a up or down vote since April 2009 which the president & OUR so called representatives are OBLIGATED to do EVERY year. I would love an explaination on that one. It seems like impeachment qualifications due to malfeasance to me for Harry Reid & others since he has tabled EVERY bill that came out of Congress including a democratic congress in 2009 & 2010 & then 2011 & 2012.
There is some clearly illegal activity or lack of activity there. Why has the media & or the public NOT been on the top of this issue? Again, politicians wonder why they have low public respect. Perfectly an example of political B.S.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#17377 Jan 21, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>thank Nixon for that.
It is amazing that a man who was once the model of a conservative Republican (Nixon) would now be seen as being to the left of a liberal Democrat! How times have changed...
Wondering

United States

#17378 Jan 21, 2013
What are you talking about? Just let it go and enjoy life. Enjoy yourself. Life is way to short to worry about this stuff. God is in control and it is all going to be ok.
Wondering

United States

#17379 Jan 21, 2013
John Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
uh....
John Smith I agree with you what was up with that?
Wondering

United States

#17380 Jan 21, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing that a man who was once the model of a conservative Republican (Nixon) would now be seen as being to the left of a liberal Democrat! How times have changed...
Old guy: you are going to be ok. it is all be ok. Trust god.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17381 Jan 21, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Again, an example of OUR reps under performing.The biggest problem is that BOTH parties tapped the SS fund by 'borrowing' from it.
Social Security would still be totally viable IF the I.O.U.'s didn't exist for money "borrowed" from it. S.S. is NOT an entitlement program since specific payroll taxes were deducted for it & then were stolen to balance the federal budget at times. Which the senate has not even brought to a up or down vote since April 2009 which the president & OUR so called representatives are OBLIGATED to do EVERY year. I would love an explaination on that one. It seems like impeachment qualifications due to malfeasance to me for Harry Reid & others since he has tabled EVERY bill that came out of Congress including a democratic congress in 2009 & 2010 & then 2011 & 2012.
There is some clearly illegal activity or lack of activity there. Why has the media & or the public NOT been on the top of this issue? Again, politicians wonder why they have low public respect. Perfectly an example of political B.S.
if you look back at the census records when Social Security was first implemented it wasnt designed to pay because people back then their life expectancy was never passed 65 for the majority but Both parties have used Social Security as a slush fund as did FDR and yes Social Security is an entitlement because its designed to pay out more than what people paid in and its adminstered by the Federal Government besides its not individuals money since there is no property rights to Social Security tax money its the Federal Government Money to do what they want with it since its based & formulated as a tax as stated in the SCOTUS case of Flemming vs Nestor(1960). below is an example why Social Security is in trouble and shows how its based on a ponzi scheme.

Ida May Fuller had collected $22,888.92 from Social Security monthly benefits, compared to her contributions of $24.75 to the system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ida_May_Fuller

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17382 Jan 21, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing that a man who was once the model of a conservative Republican (Nixon) would now be seen as being to the left of a liberal Democrat! How times have changed...
Exactly and why Eisenhower was considered a progressive which they blame that on Nixion's influence on Eisenhower.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17383 Jan 22, 2013
Stupid in Mansfield wrote:
Hey Pants! Corporations are "people" too! mit said so!
LOL! You should do a comedy show and take that on the road. Good shyte man.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17384 Jan 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the EPA has saddled our refineries with so many regulations that it has to effect the price we pay at the pumps. Add to that the devaluing of our US dollar, the price of gas will never go below $3.00 per gallon again until we get some real leadership in this country.
I figured you would agree that the tax code is the problem. Look at the cliff deal, obama promised to make the "rich" pay their fair share and close corporate tax loopholes. What happened? He eagerly signed a deal that did not raise corporate taxes at all, or close any loopholes. In fact it opened new corporate tax loopholes.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17385 Jan 22, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>thank Nixon for that.
I never knew. nixon used an executive order for that?
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17386 Jan 22, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.. same reason corn will never drop below 5 bucks ever again now. More so to the devaluation of the dollar.
all the unproductive govt spending helps cause the inflation too. That's why I can't take obama supporters who didn't vote for bush twice as being honest with themselves. How is obamas spending better than bushes? What? Bush didn't raise taxes? Oh. Did obama raise them enough?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17387 Jan 22, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> I never knew. nixon used an executive order for that?
Yeap, Nixon sure did use Executive Order to create the EPA.

The EPA was proposed by President Richard Nixon and began operation on December 2, 1970, after Nixon signed an executive order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_En...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17388 Jan 22, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> all the unproductive govt spending helps cause the inflation too. That's why I can't take obama supporters who didn't vote for bush twice as being honest with themselves. How is obamas spending better than bushes? What? Bush didn't raise taxes? Oh. Did obama raise them enough?
as long as the economy stays where its at and nobody has money to buy you wont see inflation because there is no demand and what the government wants which already was proven during the Truman adminstration.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17389 Jan 22, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> I figured you would agree that the tax code is the problem. Look at the cliff deal, obama promised to make the "rich" pay their fair share and close corporate tax loopholes. What happened? He eagerly signed a deal that did not raise corporate taxes at all, or close any loopholes. In fact it opened new corporate tax loopholes.
The problem with that is we have the highest base rate for corporate taxes in the world. Loopholes were created so that politicians could pick the winners and the losers. I can't tell you how many times I've heard politicians or potential politicians say they were going to close loopholes or simplify the tax system.

But for the sake of discussion, let's say that everybody got together and closed the loopholes and made corporate tax a flat rate. That means most all taxes would increase on corporations. How do you think those corporations would respond? They would just pay more money?

Every action causes a reaction. We've seen it with DumBama's polices his first term and we will see even more during his second. In fact, business leaders are already planning for Commie Care. Many said they will reduce their full time work force because the law doesn't apply to part-time workers, and other say they will outsource work. After all, if you make widgets for a living and sell those widgets for ten bucks a piece, Obama Care would force you to sell those same widgets for $14.00 a piece. If you outsource much of that work, it will still dig into your profit, so you would be able to sell those widgets for $12.00 a piece because outsourcing would be cheaper than getting involved with Commie Care.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17390 Jan 22, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easier to demonize Wal-Mart than it is the consumer. Don't insult the American consumer.
Several years ago when shots were taken at Wal-Mart by the Democrats, a writer went out to take pictures of cars in their parking lot that had the proud UAW or some other union bumper sticker.
We could have many Americans working tomorrow if we were willing to buy their products. But that's not a reality. The reality is that Americans are consumed with cheap low-grade products regardless where they come from. We don't care if our purchases puts Americans out of work, we don't care if our products were made by non-union labor, we don't even care if they were manufactured by slave labor with terrible environmental conditions. All we care about is what it costs.
Is that what I was doing, demonizing Wal-Mart? Not at all intended. After all, I mentioned that they were keeping up with their competition although without names...Target, Meier, & K-mart to name a few. Heck, IF GM had astute management like P&G, Kroger & these other companies, it is likely that one could still buy a Firebird, Hummer, Saab & or others & the tax payer NOT be on the hook for bailing them out.
Personally my brother & I shop to avoid Mainland China, India, Pakistan & others.
I earn exactly 1/2 of what I earned in 2000 without factoring in inflation so of course I am buying as cheap as I can but without buying from countries with known nasty labor practices. We'll pay more when our standards require it but no more than we have to or we do without when possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Cocker is dead. 4 min Duke for Mayor 50
COPS lives MATTER 6 min d pantz 139
Merry Christmas everybody 13 min They cannot kill ... 29
Foreign companies taking greater interest in Ce... 2 hr now hey 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 4,920
2 magical days until Christmas 6 hr Duke for Mayor 64
The Middle East 9 hr Pale Rider 38
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:45 am PST

NFL11:45AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports 1:46 PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert