Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#16822 Dec 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am intriqued that Scalia would cite the Pledge of Allegiance as authority. Dude truly is nuts.
I didn't interpret it as a citation of authority, but more as a citation of evidence of a antecedent, resulting influence.

Either way, its pretty funny.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16823 Dec 28, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Man's natural habitat would qualify. Unfortunately, you leftists interpret that as Section 8 housing.
What is man's natural habitat? A cave?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16824 Dec 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't my fault that when I point out to you what the law is, you don't agree with it. Tis what it tis.
State restrictions upon abortion and gun rights involve the same sort of judicial review applied to fundamental Constitutional rights. That's what you and Fred seem not to understand. States are permitted to restrict/regulate fundamental rights in order to protect a legitimate state/public interest. It happens in the case of abortions. It happens in the case of guns.
woof
Again, you're arguing the legalities of it instead of harmful intent or motive. Lawsuits are public record, but I bet the ambulance chasers would be howling at the moon if a conservative outlet conveniently listed the outcome of those lawsuits, how much money was awarded, or the lawyers take.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16825 Dec 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're arguing the legalities of it instead of harmful intent or motive. Lawsuits are public record, but I bet the ambulance chasers would be howling at the moon if a conservative outlet conveniently listed the outcome of those lawsuits, how much money was awarded, or the lawyers take.
Probably not.

http://www.dln.com/

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#16826 Dec 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What is man's natural habitat? A cave?
No doubt in your case.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16827 Dec 28, 2012
<quoted text>No doubt in your case.
And here I thought you might have a rational thought about your assertion. Silly me.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#16829 Dec 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Struck a nerve, huh George?
If the state says its the state's business, or the public's...it is.
The 2nd Amendment is not absolute.
Read the caselaw Fred.
woof
I agree with both of you. The decision to call the law was based on behavior which they were logically due to do whether or not Kermit or Billy Bob has any sort of weapon. And whether or not it's publicly available info depends on the state. The call was still the right thing.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#16830 Dec 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are misinformed. "Libs" (which appears to be your word for anyone left of Rush Limbaugh) are working all the time to make the voting process better, including cleaning up the voter rolls.
Voters are disenfranchised by the GOP tactics. In order to vote a provisional ballot, one must be properly registered. So, if the BOE sends a card to a voter's street address instead of the voter's PO box and the card is returned "Undeliverable" that voter's registration is "purged." That voter now has to re-register. Of course, that voter has no idea that her registration has been canceled until she shows up on election day and isn't in the book anymore. Can't vote a regular ballot. Can't vote a provisional ballot. Can't vote period.
The problem is when "Libs" bring this type of thing up to the current GOP Secretary of State he acts like you, stomping his feet, covering his ears, and screaming voter fraud. Someday, people in your party will become reasonable again and we will have calm, rational conversation about how to address the legitimate fears you have without disenfranchising people. It can be done, but only after the hysteria stops.
I am barely qualified to discuss Rush. I don't listen to his pompous rants anymore.
Why do you choose to so often be denigrating? "...stomping feet, covering ears & screaming voter fraud"? And then there's .."your party" MY party?? I have said B4 & will say one more time, I have been registered 'Independent' for decades. I have voted both major parties & even Libertarian over time. So I have NO party so to speak. But I will admit to being a Moderate with conservative leanings.
Then there's 'covering ears' again. NO ONE is disenfranchised because there are Provisional Ballots to rectify ANY problem. The Libs call out 'disenfranchisement' of Blacks, the aged, poor, Latino's & others. That is insulting to many because it basically says that they are NOT capable of voting by the lawful process. Some do need some assistance but that is available by a phone call or asking family. Wouldn't you help someone get to the polls or register or mail in a ballot if you were aware? I would.
Please inform me of how Libs have tried to help refine the voting process? If you have something, I am all ears.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#16831 Dec 28, 2012
one of the good ones wrote:
I think we need to start voting for the best canidate not vote because he is a republican or democrat
Hip Hip Hooray! That's what have done for decades.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16832 Dec 28, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I am barely qualified to discuss Rush. I don't listen to his pompous rants anymore.
Why do you choose to so often be denigrating? "...stomping feet, covering ears & screaming voter fraud"? And then there's .."your party" MY party?? I have said B4 & will say one more time, I have been registered 'Independent' for decades. I have voted both major parties & even Libertarian over time. So I have NO party so to speak. But I will admit to being a Moderate with conservative leanings.
Then there's 'covering ears' again. NO ONE is disenfranchised because there are Provisional Ballots to rectify ANY problem. The Libs call out 'disenfranchisement' of Blacks, the aged, poor, Latino's & others. That is insulting to many because it basically says that they are NOT capable of voting by the lawful process. Some do need some assistance but that is available by a phone call or asking family. Wouldn't you help someone get to the polls or register or mail in a ballot if you were aware? I would.
Please inform me of how Libs have tried to help refine the voting process? If you have something, I am all ears.
You insist on calling anyone who doesn't agree with your right wing agenda "Libs" and then insist that you are a moderate without political party. That is one the more disingenous comments I have read here. Pretending to be moderate while parroting tea party talking points doesn't help your cause.

You obviously didn't read my post. Provisional ballots are NOT available to people not registered. I provided you with an actual scenario in which GOP ham handed efforts to purge voter rolls disenfranchised properly registered voters. It is interesting that you take offense to my characterization of you covering your ears yet you completely chose to ignore what I was teaching you. I guess I was right about how you and your right wing friends react when presented with the truth, wasn't I?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#16834 Dec 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You insist on calling anyone who doesn't agree with your right wing agenda "Libs" and then insist that you are a moderate without political party. That is one the more disingenous comments I have read here. Pretending to be moderate while parroting tea party talking points doesn't help your cause.
You obviously didn't read my post. Provisional ballots are NOT available to people not registered. I provided you with an actual scenario in which GOP ham handed efforts to purge voter rolls disenfranchised properly registered voters. It is interesting that you take offense to my characterization of you covering your ears yet you completely chose to ignore what I was teaching you. I guess I was right about how you and your right wing friends react when presented with the truth, wasn't I?
I agree with most of your post. I also asked if you would help people register which you didn't answer.
Then there is WHY LET PEOPLE VOTE that did NOT register? It is NOT difficult & NOT needed every year! In fact, as long as one continues to vote ONLY every OTHER election, they will remain registered with NO extra effort as long as they do NOT change precincts. It is a minimal requirement!
IF someone is too incompetent to even register, they are too incompetent to vote. Pretty flippin' simple. Registering is no more complicated than getting a customer loyalty card at the grocery store. IF someone is too simple to register for voting or a store loyalty card, they don't deserve to vote or get store loyalty benefits. Who wants idiots & incompetents to vote? Only liars, propagandists & cheaters.
Pretty black & white, pretty simple unless they are too simple to perform the MINIMAL requirements. MINIMAL being the operative word.
I haven't ignored what you "are trying to teach me.' You have taught nothing. Only argued the inarguable.
IF someone is NOT registered, they could be deceased, illegal, a felon, etc. IF they are registered anywhere it will be discovered in the provisional ballot process.
YOU also have NOT given me one example of Libs/Dems/bleeding hearts trying to improve voter registration enrollments. I guess that those examples don't exist since you can't give even 1 weak or even invalid example.
Lastly, I don't simply call anyone that disagrees with me a Lib, especially since I am an Independent that has voted at least 3 different parties, I was calling the whiners,'progressives', cheaters, propagandists & bleeding hearts that do NOT want standards for voting, Liberals. You don't hear of Libratarians, Conservatives, Constitutionalists & others whining about registration standards,while trying to create a standard requirement to minimalize fraud, Just the flippin' baseless whining Libs/propagandists wanting to include EVERYONE!!
What the heck is wrong with STANDARDS?? Answer that question even IF you continue to avoid my other questions.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#16836 Dec 28, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with most of your post. I also asked if you would help people register which you didn't answer.
Then there is WHY LET PEOPLE VOTE that did NOT register? It is NOT difficult & NOT needed every year! In fact, as long as one continues to vote ONLY every OTHER election, they will remain registered with NO extra effort as long as they do NOT change precincts. It is a minimal requirement!
IF someone is too incompetent to even register, they are too incompetent to vote. Pretty flippin' simple. Registering is no more complicated than getting a customer loyalty card at the grocery store. IF someone is too simple to register for voting or a store loyalty card, they don't deserve to vote or get store loyalty benefits. Who wants idiots & incompetents to vote?.
Democrats.
ickley

Celina, OH

#16837 Dec 29, 2012
The simple fact that someone would use "Che" as a statement says they support a "murderer" or think its cool. Like kids that wear the T-Shirts. Do any of you even know the outrageous violence of this guy? You cannot reason with unreasonable people.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16838 Dec 29, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with most of your post. I also asked if you would help people register which you didn't answer.
IF someone is too incompetent to even register, they are too incompetent to vote. Pretty flippin' simple. Registering is no more complicated than getting a customer loyalty card at the grocery store. IF someone is too simple to register for voting or a store loyalty card, they don't deserve to vote or get store loyalty benefits. Who wants idiots & incompetents to vote? Only liars, propagandists & cheaters.
Pretty black & white, pretty simple unless they are too simple to perform the MINIMAL requirements. MINIMAL being the operative word.
I haven't ignored what you "are trying to teach me.' You have taught nothing. Only argued the inarguable.
IF someone is NOT registered, they could be deceased, illegal, a felon, etc. IF they are registered anywhere it will be discovered in the provisional ballot process.
YOU also have NOT given me one example of Libs/Dems/bleeding hearts trying to improve voter registration enrollments. I guess that those examples don't exist since you can't give even 1 weak or even invalid example.
Lastly, I don't simply call anyone that disagrees with me a Lib, especially since I am an Independent that has voted at least 3 different parties, I was calling the whiners,'progressives', cheaters, propagandists & bleeding hearts that do NOT want standards for voting, Liberals. You don't hear of Libratarians, Conservatives, Constitutionalists & others whining about registration standards,while trying to create a standard requirement to minimalize fraud, Just the flippin' baseless whining Libs/propagandists wanting to include EVERYONE!!
What the heck is wrong with STANDARDS?? Answer that question even IF you continue to avoid my other questions.
I am going to repost what I wrote yesterday, including my statement about covering ears and stomping feet, because you still haven't seemed to read and understand my explanation about how people were disenfranchised by the GOP voter roll purge.
You have reacted exactly the way I complained off in this post. You are so insistant on fighting me because you have labeled me a "Lib" that you won't listen to any facts I provide.
Here is the answer to how a conscientious voter gets her registration canceled, unbeknown to her, and is not permitted to cast a ballot in the next election:
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Voters are disenfranchised by the GOP tactics. In order to vote a provisional ballot, one must be properly registered. So, if the BOE sends a card to a voter's street address instead of the voter's PO box and the card is returned "Undeliverable" that voter's registration is "purged." That voter now has to re-register. Of course, that voter has no idea that her registration has been canceled until she shows up on election day and isn't in the book anymore. Can't vote a regular ballot. Can't vote a provisional ballot. Can't vote period.
The problem is when "Libs" bring this type of thing up to the current GOP Secretary of State acts like you, stomping his feet, covering his ears, and screaming voter fraud.
No liberal I know or how I have read write about the subject is against making our voting system stronger or more secure. They and I are against doing it in a way that results in legitimate voters being denied a ballot. The GOP has yet to try to implement remedies that don't beny folks a ballot. I wonder why.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16839 Dec 29, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats.
Your beloved Founders.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16840 Dec 29, 2012
ickley wrote:
The simple fact that someone would use "Che" as a statement says they support a "murderer" or think its cool. Like kids that wear the T-Shirts. Do any of you even know the outrageous violence of this guy? You cannot reason with unreasonable people.
Oh yeah? What about Christ?

Hilliard, OH

#16841 Dec 29, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beloved Founders.
Really? They wouldn't let women or those under 21 vote. That was pretty sensible; look what's happened since.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#16842 Dec 29, 2012
<quoted text>Really? They wouldn't let women or those under 21 vote. That was pretty sensible; look what's happened since.
Have you checked out the MGTOW folks? They're all pretty batty but a good subset of them will go on and on about how everything in America was fine till women got the vote.

Personally, I can't read enough of their stuff. It's properly amazing.

Hilliard, OH

#16843 Dec 29, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you checked out the MGTOW folks? They're all pretty batty but a good subset of them will go on and on about how everything in America was fine till women got the vote.
One thing is certain...remove the franchise from women and we'd never see another Democrat elected to national office outside of the 30 largest cities in the country.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#16844 Dec 29, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Them and the blacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Public Flogging 3 min They cannot kill ... 26
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 min Big Papa Tea 4,809
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 6 min Big Johnson 298
Columbus Police Push Legislation That Would Req... 6 min They cannot kill ... 4
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 7 min Big Papa Tea 338
Topix gets rid of Canton and Twinsburg posters!!! 9 min Big Papa Tea 38
Dead boy's mom urges Columbus marchers on 24 min Mr Teas mommy 2
Censoring Male. 3 hr Big Johnson 27
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info