Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17015 Dec 31, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about skewing the argument if not just getting off of it. Give us a break from the drama & exaggerations. The percentage of slave owners was single digits, even some Free Blacks owned slaves. Then PLEASE do NOT forget the Underground Railroad which was operated by Free Whites! Slavery was also legal in the UK, Spain & a tremendous number of other countries. PLUS, the 'slaves' were sold by other African countries, tribes, & clans while those same African countries, tribes & clans had slaves themselves Besides the Islamic countries many of which still do have slaves.
Wow. Rationalize much?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17016 Dec 31, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the racist act of creating a tax on tanning beds too. Then there's the fact that $250,000 buys very little in NY, LA, Dallas, Miami, Philly, Chicago etc etc compared to Mobile Alabama, Hartford, Bismark etc etc. The figure is too low & too arbitrary.
This should be good.

1) How is a tax on tanning beds racist?

2) How many people do you know that individually make $250K/year?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17017 Dec 31, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the part where he said the government was going to shut down for the next four years. Was that in there?
It was hidden by his transparency!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17018 Dec 31, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Rationalize much?
Much More than you
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17019 Dec 31, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be good.
1) How is a tax on tanning beds racist?
2) How many people do you know that individually make $250K/year?
1)Ever see an African use a tanning bed?
2) How many people that YOU or I know that make $250K has absolutely no relevance & for you to bring it up is just a red herring.
3) Why not ask how many people that YOU or I know that live in Dallas, LA, NY or Mobile? Same as #2, "NO relevance."
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17020 Dec 31, 2012
To: Che & Duke. A sincere question here expecting a serious answer. What is the differences between Libs & Conserv's as you see it?
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#17021 Dec 31, 2012
Pops wrote:
To: Che & Duke. A sincere question here expecting a serious answer. What is the differences between Libs & Conserv's as you see it?
Degrees of and ability to feel empathy.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17022 Dec 31, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Degrees of and ability to feel empathy.
woof
Too simple of an answer. Cop out. Get specific pls
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#17023 Dec 31, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Too simple of an answer. Cop out. Get specific pls
You asked Pops. I answered.

I don't really engage in the "liberal"/"cons ervative" labeling game all that much.

That may be why you don't like my answer.

I find that people usually have varying opinions on different issues, and that often, they say one thing in public and do another in private (i.e. espousing an anti-abortion/pro family political position while encouraging your lover to get an abortion, all while being a married, elected official).

So I just don't think the label game is all that important.

Empathy though, I think is typically a pretty good gauge.

woof

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17024 Dec 31, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked Pops. I answered.
I don't really engage in the "liberal"/"cons ervative" labeling game all that much.
That may be why you don't like my answer.
I find that people usually have varying opinions on different issues, and that often, they say one thing in public and do another in private (i.e. espousing an anti-abortion/pro family political position while encouraging your lover to get an abortion, all while being a married, elected official).
So I just don't think the label game is all that important.
Empathy though, I think is typically a pretty good gauge.
woof
just depends too what part of the Country you are from too because I find people that call themselves and consider themselves a modern Conservative in different parts of the country I think they are more inline as a modern Liberal or vise versa. When I go to different metro areas in the US, I am always prepared for a culture shock especially when you start talking politics which is why I can see why things are so messed up in Washington DC.
Ohmygosh

New York, NY

#17025 Dec 31, 2012
Wow
victor

Kenton, OH

#17026 Jan 1, 2013
Pops wrote:
To: Che & Duke. A sincere question here expecting a serious answer. What is the differences between Libs & Conserv's as you see it?
It seems to me that the true purpose

of Democrats and Republicans is chaos.

These are two opposing teams that create an

environment of confusion - so some lying j@ck@ss

can come along and be the "hero", decieve the people.

I used to believe (many years ago in my youth) that

republicans were interested in balancing the budget-

what a joke. ha
victor

Kenton, OH

#17027 Jan 1, 2013
Republicans also seem to support the interest of the ulra rich-going way overboard in that reguard.

While the Democrats seem to support the needy-welfareand entitlement program - they also go way overboard, to the very extreme.

And the real goal here is to never compromise - continue the environment where

the ultra rich continue stealing oportunity from the poor and middle class

so the poor and middle class need help to pay for basic nessesities and need government programs

that are no longer supported by the ultra rich.

The ultra rich can create a separate environment for themselves-like private schools

while the poor and middle class do without.

But, the poor and middle class will win - because we will be placed in an environment where we need to be innovative - while the ultra rich will cease all inovations as they are feeling pampered in their environment.

their minds will not be sharpened-they will become complacent

and then they will need someone else to come along to help them...

I suppose that is why they preferred becoming the king or the queen - to force the innovative ones to be their slaves. That won't last forever.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17028 Jan 1, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard this take before. A lot of folks are talking about the delay in women marrying as part of the achievement gap. With more women than men getting uni degrees, some people think that traditional views on appropriate achievement levels (that women want men who have a higher level of education and etc than themselves) are keeping women single.
I don't think either make too much sense, personally. Looking at census data, women aren't single as in alone but single as in unmarried. You've got more and more people cohabitating or living in long term partnerships without marrying. It seems less an inability to find a partner than a move to redefine partnerships in a way that fits more cleanly in with emerging goals.
Though, who knows, maybe men have just collectively decided that they deserve better than heavy (or educated) women and have decided to collectively boycott marriage as well!
Its a narcissism epidemic. Rampant among women in their 30s and later 20s.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17029 Jan 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked Pops. I answered.
I don't really engage in the "liberal"/"cons ervative" labeling game all that much.
That may be why you don't like my answer.
I find that people usually have varying opinions on different issues, and that often, they say one thing in public and do another in private (i.e. espousing an anti-abortion/pro family political position while encouraging your lover to get an abortion, all while being a married, elected official).
So I just don't think the label game is all that important.
Empathy though, I think is typically a pretty good gauge.
woof
it was a generic answer. One you might hear from a contestant in a miss america pageant, from miss west virginia.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17030 Jan 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be good.
1) How is a tax on tanning beds racist?
2) How many people do you know that individually make $250K/year?
!.) tax tanning beds is racist on whitey.

2.) I know at least 50 people who earn 250K a year or more that I share time with.

3.) your class warfare is going to blow up in your face.

morons like you never learn.

if you do this, we will do that

take Hostees as example.

guess who is unemployed now.....and guess who was the problem in the first place.

how is that hope & change working out?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17031 Jan 1, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how emails are written in kindergarten.
OK

in kindergarden I am paid more monthly than you are in a year.

now go clean your room.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#17032 Jan 1, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Degrees of and ability to feel empathy.
woof
my MBA pays much better than your JD.

why did you waste the money for that extra 2 years of useless education?

your degree is sub standard when comparing apples to apples; and I have zero empathy regarding your ignorance.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#17033 Jan 1, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> it was a generic answer. One you might hear from a contestant in a miss america pageant, from miss west virginia.
Don't you have a conspiracy to expose?

Check the ceiling fixture in the kitchen.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#17034 Jan 1, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a narcissism epidemic. Rampant among women in their 30s and later 20s.
I've read that it was really rampant among white males for quite a few centuries before ohhhhh...1970.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama and share the wealth? 2 hr Zoe Regen 13
need a good audiologist (Feb '13) 2 hr Zoe Regen 11
News City Employee Violated Rules In Aiding Homebuyer 2 hr Zoe Regen 2
News Sherrod Brown wants federal funding for Columbu... 2 hr Zoe Regen 5
Obama rated 5th best POTUS in history! 2 hr Zoe Regen 51
Arby's ground zero in war on cops 6 hr Duke for Mayor 6
News Neighbors object to proposed Speedway truck-ref... 7 hr MAE2131 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages